The Duke Nukem Release Date Debacle

I hope it comes out before Duke is on social security. My fear is he will look like the latest Steven Segal movie fat slow and edited fight scenes that show only blocks and punches.

That actually would make for a funny game. Not where you had to change parts per say, but where the first level was about Atari quality, the next NES, the next SNES/Genisis,... all the way up to current graphics. Don't think it would be funny for Duke Nukem, but for some other game that had a story line where related to being stuck in old games (or the past) and having to may your way back to the current day. With each level advancing you through time a few years.

:eek: Be careful EA may hear you..... :D

yeah i was kinda anticipating this sequel like 10 frikkin years ago... its '08 who gives a toss about the duke now? I ain't gonna buy it, they can jam it up their date..:D

There was a 3D platformer (DN : Manhattan Project) around 2003. That was actually rpetty nice.

I heard their release date is going to coincide with the Red Dwarf Movie.

maybe the release should coincide with an actual product that can be played :rolleyes:

The better come out with the game soon as it might already be 2019 before we'll see a patch :D

Manhattan Project was actually funny too.

I don't do Windows! I HATE Pigs!

Or when he dies and respawns... "I could do this all day!"

The following things have been accomplished since Duke Nukem Forever was announced on April 28th, 1997.

The two Mars rovers, Spirit and Opportunity were proposed, authorized, announced, designed, launched and successfully landed upon Mars where they have been exploring the surface for over 2.5 years.

The International Space Station was assembled and has been orbiting Earth for over 8 years.

Things that have taken less time than Duke Nukem Forever's Development:

* The Beatles formed, released every single one of their albums and broke up. During this time they also toured the world several times.
* Led Zeppelin released 7 albums, 9 singles, and toured around the world, crossing international borders 27 times (not counting mainland Europe.)
* The Wright brothers designed and flew the first airplane.
* The theory of General Relativity.
* The United States' entire program to put a man on the moon, from Kennedy's challenge to the landing.
* The complete construction of many monumental buildings and engineering projects. To name a few-
o The Empire State Building (Jan 1930 - May 1931)
o The Channel Tunnel (Dec 1987 - May 1994)
o The Golden Gate Bridge (Jan 1933 - May 1937)
o The World Trade Center (Aug 1966 - April 1973)
World War II and the entire Manhattan Project. Yes, even the complete development of the atomic bomb took less time.

Back