The Division - officially announced for PC!

I like it! Fits my playstyle perfectly, and I'm an old Striker fan. I'll have to hunt down a new FAMAS, but that's half the fun. Thanks for posting. (y)

I got something that was functional and I tried it out. I can't say I cared for it. The problem I saw was that the striker stacks dropped too fast. The FAMAS is a 900+(with mod) RPM weapon and if you just sling it around you instantly lose your stacks. It does do up close fighting well, which would work for PvP, but distance (PvE) not so much. I am thinking predators mark might be a better combo (10x bullets for 50% bleed) for PvE, but then it does nothing in terms of accuracy/stability. Burst firing works somewhat better. Oh well. :)

I got something that was functional and I tried it out. I can't say I cared for it. The problem I saw was that the striker stacks dropped too fast. The FAMAS is a 900+(with mod) RPM weapon and if you just sling it around you instantly lose your stacks. It does do up close fighting well, which would work for PvP, but distance (PvE) not so much. I am thinking predators mark might be a better combo (10x bullets for 50% bleed) for PvE, but then it does nothing in terms of accuracy/stability. Burst firing works somewhat better. Oh well. :)

Good info, thanks. When I get to play some I may tinker with it, but I've got so many builds now I don't know which to focus on. My Alpha Bridge or Predators Mark will probably will out.

--

My youngest daughter moves back to state (and in with me) in 2 weeks, so I've slowly been moving all my gear down into my unfinished basement. It's not as pretty, but it has given me the space to have a dedicated flight / racing sim setup apart from my main computer. There are still several things that need done before all that will be running, but I may take some pictures to share when I do.

quoting these so i remember to buy these mods! i probably won't have time to play until this weekend, any idea how long these items will stick around?

vendor restock is in 29 hours, so I would suggest popping in to grab them. If you lack funds then turn pulse to the resource scanner and go around and loot the shit boxes (purple/blues). They will usually contain caches with 2-3k dz funds, much easier than killing. good thing about it is that if you get ganked they will probably ignore the purples and you can pick them up to extract :)

Alright I logged on and bought a bunch of the stamina and firearms mods. Thanks for the heads up jiminator and jmaker. Just getting back into this game so my build is a mess, a mix of random 256 pieces I've picked up from the monthly supply drops. It's like starting all over again, I dig it :D

so... I lacked gear for a predators mark build, and it was just not dropping. On the other hand I did have tons of alphabridge stuff. The meta is currently for an alphabridge/famas build. Additionally the accuracy/stability weapon mods only cost 2% of the 15% uncomplicated damage buff. So changing the mods the thing shoots like a laser. I still need to do a lot of fixing on the build but it has been interesting. As a general FYI on the aphabridge, the old shitty 163 HE blueprints you may have? They are now awesome for alpha builds. Cheap material costs and minimum requirements to unlock talents. You can make 100s of weapons to find the right skills. A bit better than farming.

Anyway to fix the loot clutter I made the following cheat sheet, some may find it useful.The assumption is you can fix one thing, so the others are required (unless going for an initial build)

Chest: Look for 3000+ total armor (3266 max)
Rolls: At least 2 of : armor, FA or Stamina > 1200, Ammo (or XP)

Mask: Look for 900+ Armor (1001 max)
Rolls: At least 2 of : FA or Stamina > 1200, Skill Power (optional), Enemy Armor Damage

Knee Pads: Look for 2700+ total Armor (2931 max)
Rolls: At least 2 of : FA or Stamina > 1200, Armor, Enemy Armor Damage

Backpack: Look for 2100+ total Armor (2293 max)
Rolls: At least 2 of : FA or Stamina > 1200, Armor, Ammo (or XP)

Gloves: Look for 900+ Armor (1001 max)
Rolls: At least 2-3 of : FA or Stamina > 1200, ChC, ChD, Weapon Dmg

Holster: Look for 1500+ Armor (1674 max)
Rolls: At least 3 of FA and Stamina and Electronics > 1200, Armor

Great idea with the 163 HE blueprints!

I finally got my 4 piece alpha bridge tonight and it's a lot of fun. My electronics is way too low to get the 4790 requirement for the talents I need for the ARs but the LMGs are squared away. Purchased the Pakhan and I'm running a two piece of another set to give an additional 20% stability which is likely unecessary but since I can't seem to get Barret's Chest to drop I might as well toy around. It's a damn laser once that recoil settles. I just need to find the right weapons/gear to attain Skilled and Brutal. Those would be fun to have with this build. Also need some damn performance mods that have armor. I hate that mod slot

Why does no one ever mention Focused for a talent to use on AB build? I know we're always using skills, use Booster Shot or a CC skill in a defensive manner, last resort kind of way. That talent is a free 10% damage. Even better with competent and Barretts chest in case you do have to use a skill. Use Precision for free pulse. All kinds of combos.

This game is hilarious. Everyone's climbing over each other in Lexington looking for the Barrett's chest piece. I got a pretty good one, but haven't found one single good AB kneepads yet. And it took me a week to get the MC Skulls gloves that rolled electronics. And just now I got 2 more of them back to back LZ bosses.

Yeah I picked up a set of MC Skulls gloves last night. Didn't really seem like they are worth keeping. Is there something useful I'm missing as far as the talents go?

I have 3. They are pretty great if you go for a pure HE build.

Savage gloves used to be a thing, but ChC/ChD has been nerfed hard so they are much less relevant

Last edited:
Experimenting with another build. This uses LMG (14% dmg out of cover) + 3x banshee (10% dmg out of cover) + 3x lone star (100% ammo + 8% LMG)

Still very rough and misplaced attributes, requires a lot of tuning but I think I like it. I roamed the entire map clearing the LZ bosses and other encounters and I did not have to stop for ammo at all.

For surviveability I really like the predatory skill. It pretty much acts as a continuously regenerating heath that keeps you topped off. Better IMO than all the % health on kill, also the %health on crits

For the crit nerfs, you may find this interesting: http://divisionfieldguide.com/post/2016/12/case-against-critical-hit-in-1/

I had a perfect build with 1.4 but now I don't. I've been watching the videos that have been posted ITT btw.

How the fuck do you get 60%(?) armor damage mitigation? Highest I've enemy armor damage mitigation I can get is 45%, I'm tired of being a glass cannon. I've been using stamina mods and re-rolling for health and stamina

I have the following HE gear that I use depending on what I'm doing.
Specialized pack
Robust chest
Accomplished knee pads
Savage gloves

I'm 243/289/115

Weapons I usually use is the mk46 SAW, the Caddy AR, Socom ScarL AR, and the Tenabrae

Gear sets I usually have are 4pc Lone Star(cos ammo and LZ farming), AB 4 pc or Banshee(for DZ). I usually use first aid(overheal),Tact Link,and seeker mines or pulse if in DZ.

Danke

I had a perfect build with 1.4 but now I don't. I've been watching the videos that have been posted ITT btw.

How the fuck do you get 60%(?) armor damage mitigation? Highest I've enemy armor damage mitigation I can get is 45%, I'm tired of being a glass cannon. I've been using stamina mods and re-rolling for health and stamina

You'll want all your mods with +armor, not with +health. Make sure your Chest, Backpack, Kneepads and Holster all rolled with armor. With all of that should put you in the mid 50ish percent armor mitigation. If you want to go higher grab a Robust chest piece and a Sturdy holster. But those require you to stay in cover to get the extra armor. Depends on your playstyle. You might want to ditch the Reckless chest if you're feeling squishy.

The Skulls gloves will be good in all HE build. Free 16% damage, what's not to love? Does anyone have any all HE builds to recommend? I have now have 4 Skulls gloves, just got another one a little bit ago. I think 3 of them rolled with Electronics, boo! Jiminator have you gotten any named items from a Field Proficiency Cache? I've gotten 0, and I've had a ton of those caches.

Alpha Bridge is so strong right now with Assault Rifles. Admittedly I've never been great at PvP, but last night in DZ I managed to go 1v3 with some group near Bryant Park. Damn that felt good. I was using 4AB and 2 Strikers. I wasn't even using the Barretts chest. I still can't even find a good Alpha knee pads. So 2 Strikers is fun. Weapons were G36 Enhanced and the Famas. Just try to get every damage talent you can for all 6. I had Uncomplicated, Focused, Responsive, Unforgiving, Destructive, and Brutal. I think I would replaced Focus if it were dedicated PvP, since you tend to use your skills in those fights to stay alive. But I still like Focused for more damage.

VF31: For damage mitigation there are three things that help. first is on the move talent, killing an enemy adds 33% damage resistance, second, the low health medpack talent for resistance, third, change booster shot to the resistance one. it heals less but it procs a lot faster and gives resistance. As said, I like predatory weapon talent for healing, reroll the +x/kill crap.

jmaker: I don't think I have seen anything special in the caches, although I just got another pair of MC gloves. They IMO are common in the LZ. I have seen some named weapon drops also in the LZ. A tenebrea, caduceus, a couple of others. Nothing I could use, but oh well.

Well after moving all my gear to the basement, my gaming is dead in the water. I'm going to need to get some electrical work done before I will be online again.

I have all of one outlet (6yr old house, unfinished basement) and the combination of a 50' extension cord, 3 APC's and a line conditioner are too much for it. Even after reducing to 1 APC and only one PC, as soon as I fire up a game (SLI), the APC trips and shuts everything down. Consequently I'm looking into having a circuit added.

just run some christmas lights down to the basement and plug your computer into that. everyone knows they are perfectly safe for heavy loads....

:)

Man the changes they've done to the light zone are phenomenal. I'm having a lot of fun with this game again. I've also had some cool experiences in the DZ the last few nights. I'm fine tuning a predator's mark build at the moment, excited to get my alts up to speed next.

jmaker, for the focused talent, do you not use skills at all? It IMO does not really compare with talents that just provide flat out damage. In a heavy fight you might have 0% uptime on that talent which makes it a wasted slot.

For predators mark, I have been experimenting with that to see how I like it. The shrapnel talent does work with the bleed but it does not seem to trigger that often.

Wish I had more DZ funds last week. I could have used a lot more of those firearms & stamina mods, lol

The focused talent works great if you are in a group. You don't need your skills as much. Again think of them as a last resort. Works great with Barretts chest, use Booster shot, hopefully you have Competent, instant DPS, shredding anyone in front of you. If you need to use your second skill, instant bonus armor plus offense with competent (I think, does competent stack?).

Another hot tip, use Nimble holster, instant heal whenever you want (2% heal per meter when in combat), which is pretty much all the time. Just look at your minimap if it has the fat circle you're in combat.

I think I found the funnest build ever.

Required:
93R automatic handgun, roll coolheaded on it.
Vigorous chest for overheal,
Resourceful backpack for skill object heal

Optional:
MC gloves, just because :)
Bliss holster (+pistol dmg then emp)

balance firearms, stamina & electronics @ 4500 or so

Booster Shot, assault shield
Critical save, on the move, precision, one is none

Shield buff resource mods

That is the essential. It is not a super fast kill, but you become a monster tank.
You can have a couple of heavies firing at you and they cannot take down your shield

now playing general assembly for the holster. just so sick of larae :)
The 93R also appears to drop frequently there.

Have the exact same build and missing the exact same piece and farming for it. =p I used decisive gloves early on right after the patch before I had the MC's drop.

I put together a striker's build last night and played it for about an hour. I wasn't really feeling it. Up close with a shotgun worked fairly well for proc'ing the 4 piece bonus. But at medium range with an assault rifle I was missing too many shots to keep it proc'd.

Going to try an all HE build with MC gloves next. This game has hooked me again.

There's been a little 1.6 news to seep out of the SotG. Sounds like it will be DZ and PvP focused. Given that "Last Stand" will likely open up the whole top of the map into Central Park, this is not surprising.

have you roamed the map doing the LZ bosses? That is what gets them. I have 4 pairs, IMO they are common, certainly easier than the other pieces.

Yeah, first thing I do every day when I log in is roam the LZ, I hit up Bullet King first and work my way counter-clockwise to that LMB guy, Apollo.

I put together a striker's build last night and played it for about an hour. I wasn't really feeling it. Up close with a shotgun worked fairly well for proc'ing the 4 piece bonus. But at medium range with an assault rifle I was missing too many shots to keep it proc'd.

Going to try an all HE build with MC gloves next. This game has hooked me again.

Yeah I tried the all HE build last night. Robust chest, Specialized backpack, Tenacious mask, Skulls Gloves w/ marksman rifle damage (electronics for main stat), Accomplished kneepads (these can be whatever you want), and Sturdy holster.

I tried it with Bolt action sniper, I think I had the M44, probably switched to M700 later on. Skills were Booster Shot and wait for it......Mobile Cover! Yes I tried out mobile cover. Talents on sniper were Prepared, Brutal, Competent. I had enough mods with mobile cover damage resilience. And with Robust and Sturdy, you get your armor up high. Worked pretty good, except probably in PvP. You'd have to stay far back and hope they don't spot you while you snipe at people. But when it's up close encounters, forget about it. You're dead. But I would say anything PvE, was a blast trying to snipe npcs in the head.

Picked up the Division on black friday with a gaming buddy of mine, we have been no lifing the shit out of it every day after work for 2 weeks now haha.

Already got to WT5, running an okay Alphabridge set with LMG's because the LVOA-C's I have have shit talents on them. Been farming for Barretts nightly now.. man that thing is elusive.

Still learning a LOT each night, but having a bunch of fun so far. Trying to find a way to like the dark zone tho, seems everytime I'm there for a daily or anything I'm mercd by a group of 5 guys and feel like I'm pissing in the wind for 2 hours

Is it too late to get back in the game? I haven't played since the update back in April of this year. I believe my GS was 140 or 150.

Is it too late to get back in the game? I haven't played since the update back in April of this year. I believe my GS was 140 or 150.

I don't really understand the question. Just do the content you can, you'll get upgrades; do harder content. There's things called world tiers now which are basically difficulty levels. Start at 1, if that's too easy; bump it up to 2 etc until you're in five and then you'll be optimizing for a while there. It's a hamster wheel, just one that's fun if you get some buddies you're hooking up with regularly.

The game IMO is better than it has ever been. Loot drops frequently so it is much easier to put together a build. You now have world tiers in the main map, the higher the world tier the better the loot that drops. You can the ability to go into higher world tiers by equipping better loot. Once you reach world tier 5 you can focus on your build.

For others,

BPm3rJr.jpg

I have been trying to find a group to do Dragons Nest with me for a week now. Does anyone even do that Incursion anymore? I have yet to finish it. I'm in WT4 still trying to do it on Challenging.

I just jumped back into this game and having a lot of fun with it. Looking for people to play with. Do we have a [H]OCP group for it?

I just jumped back into this game and having a lot of fun with it. Looking for people to play with. Do we have a [H]OCP group for it?

There are several of us that play regularly, but we don't have an official "group". There is however a list of current players if you're looking for fellow [H] players to game with:

Forum Name - Uplay Name

USMCGrunt - USMCGrunt0307
gentoo - Cutsmann
Spidey329 - Kael_29
Stryderxx - Stryderxx
AthlonXP - CSHawkeye81
aeonrevolution - aeonrevolution
TheNoid - superNoid
bud1974 - budd74
Wikidlad - WikidBoo
KickAssCop - KickAssCop
ghostwich - ghostwich
Bloodwulf - Wulfkilljoy
GOD'SlittleSERVANT - demgainzz
Frraksurred - Frraksurred
purebooyah - purebooyah
SprayingMango - DolanPlayGams
Kvothe - TheKurgan57
jmaker - jmaker
Smutacus - TomcatTech
jiminator - jiminatorX
Porter_ - AnArrogantMoose
Xerack - Xerack07
Adidas4275 - APU5263
ReconSniper - Hawkeye352
Sway - Jayse75
dR.Jester - J3ST3RM4A3
collegeboy69us - accelerus
VELKYN - kenkinniph
Marvel_Naunts - Kronos0418
Gabe3 - SeriesKGB
Kwaz - The-Kwaz
Solhokuten - Solhokuten
dR.Jester - J3ST3RM4A3
BroHamBone - BroHamBone
Lith1um - pR1mal_
Doom5003 - Doom5003
whrswoldo - whrswoldo
Arr4ws - Arr4ws
GT98 - Sherminator98
FrEaKy - insomnibyte
tonyftw - floppyftl
El Nacho - El__Nacho
BurningBeard484 - BurningBeard484
VF31Tomcatters - Agent_BauerCTU
Dirksquarejaw - Dirktheginger
lordlegend - Michigan87
Harvestor - harvest0r
Strelok - HCxStrelok

If you're name is not on the list yet, just post or message me your Uplay name, and I'll get you added.

Dragons Nest is friggen impossible!!

Switched to world tier 5 and tried it for 3 hours. Every group failed at the 4 bosses.

I logged in to play with a buddy for the first time in a long time last weekend. He was grinding Lexington with a couple guys trying to get Barrets chest piece. One guy said he run Lexington 200+ times and never got the piece to drop. So I do a couple runthroughs. We kill her the second time and boom, I get the chest piece, lol. Those guys were flipping out.

Back