The Epic Games Store's Latest Freebie Is Super Meat Boy

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
“Tough as nails” 2D-platformer Super Meat Boy, which stars an animated cube of meat who's trying to save his girlfriend, is free on the Epic Games Store until January 10. According to indie developers Team Meat, this is the first time the game has ever been offered for free. It may be an attempt to drum up interest for the sequel, Super Meat Boy Forever, which will be released next year as a time-limited Epic Games Store exclusive.

Our meaty hero will leap from walls, over seas of buzz saws, through crumbling caves and pools of old needles. Sacrificing his own well being to save his damsel in distress. Super Meat Boy brings the old school difficulty of classic NES titles like Mega Man 2, Ghost and Goblins and Super Mario Bros. 2 (The Japanese one) and stream lines them down to the essential no BS straight forward twitch reflex platforming.

I was just installing Hades from the Epic launcher and saw this. Thanks!

“Tough as nails” 2D-platformer Super Meat Boy, which stars an animated cube of meat who's trying to save his girlfriend, is free on the Epic Games Store until January 10. According to indie developers Team Meat, this is the first time the game has ever been offered for free. It may be an attempt to drum up interest for the sequel, Super Meat Boy Forever, which will be released next year as a time-limited Epic Games Store exclusive.

Our meaty hero will leap from walls, over seas of buzz saws, through crumbling caves and pools of old needles. Sacrificing his own well being to save his damsel in distress. Super Meat Boy brings the old school difficulty of classic NES titles like Mega Man 2, Ghost and Goblins and Super Mario Bros. 2 (The Japanese one) and stream lines them down to the essential no BS straight forward twitch reflex platforming.

I appreciate the heads up.

...must be a dry, dry day for news, though.

Awesome!!!
Thanks for posting, you rock. I just snagged it.

That's two quality games so far for the Epic store - really glad to see someone finally taking it to Steam.

Also, Hades at $20 CAD is a great game and total value.

Both Subnautica and Super Meat Boy are good games. Epic's approach to giving out a free game every 2 weeks to build people's libraries on their platform seems to be a good idea. Interested to see how long these free games will keep coming and what they have lined up.

They have lots of money to burn in order to attract people to their platform....so we win...

Has anybody installed this? I got it, and it's listed under purchase history, but it is nowhere to be found in the launcher.

Has anybody installed this? I got it, and it's listed under purchase history, but it is nowhere to be found in the launcher.

Should be in the library.

Capture.JPG

Should be in the library.

View attachment 131642
Something is wrong here. Is there more than one installer? Is there another mode that I don't know how to get to? The one you show is what I used to have, but now I have this:
epic scrshot.jpg

EDIT: I just uninstalled it and downloaded and installed again and everything is normal. Odd...

EDIT 2: It turns out that the version with the library button on the left is a beta version, which I opted out of initially.

Last edited:
i always hated these kinds of games. I don't need the frustration

Super Meat Boy? I would say cool if it wasnt for the fact they out that game in every other Humble Bundle way back when

Back