The first game you have ever played

RANG3R

Weaksauce
Hello,

what was the first game you have ever played and on which system ond how old was you there?

my first game was Super Mario Bors. on the NES in the Age of 8!

Can't remember... either Ski Free or Police Quest for PC

and Popeye (NES) for first console..

I must have been maybe 10ish? I'm 21.

The first game I played was Pong. I played it on a contraption my grandfather built specifically to play that game. This would have been around '77 so I would have been five. He built it a few years before I played it, but I wasn't able to get my grubby hands on it until then. ;)

The first PC game? Or the first game ever?

First game ever was Pong.

my first game ever was on atari 2600, and the sad thing is i dont remember the name.. you were a space ship and you shot stuff THATS ALL I REMEMBER lol

1980 Hangman on a Commodore 64/264 :D
Damm im getting old
Hangman_I.png

I can't remember which was first but they were both around the same time. Some D&D game for the Apple ][ and some paper airplane/flight simulator for the Apple ][.

1980 Hangman on a Commodore 64/264 :D
Damm im getting old
Hangman_I.png

My first video game was the "Computer Space" arcade game in the front entryway of the Target in Oklahoma City, around 1972.

I saw one again years later, maybe 1977 or so in a theater in Canada. I played it for old time's sake.

My father played one of the original versions of Computer Space at Bell Labs in the 1960s, on an oscilloscope. So maybe it runs in the genes!

I played the stand-alone Pong. It had two knobs on each end of a big plastic thing and you could detach one of the knobs. It hooked directly to the TV via RF. Quite... entertaining. lol

If that doesn't count then the next one was a space-invaders type game for the Commodor ViC20. I had to spend 4 hours coding the stupid game only to play it for 20 minutes, getting bored, shutting off the system and losing all my work. :eek:

Caterpillar on DOS

Or Contra for Nintendo? I can't remember too well. Don't know which came first.

I cant remember the first game I played...but the first game that I owned and played was Falcon 3.0 :)

First game that I remember is Pacman for the Atari. Don't remember when I saw it. But I remember a group of about 20 people or so in a tiny little living room watching, staring, at the TV and the game. I think I lasted about 20 seconds.

First Game I ever owned and played was Auto Racing on my Intellivision. I was 4.

Ended up when the market crashed in 1984 Intellivision games were down to $.99 My dad and I literally cleaned out the toystore :) Imagine how excited a 5 yr old was getting 30 new games in 1 day :p

Got my Deluxe Set NES on Christmas 1985. Still have it and its still in good conditon. Still one of the lowest Serial Numbers I have ever seen. 512937.

It all went on from there :)

my first game was Super Mario Bors. on the NES in the Age of 8!

I'm pretty sure this is true for me as well. I remember a christmas at the first house I grew up in where my two brothers and I got a NES. I don't remember exactly which year we got it, but we moved to the new house when I was seven, so I was even younger.

my first game ever was on atari 2600, and the sad thing is i dont remember the name.. you were a space ship and you shot stuff THATS ALL I REMEMBER lol

Defender? Asteroids?

My first was (drumroll, please) Pong. Yeah, big surprise there. I still have all of our old atari games, and some of them are still fun.

the first game i ever played woulda been patty cake or rock/paper/skissors w/the babysitter...
soon after that there was 52 card pickup and 21...
if u meant video game :-P
it would be a tie between stargate on the atari or 1942 on the nes at a friends house... it might have been duckhunt... first computer game i remember playing was a who dunnit mystery game on the schools mac or janitor joe on the XT...
those early years are a blur... i didn't game heavily til i got "brick game" the portable handheld ... i wasted many hours killing those brick lines...

The first game I remember is Space Invaders in the arcade. As for a console, it would be Combat on an Atari 2600. I was around 5-6 at the time.

First game: Pong
First System: No idea, there were a lot of freaking Pong systems

My first game was probably but not definitely sure, Galaga in an arcade, when I was about 4-5. Either that or Super Mario World on SNES (if I played Galaga later than I recall). I've been hooked ever since ;)

It was Christmas, 1982... I was only six years old. The company had just slashed prices on its hardware a few months prior so the family decided to buy its first computer, a Texas Instruments TI-99/4A. My folks had picked up a few games as well, and among them was one called Tunnels of Doom.

http://www.videogamehouse.net/tunnelsdoom.html

One hell of a way to get introduced to computer gaming, I've been playing them ever since.

first game ever play was tetris for the gameboy.

first system i own was nes and super mario bro.

what was the first game you have ever played and on which system ond how old was you there?

Lets see, it was probably Peek-a-boo, with my mom, when I was a baby.

OOOOOHhhhhh... you mean electronic game.

Pong was the first, followed by a game on TI-99, named "Hunt the Wumpus"

My first console I believe was a Colecovision, and I remember playing some stupid sports game on it, I think it might have been Winter Games.

PS. "ond how old was you there"" should read "and how old were you there?"

Kung-Fu (Something) on Commodore 64 dont remember how old I was though. Maybe around 6 or 7

some archer game on and old windows 3.1 machine (our first pc :D ). for a console it was goldeneye. hey.. im young, so my gaming history isnt very extensive.

Intellivision I believe (the system that had two little sticks built into the console).. and of course it was Pong. 4 or 5 or so...

First PC game was Bards Tale or was it Loadrunner...Apple IIe I think...ages ago it seems...

For all those that said Pong, your old. but then that would be me as well...:p

The console: Saga Master System - Sonic the Hedgehog
The first 'computer': Dungon- 'something-or-other' on the RadioShack - Tandy
and on the first computer I built, I think was a game called 'Uprising' by 3DO, Cyclone Studios

found the system requirments
Minimum:
Pentium 90 MHz, 16 MB RAM, Windows 95, 1 MB DirectX-compatible video card, Sound Blaster-compatible-sound card, 2x CD-ROM drive, and 50 MB hard-disk space

Recommended:
Pentium 133 MHz, 32 MB RAM, 2 MB DirectX-compatible video card, 4x CD-ROM drive, and 100 MB hard-disk space

i was 7, and it was on a green screen. it was a decathalon game and I was terrible at it.

The pong system you hooked up to the tv. I owned an Atari VCS (yeah whippersnappers, it had another name back in the day) , 5200, and C64. Played Colecovision, Intellivision, Odyssey, Apple II (Ultima, Lode Runner, Castle Wolfenstien) and one of the Bally systems at various freinds houses.

Didn't really mess with games again after I hit puberty until I was in my 30s and played the BF42 demo.

Back