The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition (free if you own the Legendary Edition)

GOD'SlittleSERVANT

[H]ardness Supreme
After 7 something years I finally started the DLCs today lol. It's so weird to experience brand new Skyrim content after all this time.
I'm about to jump into the Dragonborn DLC for the first time.

I've spent the last 2 days modding the crap SE. I've only had a few hiccups, but vortex cleared that up real quick.

TaintedSquirrel

[H]ardForum Junkie
I'm about to jump into the Dragonborn DLC for the first time.

I've spent the last 2 days modding the crap SE. I've only had a few hiccups, but vortex cleared that up real quick.
Make sure you create a bashed batch with Wryebash, takes like 2 minutes but solves a ton of issues.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6837

There's also the extra automated leveled list addition script but I couldn't figure it out.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/25395

TaintedSquirrel

[H]ardForum Junkie
Another mod plug. I was digging around through available followers, mostly from InterestingNPC (which are good) and others like Inigo.
Nothing really fit what I was looking for.

And then I found Lucien. He's basically a noob scholar who grows like your own character does; based on your abilities and the role you assign him, he gradually gains skills over time. Plus there's a huge log of spells you can teach him via books, including Apocalypse support. You can toggle spells on or off right from his dialog tree. The VA work is really great, and he constantly makes comments about locations and quests you're on. Blows the vanilla followers out of the water, obviously.

All things considered he's probably the best follower in Bethesda history. I just wish the creator would make different followers (different flavors of Lucien) -- maybe even just a female version.

Unfortunately he's incredibly weak when you first get him, so starting a new playthrough and grabbing him right at the start is the best way to do it. Although I should mention, even at his starting level of 10, he's better in combat than my previous follower (Serana) just because he's customizable and actually WEARS the gear you give him.

He doesn't count as a Follower (so you can have him + 1 other actual follower) and he doesn't work with follower mods like EFF or AFT. I tried running him with EFF anyway and I was getting a bunch of crashes.

https://josephrussellauthor.com/Lucien_Training.html

Armenius

I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital
Holy crap, someone actually figured out a fix for the haywire physics over 60fps.

I've played for a little bit with my framerate capped at 143fps running 144Hz ghetto G-Sync and everything seems fine so far.
This actually came out a few years ago, but glad you found it (y)

TaintedSquirrel

[H]ardForum Junkie
HavokFix also has a load fps uncapper to reduce load times.
the mod is specifically incompatible with rtss so i cant use it, unfortunately...