The Elder Scrolls Online

Is Alcast still a go-to resource for builds? Realized all my abilities, CPs, etc have all been reset. No wonder it looked so daunting coming back. :)

Also I read something talking about research is now important on all characters because there’s a way to change traits on gear. Is that true? I only bothered working on 1 character to have crafting professions. But I’m guessing it’s still only 2-3 really viable trait choices, right? So shouldn’t take too long to research those on each character.

Anyone know how big the complete install is? Last time I played around 2016-2017 it was ~90 GB.
There's also a Blackwood Upgrade available for $11 but doesn't include anything else. And for $22 you get the Collector's Edition of all chapters.

Depending on your history with ESO, there are two basic versions of Blackwood that you first need to consider:

• The Collection—Includes the base game and ALL previous Chapters (Morrowind, Summerset, Elsweyr, and Greymoor) in addition to Blackwood
  • The Upgrade—Includes the Blackwood Chapter exclusively

This seems like a good opportunity to finally grab all the chapters. The Collection code worked on my existing acc.

Attachments

• ESO_Blackwood.png
    ESO_Blackwood.png
    104.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
High Isle Is the Next Chapter of The Elder Scrolls Online

The MMORPG, which has also recently surpassed the big 20 million players milestone between all platforms, will head to the Systres Archipelago this year, a previously unexplored region in any Elder Scrolls titles to date...a couple of fan-favorite characters will return from earlier High Rock and Elsweyr storylines, too: the scoundrel Breton Jakarn and the Khajit Za'ji, captain of The Perfect Pounce and member of the reformed Dragonguard order...

Just picked this up picked up all the DLC too for like 19.00 never tried the game before. The fact they are still updating it is pretty Amazing I skipped at launch due to the paid sub and the disgruntled Dev. Like a 103 gig Download took me all Day.

https://youtube.com/@FudgeMuppet

This guy goes way out of his way covering lore.

Just picked this up picked up all the DLC too for like 19.00 never tried the game before. The fact they are still updating it is pretty Amazing I skipped at launch due to the paid sub and the disgruntled Dev. Like a 103 gig Download took me all Day.

https://youtube.com/@FudgeMuppet

This guy goes way out of his way covering lore.
Nice - the game has more content than you'll know what to do with lol.

Just a few tips from me -

Level up your crafting as fast and as prioritized as you can so that you can enjoy making your own stuff down the road. This will save you money in the long run, and it also helps to expedite learning the items in this game...

All sets have a dedicated location to craft at... Look up crafted sets online.

Also buy a horse and level up stam and speed as fast as you can(one point increase per 20 hours, caps at 60 each). Do not increase bag slots on the horse yet. There are inventory bag vendors for that... Get your horses stam and speed going first. Once you hit 30(unless in pvp, you won't notice)nstam, you can start knocking that out.

Join five good guilds and balance out what they focus on - one for PvE, one for PvP, one for casual, etc... Forget the vendor guilds at an early stage.

Check out the guilds and their abilities to unlock- Mages, Fighters, Undaunted etc...https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Guild+Skills

Find good foods to eat when keep them up.

Remember to focus your attributes (health, stam or magic) toward the build you want to go for. Hybrid builds are a waste at low levels, and are pretty hard to get right. Since lowbies get a huge boost, doesn't make sense to do so.
Example -
If you want to make a magic templar - don't put x into stamina, y into health and z in magic as you level up... Level up magic only and then unlock abilities that use magic to deal damage/heal.... Same for any other class you're wanting to use.

Do your dailies - look up locations on these.
Do your crafting dailies too - look up locations of these

Happy to send you some goodies to get you started.

Last edited:
Got to the Main Area Hub where you can pick your destination I forget where I entered but it has a beach and sunked ships pretty drab looking but I'll stick with it. I'm sure some areas of the game look better than others.

Got to the Main Area Hub where you can pick your destination I forget where I entered but it has a beach and sunked ships pretty drab looking but I'll stick with it. I'm sure some areas of the game look better than others.
It varies a lot. It has some drab areas, some lush, some fantasiful, and so on. They did a pretty good job with making the landscape varied so that it isn't just all reskins of the same thing, though they do reuse assets plenty as you'd expect.

The roadmap for 2023 was revealed with the "Shadow over Morrowind" event. It adds the Telvanni portion of the region that was cut from TES3 and a new class called Arcanist. The Necrom expansion launches on June 5.

I don't understand the dungeon dive deal.

As I understand it - 4 players get matched up as TANK (me) who chops up bad guys, while an ARCHER shoots arrows at bad guys & some MEDIC (magician? healer?) shoots healing those two guys & IDK what fourth guy is supposed to be doing.

I'd love to get a reply so people stop griping at me for not standing still while I kill everyone because they can't heal me when I am moving too much so I die & then they all die...

IDK exactly what the complaints are because they usually just rage & quit. Advice?

Last edited:
I don't understand the dungeon dive deal.

As I understand it - 4 players get matched up as TANK (me) who chops up bad guys, while an ARCHER shoots arrows at bad guys & some MEDIC (magician? healer?) shoots healing those two guys & IDK what forth guy is supposed to be doing.

I'd love to get a reply so people stop griping at me for not standing still while I kill everyone because they can't heal me when I am moving too much so I die & then they all die...

IDK exactly what the complaints are because they usually just rage & quit. Advise?

Usually a tank isn't a damage dealer. A tank can take a lot of damage, and that's what your role should be in a group, not chopping up bad guys but keeping the mobs focused on you so that your damage dealing group members (mages, archers etc) can deal high damage and your healer can keep you alive. Your job is to keep the mobs attention focused on you as much as possible while holding the line. Your priority is keeping your healer alive. If your healer/support player is been attacked you have to agro the mobs and get them to attack you instead. Running all the over place makes it very hard for your healer to keep you in range and it also means that you are too far away if your healer gets in trouble.

It's up to you decide if you want to be a Tank or a DPS or a Healer, that's the three main roles. Judging by your post where you think a tank should be chopping up bad guys, you think a Tank is a damage dealer. If you want to be a damage dealer, you should forget about been a tank. Even though in the Elder Scrolls the roles aren't as clear cut as they are in other MMO's, there is still a need for a proper tank in any group.

Healers get aggro when they heal. The mobs get angry at the healer for healing the tank and other members of the group. As the tank, you must make sure your healer is always well protected. This is true for just about any MMO which features a tank, healer DPS, role. reaper12 explained the rest quite well.

LOL, my roommate is watching football in the living room...

You guys just told me - on one team - there are 2 guys on offense (archer / magic = DPS), 1 guy on defense (tank) & 1 cheerleader (healer)!

Last edited:
reaper12 cageymaru - THANKS VERY MUCH!

It's impossible to get that kind of reply in game - peeps just curse & bail.

https://www.33rdsquare.com/what-does-dps-player-mean/
I agree, I don't get when players are under the assumption that everybody playing the game are at the same level of knowledge. I tried getting into Warframe a good while back and I was getting yelled at by people IN THE TUTORIAL MISSION at the very beginning of the game for not going quick enough. The community made me quit that game before even getting truly started.

Armenius - I hear ya'! It's a mixed bag for me in ESO.

I've spent more time doing solo story stuff & building my character than anything & had some super cool people chat w/ me in the public store place (been awhile since I played). One guy even gifted me a specific color horse after I complimented his armor & horse color combo!

I read stuff about how to level my guy faster by doing daily dungeons, so I jumped in & had fun w/ cool peeps who chatted before we went in. One guy said, go slow, kill everything coming at you but don't chase baddies so I can stay behind and heal everyone - THEN we loot! I didn't get any chance to ask questions. Days later, I started running into rage clowns, and yeah, some of that is on me for not knowing the diff between offense, defense & cheerleader.

Armenius - I hear ya'! It's a mixed bag for me in ESO.

I've spent more time doing solo story stuff & building my character than anything & had some super cool people chat w/ me in the public store place (been awhile since I played). One guy even gifted me a specific color horse after I complimented his armor & horse color combo!

I read stuff about how to level my guy faster by doing daily dungeons, so I jumped in & had fun w/ cool peeps who chatted before we went in. One guy said, go slow, kill everything coming at you but don't chase baddies so I can stay behind and heal everyone - THEN we loot! I didn't get any chance to ask questions. Days later, I started running into rage clowns, and yeah, some of that is on me for not knowing the diff between offense, defense & cheerleader.
What about guilds? Should be plenty of active guilds to join and will be willing to help out or take on stuff together.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Road- Cinematic Announcement Trailer

Explore the West Weald and the city of Skingrad, first encountered in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, play with the nature of magic itself and create custom skills with the new Scribing system, and investigate the return of Ithelia, a brand-new Daedric Prince never seen before in the Elder Scrolls series

Gold Road arrives June 18th...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wf7O7tyBAY

Pvp update in Q4 too... Scribing looks like it'll be fun. I might try eso again for funsies later this year.

They confirmed no difficulty options for the open world unfortunately, which has been braindead easy for many years at this point though.

yeah maybe this is the MMO I am looking for heh.. I like the theme for the update being based in Oblivion areas. I loved Oblivion.

Back