The Empire Strikes Back Gets Modernized Trailer

Terry Olaes

I Used to be the [H] News Guy
While everyone falls for the fake Episode I trailers from 1998 being reused as fake Episode 7 trailers, we can watch this great fan-made Empire Strikes Back trailer that has been modernized with ominous voiceovers, copious quick cuts, and spoilers galore (though not THE spoiler).

Shared by Mark Hamill himself on his official Facebook page, a fan named Cameron Arrigioni created this new cut for Empire Strikes Back, presenting it the way trailers are produced today. Hamill called the trailer "fantastic" while sharing it, and it's hard to disagree with a Jedi (especially with the chill-inducing final line of the trailer).

Last edited:
Gotta be honest, I went into this with low expectations. This is one of the first "Fan made" bits I can think of that was actually good. Almost everything else I've seen fan made has been utterly abysmal.

Not bad, but even modern trailers don't give away THAT much of the movie.

Thank God, Abrams is forced to use John Williams for the score, you know it won't be shit ,it will have a proper theme also unlike the usual bowel movements so popular nowdays.

meanmodda[H];1041234506 said:
Thank God, Abrams is forced to use John Williams for the score, you know it won't be shit ,it will have a proper theme also unlike the usual bowel movements so popular nowdays.
Star Wars without a John Williams score is like a Tim Burton movie without a Danny Elfman score.

Stopped watching after the disgusting font effects showed up.

Pretty average at best. Good score, but thats it. Didnt seem to flow at all for a trailer.

I liked it. Really focused on Luke. They would need others for the other characters, but this one was obviously focused on him. Thought it was pretty bad ass. Makes me want to watch ESB again. Doesn't take much to convince me, though!

Touche... Jesus Christ that's horrible! :D I'm so glad I didn't watch that first.
Honestly the trailer is pretty good, much better than the movie. Problem is it serves up basically the whole movie to make itself look good.

I've seen all the movies, granted it was a long time ago.

Yoda says "no, there is another" after Obi Wan says Skywalker is the last hope

Who is he referring to?

Leia I presume...but maybe Starkiller

or maybe someone we will see in the coming movies.

I've seen all the movies, granted it was a long time ago.

Yoda says "no, there is another" after Obi Wan says Skywalker is the last hope

Who is he referring to?

It was always thought to be Leia, but if the prequel trilogy is cannon Obi Wan already knows about her. He was there when they were born and divided up. I've always assumed that was just terrible writing and not intended to be some sort of unresolved mystery.

The fan trailer is okay. It shows way too much and it should've been cut down to two minutes. I like the music selection, but a TESB trailer without Imperial March?

Leia I presume...but maybe Starkiller

or maybe someone we will see in the coming movies.

Realistically, it's Leia. Starkiller wasn't even thought of until 20+ years later. BUT it's creative license to fill in any blanks as you go, so who knows.

I thought that ESB trailer was really well done.

Also, that Terminator : Salvation trailer was better than the actual movie. What a barrel of monkey crap that turned out to be.

Good, but was away to revealing on some key plot points and twists.

I didn't care for the dissolves. trailers should be cuts with very very limted dissolves.

Back