The Expanse: A Telltale Series

Watched the trailers, first thing I noticed is the Glock-like pistol and shell casing which is not universe-accurate, lol. They all use caseless ammo, otherwise you'd have shell casings bouncing around inside the ship.

the TV series is an all-time great...only negative is that they didn't finish the entire book series so they never resolved the main protomolecule storyline...the TV series ended after Book 6 (there are 9 books total)

They may continue it in the future and I hope they do. I hated how it was cut off like that. I will probably play this game although I wish it was more than an interactive story game.

They may continue it in the future and I hope they do. I hated how it was cut off like that. I will probably play this game although I wish it was more than an interactive story game.

it was strange because even in the final season they still had those scenes on Laconia dealing with the protomolecule (adapted from the Strange Dogs novella) but there was no ending to that storyline...almost like they were setting up another season even though they knew it was the final one

Remember that there's like a 30 year gap in time between book 6 and 7 I believe, which makes it fine if there's a gap between the series and whatever comes next.

Lets keep spoilers to a minimum for those of us that didn't read the book. I already came across that spoiler so no big deal for me. Though my understanding is if they do resume the TV series it will differ more from the books going forward.

Too bad it's telltale, no offense intended but the story-style doesn't suit me. Haven't watched the trailer yet though so who knows.

I really like Drummer's character from the show (essentially Michio Pa in the books) so this might still be worthwhile.

The Expanse: A Telltale Series Dev Gameplay Commentary

Telltale and developer Deck Nine share an in-depth look at the game's weightless exploration in an extended gameplay video showcasing a journey into the remains of a destroyed ship...

The first episode of 'The Expanse: A Telltale Series' will arrive on July 27th

The first episode of The Expanse: A Telltale Series will be released on July 27th for PC (Epic Games Store)...the following four episodes will be released every two weeks...pre-orders will go live on June 1st for both the Standard and Deluxe Editions, priced at $39.99 and $44.99, respectively...the latter edition also includes yet-to-be-announced post-launch DLC, while all pre-orders on the Epic Games Store and PlayStation come with 24-hour exclusive early access...

https://www.engadget.com/the-first-...eries-will-arrive-on-july-27th-171001556.html

They should just release the episodes together. If you want to play the whole thing, seems like you'll have to wait until September.

The Expanse: A Telltale Series Story Trailer

Episode 1 launches July 27th 2023...

They should just release the episodes together. If you want to play the whole thing, seems like you'll have to wait until September.
The point of doing episodes is they can release them as they finish them.

Holy god… why did I think Telltale had gone out of business?

Also, The Expanse? Is this a good show? After watching Game of Thrones for the first time last year, I’ve been struggling to find a good series.

Also, The Expanse? Is this a good show? After watching Game of Thrones for the first time last year, I’ve been struggling to find a good series.
It's more than good. It's excellent, and it's a h*** of a lot better than game of thrones in my opinion

Really good science fiction TV show. Though I will admit, the last two seasons were not that good. Then the series got cancelled so the last season was very short. They may pick it up in the future, but for now it has ended. Disappointed with that personally.

both are top tier TV...me personally I like GoT better overall because it has more interesting characters...both suffer from disappointing endings for different reasons...GoT was at its best when they had the books to rely on...once they passed the books the writing suffered...The Expanse TV series ended with Book 6 (there are 9 books total) so we never got an answer to the central mystery- the protomolecule

It's really a shame that The Expanse didn't garner more attention. It is up there as one of the best sci-fi series ever, up there with the old star trek and battlestar imo.

Agreed. I will play this one because I enjoyed the show.

But Telltale laying off people, I recall a few years back they basically went out of business with mass layouts before being bought out? Seems like a repeat is about to happen.

Back