The Division - officially announced for PC!

Yeah I'm kind of getting bored of the same old missions as well. I'm doing my last character's weekly tonight and then I may take it easy until 1.6 hits.

Although I did finally start my 4th character but only got to the Base and then realized how boring it was doing all those encounters over again. If anyone wants to powerlevel me on my last alt, I'd be grateful and give you a high five. Other than that I can share any loot that drops.

Yeah thanks for the reminder on the book. I will probably buy that here soon.

I can help you, though I play during the night & weekends here in South Korea. A true power leveling experience would be you constantly hiding behind cover while I use my seeker mines & turrets take out level 34 vets & elites (with my 9k Tact build). I wonder how fast you'd level then...

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I think I'll wait for 1.6 before I get back on. The content has started to bore me after I achieved level 40 for Underground & got all of the LZ/Vendor exotics. Doing farming runs on story content doesn't seem to do it for me. Meh... I really think Massive needs to wake the hell up & cough up more PvE content that isn't based in the DZ or segregated DLC modes.

Yeah I log on for maybe an hour a night at this point, it's still fun though. Just collecting things to get ready for 1.6. My buddy and I ran in the DZ tonight, had some fun killing rogues. I've been trying to learn how to build the best PVP setup I can, it's still confusing. Plus I know stuff is changing in 1.6....it seems that I always find someone that no matter how much I shoot them I can't kill them.

Yeah I log on for maybe an hour a night at this point, it's still fun though. Just collecting things to get ready for 1.6. My buddy and I ran in the DZ tonight, had some fun killing rogues. I've been trying to learn how to build the best PVP setup I can, it's still confusing. Plus I know stuff is changing in 1.6....it seems that I always find someone that no matter how much I shoot them I can't kill them.

I had a good run recently of a bunch of pre-exotic weapons dropping but very little luck with gear other than Skull MC gloves a long while ago. The RNG gold goblin troll isn't coughing up enough on the gear side I think.

Last edited:
I think I'll wait for 1.6 before I get back on. The content has started to bore me after I achieved level 40 for Underground & got all of the LZ/Vendor exotics. Doing farming runs on story content doesn't seem to do it for me. Meh... I really think Massive needs to wake the hell up & cough up more PvE content that isn't based in the DZ or segregated DLC modes.
The problem is this. http://steamcharts.com/app/365590

playing 33 min ago
24-hour peak
all-time peak

I mean with numbers like that how much money are they going to spend on content?

Edit: So out of curiosity I plugged in borderlands 2 which came out in 2012.
playing an hour ago
24-hour peak
all-time peak

Last edited:
The problem is this. http://steamcharts.com/app/365590

playing 33 min ago
24-hour peak
all-time peak

I mean with numbers like that how much money are they going to spend on content?

Edit: So out of curiosity I plugged in borderlands 2 which came out in 2012.
playing an hour ago
24-hour peak
all-time peak

You still need to add Uplay players so not very accurate.

Sure you're not going to be able to track every platform people play it on but you can get an idea of the percentage of player bleed.It's likely people who bought it on Uplay Xbone or PS4 are facing a similar drop off.

question for people. The skill sets you unlock by upgrading wings, are those cumulative or not? so say the pulse thing, if you had it had master level, does that include all the perks from all the other level of it? so it would include stash locations and what not?

question for people. The skill sets you unlock by upgrading wings, are those cumulative or not? so say the pulse thing, if you had it had master level, does that include all the perks from all the other level of it? so it would include stash locations and what not?
Pretty sure they are not. You need to unlock/buy every item in each wing.

Pretty sure they are not. You need to unlock/buy every item in each wing.

i guess Ican't explain that well enough what I mean. so like pulse level 2 or 3 give it the ability to point out boxes and stuff when you use it, something the previous level doesn't do but it I got the next level up and equip that does the added abilities from the previous level still work?

there are no "levels", only mods. The mod describes how it changes the base effect. So resource scanner has shorter cooldown, greater range, shows loot, but does not do a damage buff like the tactical scanner. Once you have unlocked all medical wings then you will get the pulse master skill, where it blips if a threat is nearby, you also get a dot pattern if you are scanned.

The answer is no. They are each their own skill. The ones you keep unlocking are not cumulative. You are only ever going to select one of the three in the middle. The master mod on the far right (once its unlocked) will always be active for that skill. And the base skill on the far left you'll never use, again after you've unlocked the other three.

1.6 patch Tuesday Feb. 28!

It is now official.

Looking forward to it but holding my breath on a few items of concern a bunch of the PTS users around here had mentioned. I hope all PTS people laid down the feedback like crazy.

I know we complain a lot about things that didn't quite go the way we had hoped with The Division...but I gotta say that I am immensely impressed by what Hamish and the team have done to make this game better. The State of the Game videos, PTS server, listening to feedback and outreach in the various communities....I think we should all be thankful for that. They could have just threw in the towel and gave up long ago.

eh, come on man. these guys are employees, having a job where many game studios are just getting shut down. they don't need to be congratulated for having a job, just for putting out a good product that has a long life cycle, keeps the players happy and allows them to sell ongoing DLC. In that regards IMO they have failed and are continuing to fail. Instead of expanding the game the DLC gives game modes. instead of giving players what they want, they are clinging to their notions of how the DZ needs to be, exception being when they have abandoned those concepts for last stand. There just is not much endgame content for a PvE player unless you like playing the DZ metagame. If you don't like to PvP then you can do banshee outfit, greet players, fake extracts, run to other areas of the map, switch servers. Fuck that. I'll just play something else instead of going through that bullshit.

I know we complain a lot about things that didn't quite go the way we had hoped with The Division...but I gotta say that I am immensely impressed by what Hamish and the team have done to make this game better. The State of the Game videos, PTS server, listening to feedback and outreach in the various communities....I think we should all be thankful for that. They could have just threw in the towel and gave up long ago.

eh, come on man. these guys are employees, having a job where many game studios are just getting shut down. they don't need to be congratulated for having a job, just for putting out a good product that has a long life cycle, keeps the players happy and allows them to sell ongoing DLC. In that regards IMO they have failed and are continuing to fail. Instead of expanding the game the DLC gives game modes. instead of giving players what they want, they are clinging to their notions of how the DZ needs to be, exception being when they have abandoned those concepts for last stand. There just is not much endgame content for a PvE player unless you like playing the DZ metagame. If you don't like to PvP then you can do banshee outfit, greet players, fake extracts, run to other areas of the map, switch servers. Fuck that. I'll just play something else instead of going through that bullshit.

i agree with Sprayingmango. we all have different views/expectations so i respect what you're saying jiminator, but to me Massive has done a great job. they've put a lot of effort into listening to the community and improving the game. sure some of the changes might have missed the mark but the effort and good intentions were certainly there. based on that and how much fun i'm having with The Division (700 hours logged...crazy), i'll more than likely buy future content ('year 2 season pass' and/or The Division 2 whenever it's released).

Nah I'm with mango on this. I like the guys at Massive. I think they actually do care. Why do a state of the game every week if they didn't? What other studio does these anyway.

At my job its always nice to hear you did a nice job on something. Why work on something and not try to do the best job you can. Massive is at least continuing to try to improve their game so I wont crack on them at all. I love the game. I want them to keep working on it.

Massive has gone good work... hard to call all this "failure" but they really do have some loose ends that should be picked up on as jiminator indicated. I hope they do it. There's really no reason why they couldn't and shouldn't. I think there's a lot of mileage left to The Division if they play their cards right.

I would separate my criticism for Massive into the developers and the money guys. I'm sure the developers had great plans for the DLC story content that would have been great and cost a bundle. Then the bean counters came in and said go make some Taco Bell content (remix the same 9 ingredients and call it new).

I love the game and got my moneys worth out of it, including the cost for the season pass. I want the game to succeed long term but in order to do that they need a strong playerbase that the bean counters can then justify the cost of creating DLC against expected sales. I just don't think they are going about it the right way. They continue to alienate a huge portion of their playerbase for no good reason.

Look at the the way the numbers drop: http://steamcharts.com/app/365590#6m - a 5.2k peak the past day.

Granted, this is only steam, but you probably have similar drop ratios on other platforms. Compare that to rainbow six siege, http://steamcharts.com/app/359550, which is 6 months older and has only been getting stronger as time goes on with a 32k peak the past day.

What I am getting at is that their actions do not build the player base. You don't have casuals sticking around, just the hardcore players, either ones that love the PvP/PvE experience or ones that love to grief others.

If you love the game and want real DLC, not game modes, then you need to want them to fix the glaring problems with the game, else, they will probably wrap this up and you will see the division 2 next year. And that might not be a bad thing.

guess it is time for me to read up on skills, crafting, etc. I was breezing through and i've hit a wall now at level 14. Having trouble actually getting through missions that shouldn't be that hard and that actually have lower level enemies (like the defend the tunnel main mission). Just seems like they destroy me with blind fire over cover all day long.

And the armored guys give me trouble as I must be missing some knowledge on how to deal with them although wacking them with those sticky bombs is a hoot.

Maybe my guns sucks or im relying too much on MGs with big clips vs more powerful assault rifles.

the difficulty in the earlier stages is usually because of poor gear. If anything is two levels below you should upgrade it. matched gear should easily take out anything the game has, although the armored ones take a bit longer. hitting the weakpoints helps though.

I finally got a character to lvl 30 the other day. The only time I didn't upgrade an item within a couple of levels was bad luck, a gun I rarely used (shotguns/sub guns) or I had found/bought a high end purple that would last 2+ levels. I had a lvl 21 assault rifle that lasted me 7 levels and easily would have lasted me to 30 if I hadn't bought a better one. I didn't find or get a plan to make a vent brake till the low 20s but they also help keeping the enemies under cover more due to "more threat" created.

i think one my major problems in the game is going to be this crafting stuff....I always hate that kind of stuff in games and I always avoid it like the plague.

switched up my gun and I am doing much better now. I also thought i was a higher level than i really was...that doesn't help. Lastly I just suck at the controls. Keep hitting the wrong things at the wrong times. Need to use a medkit ok...I'll hit UP. Need to hide..ok..I'll hit UP.

crafting is useless mostly in the game unless you have 256/level 34 blueprints. everything else becomes obsolete fairly fast. the blueprint rewards are just stupid. anyway you can safely ignore it, you will not miss out on anything.

As for threat, pretty sure it does not do anything for single player. For MP with higher threat you can draw more fire, although if an NPC locks on to someone then threat is ignored.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Just a heads up, there's a solid BLUE weapon skin at the equipment vendor. Not sure how rare it is but haven't seen it before.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
The appearance vendor in the BoO. If you walk in from the street, just go all the way to the right.

Guess I already had that one. I like the solid color skins. Orange and white have always been a couple of my favorites.

What are the best named weapons to buy from the special equipment vendor this week right before the patch? The Valkyria, Historian or Liberator? A marksman rifle is only big upgrade or the Valk.

New personal best! Normally when there's a full server of players in Survival I don't score terribly high but this was a really interesting match. Fully cleared 4 DZ strongholds solo and mopped up two others with one LZ stronghold clear as well and just generally got to the DZ way earlier than normal at 49 minutes remaining on my infection. I had a full set of superior quality items by that point and went in with confidence. Deviated from the normal approach with having a high end shotgun to back up my G36. The stagger is brutal against Hunters and ended up clearing my own and 3 others in the extraction zone.
AFL4W8f.png

Next match I issued a self-imposed challenge of not using the map at any point and managed to get out. That was pretty intense, haha.

What are the best named weapons to buy from the special equipment vendor this week right before the patch? The Valkyria, Historian or Liberator? A marksman rifle is only big upgrade or the Valk.

Whatever you can afford and fits your preference and play style.

reading over the 1.6 patch notes, wow i'm going to have to rethink some of my loadouts! i'm pretty excited for the changes coming.

Can anyone please post the 1.6 notes for those of us that are at work and cant few them on other sites, much appreciated.

Can anyone please post the 1.6 notes for those of us that are at work and cant few them on other sites, much appreciated.
Straight from the source: http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisof...the-division-update-16-last-stand-patch-notes

Last Stand game mode
  • SHD tech data relays loaded with operational information were left behind in the Dark Zone when the JTF was forced to withdraw. Rogues have targeted these data relays and are attempting to access what is inside. Engage in 8 versus 8 PvP combat and secure the data before the Rogues can.
  • Fight to control three key tactical locations on one of 4 Dark Zone maps.
  • In order to capture a tactical location, the team will need to control three objectives inside the location. Once the tactical location is secured, the team will begin scoring points.
  • First team to reach the max score wins.
  • To help propel their team to victory, players can activate powerful fortifications and SHD tech tactical boosts.
New Incursion – Stolen Signal
  • Stolen Signal takes place in a civilian TV Broadcast center taken over by the infamous Rikers gang.
  • Players will venture into three different wings and face unique combat scenarios. Each encounter is meant to push players to play tactically and make the best use of their builds.
  • All wings bring their own challenges and rewards; completing all of them will unlock the final boss fight and the strongest opposition yet.
Update 1.6

The following content, changes, and bug fixes are available free for everyone. Update 1.6 is available on February 28 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

Game Changes
Dark Zone map expansion

• Explore three new areas to the north of the Dark Zone. Engage powerful enemies and discover the dangers hiding around every corner.
Dark Zone Leaderboards

• Earn rewards in the Dark Zone by participating in weekly and monthly activities tracked via the new Dark Zone leaderboards.
  • See how you stack up against other players in the Dark Zone on leaderboard activities that reset and change every week and month. All the tracked weekly and monthly activities count towards your total score. The higher your score, the better rewards you will earn when the leaderboards reset!
Dark Zone Contamination Events

• The pockets of virus contamination in the subways below the Dark Zone are festering and becoming even more deadly. Cleaners have been attracted to the rising contamination. Players must manage their health as the virus eats away at their filter while battling against powerful Cleaners. Clear each Dark Zone subway of Cleaners to earn extra rewards.
Legendary difficulty

• Pit yourself against elite LMB forces equipped with superior gear and advanced tactics.
  • Legendary difficulty strips missions of all narrative and focuses purely on combat scenarios.
  • Each Legendary mission has a single checkpoint, about halfway through.
  • Legendary difficulty is only available in World Tier 5.
  • Available missions: Napalm Production Site, WarrenGate Power Plant, Times Square Power Relay.
More options for character customization

• Explore all new ways of customizing your agent, with weapon skins, backpack skins, new clothing sets and emotes!
  • Visit the Premium Vendor in The Terminal to unlock premium vanity content; stocks update weekly so check back regularly!
Combat
  • Increased the time to revive a downed teammate from 3s to 5s.
  • Bleed no longer blocks sprint. Instead it reduces movement speed by 20%. Additional applications refresh the timer.
  • Medkits can now be used at full health and cleanse the character of all applied status effects.
  • Hipfire stability has been significantly reduced when moving.
  • Increased Hip-fire penalties: Weapon spread is now wider while stability and recoil are also more impacted.
  • Player camera will now be impacted by hipfire, reducing their field of view the longer they keep firing.
  • There is now a short cooldown between each combat roll.
  • Body shot damage has been slightly increased in PvP (this change does not apply to PvE, headshot damage is unchanged).
  • Implemented visual feedback when an enemy player uses a Medkit.
  • The PvP damage multiplier has been set at 0.42. This applies to both Last Stand and the Dark Zone.
Last Stand Gear Normalization
When entering a match of Last Stand, characters stats will be modified in order to bring a more stable balance to player versus player combat.

• Gear pieces:
    • Automatically increase to Gear Score 256.
    • Main attributes (Firearms, Stamina, Electronics) will be increased to the maximum roll of the existing stat on each equipped piece.
    • All bonuses, included from gear and performance mods, will be increased to their maximum roll.
  • Weapons:
    • Automatically increase to Gear Score 256.
    • Talents unlock based on the normalized main attributes.
    • All bonuses (including from mods), damage and attributes will be increased to their maximum roll.
  • All players will be set to 35% armor mitigation value. This armor mitigation is affected by Talents and Skill buffs.
  • Player talents, Gear Set bonuses and Weapon Set bonuses function as normal.
Dark Zone
  • Players can now fast travel between Dark Zone checkpoints.
  • Players will no longer lose Dark Zone experience and funds when killed in the Dark Zone if they are not Rogue.
  • Supply drops will now reward Dark Zone experience as well.
  • Koreatown is no longer classified as a Landmark.
Armor & Resistances
  • Armor has been removed as a Major bonus from items and is replaced with Health.
  • Base Health has been added to the game. Depending on the World Tier you are in, you will automatically receive a given amount of Base Health for free.
  • Added a new bonus called “Resist All” which adds resistance to all types of status effects.
  • Older items (pre 1.6) with Health bonus will see this bonus replaced with a Resist All one.
  • Resist All is capped at 60%.
  • Resistances to status effects will now reduce the effect instead of having a chance to resist it. This means that a 10% bleed resist will lower the bleed damage and duration by 10% instead of having a 10% chance to ignore it.
  • When applied repeatedly in a short time, the player will naturally build up resistance to this status effect. In other words, status effects will now have diminishing returns when applied repeatedly to a player.
  • If the player manages to build up 100% resistance to a status effect, they will resist it entirely.
Gear Talents
  • Rejuvenated now gives 40% resistance to all status effects for 10 seconds, when using a Medkit.
Gear Stats
  • Gear Bonuses have been moved around on various Gear Pieces
    • -bonus is removed
    • +bonus is added
    • =bonus remains
    Chest
    • -Damage to Elite
    • -Damage from Elite
    • +Skill Haste
    • +Enemy Armor Damage
    • =Health
    • =Health on Kill
    • =Exotic Damage Resilience
    • =All Resistance
    Backpack
    • -Skill Haste
    • -Signature Skill Resource Gain
    • +Weapon Stability
    • =Health
    • =Critical Hit Damage
    • =Skill Power
    Mask
    • -Damage to Elite
    • +Enemy Armor Damage
    • =Critical Hit Chance
    • =Health on Kill
    • =Skill Power
    • =All Resistance
    Gloves
    • -Damage to Elite
    • +Enemy Armor Damage
    • +Skill Haste
    • =Critical Hit Chance
    • =Critical Hit Damage
    • =Health on Kill
    • =Assault rifle Damage
    • =LMG Damage
    • =Marksman rifle Damage
    • =Shotgun Damage
    • =SMG Damage
    • =Pistol Damage
    Knees
    • -Damage to Elite
    • -Damage from Elite
    • +Enemy Armor Damage
    • +Skill Power
    • =Health
    • =Critical Hit Damage
    • =All Resistance
    Holster
    • -Damage from Elite
    • -Pistol Damage
    • +Critical Hit Chance
    • +Reload Speed
    • =Health
    • =Skill Haste
    Other changes to stats:
    • Enemy Armor Damage is now a Major bonus and no longer a Minor.
    • Damage to Elites is now a Minor bonus and no longer a Major.
    • Damage from Elite values have been halved.
    • Pistol Damage is doubled on gloves.
    Recalibration

With all these changes to Gear stats, here are the details of how existing gear should convert with this update.
    • If you had a native Armor bonus (not recalibrated), it will be turned into health.
    • If you had a recalibrated Armor bonus, the recalibration will reset and you will be back to the initial bonus the item had when it was acquired.
    • If you had a native Health bonus (not recalibrated), it will be turned into All Resistance.
    • If you had a recalibrated Health bonus on any other Gear Piece, the recalibration will reset.
    • If you had a recalibrated Health bonus in Chestpiece and no native armor roll on this piece, the Health roll will remain.
    • If you had a recalibrated Health bonus in Chestpiece and a native armor roll on this piece, the recalibration will reset as you would otherwise end up with 2 Health bonuses.
    • If you had a recalibrated Health bonus in any other Gear Piece, the recalibration will reset.
    • If you had a recalibrated Skill Haste bonus on your backpack, the recalibration will reset.
    • If you had a recalibrated Pistol Damage bonus on your holster, and the holster was acquired after update 1.5, the recalibration will reset.
    • If you had a recalibrated Enemy Armor Damage or Damage to Elite and the item was acquired after update 1.5, the recalibration will reset.
    • All recalibrations on Exotic weapons will reset.
    • Unique talents on Exotic weapons cannot be recalibrated.
    • Free talents on Exotic weapons that don’t have a Unique talent (Liberator, Centurion, Eir and Hildr) can be recalibrated.
    • Note that when a recalibration resets, the money spent will be reimbursed, based on the recalibration costs of Update 1.6. Since recalibration now has a cost cap, if the initial recalibration costed more, you will only be reimbursed according to this cap.

Character talents
  • On the move reduced to 15%.
  • Battle Buddy reduced to 30%.
  • Critical Save reduced to 20%.
  • Adrenaline will no longer apply Overheal. Instead it replaces the instant heal of Medkits with a heal over time that can also apply while taking damage.
Skills
  • Changes to Skill Power:
    • The Skill Power curve has been modified, resulting in less efficient skills at low Skill Power, and more efficient skills at high Skill Power.
    • Skills will now scale to the World Tier you are currently in as an “expected Skill Power” has been implemented.
    • Diminishing return on Skill Power will not kick in before 450 000 Skill Power.
    • All skills have been adapted to this new scaling.
  • Skill Haste gear bonuses have been increased by 100%.
  • Skill Haste has a cap of 50%.
  • Sticky Bomb
    • Changed Flashbang mod to have only a flashbang effect.
    • Replaced the Proximity Fuse mod with Disruptor, which has an EMP effect. Its explosion radius has been increased to 9 meters.
    • Added warning and delay to Sticky Bomb. This means that Sticky Bombs, except for Disruptor, will no longer detonate immediately, but after some time.
  • First Aid
    • Defibrillator will now heal in 2 steps, one instant burst of healing following by a heal over time.
    • Booster Shot: Damage Mitigation bonus decreased by 50% from 15% to 7.5%.
  • Turret
    • Shock Turret will no longer deal any damage and only shock the enemy.
    • Base skill and Active Sensor: Range decreased from 35 meters to 25 meters.
    • All mods except Shock: Base health reduced by 25%.
    • All mods: Skill Power impact on health reduced.
  • Mobile Cover
    • All mods: Base cooldown increased by 33%.
  • Pulse
    • Reduced impact of Skill Power on Critical Hit Chance and Critical Hit Damage.
    • Tactical Scanner
      • Critical Hit Chance increased by +20%.
      • Critical Hit Damage reduced by -11%.
  • Smart Cover
    • Damage Resilience decreased by 33%.
    • Reduced impact of Skill Power on Damage Resilience.
    • All mods: Base cooldown increased by 9%.
  • Seeker Mine
    • All mods: Added a PvP damage modifier that applies to all PvP activities, to reduce its potency. The multiplier is set to 40%.
    • Base cooldown increased by 17%.
    • Cluster
      • The stagger effect has been removed. Explosion damage has been decreased, bleed damage has been increased.
  • Support Station
    • All mods: Radius decreased from 8 meters to 7,5 meters.
    • Life Support: Revive time increased from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.
    • Support Station heal procs have a 1 second cooldown.
  • Signature Skills:
    • The exhaust that applies after a player received a Signature Skill effect is extended to 60 seconds (from 30 seconds).
    • Players will no longer be able to trigger a Signature Skill if they are under the exhaust effect from a previous application.
    • Signature Skills cooldown will now be affected by Skill Haste.
    • Tactical Link
      • Damage bonus is decreased to 10% in Last Stand. (this change doesn’t apply outside of Last Stand, where the bonus remains at 30%).
      • Weapon Stability will be more hindered by the rate of fire bonus.

Back