The Evolution Of Unreal Tournament's Outpost 23

I'm surprised I didn't know you can get Pre-Alpha playable builds of the game already... since the middle of last year to be exact...

loads of fun this game is.... i don't care if the graphics are a little rough around the edges, the gameplay is pretty solid and face paced.

Well the Pre Alpha game looks really bad, But it is Pre Alpha.

I hope you realize that the maps other than Outpost 23 in the pre-alpha are just simple builds to test map flow before building something that uses 3.5GB of VRAM at 1440p like Outpost 23 does.

Thanks for telling me that pre alpha is playable, just signed up for an epic account to install and play ut.

I was a huge fan of Unreal Tournament, and Unreal Tournamet 2004. There are very few games that I have put as many hours into as I did those two. I'm definitely looking forward to this one. Hopefully the developers take Unreal Tournament III as a lesson learned and turn out something great.

I miss arena shooters....or maybe I just miss the simplicity of that ere of gaming? In any case, my reaction time these days would make for some pretty god awful UT results. Still very much looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Hopefully the developers take Unreal Tournament III as a lesson learned and turn out something great.

That game was a disaster at launch. I picked up the black edition during a steam sale last summer and with the titan map pack it is leaps and bounds better. But by that point however, the damage had been done. Hoping this launch goes much better.

The Unreal Series (both multiplayer and singleplayer) and the HalfLife Series (both multiplayer and singleplayer), are the two that I have invested the most hours of any game I have ever played.

I agree with infin@. I miss arena shooters. Games like Battlefield are fun, but I really miss the ability to jump into a game and know that everyone has come to the server with the same chance at playing. What I mean is there are no experience points and equipment to level up. Everyone has the same opportunity to have or fight for equipment. The game is more based on skill rather than who has the most time to level up and gain extras.

I am very anxious to play this.

I want something like Unreal Tournament 2k4. The fun I had was something I kept chasing and made me enjoy FPS games just like my original favorite Call of Duty 1 with all its WWII greatness following Medal Of Honor's success.

I want an old school game to play with those who never got a chance to play the ones that started it all. Yes I'm wrong because I did not play the 'originals' which were before my time. I'm excited.

Back