The dumbest case ever is now on sale. Someone needs to get fired.

To be fair, he does include a disclaimer in his signature:

JoeUser said:
***snip***
*Above post may contain rants, trolling, super trolling, or super rants. Readers discretion is advised.
***snip***

:p

mine is in the mail

Pros: This case screams practicality. No other case is as useful and handy when it comes to portability. I'm in the process of bartering with a local metalworker to craft me extra track so I'll be able to ride this around my basement while I type words I made up into spreadsheets.

Cons: There are no cons, my computer is a train now, what else could a fella ask for?

Other Thoughts: Why no curved pieces? Needs more cars.

pure brilliance

@GuyClinch what you meant to say is:
PC enthusiast are like sheep and fashion. Just the other day my girlfriend wanted an Audi A5 just because it looks nice on the outside and it will match her handbag, when I could get her an Impreza for 20k less, has better performance, light weight, and still 4 doors!

Yeah she wouldn't be caught dead in a Subaru. That wholesome hippie tree hugger vibe utilitarian vibe they cultivate so hard really bugs women. Probably most hot women..haha.

Gotta build a PC with this so I can finally get on track to play my Steam-powered games. I bet it can handle the Source engine games well, even if Half-Life 2 is an on-rails shooter. At another crossing, I can also try the new platformers out there. Switching it over to pull the freight of some turntable music can really prove it's not a one-tracked endeavor. With enough locomotion, I bet this idea can really be engineered. Add some Windows 8 and it'll be as easy as taking the metro! Well, that may derail it, so I'll leave that idea at the station.

Thread should have ended here. lol

Whatever you do, if you happen to bring a babe home, Do Not let her see that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta build a PC with this so I can finally get on track to play my Steam-powered games. I bet it can handle the Source engine games well, even if Half-Life 2 is an on-rails shooter. At another crossing, I can also try the new platformers out there. Switching it over to pull the freight of some turntable music can really prove it's not a one-tracked endeavor. With enough locomotion, I bet this idea can really be engineered. Add some Windows 8 and it'll be as easy as taking the metro! Well, that may derail it, so I'll leave that idea at the station.

That is quite possibly the wittiest and most genius post I have read in a long time.

Anyway, this case is an example of creative genius! And a good business decision. Appeal to train enthusiasts who will pay top $ for a case like this.

i just smacked my head against my desk, does anyone else feel this way

i just smacked my head against my desk, does anyone else feel this way

If you love trains its good, but at the price even if I loved them... NO way I would pay that much!

Who cares about the case? This be the best thread in a while. From an OP inexplicably blind with rage over a case on sale at Newegg to the wittiest post ever to the review that states "Cons? There are no cons. My computer is a train now". This thread is gold.

This is a cool case. Portability isn't what this about. These types of cases are meant for the person thats doing a theme based build.

i see what you did there.

22350765.jpg

Be nice if you could add more cars/tracks and create a cluster. Could be the worlds first super computer train.

Had to reboot my train...

I like what they did here. Don't like trains but if they continue making unique cases like this I may pick one up.

My kid is a huge Thomas the train fan....fanatical. This would blow his mind.

My kid is a huge Thomas the train fan....fanatical. This would blow his mind.

With a little work like paint and plaster, it could look almost just like Thomas the train

Honestly it looks better than 90% of those ultra bright led cases with 20 fans and pieces of plastic that seem to come out of nowhere.

So would the price tag! :)

My kid has the thomas the train diecast trains and the motorized trackmaster trains.
He has 16 track master, and they run about $18 each + around $300 in tracks and sets.
He has ~40 die cast trains that run $10-16 each and easily 10 track sets that run $40-80.
Not to mention the thomas shoes, hats, special order jackets and clothing from the UK. bedsheets, watches, toothbrushes, plates, cups, pillows, bedding and furniture, etc.

The money I spent on trains is in the thousands....

I got to give props to Lian-Li for having the courage to target a niche market within a niche market. I doubt they will sell very many of these, but it is still impressive that they tried.

Have you guys not looked at the plus side of this? They are testing the waters with something as mundane as a train. Maybe next they will build a Mad Cat MkII case, or a Star Destroyer case, or an Optimus Prime case that transforms. The sky is the limit.

Open Case Architecture certainly makes such projects possible. Imagine a Megatron case that actually transforms :O

I guess you could say the designer of this needs some training, am I right? :D :D

what? wait....

a train that turns into a PC case, I don't even Lian Li....

$370.....THE HORROR

Back