The Division - officially announced for PC!

pve area is devoid of anything except cheesey forever events. It only exists to farm and start resistence things

That sucks. I was hoping for 1 or 2 new bosses to deal with. Have the drop tables expanded for the LZ bosses at all?

The Division, it's Season Pass and it's DLCs are 60-70% off on steam/uplay right now. I picked up the Gold edition which includes everything for 27 bucks.

1qsqbf.jpg

That sucks. I was hoping for 1 or 2 new bosses to deal with. Have the drop tables expanded for the LZ bosses at all?

the only other thing it adds is 38 new cell phone recordings, some of which are quite nice. So there is that. there is a bit more storyish stuff in those.

what is kind of dumb is when you first get to camp clinton, the person you talk to makes it seem like there should be some end objective, which is to figure out why the groups banded together and stop them...but there is no way to actually accomplish that task.

How big was the redownload? Contemplating doing the same.
Dang, wish I looked - I started it up and got dinner. I want to say something like 48-ish GB?
the only other thing it adds is 38 new cell phone recordings, some of which are quite nice. So there is that. there is a bit more storyish stuff in those.

what is kind of dumb is when you first get to camp clinton, the person you talk to makes it seem like there should be some end objective, which is to figure out why the groups banded together and stop them...but there is no way to actually accomplish that task.
Yeah no actual plot, even though it was hinted at.

The whole new area was one I had previously explored way way back after the game first came out using one of those "out of map" glitches.

I always thought it was weird how they had a lot of areas not in the game despite them being, honestly, WAY too fleshed out and detailed to NOT be a part of the main map. Granted a lot has changed from when I first saw it but this was definitely a fine example of a way too detailed part.

There were others all over the place outside the map. Makes you wonder.

I also wish they added more story. One of my biggest disappointments with the game was the lack of natural exploration and the need for it and some sort of reward for doing so. Sure cellphone and voice recordings bring the story out some but not much. No interactive NPC's or anything. I guess I had a sort of "Skyrim in New York Clancy style" in my head. What we got was not that.

My buddy and I completed Times Square on legendary last night with tactical strike GE modifier. It was epic. We got so much gear too. Tons of classified gear and I got a ninja bike bag with amazing stats. Plus enough for 2 GE superior caches!

I like what they've done here and I even appreciate that I'm finding left over messages from Keener to finally put more an epilogue/bridge to the future groundwork down but I still find myself wondering what I'm actually playing for?

Let me ask a dumb question: How can you tell what's "classified gear" with this new setup?

the strike GE sounds fun (similar to the first GE with headshots). I'll have to try it out this weekend.

Definitely, the go to spot to farm is of course Lexington Challenging, it doesn't take long to MM and get a group going.

The reason why is because there's a commendation after you killed 150 NAMED Riker bosses you get a jungle mask. You can only get the masks during the GE so people been farming Lexington because its the easiest and Barreet's Chest.

HVTs,Underground, LZ and DZ bosses count too. Also missions that have Riker named bosses but aren't on the Strike list(that Relay mission) also count.

The go to exotic gun is the Big Alejandro LMG, and also the House.

Definitely, the go to spot to farm is of course Lexington Challenging, it doesn't take long to MM and get a group going.

The reason why is because there's a commendation after you killed 150 NAMED Riker bosses you get a jungle mask. You can only get the masks during the GE so people been farming Lexington because its the easiest and Barreet's Chest.

HVTs,Underground, LZ and DZ bosses count too. Also missions that have Riker named bosses but aren't on the Strike list(that Relay mission) also count.

The go to exotic gun is the Big Alejandro LMG, and also the House.

if/when i come back to this game i don't think i'll run Lexington at all. i've had enough Lexington for a lifetime. i can run through that thing with my eyes closed, wearing ear plugs, one hand tied behind my back, drinking a glass of whiskey.

if/when i come back to this game i don't think i'll run Lexington at all. i've had enough Lexington for a lifetime. i can run through that thing with my eyes closed, wearing ear plugs, one hand tied behind my back, drinking a glass of whiskey.

I'm burned out on it to be sure but it does yield quick results if you're doing these Global Event Tactical Strikes.

Tomorrow I'm doing something else no matter what.

Anyone know the best way to get the House and Big Alejandro? Been trying everything and I’ve gotten the other two exoctics but not those.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Dumb question:

I just finished Lincoln Tunnel Tactical Strike.

According to the Global Event Officer back in the Terminal area, it still lists Lincoln Tunnel as "incomplete" for me. What am I missing here?

Does anyone understand how the optimization station works? Yesterday I optimized my Ninjabag to 283GS and today it's back down to 277. I can't understand what is going on and why my optimization isn't sticking. I thought it was a permanent upgrade in stats? I spend my DivTech on it and it took the upgrade when I applied it.

like this
My overall average gear score has been sitting at 277 for an eternity. How are people getting this raised and how high have some of you actually gotten?

Classified and the optimization station. My optimations have stayed, I think. lol.

like this
I somehow still enjoy the game.
Does anyone understand how the optimization station works? Yesterday I optimized my Ninjabag to 283GS and today it's back down to 277. I can't understand what is going on and why my optimization isn't sticking. I thought it was a permanent upgrade in stats? I spend my DivTech on it and it took the upgrade when I applied it.

It is permanent, I'd double check and make sure your not upgrading the wrong one. I checked my guys and all of them just barely push the required stats for the classified gear setups (example pred 9k, defense 6 / 9k, striker 6k, etc). if the stats didn't stick, I'd be screwed.

I'm kind of not sure what I'm playing for at this point.

I'm down for helping friends power level & getting/upgrading better gear than what I have now (275 tech/tactician build). It's going to be slow progress though since I mostly only do LZ bosses, Underground, & replay missions on hard.

like this
I'm down for helping friends power level & getting/upgrading better gear than what I have now (275 tech/tactician build). It's going to be slow progress though since I mostly only do LZ bosses, Underground, & replay missions on hard.

You should be able to do legendary level Times Square, Napalm and Warren Gate with just a bit of practice with that build. Sticky and Seekers with all Ele, EAD and DTE everywhere with 204 guns with Determined, Predatory and Destructive. Roll Ele/Skill Haste/Skill Power mods and seeker/sticky damage or purple DTE mods. Really the only tough part is learning where to set up and where/when to move as you clear each stage. I do Times Square while watching football games usually just for the exotic cache and div tech.

It's boring, but it's progress and I'm not having to pay much attention to it.

like this
You should be able to do legendary level Times Square, Napalm and Warren Gate with just a bit of practice with that build. Sticky and Seekers with all Ele, EAD and DTE everywhere with 204 guns with Determined, Predatory and Destructive. Roll Ele/Skill Haste/Skill Power mods and seeker/sticky damage or purple DTE mods. Really the only tough part is learning where to set up and where/when to move as you clear each stage. I do Times Square while watching football games usually just for the exotic cache and div tech.

It's boring, but it's progress and I'm not having to pay much attention to it.

I've had a horrible time with rerolling the weapons, so I'm not sure how to be successful with it. My build is seeker/normal turret with focus with mods for explosion damage, so I really haven't used Sticky in a long time. I do quite well against elites as of late, so I could see myself doing challenging on solo but I wouldn't have thought about doing legendary any time soon.

like this
They just had a 204 lvoac blue print too. I've been using 416's forever on those build. It's really not that bad, I only equip my ferocious/destructive/Determined AR when I want to be sure to one shot a healer. My boom characters are even pretty half assed and I don't have any trouble but the weapons do need the right talents for sure to make it not a headache.

Right now I have all exotics for marksman rifle (277), assault rifle (277) & pistol (260~270+). I can't remember the names at the moment, but I'm fairly satisfied with them. Issue has been the rerolling which RNG doesn't help me very well.

You don't want to use those on a sticky/seeker build anyway. You won't be able to unlock the right talents since you'll roll everything on your armor and mods into electronics. You'll want to get 204 Assault Rifle blue prints and make those until you get one that will set up with determined, destructive and ferocious and another one with determined, destructive and predatory.

Once you have those, use the ferocious one to one shot sticky healers etc then use the predatory to keep your health topped off. Use BFB and Cluster mods on the skills, the area bleed, increased explosion damage and spreading explosion for talents. Fourth talent can be whatever you like. I tend to default the the low health/med kit damage decrease. Mods I like are seeker damage, skill haste and electronics. I tend to use an inventive backpack for the bonus skill power but you could ninjabike tact/nomad or tact/final measure. These days I try to use the whatever I have classified and always trying to use a classified holster for the extra stats. I also plan around using a rehab or ferro's mask for napalm while not losing my three piece tact. Just ran both Times and Napalm on two toons with my buddies this evening like this without breaking a sweat and with them basically making it more difficult. =p

You don't want to use those on a sticky/seeker build anyway. You won't be able to unlock the right talents since you'll roll everything on your armor and mods into electronics. You'll want to get 204 Assault Rifle blue prints and make those until you get one that will set up with determined, destructive and ferocious and another one with determined, destructive and predatory.

Once you have those, use the ferocious one to one shot sticky healers etc then use the predatory to keep your health topped off. Use BFB and Cluster mods on the skills, the area bleed, increased explosion damage and spreading explosion for talents. Fourth talent can be whatever you like. I tend to default the the low health/med kit damage decrease. Mods I like are seeker damage, skill haste and electronics. I tend to use an inventive backpack for the bonus skill power but you could ninjabike tact/nomad or tact/final measure. These days I try to use the whatever I have classified and always trying to use a classified holster for the extra stats. I also plan around using a rehab or ferro's mask for napalm while not losing my three piece tact. Just ran both Times and Napalm on two toons with my buddies this evening like this without breaking a sweat and with them basically making it more difficult. =p

I'll have to look into that, though I enjoy my build mostly. Thanks for the insight.

Do you happen to have a link with detailed gear and stats or possibly a screenshot of your gear? I'm running a 4 piece shield built but I'd like to try something new.

Do you happen to have a link with detailed gear and stats or possibly a screenshot of your gear? I'm running a 4 piece shield built but I'd like to try something new.

Sure thing.

I have three of these. I basically built them from spare parts I wasn't going to use for anything interesting just so I have multiple characters that could knock out legendaries for extra exotic caches (and now div tech) while I was wasting time watching a game or movie at my desk. None of the builds I'll link are main builds, they are designed only to use trash gear I wasn't using as a third or fourth load-out on that character to farm. I hate pick ups and generally only play with a couple real life buddies and sometimes one of their teenage kids when the kids aren't too in trouble to so they have game privs.

I'll say this about these types of builds that goes for all of them. All Electronics. Weapons need to have 204 level Determined and Destructive. They need to be AR(for the extra EAD) and one needs to have predatory and one needs to have Ferocious. You could do stuff like the backpack talent that heals for a bit of your skill damage instead of inventive but I personally preferred predatory. Haven't tried Nimble holster since the nimble nerf since I don't really want to give up the free stats from the classy holster. I always run sticky/seeker with BFB/Cluster respectively and the following Talents: Shrapnel, Demo Expert, Death by Proxy and Chain Reaction. You can play with these but I'd be sure to have Shrapnel and Chain Reaction for sure.

I use skill Ele/Skill Haste to cap and then Ele/Skill Power high end mods or Superior (purple) Ele/Damage to Elites mods if my skill haste and Skill Power feel high enough to one shot healers in legendaries. One of these uses all seeker damage perf mods. Others use a mix of whatever else I had laying around. Sticky damage, seeker explosion radius; that type of thing.

First one was this:
Iq5LhSa.jpg

1. This is three piece tact for skill haste/Skill power.
2. All Ele rolls.
3. I filled in the extra pieces with Classified Holster (higher overall stats than anything else I had due to holster having three stats) plus the extra EDR is nice when I screw up and am not paying enough attention.
4. The backpack is Inventive because I'm almost constantly full health from predatory and not having a huge toughness to begin with.
5. Guns are mentioned above. They and the holster would be the only things I bothered to optimize.
6. Gear rolls have ALL the EAD and DTE that you can muster. Any other option should be skill haste and skill power. I wouldn't waste div tech on anything else unless it was perfect and only needed a roll or two.
7. I almost never pull the trigger on this build so don't bother with ammo capacity.

Another option:
3hZPlnI.jpg

1. Four piece Tact by way of Ninja Bike.
2. Barrett's because I got one with the right rolls (again, these are leftover loot so I used what I had rotting in stash).
3. D3 Holster (again for the extra stats) and two piece via NinjaBike give +15% Protection from Elites.
4. This one I build stacks with and it's caps out around 480ish Skill Power with full Tact stacks.

Then this one:
bcqAadd.jpg

1. Three piece Tact.
2. Barrett's because I had another skill build version.
3. Inventive because extra skill power and had another.
4. Final Measure because I got 10 sets worth during that GE.

Everything else is the same.
Key items:
1. 204 weapons with the right talents. Check the blueprints every week if you don't have an AR. They need to be AR's to be really effective. Remember, you're gun damage is insignificant in these builds.
2. The right mods.
3. Get the Blueprints for the Ele Mask and Backpack. Roll yourself inventive packs and Rehab masks (rehab for Napalm), trivializes it.
4. Learning the AI behavior and spawn spots/timing in each legendary as well as where to set up which just takes practice.
5. If you're short on gear, running the weekly HVTs and collecting buckets of Tact is great.
Carry people and blow their minds if they don't know about these builds already.

There's a lot of possible variations. I'm lazy, bored and multitasking when I use these load-outs. YMMV but with a little effort, these can solo all three current legendaries without too much trouble. Hope that helps someone. Happy Hunting agents!

Do people still kick others because of your gear score?

I've never seen it personally, but it would not surprise me if this happened. Is your gear score really low or something? I rarely solo legendary missions, just so boring.

Sure thing.

I have three of these. I basically built them from spare parts I wasn't going to use for anything interesting just so I have multiple characters that could knock out legendaries for extra exotic caches (and now div tech) while I was wasting time watching a game or movie at my desk. None of the builds I'll link are main builds, they are designed only to use trash gear I wasn't using as a third or fourth load-out on that character to farm. I hate pick ups and generally only play with a couple real life buddies and sometimes one of their teenage kids when the kids aren't too in trouble to so they have game privs.

I'll say this about these types of builds that goes for all of them. All Electronics. Weapons need to have 204 level Determined and Destructive. They need to be AR(for the extra EAD) and one needs to have predatory and one needs to have Ferocious. You could do stuff like the backpack talent that heals for a bit of your skill damage instead of inventive but I personally preferred predatory. Haven't tried Nimble holster since the nimble nerf since I don't really want to give up the free stats from the classy holster. I always run sticky/seeker with BFB/Cluster respectively and the following Talents: Shrapnel, Demo Expert, Death by Proxy and Chain Reaction. You can play with these but I'd be sure to have Shrapnel and Chain Reaction for sure.

I use skill Ele/Skill Haste to cap and then Ele/Skill Power high end mods or Superior (purple) Ele/Damage to Elites mods if my skill haste and Skill Power feel high enough to one shot healers in legendaries. One of these uses all seeker damage perf mods. Others use a mix of whatever else I had laying around. Sticky damage, seeker explosion radius; that type of thing.

First one was this:

1. This is three piece tact for skill haste/Skill power.
2. All Ele rolls.
3. I filled in the extra pieces with Classified Holster (higher overall stats than anything else I had due to holster having three stats) plus the extra EDR is nice when I screw up and am not paying enough attention.
4. The backpack is Inventive because I'm almost constantly full health from predatory and not having a huge toughness to begin with.
5. Guns are mentioned above. They and the holster would be the only things I bothered to optimize.
6. Gear rolls have ALL the EAD and DTE that you can muster. Any other option should be skill haste and skill power. I wouldn't waste div tech on anything else unless it was perfect and only needed a roll or two.
7. I almost never pull the trigger on this build so don't bother with ammo capacity.

Another option:

1. Four piece Tact by way of Ninja Bike.
2. Barrett's because I got one with the right rolls (again, these are leftover loot so I used what I had rotting in stash).
3. D3 Holster (again for the extra stats) and two piece via NinjaBike give +15% Protection from Elites.
4. This one I build stacks with and it's caps out around 480ish Skill Power with full Tact stacks.

Then this one:

1. Three piece Tact.
2. Barrett's because I had another skill build version.
3. Inventive because extra skill power and had another.
4. Final Measure because I got 10 sets worth during that GE.

Everything else is the same.
Key items:
1. 204 weapons with the right talents. Check the blueprints every week if you don't have an AR. They need to be AR's to be really effective. Remember, you're gun damage is insignificant in these builds.
2. The right mods.
3. Get the Blueprints for the Ele Mask and Backpack. Roll yourself inventive packs and Rehab masks (rehab for Napalm), trivializes it.
4. Learning the AI behavior and spawn spots/timing in each legendary as well as where to set up which just takes practice.
5. If you're short on gear, running the weekly HVTs and collecting buckets of Tact is great.
Carry people and blow their minds if they don't know about these builds already.

There's a lot of possible variations. I'm lazy, bored and multitasking when I use these load-outs. YMMV but with a little effort, these can solo all three current legendaries without too much trouble. Hope that helps someone. Happy Hunting agents!

You rock man!!!

You rock man!!!

Hope it helps dude. I'm a bit ADD sitting around just watching football or a movie, like to have something to else going on at the same time and these just give me something to do. Takes about half an hour each legendary or so once you know the spawn patterns and timing.

I've never seen it personally, but it would not surprise me if this happened. Is your gear score really low or something? I rarely solo legendary missions, just so boring.
I've not played this in a really long time, I think my GS was about 256. I had really high hopes for the game but the continual build breaking for purpose of balancing toxic PvP just ruined it for me.

I've not played this in a really long time, I think my GS was about 256. I had really high hopes for the game but the continual build breaking for purpose of balancing toxic PvP just ruined it for me.

This is what turned off a lot of people myself included also the lack of endgame content is quite aggravating considering how amazing the single player campaign is.

Back