The Entire Witcher Series on Steam for 29.95 - ends June 1.

Zion Halcyon

2[H]4U
Buy The Witcher Trilogy Pack
Includes 3 items:The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition, The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut, The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt

SPECIAL PROMOTION! Offer ends June 1

I was one who always heard about the Witcher series but never bought it (didn't have time at the time - was playing other games), and then didn't buy 2 or 3 because I felt behind in the story.

But this was WAY too good to pass up.

Great steam deal, and updating Witcher 1 now. Kind of neat that I am going to get to play through the entire series back to back to back.

Giving others the heads up that if they ever wanted to set foot into this series, now is the perfect time!

God damn it... I promised myself that I'd try to work through my backlog before buying anything else :( Screw you man.. Thanks for the heads up on this deal lol, look forward to the day I finally play this. :)

Bah I am never buying again from steam unless its 50% off. I spent 39.99? on witcher 3, 6 months ago. I have yet to even load it up yet. I am only 5 hrs into Witcher 2...

*never mind I checked my steam account Nov 2015 $29.99 so not that big of a drop

witcher 3 is easily worth full price. it is one of the best games ever with the most complex story lines and detailed world. you cannot get ripped off at any price buying it.

Meh I only need 3 and I'm sure Humble Bundle will have it in a monthly at some point. The Problem is real and the backlog is SERIOUSLY REAL!!! The free time I do have I play MWO to somewhat justify dumping over 1K into the IP. Notice I said the IP and not PGI! I stopped buying games through Steam about a year or two ago. The only thing I buy through them now is dlc. Thanks to Bundlestars, Humble, Indigala, and cdkeys. PFFT Steam doesn't need my money. So that account value is inflated with steam prices not bundle stores pricing.
si2yw13.jpg

I've never seen that info before, where do you find that? I'm almost scared to see my price per hour.

Witcher 3 is an awesome game. If you like RPG's, buy it.

Damn bought the series since I've been wanting this game even though I don't have time to play!

Damn good series, all three are some of the best RPG's ever created. If you think that you might like this game, buy it! You won't be disappointed.

Thanks OP.

Well it doesn't include the witcher 3 2 DLCs. So the price is good but it isn't that much better than what is commonly seen. I think this is more or less advertisment for the new DLC available at end of may.

Well it doesn't include the witcher 3 2 DLCs. So the price is good but it isn't that much better than what is commonly seen. I think this is more or less advertisment for the new DLC available at end of may.

For those of us who haven't even started Witcher it's a really good price. I had heard about it, but frankly avoided Witcher 3 because I had not played one or two.

Now when I am knee-deep in the First Act of part one and am enjoying the hell out of it.

The whole Witcher series is part of my backlog, but anyone who is picking up this deal (via Steam or GOG. The people behind GOG are actually the developers of The Witcher series!), there are are a ton of mods for the Witcher series that can improve the games - especially 1 and 2 - significantly. Furthermore, much like Mass Effect, you can import a save from each Witcher game into the next one , so keep that in mind to unlock the most of the story!

For mods, www.nexusmods.com is the place to go. Anyone playing "The Witcher" for the first time, make sure you have the Enhanced Edition Director's Cut, and then add the "Rise of the White Wolf" mod! It adds updated graphics, UI updates, fixes bugs and fleshes out unfinished storylines etc... Rise of the White Wolf Enhanced Edition - Powrot Bialego Wilka Edycja Rozszerzona at The Witcher Nexus - mods and community . There are plenty of other mods, but that one I think is a "must have" for even first time players (things like the Full Combat Rebalance are not etc). For TW2 Enhanced Edition there isn't a huge mod like that, but there are some nice graphical upgrades and whatnot (and a Full Combat Rebalance 2, but again not something all players may want at first). Feel free to look around the most popular mods for all 3 and see what you like. Enjoy, its a great series!

I thought W1's combat was pretty bad. The animation was quite good but the actual combat was almost QTE. Still, worth just for the story alone.

currently enjoying witcher, just entered chapter 2

Ha, same here. There's a thrill with playing this game from 1-3, and knowing by the time I get to part 3, I will have the expansions. :)

Really feels like a saga this way.

Ha, same here. There's a thrill with playing this game from 1-3, and knowing by the time I get to part 3, I will have the expansions. :)

Really feels like a saga this way.

Looking forward to the later games. Witcher has been surprisingly good so far.

Looking forward to the later games. Witcher has been surprisingly good so far.

Agreed. My first playthrough too, and while the combat is a bit clunky, the story is really good so far. I personally am loving every bit of it, and have long been looking for something to scratch that story-telling itch for a while now.

Oh, one more mod besides "Rise of the White Wolf" for anyone playing The Witcher 1: EE Director's Cut - Look for the "Scabbard Mod". There were scabbards for just about every weapon in the game set in the game files, but at the last minute they were removed due to occasional clipping. The Scabbard Mod brings them back. Sadly, one of its download locations no longer seems to be working, on NexusMods, but I'd check out the ModDB version instead. It works with Rise of the White Wolf as well. Enjoy!

You can save $5 and just get Witcher 3 for $25 if you know you won't actually get around to playing the first 2.
The game is really, really good, has a few things I don't love but so much better than most of the crap out there.

Intro zone for Witcher 3 has more content than a lot of new AAA games. Generally, the content is a lot better too. Top-notch game.

I picked up the bundle in November and have been slowly playing through the first game. I'm going to go through and pickup this mod. The game is tons of fun, but I'm in the third act and it has been a bit buggy so far; weird hair fluttering, combat hits / not hits, some little graphic glitches. Thanks for the heads up.

The whole Witcher series is part of my backlog, but anyone who is picking up this deal (via Steam or GOG. The people behind GOG are actually the developers of The Witcher series!), there are are a ton of mods for the Witcher series that can improve the games - especially 1 and 2 - significantly. Furthermore, much like Mass Effect, you can import a save from each Witcher game into the next one , so keep that in mind to unlock the most of the story!

For mods, www.nexusmods.com is the place to go. Anyone playing "The Witcher" for the first time, make sure you have the Enhanced Edition Director's Cut, and then add the "Rise of the White Wolf" mod! It adds updated graphics, UI updates, fixes bugs and fleshes out unfinished storylines etc... Rise of the White Wolf Enhanced Edition - Powrot Bialego Wilka Edycja Rozszerzona at The Witcher Nexus - mods and community . There are plenty of other mods, but that one I think is a "must have" for even first time players (things like the Full Combat Rebalance are not etc). For TW2 Enhanced Edition there isn't a huge mod like that, but there are some nice graphical upgrades and whatnot (and a Full Combat Rebalance 2, but again not something all players may want at first). Feel free to look around the most popular mods for all 3 and see what you like. Enjoy, its a great series!

Installed the WWEE mod and I am glad that I did. Looks a lot better and some of the annoying menu issues are gone.

Picked this up. Installed Witcher 1. Started playing. Story is okay (nothing amazing, but good enough to keep my attention on an almost decade-old game). That being said...

Holy cow, the combat is bad. Click the bad guy to attack. Wait two seconds, then click again. Repeat until bad guy is dead.

Meh I only need 3 and I'm sure Humble Bundle will have it in a monthly at some point. The Problem is real and the backlog is SERIOUSLY REAL!!! The free time I do have I play MWO to somewhat justify dumping over 1K into the IP. Notice I said the IP and not PGI! I stopped buying games through Steam about a year or two ago. The only thing I buy through them now is dlc. Thanks to Bundlestars, Humble, Indigala, and cdkeys. PFFT Steam doesn't need my money. So that account value is inflated with steam prices not bundle stores pricing.

I need to put the game sale crack pipe down. :(

oYHdFsZ.jpg

Mines only worth like 1400 bucks but..... there are some games I don't even know about listed... so wtf....

What I'd love is a fix for the combat system. I tried playing it again and I can't get past how irritating the controls are when compared against 2 and 3.

TW1 has, as I've said before, the worst combat system I've ever seen.

I've tried to get in to it countless times, but several hours in I just can't any more. Every time.

TW3 was one of my favorite games ever and I really want to know the backstory, but the previous games are too... clunky.

I've tried to get in to it countless times, but several hours in I just can't any more. Every time.

TW3 was one of my favorite games ever and I really want to know the backstory, but the previous games are too... clunky.
Youtube it... that's what I did... I made it to chapter 3 before I just went... no more.

Exactly. I can't even get past Kaer Morhen before I go "My supply of fucks to give has been depleted" and walk away for a few weeks.

I can't play TW3 because of some retarded bug that makes random NPCs unkillable.

You'd think bugs like this would've been ironed out by now.

Dammit. Missed it. My son wanted to grab this today, and I told him to let me see if I can find a sale... Just missed it.

I talked him into waiting. He's building a new PC (and I'm extremely jealous!) and I'm parting it out for him. He's going to wait until he gets it done before buying it.

What are the chances it goes on sale again in the next 4-5 weeks (waiting on the NVIDIA 1070 GPU).

What I'd love is a fix for the combat system. I tried playing it again and I can't get past how irritating the controls are when compared against 2 and 3.

You may want to check out the "Full Combat Rebalance" mod for TW1:EE (Compatible with Rise of the White Wolf) .Alas, the NexusMods link for it is no longer available, but you can pick it up on ModDB if I recall. Otherwise, check over the GOG and/or Steam forum for the latest version. This mod isn't going to totally change the entire mechanic of battle so it will still seem clunky compared to more traditional Witcher 3 or Skyrim style combat, but it does change a ton of the rules and even the rate and effectiveness of combat. Most feel it actually makes the game harder, but more "logical" for those used to CRPGs. I haven't used it myself so I can't say personally, but it may be worth a shot if you want to invigorate TW1's combat.

TW2 has "Full Combat Rebalance 2" and this one is still available on the Nexus. It aims to add a similar upgrade in difficulty and lore-centric elements to combat but for the second game of the series.

Give them a try but be wary that it may be a lot more difficult, but perhaps for some, more fun.

Sorry, but unless it completely changes the way combat is handled -- gets rid of the "click cadence" bullshit, as I call it -- nothing will make me go back to TW1. Changing how many hits things take and various rules isn't near enough. That said, thanks for making the effort and hopefully it will be of interest to someone.

Sorry, but unless it completely changes the way combat is handled -- gets rid of the "click cadence" bullshit, as I call it -- nothing will make me go back to TW1. Changing how many hits things take and various rules isn't near enough. That said, thanks for making the effort and hopefully it will be of interest to someone.
THIS. That was my issue. The constant screen manipulation and clicking on exact moving people made it stupid hard to control, also lack of controller support.

While it felt weird at first, the clicking never bothered me, since I was used to Knights of the Old Republic.

This basically use the same engine but a more advanced version, so I was at home once I figured out how it worked. The only real difference is I did find it odd that when I went to attack someone I had to keep clicking for a combo. Although that did bring me back to the Revenant style of gameplay. For those unaware, Revenant was a late 90s isometric RPG.

I hated the combat in W1 at first but halfway through the second chapter after unlocking some more moves it just clicked and I started liking it, in subsequent playthroughs it has still been a little tedious until I've unlocked a few more moves but the whole first chapter really drags a bit anyway. I'm sure I'm in the minority but I actually prefer the combat in W1 over W2, in the second game it seemed like the only effective melee combat was to roll in and hit the enemy, and then roll away before they could hit you, then rinse and repeat which isn't something I care for.

Isn't that a lot to pay for The Witcher 3?

Its a joke about how The Witcher 1 and The Witcher 2 were not good games.

Back