The egg - DDR4: TridentZ RGB 16Gb (2x8Gb) Cl15 DDR3000 $134 (15 hours left)

N4CR

Supreme [H]ardness
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Desktop Memory Model F4-3000C15D-16GTZR
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820232475
Picked up 5 of these, quite a good deal.
Same chip as the CL16/3200 which sold out for $2 less (was such a steal) and had a limit of 3x

Also 3600 ripjaws at CL19 for $119

Some okay pricing on Sniper X and similar too, not so many other good deals on the egg at the moment for the usual stuff though.

These are Hynix or Samsung D/e Die? Can you run Ryzen ram calc and confirm? the odd timings usually indicate its Hynix...I want to double up and go to 32GB, but even though I ahve my hynix based sticks working well ow, I think I want to stay with Samsung B/D die for Ryzen 2's upgrade.

These are Hynix or Samsung D/e Die? Can you run Ryzen ram calc and confirm? the odd timings usually indicate its Hynix...I want to double up and go to 32GB, but even though I ahve my hynix based sticks working well ow, I think I want to stay with Samsung B/D die for Ryzen 2's upgrade.

Absolutely NOT B-die.
May be Hynix.

The B die chips are the ones with the same timings on the first 3 timings, e.g. Cas 14-14-14.
The 3200 mhz CL14 chips with 14-14-14 are guaranteed B-die.
there was a "small" sale on those two days ago, so I bit. B-dies rarely go on sale

Yeah people said these are Hynix.
If you want the best these are not it, but if you want reasonable DDR4 with RGB at a very attractive price, this is it.

I've got the 3200 version of this kit. They do have hynix memory. They run at 3000 CL16 with my ryzen 1600x.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Absolutely NOT B-die.
May be Hynix.

The B die chips are the ones with the same timings on the first 3 timings, e.g. Cas 14-14-14.
there was a "small" sale on those two days ago, so I bit. B-dies rarely go on sale
paid full price for mine! STILL was worth it.....i will say the rgb is purty to look at

like this
Absolutely NOT B-die.
May be Hynix.

Thanks for the reply, but I an confused as to why you quoted me. I am fully aware these are not B die, hence the reason I asked if they where hynix or D/E die Samsung ICs.

I have had decent luck with hynix but I wanted to find some faster sticks since Ryzen 2 should be good for at least 3600.

It may end yo beijg that the cache tweaks and front end work AMD did means that ram speed isn't super important for Ryzen 2, but we will not know until reviews come out for sure. I am confident that 3200 c14/3400c16 would not be a bottleneck though.

like this
Thanks for the reply, but I an confused as to why you quoted me. I am fully aware these are not B die, hence the reason I asked if they where hynix or D/E die Samsung ICs.

I have had decent luck with hynix but I wanted to find some faster sticks since Ryzen 2 should be good for at least 3600.

It may end yo beijg that the cache tweaks and front end work AMD did means that ram speed isn't super important for Ryzen 2, but we will not know until reviews come out for sure. I am confident that 3200 c14/3400c16 would not be a bottleneck though.

Must have misread your post. reading forums with bad vision on a 17" laptop screen isn't exactly the best thing.

Must have misread your post. reading forums with bad vision on a 17" laptop screen isn't exactly the best thing.

No worries, I was just confused! I am blessed to have 10/20 vision, so I am part Eagle according to my eye doctor! I hope it never goes away!

Back