The egg's got Venice!! Cheap!

That is really odd. I orderd mine yesterday for that price...then a few min later it shot up to 280+..now it is back down....WeIrD

Why is the FSB 1ghz? Is that right? Is that bad that it is only 1ghz?

I thought that the newer AMD processors has 1.6ghz FSB. But most say "integrated in to chip". What does that mean?

Is this better than Winchester 3500+? Also... what's the dang warranty on this thing?! Is there none? That's probably why it is cheap!

Yea it's basicly the improved version of the winchester. Only 9$ more, not too shabby for something everyone here's been goin crazy about forever it seems.

will it work with Nforce 3 and/or K8T800 Chipsets? like a K8N neo2, or a AV8?

EDIT: alright, thats what I though

wtf, i ordered mine when it was 280 something, i cancelled my overnight shipping for 2 day because it went up just above what I had for it...now its back down. Thats lame. I guess I can't bitch, since most people here won't even be gettin Venices. Disregard this post for it makes me look bad lol. <3

ptpeter said:
When is the 3200 version coming out?? WHEN DAMNIT!!!

Screw that, I want the 4000+, maybe I'll be able to finally use 4 sticks of PC3200 at 2-2-2-5.

agreed. this is the 4th. haha, guys, can you try to keep the discussion to this thread, as it is the cleanest, and not post in the other ones

edited because elias has a good point ;)

This thread hasn't degenerated into mindless gahbage, so I'll continue the conversation here.

Wasn't the whole point in introducing the E revision the inclusion of SSE3 instructions and a decrease in voltage to 1.4V? Note that SSE3 isn't mentioned in the Newegg ad and its rated at 1.5V. The model # appears to be correct for a Venice though.

Something strange is up with the ad. Someone who ordered one please post with the answers for those of us interested in this deal.

I will post the info tomorrow when mine gets here. I called them thouhh and they said it was for sure a Venice.

bored-sarcasm said:
sick of these threads already... :rolleyes:

Then dont read it... :rolleyes:

But does anyone know why the FSB is 1ghz on the venice, but pretty much all the other AMD 64's are "integrated into chip"?

Which one is better? And I thought that AMD had 1.6ghz FSB not 1ghz?

Is this better? HELP!

It doesn't matter, the FSB is 200mhz, then the HTT multiplier is supposed to be 5x. Mine runs at 4x and I see absolutely NO problems with anything, and it's set for me to OC.

MeanieMan said:
Screw that, I want the 4000+, maybe I'll be able to finally use 4 sticks of PC3200 at 2-2-2-5.

I thought that all of the Venice and San Deigo processors let you use all 4 dimms at max speed.

3-Phase said:
I thought that all of the Venice and San Deigo processors let you use all 4 dimms at max speed.

I hope so. But if I'm going to throw down enough for 2 gbs of 2-2-2-5 pc3200, I might as well get a processor to match.

yeah, 200mhz at 2T is now the minimum spec with four double sided sticks, but i think there will be a number of cores that can do it with 1T

My 3200 winni is treating me pretty well at 2.5. I think I'll sit this upgrade out and await the dual core... ;)

BillR said:
My 3200 winni is treating me pretty well at 2.5. I think I'll sit this upgrade out and await the dual core... ;)

Dual core Shmule core, I'm getting a 4000+ San Diego :p ;)

burningrave101 said:
Why would you get a 4000+ San Diego instead of a 3700+ San Diego? Is 200Mhz worth that extra $200+?
i definitly don't think so ;)
though, is the 3700+ worth the price over the 3200+? :D

Well, I would be getting it for the multiplyer. But if it's too expensive I'll just get the 3700+ SD.

burningrave101 said:
Why would you get a 4000+ San Diego instead of a 3700+ San Diego? Is 200Mhz worth that extra $200+?

Possible reasons:
1) Speed binning
2) Not everyone intends to overclock
3) Multiplier and Memory type- TCCD vs UTT/BH5

Oh yeah, and the 4000+ was shipping a week before the 3700+ :D

Filter said:
monarch's got the prices on all the other chips.

Yeah, the prices arent too bad either. Just under $150 for a 3000+ Venice with free shipping. Just under $200 for the 3200 (OEM for both). Nice.

I wonder if it is worth it to go with the 3200+ with my w/c system...

CH-5/BH-5 (sometimes referred to as UTT) doesn't do really high mhz (~240-260mhz, sometimes more), but can do it with 2-2-2 or lower timings
TCCD does high mhz (270-320mhz), but with relaxed timings.

if you have a higher multi, you can use a lower HTT speed and get a good cpu overclock.. though this argument is kinda pointless considering that dropping the ram divider doesn't hurt performance, aside from the fact that the ram is slower ;)

(cf)Eclipse said:
CH-5/BH-5 (sometimes referred to as UTT) doesn't do really high mhz (~240-260mhz, sometimes more), but can do it with 2-2-2 or lower timings
TCCD does high mhz (270-320mhz), but with relaxed timings.

if you have a higher multi, you can use a lower HTT speed and get a good cpu overclock.. though this argument is kinda pointless considering that dropping the ram divider doesn't hurt performance, aside from the fact that the ram is slower ;)

Ahh I see. Well I think it was discovered that the A64 benefit more from CPU speed overclocking than increasing the HTT. Unlike the socket A's which benefitted more from the increasement of their FSB. Am I right?

always cpu speed over ram mhz, but the ram has much less of an impact on performance with K8 than K7 and any netburst based intel cpu ;)
(so yes, you're right)

Back