The First Zombie-Proof House

A turret will leave you open to possible invasion. Either you have to man the turret or it's remote control, but requires you to open it up and load the weapons.

It'd be better to put sawblades on the outside of your house, that spin and cut everything up. Inside you'd have your generator to power it all.

A turret will leave you open to possible invasion. Either you have to man the turret or it's remote control, but requires you to open it up and load the weapons.

It'd be better to put sawblades on the outside of your house, that spin and cut everything up. Inside you'd have your generator to power it all.
Where do you get the fuel for the generator? Human-powered tricycles? Hamster-powered wheels? BUT THEN WHERE DO YOU GET THE FOOD TO FEED EVERYONE?!

needs a way to repel attackers. slit holes or like mentioned earlier a turret or firing point from roof.

I'd catch zombies, put them in a gigantic titanium hamster wheel, and they can generate power.

I'd catch zombies, put them in a gigantic titanium hamster wheel, and they can generate power.

Interesting idea. Seeing as the zombies seem to have an infinite energy source, you could task them with turning turbines... all it would take is a human for them to pursue and the generator is turned indefinitely. Once you establish what it is they pursue--sight, smell, sound, whatever--you can just rig up the necessary "carrot" for them to endlessly stagger after.

My God. The only thing standing between us and perfect green energy is the lack of zombies.

Where do you get the fuel for the generator? Human-powered tricycles? Hamster-powered wheels? BUT THEN WHERE DO YOU GET THE FOOD TO FEED EVERYONE?!

You need a zombie proof vehicle to match the zombie proof house. Have to be able to go out and gather supplies. Different ways to generate power. Can go with fuel, solar, wind, and maybe even zombie power.

Just like a woman on a shopping spree, this house needs to be 'accessorized'. :D
1. Laser turrets on each roof corner.
2. 40mm grenade launchers on each wall between the laser turrets (when you need to take out a bunch of zombies at once).
3. Pop-out flame throwers 3 feet above house base (in the event zombies make it over the wall).
4. Highly trained, explosive-laden hamsters dispensed from tubes protruding at the base of the wall (pre-emptive strike).

Did I miss anything? :p

I suggest 20mm grenades instead. Small, so you can store more of them. Also no flame throwers. That just means, you'll have zombies that are on fire, coming up to your house.

Me personally, I wouldn't go with anything that makes loud noises or explodes. I'd use arrows in pneumatic tubes. They'd be attached with rope or wire. Then they can be reeled in and reused.

I don't need zombie-proof, I need Jehovah Witness proof house. those guys are here at least once a week trying to brain wash me.

Lasers are always a bad idea. One malfunction and you've burned a hole in your house and zombies are streaming in. NEVER leave yourself open to the stupidity of others or the imperfections of technology. That's the quickest way to death by zombie (well, second quickest, after lack of cardio).

I'm thinking low-tech: a trench/moat full of spikes would impale a lot of zombies without direct action on your part or dependence on technology. Anything that takes advantage of the fact that they're a mob of mindless shambling idiots that will walk into any trap you lay.

I don't need zombie-proof, I need Jehovah Witness proof house. those guys are here at least once a week trying to brain wash me.

I've seen one in the past few years, and she very briefly handed me a pamphlet and invited me to Easter service. Best JW visit I've ever had.

Needs Dwarf Fortress type traps, crushing/catapult drawbridges, magma traps and logic-puzzle type entrances powered by sensor plates.

Just like a woman on a shopping spree, this house needs to be 'accessorized'. :D
1. Laser turrets on each roof corner.
2. 40mm grenade launchers on each wall between the laser turrets (when you need to take out a bunch of zombies at once).
3. Pop-out flame throwers 3 feet above house base (in the event zombies make it over the wall).
4. Highly trained, explosive-laden hamsters dispensed from tubes protruding at the base of the wall (pre-emptive strike).

Did I miss anything? :p

Meh. Killing the zombies is risky and a waste of time and resources. In most scenarios you need only wait until decomposition and starvation makes them "dead." Couple years of supplies and you're golden.

Needs Dwarf Fortress type traps, crushing/catapult drawbridges, magma traps and logic-puzzle type entrances powered by sensor plates.

And speakers to broadcast the Mario theme music (yes I know that's not a Mario reference, but more people would get the joke)

not bad, the perimeter wall should be a bit taller, zombies could prolly scale they pile up on top of dead ones
and then obviously get rid of the trees so close, dont want those obscuring your view.

Meh. Killing the zombies is risky and a waste of time and resources. In most scenarios you need only wait until decomposition and starvation makes them "dead." Couple years of supplies and you're golden.

where's a the fun in a zombie apocalypse if youre gonna hide in your basement waiting for it the blow over?

You know... the military has lasorz that can burn steel at 2000ft/s+. Just use that. :D

where's a the fun in a zombie apocalypse if youre gonna hide in your basement waiting for it the blow over?

If I wanted to have fun in a zombie apocalypse, I'd go become a zombie and feast on humans with my mindless brethren, knowing only the delicious taste of brains. Ignorance is bliss, after all.

I wonder what heating and cooling is like? The potential is there for some good insulation.

Looks like a nice house. I'd like to live in it, or one like it, spacious and I bet well insulated from external noise.

Now to get a lot and associated permits for downtown (or near down town) San Francisco :) or maybe down by the palace of fine arts.

Screw that. Rather be in the middle of fuck all. Less ppl, less zombies later.

Need to fill the pool with sharks with "frikkin" laser beams attached to their heads, and no "angry" mutated sea bass!

You could quite comfortably live sealed up in a house. You can even grow your own food.

You just need a deep water well, nuclear power source and enough UV lamps to last 100 or so years.

US Nuclear subamarines can stay underwater for a year at a time without surfacing. And look how many men they support.

Problem solved.

It also requires a lot of power.

Nuclear reactor. or particle fusion. Or best of all a generator that once started runs solely on its own power it produces and its production fax exceeds its intake of power to run.

I say lasers, powerful, fast, quite i hope. And pretty colors. Just shine the damn thing on the ground and they chase it and run them off a cliff, or into the grand canyon and seal it. :D:D:D:D:D

Cause it hasn't been said enough, drawbridge FTW!

The house maybe zombie proof, but its not human proof. How many times have we had zombie proof dwellings that someone, somehow manages to fuck up in and get everyone killed?

Nuclear reactor. or particle fusion. Or best of all a generator that once started runs solely on its own power it produces and its production fax exceeds its intake of power to run.

I say lasers, powerful, fast, quite i hope. And pretty colors. Just shine the damn thing on the ground and they chase it and run them off a cliff, or into the grand canyon and seal it. :D:D:D:D:D

What happens if the Army blows up your reactor, cause they were trying to kill zombies?

What happens if the Army blows up your reactor, cause they were trying to kill zombies?

umm............... that would be mean if they did... I want to lure zombies like i do the cat.
"RED DOT ZOMG!!!! CHASE!!!!"

I want my reactor..:eek::(

Awesome. Especially if thats solid concrete walls and doors/windows.

Looks like too much money was spent on a house that will A. never get attacked by zombies, B. is still a blasphemous energy pig and crowning with C. Why isn't it an underground monolithic, lead capped dome with a lime stone leaching field?

Needs an extremely high tower, with an internal ladder/elevator, with a helipad up top, located away from the main building with an underground tunnel reaching it. Sure that building is tall, but what if hundreds of thousands or even millions of zombies from a nearby city come shambling by? A pile of corpses could reach up to the top of that roof.

Would also be interesting to see the interior. It should be compartamentalized, like a sub, so in case of a breach the entire facility isn't lost.

Also, the idea of perpetual energry from a zombie treadmill is...absolutely genius. Never heard of it before, now someone needs to get to work creating a non-infectious zombie.

Interesting idea. Seeing as the zombies seem to have an infinite energy source, you could task them with turning turbines... all it would take is a human for them to pursue and the generator is turned indefinitely. Once you establish what it is they pursue--sight, smell, sound, whatever--you can just rig up the necessary "carrot" for them to endlessly stagger after.

My God. The only thing standing between us and perfect green energy is the lack of zombies.

This blew my mind. A zombie apocalypse used to genuinely scare me until I read this. Now, I kind of want it to happen just to see if this works. :D

So post modern constructionist crap is zombie proof now? This zombie bullshit is getting out of hand.

Back