The Division - officially announced for PC!

Dragon's Nest tips I'm getting from Reddit

• One squad member with decent Skill Points should carry the Imunizer Health Crate to stop fire damage from incendiary traps
  • 2 players should activate the 2 different cranes at the same time for fastest results
  • Shot Engineers quickly as they launch the RC cars, otherwise the cars can be shot before reaching you / teammate
  • Utilize 2 pc Final Measure as this is a flame heavy mission

Haven't played it yet myself, but plan too soon. I'll add more tips as I discover them.

tried it. there are 3 heavy cleaners in the first section, they give drops so you get something out of it. The end boss thing is just endless fire all over the whole map. we did it without +immunity, guess we were not paying attention because we scrubbed then everyone dropped out

as for the pay to win, the good stuff only comes upon leveling up. with a cap of 40 that is a limit. after that the gear you get is going to depend on the difficulty/options chosen. In other words lots of work.

Five? There's more than that. Four main "teams" or factions of enemies, each with some unique and some common enemy types. I wouldn't generalize into a certain number of enemy types.

As for PvE there's quite a lot. I think it's pretty much universally agreed that the main campaign from level 1 to 30 (cap) is a bit corny but well done. After that, you have the Incursions (which are pretty difficult) which are end-game PvE missions. The main missions can be replayed on harder difficulties (some of which are selected as "daily" missions with bonuses for completion). They added "intel" missions where you have to go to random places on the map and usually take down roving groups of enemies. And finally the just-released DLC (not part of the main game) is a procedurally generated dungeon which should be good if you don't want PvP. It's $14.99 as an add-on to the main game, or included as part of the Season Pass.

And if it's worth getting is dependent on how much you enjoy the loot grind. The PvP Dark Zone used to be where you find the best loot but the new Underground DLC may mix that up a bit.

(Oops so it is $14.99 not $4.99 - thanks jiminator! I need more coffee)

Procedurally generated dungeon?
Now... wouldn't that make the game diablo like?
If that's the case, then sign me up! :D

I am pretty much in 100% agreement. PvP has ruined the game because of the disparity in gear and the lack of consequences and how punishing it can be to new players

There was a lot of question before the game even released if this scenario was going to work. Like the guy in the video says, there are rare moments when it offers a fun experience... but most the time, and for most the players, it is a big negative that has driven away a lot of people. I think I commented a page or two back that I look for them to offer a means to turn PvP off after the dust settles on 1.5. With this kind of Press, I'll stand even more confident on that prediction.

--

Well, I haven't played the new Incursion yet, but regardless it still seems DZ05-06 are the fastest place to gear up and amass top tier loot. jmaker and I managed to matchmake with some decent randoms earlier today and raked in the goodies for a couple hours with little trouble. One group tried to take a Supply Drop we had nearly cleared, but they paid for it rather abruptly, and we didn't see them again afterwards. There were other groups around, but everybody just seem to mind their own business, apart from the occasional solo runner just hoping to stick close to another squad for safety.

I still want to try the Incursion at some point, but I may wait until I'm geared more.

Yeah there are still jerks up in the Dark Zone. That one guy charged into a supply drop with Survivor Link popped, I think he managed to get it, but we were already there about to finish off the mob. All the risk for us, reward for that guy and his crew. So we killed that guy and his 2 buddies after a few minutes. Took our gear back off them, and never saw them again. I like doing DZ6 because the best gear really does drop from there.

We had 2 good randoms also. So that helped, one guy never said or typed a word, and the other guy was cool. So that was actually pretty fun.

And then there's the other side of the Dark Zone. I was with another guy in DZ1 just now, trying to extract at the gas station. Then another 2 come up on us, throwing sticky bombs at us going rogue, good thing I had 2 Final Measures on. My guy killed one and then he came over and helped me kill the other one. They got what was coming to them. What sucked was I couldn't extract, and had a green cache in there, then got delta error, and had to force quit the game.

I see they snuck Bullet King back into the game as an Underground Boss, lol. What do you want to bet that's where you'll get your Caduceus drop?

OOOHH! That sucks! At least it was 214 gear, not 268. Still, I HATE getting Rogued.

Heh, when I finally logged back in, it put me into a checkpoint with my full bag intact, and it got extracted. :) And no, green caches from even DZ1 give you 240s now. Most likely it will be Nomad or Lone Star.

So I managed to get 4 Piece AlphaBridge. Still not sure what to wear with the other 2 pieces. I tried FM and then Sentrys. It's pretty cool having 6 talents for one gun, but damn I was running out of ammo fast. Mostly using 2 SMGs. It's tough trying to balance the weapon talent requirements with the gear you have on. Maybe try to find a lower gear score weapon with softer requirements as the secondary weapon, and try to get a 229 for the primary? Lots to tinker with on that gear set.

EDIT: oh, and has anyone gotten any Reclaimer gear yet? I have not gotten one single piece, nor have I seen anyone else in any group I've been in gotten any.

Heh, when I finally logged back in, it put me into a checkpoint with my full bag intact, and it got extracted. :) And no, green caches from even DZ1 give you 240s now. Most likely it will be Nomad or Lone Star.

So I managed to get 4 Piece AlphaBridge. Still not sure what to wear with the other 2 pieces. I tried FM and then Sentrys. It's pretty cool having 6 talents for one gun, but damn I was running out of ammo fast. Mostly using 2 SMGs. It's tough trying to balance the weapon talent requirements with the gear you have on. Maybe try to find a lower gear score weapon with softer requirements as the secondary weapon, and try to get a 229 for the primary? Lots to tinker with on that gear set.

EDIT: oh, and has anyone gotten any Reclaimer gear yet? I have not gotten one single piece, nor have I seen anyone else in any group I've been in gotten any.

I have two Reclaimer pieces that I got from the underground. From the description I think it's going to be a powerful support-role set, really useful for the group. I tried a 4 piece BLIND set last night and wasn't too impressed. Back to Tanktician for me :)

I got a firecrest set, although with shitty stats. was not impressed. does not trigger on explosions that result in burning. probably to be effective you will need a fire turret...

B
I got a firecrest set, although with shitty stats. was not impressed. does not trigger on explosions that result in burning. probably to be effective you will need a fire turret...

That's a bummer, I was thinking about that set. Maybe the Devs will fix it to include all sources of fire, but even then it seems too situational to be used anywhere but in a Squad that has another player running Reclaimor.

They haven't come out with a set since Striker / Sentry that really piqued my interest, but I am glad they are making sets that promote teamplay and coordination... not to mention diversity. I just wish they all weren't so dependant on being in specific circumstances. It's a lot of grinding for something that only benefits you 30-40% of the time. Maybe I'm just not creative enough.

its like the tactician set, damn, that is awesome, all the time after it gets the buff. the others are kind of meh. I gotta think they are going to nerf tacticians so as to get people to play other sets. I mean they could buff some of the other sets but they have not been known to buff anything. Well, they did fix weapons somewhat. their game design is just all over the place and not well thought out, play tested. got a ton of g36s, one with heal on crits which is what I was looking for. that is pretty sweet. The UG level bonuses, way too many have been handguns and the same variants of weapons/gear. The other problem with gearsets is... you get kind of locked in, since it is somewhat rare to get a piece that can be tweaked to fit in.

Frrak was talking about this earlier when we were doing Underground. It might be faster just to do the Hard missions if you want to rank up faster. Some guys just aren't prepared for challenge missions. I was just doing some random matchmaking and one group I was in died right away. Join up with another group and we completed I think 2 out of 4. It really does take coordination.

The best part about doing it is just ranking up to get the Underground cache. At least you have a chance to get a 268 or even 229 weapon from those. I haven't seen any 268s from the bosses or even mission rewards yet.

jiminator the Devs said a while back that each activity will drop a certain set and / or weapon more than others, so if players want a specific set they can play that particular event. Falcon Lost drop Tachticians and one other set more than others, HVT's drop Lone Star, etc. They are not limited to those items so people are not forced to play something they don't like to get an item they are after, they will just deal with less chance of getting it.

I imagine UG just favors all the new stuff for now. Hopefully it evens out, but who knows. A lot of this is trail and error for Massive it seems, but they appear to have good intentions.

Frrak was talking about this earlier when we were doing Underground. It might be faster just to do the Hard missions if you want to rank up faster.

It is the sweet spot for xp rewarded vs time invested. Plus it scales, so it can be soloed when you don't have a squad or only have time for a quickie. ;)

EDIT: To be fair, I still think GS231+ DZ05-06 is the most efficient, but not as solo friendly.

Last edited:
Well, I just tried the G36 during a few challenge mission runs in Underground, and I am on board with it. It's great for PvE because of the enemy armor damage built in. Pretty accurate too, doesn't jump around much. Fantastic with someone running smart cover as well. A group of us just flew thru the challenge missions. I'm almost at rank 20, I want to see what the 2 phase gets you.

Yeah I got a 229 G36 my first night playing the underground. It's fantastic.

I think I am going to have to give up the tactician build. just experimenting with pieces yesterday, got to 160/513/23. I miss the skill power overcharging but damn that tankiness is pretty sweet. I do a lot of solo also, so tactician is not effective then.

I think I am going to have to give up the tactician build. just experimenting with pieces yesterday, got to 160/513/23. I miss the skill power overcharging but damn that tankiness is pretty sweet. I do a lot of solo also, so tactician is not effective then.

Nice stats! My tactician build is currently at 140/460/32, it's definitely tough to swap to a 'less tanky' loadout. You're right it's not a good solo player build. I always run in a group unless I'm just messing around gathering HVT Intel.

You both make me sick. I have a good piece here and a good piece there, but nothing I can make a full build out of to replace my old 4 Striker / 2 Sentry build. The closest I have is a 3 FireCrest / 3 Blind build, but there are too many things that need rerolled to even match my current 220 / 430 / 23 build.

You both make me sick. I have a good piece here and a good piece there, but nothing I can make a full build out of to replace my old 4 Striker / 2 Sentry build. The closest I have is a 3 FireCrest / 3 Blind build, but there are too many things that need rerolled to even match my current 220 / 430 / 23 build.

Damn! Your stats are pretty awesome. Didn't they nerf strikers pretty heavily this last patch?

Guys, don't throw away your Firecrest pieces. I know it doesn't sound sexy, but look at 3 piece Firecrest: 100% reload. If you're not wasting 2 seconds or more reloading, you're pumping more into some enemies face. I used with 2 Sentry (or Strikers, or really any 2 piece that you want) and I happened to get an awesome 229 Savage gloves for a drop. So I used that too. I was doing Heroic runs in Underground with that build. It's pretty fun. Try it out.

Frrak and I were doing some Heroic runs earlier today with a couple randoms. It seems like people don't want to try that yet, because it took us a while to find people on matchmaking. It's really not that much different from challenging, but as always your biggest threat are those shotgun guys. Holy hell, do not let them get close to you. You need to CC them and just focus fire on those dudes first, and then the rest you can just assault from afar. Smart cover helps a lot here too.

Later on I matchmade with some guys who had the 4th directive unlocked, which is Special Forces (enemies get special ammo based on the faction). It is extremely difficult with 4 directives unlocked. We had 2 phases enabled. We got thru the first phase, but we all died somewhere in the middle of the second phase. It wasn't completely a waste. We had one of those crates which actually dropped 3 items, with at least 1 268 piece, sometimes 2. And then boss we killed at the end of phase 1, at very least a 229 item. But heroic mode is very doable with no directives attached. Just remember to control those shotgunners because they rush at you.

So yeah, I'm at level 24 already in Underground. It's only going to get slower to rank up now. I think most of our complaints are that Undergound mostly drops Firecrest and Blind pieces. It's fun for now to play. We just wish all pieces would drop at an equal rate.

Damn! Your stats are pretty awesome. Didn't they nerf strikers pretty heavily this last patch?

Thanks. Yes, they did change Sentry and Striker to require 5 pieces to get their full benefit. I lost 43% of my CHC and abouot 155% CHD with this patch. Sucks, but I still like my DPS builds. I just have to rethink this one. I may do 5 Strikers and Savage gloves, haven't decided yet.

--

So I managed to get my 2 alternate characters to max gear score (255), which means all 268 gear and a 229 weapon in each weapon slot (including Pistol). I haven't tried either of them yet, but don't bee surprised if you see me without my usual dude. One is my Tanktician, who is 4 Techtician / 2 Final Measure @ 130 / 470 / 33 (still needs tweaking). The other is 3 FireCrest / 3 Blind @ 160 / 440 / 22 (also needs tweaking). I am out of tools for crafting, but both of these would be better if I could craft some Firearms and Stamina mods with Skill Power on them. I thought about building a tanky PvP set out of 4 Blind (cannot be blinded) and 2 Final Measure (50% EDR), but then I remember I never set out to PvP. It would be nice to laugh at a whole Squad that couldn't kill me though. :sneaky:

It is actually kind of amusing because my main is still only GS 237. Striker seems to be the least likely to drop set out there. I haven't seen one since 1.3 landed. I've picked up some Sentrys, but no 268 Strikers.

After doing a host of recalibrating, I've discovered it is much easier to hit the 75% armor cap with 268's, which is great because items that roll really high in Skill Power, like the Backpack (over 7k) and Mask (over 6k, pretty sure), can be re-rolled for those instead of Armor. You need near the armor max on the Vest to do it (1800-ish), but it allows builds other than Techtician to have decent Overdose and skill regen, especially if you can stack it on all your gear mods.

I still need to get my toughness up on my second character, running around DZ with 148000 isnt easy

Why the fuck would they nerf SMGs ? sure they were powerful but no crit chance makes them totally useless right now.... oh and i got stuck at a damn ladder in the underground dlc.. stupid bug game...

http://i.imgur.com/lLLuI6o.jpg

Why the fuck would they nerf SMGs ? sure they were powerful but no crit chance makes them totally useless right now.... oh and i got stuck at a damn ladder in the underground dlc.. stupid bug game...

http://i.imgur.com/lLLuI6o.jpg

Same thing happened to one of our guys, stuck half way down what had to be the shortest ladder in the game. We wiped trying to figure out how to get him off it.

^ There's also that ladder bug in the S&D Times Square sewer, same thing happened to me.

Also, critical S&Ds have been buggy too. I show up at the waypoint and nothing happens. It doesn't matter which safe house has the mission.

More good info:

Time to tweak my weapon mods a little and do some tests.

Ha I just spent weapon kit rolling the stability talent on my G36 because I've always liked adding stability to AR's. Guess I'll have to roll a different talent and rely on weapon attachments instead. Thanks for the video man.

ah, that moment when....
holster for your gearset and it is better (or can be made better) in every way than what you had
yPSAoFN.jpg

also, as a FYI, some people are reporting 2-stat (and no-stat) gloves, something to look for

this is from heroic mode underground, a boss drop

One other thing in the video above, his requirement is for a caduceus. Has anyone ever had a caduceus drop? I have never seen one.

Last edited:
also, as a FYI, some people are reporting 2-stat (and no-stat) gloves, something to look for

this is from heroic mode underground, a boss drop

One other thing in the video above, his requirement is for a caduceus. Has anyone ever had a caduceus drop? I have never seen one.

I got two-stat gloves last week from the underground, first time I had seen that. Also I got a Caduceus from Bullet King way back when.

Back