The future...& today!: 3D Panoramic gaming

coldfusi0n

n00b
Just caught this on CNN: NVIDIA 3D Panoramic Gaming

Now if they could just combine the 3d capable monitor with a true panoramic monitor I would actually consider purchasing.
alienware.jpg

I hate seeing the edge of the monitor in between the screens.

Only problem I see is that the true panoramic monitor appears to distort the picture on the edges.

Thoughts?

Just caught this on CNN: NVIDIA 3D Panoramic Gaming

Now if they could just combine the 3d capable monitor with a true panoramic monitor I would actually consider purchasing.
alienware.jpg

I hate seeing the edge of the monitor in between the screens.

Only problem I see is that the true panoramic monitor appears to distort the picture on the edges.

Thoughts?

You do realize its only running at like 2880X900

This monitor has been out awhile. Seen a few Eyefinity setups with these.

http://gizmodo.com/5277667/stunning-nec-crv43-43+inch-curved-monitor-is-stunningly-expensive

Video of 3 of them in Eyefinity (Remember, with Nvidia you need an SLI Mobo and SLI cards and is done with Software not hardware like ATI where all you need is 1 card and 1 PCIE port)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix0m31q4xLw

Last edited:
Honestly, it's three DLP screens. Not really that impressive. Seeing the separation of the screens ruins it.

It would be nice if they made it out of one continuous OLED screen though.

You do realize its only running at like 2880X900

This monitor has been out awhile. Seen a few Eyefinity setups with these.

http://gizmodo.com/5277667/stunning-nec-crv43-43+inch-curved-monitor-is-stunningly-expensive

Video of 3 of them in Eyefinity (Remember, with Nvidia you need an SLI Mobo and SLI cards and is done with Software not hardware like ATI where all you need is 1 card and 1 PCIE port)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix0m31q4xLw

Yes, I was aware that this was an old monitor, was just simply posting a picture of a true panoramic display. Also, "Surround capability at CeBIT that lets you play 3D games on three 1080p 3D displays simultaneously. " The second link was of a true panoramic display, the first was the article on Tri monitor 3D gaming.

I'm unable to look at your links :( ...youtube is blocked and bandwidth here sucks... I don't even know if this post will go through =P.

I haven't read up on ATI's Eyefinity, only been tracking NVIDIA's 3D. Honestly I've owned both ATI cards and NVIDIA cards, it doesn't matter to me... I'm just interested in the growing 3D gaming age =). The origional post was to state that it would be cool to have the 3d image combined with a true panoramic display monitor.

EDIT: Eyefinity is just the multiscreen display. I don't know of ATI having a 3D component on the market yet? (Only a matter of time though)

Last edited:
Yes, I was aware that this was an old monitor, was just simply posting a picture of a true panoramic display.

I'm unable to look at your links :( ...youtube is blocked and bandwidth here sucks... I don't even know if this post will go through =P.

I haven't read up on ATI's Eyefinity, only been tracking NVIDIA's 3D. Honestly I've owned both ATI cards and NVIDIA cards, it doesn't matter to me... I'm just interested in the growing 3D gaming age =). The origional post was to state that it would be cool to have the 3d image combined with a true panoramic display monitor.

EDIT: Eyefinity is just the multiscreen display. I don't know of ATI having a 3D component on the market yet? (Only a matter of time though)

Eyefinity is 3d panaramic man, With ATI you can have up to 24 screens going at once.

And yes ATI will have 3d glasses support like Nvidia.

Basically Nvidia is catching up to ATI in every aspect right now. ATI 3d Panaramic support is done with 1 video card and is built into the GPU.

Nvidia's Panaramic support is done with 2 video cards in SLI, with an SLI motherboard, and its done by drivers and not built into the GPU.

All this stuff you are excited about has been out since September of 2009

They need to skip this 3D multi monitor BS and just get with the stereoscopic goggles. If the acton moved as you moved your head, was in 3D (not due to some screen BS but was true 3D with a seperate screen for each eye), that would be the best.

Back