The Fortnite Comet Finally Hit

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
For all you Fortnite fans out there, the comet finally hit today. No matter your thoughts on the game itself, it was an ingenious marketing ploy. And keep in mind Fortnite is free, so if you don't like it, you are simply out the download. In other news Dusty Depot has been destroyed, and now there is only Dusty Divot. Pretty funny....

Check out the video.

Everyone gets big once they have Millions just ask Bezos and his clock in a mountainside in Texas.

Had one, someone stole it, using a old core duo laptop, Vista32, on 1GB.....

I heard a rumour that Bennett keeps a rental storage unit that he fills with PC hardware and occasionally hosts a giant giveaway event. I bet if you pester him enough he'll open his doors early for you to snag some hardware for a new build.

Sikkyu - Get the [H[Minecrafters on it. A Mount HardMore with busts of admins and mods.

Season 4 is gonna be so much fun! Also, Dusty Depot will not be missed...

Not satisfied with pubg's ip now they are taking a slice of the ffxiv pie

what

it was reported that in March, fortnite got $230 MIllion in revenue from microtransactions and shit.
mother fuck.

that's almost as good as opening weekend of Avengers

Not satisfied with pubg's ip now they are taking a slice of the ffxiv pie

FFXIV did it better.

Actuallyt the only reason why I even care is because my son has talked about it non stop all day...I love that he is excited about gaming..but ugh why this one?

FFXIV did it better.

Actuallyt the only reason why I even care is because my son has talked about it non stop all day...I love that he is excited about gaming..but ugh why this one?

What don't you like about it?

what

it was reported that in March, fortnite got $230 MIllion in revenue from microtransactions and shit.
mother fuck.

that's almost as good as opening weekend of Avengers

Considering Fortnite was essentially EOL when they released the battleroyal for it, it's pretty hard to comprehend the turnaround. I played the beta, it was boring, repetetive crap. An interesting concept buried under boring gathering mechanics.

I'm... REAL bad. Building quick is a challenge when you're trying to not die but damn, it's fun. Epic is straight killing it with this game though.

It's quite exciting to see how popular it is.

Blink twice if you're being held against your will.
upload_2018-5-1_18-15-48.png

Everything. I absolutely despise what shooters have become. Obviously I don't tell him that, just a personal opinion.

This is the first time I've "caved" and played a third-person shooter (definitely took some getting used to) since I've always despised when games allow first person or third, but Fortnite is only third so whatever. I can't argue with the fun I'm having though, and with RL friends I haven't gamed with in years, so I'm loving it.

I'll never forgive them for shutting down Paragon in favor of Fortnight.

Also, I suck at it.

But I get why people love it

I'll never forgive them for shutting down Paragon in favor of Fortnight.

Also, I suck at it.

But I get why people love it

After playing around with it for a couple of hours I realized I suck at it too. Only played the Battle Royal portion. So pretty much, parachute in, find weapons, get killed, restart. I guess it would be better if I were in a squad. I'll put a little more time into it before I come to a conclusion on weather or not I like it after I get down the mechanics.

After playing around with it for a couple of hours I realized I suck at it too. Only played the Battle Royal portion. So pretty much, parachute in, find weapons, get killed, restart. I guess it would be better if I were in a squad. I'll put a little more time into it before I come to a conclusion on weather or not I like it after I get down the mechanics.

I was hoping there was like a training arena or bot matches or something.

Yeah, that would have been helpful. Getting mauled as soon as you land is frustrating.
Having played with a large number of friends new to the game the best advice I can give people is to train yourself to keep an eye on your opponent while keeping yourself hidden, use that third person view to your advantage, try to hold the high ground and be patient.

Get comfortable with building, and most importantly never panic

Alright! I guess I'll try this game out since its free and see what all the hoopla is about.

You have to give it more than just a few minutes of play time. Get good.

I hated both Fortnite and PUBG (still prefer PUBG) for a while. Once you start getting good and get the strategies and such down, it gets to be a LOT better of a game. It's not the game that's a blast to play. It's how you play it. It can get fun as shit.

I tried hard to like fortnite, but I just don't like their implementation of vertical combat. I enjoy the PVE map more than the PVP. Considering all I play these days is Earth and Beyond emulator I guess it doesn't matter.

If someone said this game was a practical joke I'd have believed them easily. It reminds me of lemmings3d from 1995.

You have to give it more than just a few minutes of play time. Get good.

I hated both Fortnite and PUBG (still prefer PUBG) for a while. Once you start getting good and get the strategies and such down, it gets to be a LOT better of a game. It's not the game that's a blast to play. It's how you play it. It can get fun as shit.

I find it crazy that people see any resemblance between Fortnite and PUBG, they are entirely different games past the really superficial similarity in the game mode. Fortnite has some of the best core gameplay mechanics I've seen in years, and it's easily one of my favorite games of all time. There's so much possibility for strategy in Fortnite compared to any other shooter, none of the mechanics feel gimmicky and it directly rewards becoming more proficient with the core mechanic (building). There's really nothing like it, and the payoff when something you try is successful is really satisfying.

The game has a steep learning curve, but it's very rewarding to "get good", and you feel it pay off when you can mistakenly go into duo or squad solo and find yourself picking whole teams off one by one just by virtue of being to outbuild them and keep tracking them when they have no idea where you are. When you find yourself fighting someone equally good or better than you are it's exhilarating and you'll find that intelligent building and "game sense" are more important than kneejerk reflex aimbot style play like in CS (yes I appreciate the need to know the map very carefully but you get my point).

The core gameplay makes it feel very fresh to me, and Epic has been amazing with the content updates. I'm not a fan of microtransactions and all their bullshit but Epic's spin on it for Fortnite BR seems rather tame and I've gladly given them 10$ twice now for the battlepass. Very impressive on their behalf honestly, the level of engagement with the community and the good decisions they've been making in favor of balance are really paying off. When they make mistakes they admit it and revert changes frequently.

It's also a hilarious game, and I've been playing it since February I think and still every time a boogie bomb is thrown the clap gets me every time.

I find it crazy that people see any resemblance between Fortnite and PUBG, they are entirely different games past the really superficial similarity in the game mode. Fortnite has some of the best core gameplay mechanics I've seen in years, and it's easily one of my favorite games of all time. There's so much possibility for strategy in Fortnite compared to any other shooter, none of the mechanics feel gimmicky and it directly rewards becoming more proficient with the core mechanic (building). There's really nothing like it, and the payoff when something you try is successful is really satisfying.

The game has a steep learning curve, but it's very rewarding to "get good", and you feel it pay off when you can mistakenly go into duo or squad solo and find yourself picking whole teams off one by one just by virtue of being to outbuild them and keep tracking them when they have no idea where you are. When you find yourself fighting someone equally good or better than you are it's exhilarating and you'll find that intelligent building and "game sense" are more important than kneejerk reflex aimbot style play like in CS (yes I appreciate the need to know the map very carefully but you get my point).

The core gameplay makes it feel very fresh to me, and Epic has been amazing with the content updates. I'm not a fan of microtransactions and all their bullshit but Epic's spin on it for Fortnite BR seems rather tame and I've gladly given them 10$ twice now for the battlepass. Very impressive on their behalf honestly, the level of engagement with the community and the good decisions they've been making in favor of balance are really paying off. When they make mistakes they admit it and revert changes frequently.

It's also a hilarious game, and I've been playing it since February I think and still every time a boogie bomb is thrown the clap gets me every time.

That game mode is the thing that you have to get good at. It's not your standard FPS. Especially towards the end. You have to know your enemies positions, find out if it's worth giving up your own position to progress or wait for the other few people to fight it out and pick up the scraps, etc.. It's a survival game in that aspect with FPS elements. You can go stealth and let others do the killing, or you can go guns blazing...

I enjoy playing it, but gave up on winning a long time ago. Hitting the top 10 now is an achievement where I could do it fairly regularly a few months ago. The players skills have come a long ways. Watch some of the builds these guys do is nuts.

Tried really hard to get into this game the past couple of days. Just not my cup of tea. Seems really shallow. Definitely for the new generation of gamers who like these sort of building games. I myself grew up with Lincoln Logs & Lego, so I think it's well out of my system.

That game mode is the thing that you have to get good at. It's not your standard FPS. Especially towards the end. You have to know your enemies positions, find out if it's worth giving up your own position to progress or wait for the other few people to fight it out and pick up the scraps, etc.. It's a survival game in that aspect with FPS elements. You can go stealth and let others do the killing, or you can go guns blazing...
True, but even if you stealth your way to the end and you have the high ground if you can't build and your opponent can you're as good as dead

Back