The Division - officially announced for PC!

it has to do with the shit pvp in the game. camping entrances, ganking newbies with superior gear is fine, but if one piece of superior gear is more superior than the rest, then they have to nerf the fuck out of it.

I came across this today, which has me hoping that Year 2 DLC will actually have PvE (based on comments)...

My reaction after watching SotG:

incredulous_zpsmafwbb1u.gif

I came across this today, which has me hoping that Year 2 DLC will actually have PvE (based on comments)...

They better have lots of PVE else they aren't getting my $$$ this time.

They better have lots of PVE else they aren't getting my $$$ this time.

After playing the open beta, I loved it for the PvE but I didn't buy it for almost a year due to the issues they were having. Once I got into it, I loved the PvE (after many patches later) but Massive focuses way too much on PvP for me to have a great feeling about the future content they'll be bringing. So far, they've only shown to nerf great gear & focus on PvP completely.

it has to do with the shit pvp in the game. camping entrances, ganking newbies with superior gear is fine, but if one piece of superior gear is more superior than the rest, then they have to nerf the fuck out of it.

I don't know why they don't normalize everything in PVP. Should have been like that from the start. Even WoW finally threw their hands up and starting do it. It's fucking impossible to ever strike a perfect balance with both PVE and PVP in the mix together, you'll always upset one or the other.

You could walk into the DZ and run into someone who was effectively invincible to you. It was like the resilience grind in WoW. You would like literally 2 shot people with no resilience if you got a couple big hits, it was practically impossible to actually be useful until you bashed your head against the wall for 5 hours and got a few pieces of gear with that stat. I feel like this is even more obnoxious.

Plus the gun-play was honestly just awkward as fuck in PVP.

As did I, albeit not directly. I didn't play the last 2 weeks of the PTS, so I didn't have input when it was most timely.

To be honest, this update isn't exciting me much. I know I will play, but my eyes are on other titles at the moment. Last Stand didn't amount to anything I was looking forward too, one of my favorite builds got nerfed (D3-FNC), and the "let's stuff another half-cooked game mode in there" approach to DLC is wearing thin with me. The stuff I'd like to see (more story and story related content) seems to be abandoned, or held for Division 2... which I may or may not get if this is going to be their approach to DLC. They really needed to end this year strong, and in my opinion they've botched it. The dedicated PvP mode is a good addition, don't get me wrong, it just comes at the cost of content that I feel should have been a priority long before this.

But whatever, it's still largely a fun game I will undoubtedly put another hundred or more hours in... but I can feel my time with it coming to a close. Which is unfortunate, there was a lot of potential here.

Vendor reset:

Timestamps for this week's vendor items:
01:01 FAMAS
02:08 Savage Gloves
02:54 Sticky Bomb Dmg Mod
02:59 Electronics + Skillpower mod
03:51 Pakhan
04:21 Cassidy
04:40 Tactical AUG A3P
05:33 Custom L86
05:54 Liberator
06:15 First Wave Vector 45 ACP
06:33 Gear Rolls
06:58 First Aid Self Heal mod
07:18 Weekly blueprints
08:00 Ballistic Shield Dmg Resilience Mod
08:21 Firearms + Health mod
08:40 Nimble holster
09:44 Ti-Rant Suppressor
10:11 Support Station Range mod
10:55 Firearms + Crit chance mod
11:25 Rugged Mini Reflex Sight
11:55 MP7
13:22 Pulse Crit Hit Chance mod
13:31 Turret Dmg Mod
13:51 Gear set rolls
14:01 Rehabilitated Mask

Yeah I didn't know that they were refunding our recalibration costs.

I'm glad it will 'reset' the item back to before it was recalibrated, so we can choose something different if we want, or just try to go for a better roll without the price already being sky high.

What the hell happened to the pathing in this game? I took a few weeks off and now when I set a mission I get no indication on where to go.

What the hell happened to the pathing in this game? I took a few weeks off and now when I set a mission I get no indication on where to go.
There's a weird setting in the map where you can turn the "GPS" pathing on or off - maybe you opened the map and turned it off by accident?

There's a weird setting in the map where you can turn the "GPS" pathing on or off - maybe you opened the map and turned it off by accident?

Not impossible since my baby did stop by to mash the keyboard keys...

I'll check it out later. Thanks!

so...is this game worth getting? Its like an MMO right just without the monthly subscription?

so...is this game worth getting? Its like an MMO right just without the monthly subscription?

Yes. It's come a long ways.

There's an intruiging backdrop of a story and tons of things to do. If you like shooting and looting especially, I don't think you can go wrong here with this. ;)

The game has definitely come a long way in a year. If you can buy it for cheap its well worth it.

Everyone loves the 1-30 leveling up throughout the incredibly detailed landscape of New York. It's the lack of content at end game that some of us find frustrating, among other things we wont bore you with.

I hope they have true expansions in year 2. There is so much they can expand with the current map.

I havent played this game in such a long time i logged back in, couldnt figure out what i should do, and promptly logged back out.

So I got a pretty good Burst Fire MP5 A4. 25K dmg/800 rpm (+44)/ 32 rd mag (+34). It's got Destructive, Brutal, and Swift (Wanted to roll Responsive but maxed out all my rolls and didn't get it).

Have firearms at about 7000. Loaded up my Frontline gear and Ballistic Shield. Doing 96k non crit headshot armor dmg (72k headshot non armor dmg) per hit. I have to go back and see how much my crits do with Pulse.

Tons of DPS with high survivability. This build is fun. Although if I get flanked, I am done for due to low stamina.

I havent played this game in such a long time i logged back in, couldnt figure out what i should do, and promptly logged back out.

Well that's sad. Do you give up that easily on all things in life?

Dude it's not rocket science...either start a new character or take 30 min and watch a YouTube video. You'll be fine.

So I got a pretty good Burst Fire MP5 A4. 25K dmg/800 rpm (+44)/ 32 rd mag (+34). It's got Destructive, Brutal, and Swift (Wanted to roll Responsive but maxed out all my rolls and didn't get it).

Have firearms at about 7000. Loaded up my Frontline gear and Ballistic Shield. Doing 96k non crit headshot armor dmg (72k headshot non armor dmg) per hit. I have to go back and see how much my crits do with Pulse.

Tons of DPS with high survivability. This build is fun. Although if I get flanked, I am done for due to low stamina.

If you like the Burst Fire MP5, there's actually a 99% dmg one for sale at the DZ3 Safehouse. Its talents are Hurried, Destructive, Self Preserved. But it's going to cost you around 416k DZ credits.

The new Weekly assignments are up now in case you guys are interested in saving those for some exotic items come next patch. But you will have to step foot in the DZ to kill 50 Rikers. I just enter at DZ2 west and stay around zones 2 and 3 killing rikers.

And then you have to complete 10 main missions and deconstruct 30 items. One says kill 50 Rikers and the other one says kill 50 Rikers in the Dark Zone. So just kill them in there, 2 birds 1 stone.

For the missions, I've just been running Lexington a couple times, and 6 or 7 I'll do Madison. But the absolute fastest is Amherst Apartment. I do Madison instead. It's just as fast and you have the off chance of getting those Shortbows kneepads.

I don't like the assignments since most of the time I won't step into DZ & I don't own the Survival DLC. I wonder how well my Tactician build would do in DZ...

I don't like the assignments since most of the time I won't step into DZ & I don't own the Survival DLC. I wonder how well my Tactician build would do in DZ...

Just match make for a group and you'll do fine. It can be done solo, but it will be more frustrating.

Funny thing is, I don't usually bother with the weekly assignments either, because trudging through 10 missions I've already done a hundred times sounds like dragging a dead hippo uphill to me. It's really not that bad, but until I can play with people I know again, I just can't get interested.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Crimson, try the DZ anyways. If you're worried about losing credits and EXP, equip 4 piece Banshee and laugh. YOu'll only lose a DZ key. I think it's worth it for the hilarity alone, plus I want to get DZ level 99.

I think the weekly assignment is worth it for the exotics(when 1.6 drops) alone. I just find non vet and non elite enemies to kill.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Once 1.6 is released, I want to try to make a skill power/ ballistic shield build where I can have Pulse up all the time (cooldown lower than duration). Anyone already try this combo yet?

Once 1.6 is released, I want to try to make a skill power/ ballistic shield build where I can have Pulse up all the time (cooldown lower than duration). Anyone already try this combo yet?
Iv used this combo in 1.5, all fire arms and electronics rolls on d3nr set it had about a 9 sec cool down on the pulse, i loved that combo

Reactions: cvinh
like this
So has anybody bought the book?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1452148279/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just started reading it last night. It gives a personal account of April Kellerher when the bug first hit NYC to where she disappears into the DZ.

Worth a read but you have to love the game though, it's for hardcore players however.

Thanks for the link. Just ordered the book and the art book! I love this game so much, I enjoy collecting anything I can find. I ordered the collectible figurine from the UPlay store too, can't wait to see it!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I think I'll wait for 1.6 before I get back on. The content has started to bore me after I achieved level 40 for Underground & got all of the LZ/Vendor exotics. Doing farming runs on story content doesn't seem to do it for me. Meh... I really think Massive needs to wake the hell up & cough up more PvE content that isn't based in the DZ or segregated DLC modes.

Back