The Duke Voice Acting for Valve’s DotA

John_Keck

Limp Gawd
I’m a pretty big fan of League of Legends, so when I heard this I got excited. Valve hired the creator of the Defense of the Ancients mod last year, and now the voice behind Duke Nukem has tweeted he was in Seattle visiting Valve to do some “recording for DotA.” Hope we hear some more on this soon!

There have been a few DotA-style games released already, including the popular League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth, but if Valve's collaboration with Icefrog is actually called Defense of the Ancients, it could be even closer to the classic game than any of the full-scale competitors.

Considering that DotA currently is bulit off of an outdated platform I hope Valve can put together something fresh and with a lot better character control, I didn't check to see which creator, did they get icefrog or did they get guinsoo?

Considering that DotA currently is bulit off of an outdated platform I hope Valve can put together something fresh and with a lot better character control, I didn't check to see which creator, did they get icefrog or did they get guinsoo?

Icefrog. Guinsoo is behind League of Legends at Riot games.

Srsly? League of Legends is utter crap! Heroes of Newerth is so much better. Like the good ol' DotA but with updated graphics and all the functions you missed in the original.

We`ll see what Icefrog is going to release with Valve, I just hope it wont be another LoL.

Srsly? League of Legends is utter crap! Heroes of Newerth is so much better. Like the good ol' DotA but with updated graphics and all the functions you missed in the original.

We`ll see what Icefrog is going to release with Valve, I just hope it wont be another LoL.

I actually preferred League of Legends in a few ways with it's better shop systems, spells that actually took some skill and team cordination to execute effectively, but the micro-payments and a problematic launcher corrupting updates where a put off. Heroes of Newerth to me just felt like a visually rehashed version of Defense of the Ancients with almost all of the exact same problems that plagued it and made the competitive scene cringe.

I hope whatever Icefrog comes out with is something better, and not just another rehash of DOTA.

please not an updated dota. I can't stand it, dota dota dota! play a different AoS for smurf's sake.

Icefrog. Guinsoo is behind League of Legends at Riot games.

Thats cool, I liked Icefrog's direction with his characters more then Guinsoo. Although Guinsoo ultimately brought us the item technical abilities, Icefrog took us away from pure attacking heroes only.

I want to give these kinds of games a chance, I really do, but I play games to have fun and playing these games always felt stressful. I felt like if I screwed up once I was going to get bitched out by a bunch of 12 year olds.

And you know it's not even really 12 year olds. I've listened to buddies of mine play on Ventrilo and normally they are a nice bunch. They start playing HoN and they turn into raging assholes fighting with each other and arguing.

These types of games turn otherwise levelheaded gamers into rageaholics.

there are leagues you can get into that will pretty much prevent this from happening. I know what you mean, playing in a public game in DotA is like playing in the cesspool.

I'm here to record voices and chew bubble gum and I'm all outta gum...

halolz-dot-com-dukenukem-never.jpg

I want to give these kinds of games a chance, I really do, but I play games to have fun and playing these games always felt stressful. I felt like if I screwed up once I was going to get bitched out by a bunch of 12 year olds.

And you know it's not even really 12 year olds. I've listened to buddies of mine play on Ventrilo and normally they are a nice bunch. They start playing HoN and they turn into raging assholes fighting with each other and arguing.

Yeah I know what you mean. These types of games can be really frustrating since you rely on teammates and coordination. I play with the same group and it's really hard not to bitch at my friend when he's just doing the same stupid shit over and over that causes us to eventually lose. But in the end, I enjoy it. I don't play games to relax, and I like the challenge and strategy that goes into every round of LoL.

Okay...there's Duke Nukem...and then there's The Duke.

The Duke is John Wayne. Even in the video game world.

Damn kids(said the 27 year old).

It has been far too long since my last DotA fix. I don't even care if the graphics aren't that good. I want this to come out now!!

Thats the main difference between HoN and LoL to me. I never played LoL but played the HoN beta and was instantly put off at what has to be the worst community of asshats of all time. I can't think of any other game with such a bad community. A friend of mine bugged me to play LoL with him until I finally gave in and I was pleasantly surprised. My initial resistance was because I assumed "same game same people" but the community seems alot better. Still a fair share of jerks but its more one per game or one every other game than every player in ever game.

I wish Demigod would have gotten more attention from both it's developers and the gaming community. I think off the bat I liked that more than any of these DoTA games.

Back