The First Web Browser With Real Potential To Be Better Than Chrome?

I always preferred Firefox on desktop and used it forever but Chrome's mobile browser was far superior and since it syncs bookmarks and everything between my desktop, I've used Chrome exclusively for a couple years now. Firefox's mobile browser was absolute garbage foe the longest time. They've got a new one out and I've been using it a couple days ago and it seems to be very good. I'll give it a little longer and if it continues to work this well, I'll likely switch my desktop back to Firefox as well.

i used opera for years, but it didnt keep up with web standards, (except for the shitty useless current opera). i switched to firefox, i hate it, so fucking slow at rendering web pages and useless for going back to the page you just visited. been hoping for vivaldi, but not as tweakable as opera was, and all updates undo all my tweaks in coding :(

still waiting for vivaldi to get a little bit more refined and get my favorite opera functions. (tweakable mouse gestures, better cookie management, transparent skins, custom toolbar buttons)

I always preferred Firefox on desktop and used it forever but Chrome's mobile browser was far superior and since it syncs bookmarks and everything between my desktop, I've used Chrome exclusively for a couple years now. Firefox's mobile browser was absolute garbage foe the longest time. They've got a new one out and I've been using it a couple days ago and it seems to be very good. I'll give it a little longer and if it continues to work this well, I'll likely switch my desktop back to Firefox as well.
My mobile browser of choice is iCab Mobile for the iPhone. Full featured desktop browser that supports password managers (Lastpass for example), syncing to Firefox, adblocking, browser emulations, and my favorite, option to focus on newly opened tabs immediately, among many other features.

I use Chrome for the developer tools but use Firefox for web browsing. Chrome was everything Firefox is but it had become too unstable in the last few years.
I used to use Opera before they moved to Chromium which made it a lot like Chrome but worse.

If you don't login to Chrome with a Google ID none of these issues will occur.

Alternatively, just create a second Google ID for your work PC/Phone.

Just erase your browser's history. A pop up comes up to ask what to erase, make sure you check off what you want it to erase like passwords and such. It will also clear the history on any devices synced to the brower account you are using (Chrome).

Been using Vivaldi for months now, runs so much smoother then Firefox. Really loving the customization.

Chrome works fine, and from more recent benchmarks seems to much less of a resource hog than other browsers. At this point it really doesn't make sense to try new browsers anymore. Chrome is fast, relatively light and has all the extensions that one needs.

The only thing I use Chrome on is my old Chrome book. Everything else, it's Firefox.

I used this this week and I have got to say, it may have potential but it is under developed thus far.

1) erase history on exit does not exist as an option
2) bookmark sync does not exist

I find Opera to be the best browser but iCloud (windows program) only lets you sync bookmarks from IE, FF and Chrome so I continue to use Firefox as the next best alternative.

The fact they are trying to promote customization is nice, i'm all about that, and it needs it, it looks like Chrome a MAC and Windows 10 had an abortion.
This move towards that flat paper metro minimalism that is taking over, godamn it's terrible.

I like the LG built in browser on my phone a lot better than Chrome or Firefox mobile. And while Chrome stock blows for desktop, so does Firefox. It requires skins and addons to even make me like it at all. But i do wish FF would move to 64Bit though if that will allow more than 2Gb memory usage, because after that it needs a restart.

But for customization,Firefox has everything i require. I don't care about anything else, it has to be set up the way i like it and work the way i want it to or i hate it. And is locked down pretty good. I have no issues with sites unless it's because of the site and if it's too much of a hassle the site can suck it.

Tabs on bottom, functions to the right. None of that upside down/backwards metro mac stuff.
Needs classic theme restorer, tab mix plus, some global stylisheets for youtube dark theme stuff like that, few addblockers , do not trackers, Skin is Night Launch.
Happens to match [H] perfectly too :droid:
Untitled.png

Back