The first game you have ever played

I was four years old
Super Mario 64
Nintendo 64
Played it at my neighbors home theater back in 1994....
280" screen...it was amazing

Xenophobe on the Atari 7800 at the age of 3. I kid you not, I still have some images in my head playing this game with my brother.

Magnavox%20Odyssey%201TL200%20Shooting%20Gallery_www.JPG

Booyeah.

Wow i'd like to see them make a game like that nowadays. :p

My first game was Dig for the pc. All i would do is fly the ship around. It was great! :)

i remember playing sega at my cousins. sonic was a great game lol.

It was either King's Quest 4 or the remake of King's Quest I that came out around the same time. I also remember watching my brother play Doom and the gold box RPG Games. I must have been three or four at the time.

Super Mario Bros or Blades of Steel both on NES. I'm 21 so I was probably about 7 or 8. Maybe younger. Blades of Steel was a hockey game that my cousin had and he played all the time so either game has an equal chance of being my first. I honestly can't recall which one it was.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for Game Gear. It was 1991, so I was 3 at the time.

I can't remember if it was Math Blaster or Frogger, back in the late 80's when I was like 5 or 6. I have no idea what brand the computer was or its system specs, but I do know that it had no HDD and it booted up from and ran off of the old 5.25" floppies.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for Game Gear. It was 1991, so I was 3 at the time.

That was very close to my first game. I played that thing to death...getting to the secret chrystal cave levels was tough as hell!

first "video game" - pong
first console - played my Uncle's telestar, later had an APF (wiki linked up thread).
first computer game - breakout on Atari 400

In case you asked, hunt the wumpus within a year of breakout (1980).

Wumpus

The first game I remember playing was Commander Keen, man that game was awesome... those crazy slugs...

Mine were the first cartridges for the Atari 400. Breakout, Pacman, DigDug, Asteroids, etc. Dunno which one I actually played first.

I'm 29, we got the 400 when I was very young, when it first came out. Finally upgraded to an Atari 800 a few years later. We used that thing all the dang time. My pops worked with somone who had what they called a "Happy Drive". He'd bring us home a floppy once a week with like 6-10 new games on it. We ended up having hundreds of games for that thing.

I best remember first bringing home the NES though. I was probably around 8 or 9 at that time....and our first game was Punchout!

To be honest I don't remember, but it was something on the Atari 5200. Then I remember getting the NES in the late '80s. Shortly there after I played Wolf3D on my friends computer and it was really all down hill from there. (those where the days)

First PC Game I bought was Half-Life, thats when the real fun started!

Mine were the first cartridges for the Atari 400. Breakout, Pacman, DigDug, Asteroids, etc. Dunno which one I actually played first.

I'm 29, we got the 400 when I was very young, when it first came out. Finally upgraded to an Atari 800 a few years later. We used that thing all the dang time. My pops worked with somone who had what they called a "Happy Drive". He'd bring us home a floppy once a week with like 6-10 new games on it. We ended up having hundreds of games for that thing.

I best remember first bringing home the NES though. I was probably around 8 or 9 at that time....and our first game was Punchout!

The first atari cartriges for the 400 were Super Breakout and Basketball, followed (sometime in the summer of 1980) by Star Raiders. Pacman, Digdug and Asteriods came noticably later. If you had an early Atari, you really need to refresh you memory on Star Raiders... Best Game Evar... It was the game that opened the decade and set the benchmark for which all other games would be measured, for a very long time. Hope you had it.

Wumpus

Wow, not sure.

Probably "Combat" for the Atari 2600 with all the different game modes. Most people's favorite probably one on one tanks with the ricochet shot.

First one I can remember anyway. Next system was a C64. Never had a Vic20.

Probablysomething like Pango or Jumpman on a PC Jr. Im 28 now.

The first game i played, for sure, was Mario Bros on the nes,
then we got a Pentium 2, i played alot of Chip Challenge at the age of ~5 or ~7
when we got our Pentium 4, first game i played was NFS3

Either Combat, Sea-Quest, Breakout, or some other 2600 game from my Dads collection in the early 80's.

Either Adventure or Haunted House for the Atari 2600. Cant remember which blob game with horrible sound:p I was maybe 5 and then a year latter I got my Tandy 1000ex. I played the good old text based RPGs like crazy, dont recall the names. The sad thing is I pimped the 2600 and Tandy 1000ex for almost a decade. I remember the day I got my SNES it was awesome!

Lets see the first console I played on was one that had Pong and a few other then followed the good old atari 2600.

The First PC game was Leisure Suit Larry on a good old 8088 processor running at a whopping 10 mhz with 640K of memory and 2 5.25 floppy drives. I later added a 10 meg hard drive that I found, can't remember what kind it was but it had its own card to go with it. Oh and it had a mga card in it which a friend had given me a cga card to replace it with, I also played D&D:pool of radiance on it too.

Probably Pac-Man on the Atari 2600. I loved that damned thing. Asteroids, Frogger, Riverraid, the list goes on and on.

First NES game would have to be Super Mario Brothers.

I had one of the original GameBoy too which I played the TMNT game with all the time.

First computer game would have been some Knight game on the Commodore 64/128 back in the early 80s. For modern PC gaming I'd say it was Doom or SimFarm<--I'm not kidding.

First game I played was pong in the 70s on a very early "console" that just played pong.

The "console" looked kinda like this:
Super_Pong.JPG

The first RPG I played was Ultima II in the very early 80s - that is where I got my name BTW :)

It was either Super Mario Brothers on a NES or Moon Patrol on an Apple IIe. Thanks to the old geezers for making me feel a little younger :D

My first game was Number Munchers on the IIGS. Man, I played the crap outta that game after school every day.

First game I can remember playing is good old arcade Space Invaders, at a Howard Johnson truckstop outside of Buffalo, back in 1980 or 81. I would have been four or five years old. My family was stranded in a whiteout and we spent a lot of time playing the Space Invaders machine that night.

The first home game I played was probably Breakout or Plaque Attack on Atari 2600 in 1981 or 82.

First game for me like others was Pong in the late 70's time frame. Ours had a switch on the console so you could play single player against a wall on the other side for a handball type deal. From there to the Coleco Vision in 82-ish then on to the Commodore 64.:)

Back