The Division - officially announced for PC!

Global Event is active right now and ends on the 26th.

Classy gears sets are Firecrest, Reclaimer, Predator's Mark, and Lone Star. Does anybody want to help me with Stolen Signal? Also, need help doing the legendary missions for the Fang shield.

I'm not a fan of pick up groups. Uplay name is Agent_BauerCTU,

I completed Fang with randoms and retired until TD2. Wish I had started earlier.

This is why I both love and hate MarcoStyle, lol. His videos are exceptional educational, and he's argueably one of the best players in the game, but he so loves to rub it in our faces.

I have a spare The Division key + Survival if anyone wants it, or has a friend they'd like to gift it too (GONE)

I figured I'd share it here 1st before posting it somewhere else.

Last edited:
I'm "Frraksurred" ingame also, and still play on occasion, so I'll look you guys up if we're on at the same time. I've got rougly 1100hrs in.

LOL how could this be the last GE? Would not speak well as to the future of TD2 if they dropped support for TD at this point, especially considering that PvP is going to be very different in TD2 (and a lot of PvP purists like marco hate TD2 PvP with short TTK)

LOL how could this be the last GE? Would not speak well as to the future of TD2 if they dropped support for TD at this point, especially considering that PvP is going to be very different in TD2 (and a lot of PvP purists like marco hate TD2 PvP with short TTK)

Yeah, he's not too fond is he? Lol.

I doubt support for D1 will end during D2's first year, and I'm equally as certain PvP in D2 will go through many iterations before it settles in one fairly reliable groove. Marco will still cover it, because that is what Marco does. And he will likely be one of the reasons PvP, and build strength related to PvP, in D2 changes from launch.

Back from the dead as the growing interest in the upcoming Div2 expansion will undoubtedly give rise to more people checking out the first game.

From the Div2 thread
Sure, I'd like to take a look at your runs.

I'd normally just PM this but in case anyone else is having trouble with Survival in Div1 here are a pair of basic runs. The whole point, aside from extracting in the first place, is to secure a score of 15000 to get the additional caches. The best way to do that is to engage as many enemies as possible throughout the run. In the LZ the AR, LMG and bolt-action rifles are my go-to but I never craft anything but a high end G36 (with mods) and M44 rifle in the DZ. With the global event going on right now SMGs feel much more powerful than normal so I may do an SMG only run in the next few days. I focus only on extracting with the Survival Caches that drop from named elites in the DZ as the other types never feel quite worth it.

And unfortunately in both matches we kept running into the wake of another player which is the most frustrating part of survival. I wish they spaced the players out more because even when it's literally me and one other player we constantly end up in the same place. That's about all I can be negative about with this mode, lol.

Here are the results of my best run which was just a couple weeks ago. Did all but one stronghold in the DZ as I was getting pressed for time
HKkbYpu.png

I just don't get anyone who liked Division 1 PVP.

I get the argument that there was more skill. But holy merciful fuck was it some of the most awkward shit ever and watching it unfold was just ridiculous.

Just wiggling back and forth like a manic, momentary pauses where you and your opponent trade mag dumps into each other, back to wiggles. Fights were clunky clusterfucks more often than not.

edit: oh shit this post was older than I thought

I still play occasionally. PvE not PvP. Never tried the second game yet. Heard too many negative things about it.

EDIT: Whoops this is Division 1. I am talking about D2 and didn't see the other thread.

Picked this up for $3 because why not. The rpgness of it is a still a turn off for me, but I will probably get my money's worth if I play a mission every few nights or so. I have zero interest in PVP though due to the RPG over FPS mechanics. The loot so far is kind of boring, but I am always disappointed in loot in RPG games. Somehow no one ever has much if anything on them when you kill them even though they were just firing shots and grenades at you. Of course you would also be swimming in loot if you could truly loot every dead guy.

I do wish some of these gun RPGs would actually break down firearms into their various components so you could find those upgrades instead of just a slightly better version of the rifle in your hand. I also wish donating weapons had more of an effect, but maybe I am too early. I just wish you actually started to see more armed civilians working the surrounding areas as you donated gear.

My PC is apparently minimum specs which goes to show how long it has been since I updated. Last build was BF4 launch.

Last edited:
This is for the first game. Global Events still happening monthly.

Global Event Onslaught is happening now until the 30th of March. Not the best one, but I'm always up for a G.E.

Gearsets: Reclaimer:Firecrest, Lonestar,and Predators.

Back