The Division - officially announced for PC!

Also another thing, I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier:

Equip Police Backpack: 75% ammo
Equip Chest w/ ~40% ammo
Equip any 2 other Lone Star: 100% ammo

Restock with around +215% ammo, then change back to your normal set.
This level of juggling though... haha. It's so silly but worth it.

The double UI bug was awful and I'm surprised I was able to play for as long as I did. I entered the settings menu and couldn't get out of it - Esc, B on the controller, everything. I Alt+F4 and then saw it was getting late so that's where I went.

If you join on a friend via the Uplay interface, it bypasses the bug. Also, as Jmaker stated, logging out and back has worked for some people as well. Either way, it is a debilitating bug that needs to be fixed sooner rather then later.

--

Here is the fastest method of clearing Clear Sky I've seen yet:

--

So Jmaker and I played with a guy last night who was a brand new 30. His GS was 15 (yes, 015) when we started. All we did was a few HVT, and the Search & Destroys surrounding them, and in a couple hours he was GS208 (we were dropping items for him too). Granted this is raw GS; random mis-matched set pieces and a 204 weapon with no min / maxing or descretion over talents, etc. Still, to go from a blue weapon to a 204; purple gear to 214 Set Piece items in a couple hours? The guy was stoked! It was fun to watch his excitement, and nice to have some new activities in the PvE area.

I've yet to his the 201+ DZ, but it's on my agenda. Hope to see you guys in there, because my usual solo tricks won't work in here, lol.

Also another thing, I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier:

Equip Police Backpack: 75% ammo
Equip Chest w/ ~40% ammo
Equip any 2 other Lone Star: 100% ammo

Restock with around +215% ammo, then change back to your normal set.

You Sir, are evil genious. I love it!! :ROFLMAO:

I'll be on to give it a shot tonight. I've been playing since launch and I'm only GS 188 or so, *sad trombone*.

Played last night for a few hours and had an amazing time. Paired up with a friend of mine and right away went on a bunch of search and destroy missions. Got enough tokens to wipe out the daily HVTs, only to lose to the hardest one. Interesting thing about those HVT missions is only the person in your group who gets the kill shot gets the Gear Set Drop. I kept getting the gear set drop on the first 2 we did, then I let me buddy do the 3rd one and he got it. Didn't try the new incursion yet, but will probably get on that tonight. Then we jumped into the DZ and right away we both got sealed caches, my buddy got purple and I got green cache. I then minutes later got a second green sealed cache from supply drop! I also got another couple of Gear Set drops from random named npcs in the DZ (this is DZ 201+ btw).

Only issue we had was the Daily and Weekly missions were not showing up, but there was so much other new or changed content that we didn't mind much.

In one short 2 hour span I was able to pick up 6 gear set pieces and a bunch of 182 level weapons (still waiting on my first 204). One of my gear set drops was a 240, I think it was one of the ones in the sealed cache. One group tried to cut the rope during our extraction, but it wasn't too hard to keep them from doing it, we sat back enough to keep shooting them and making them start over. We eventually killed them and extracted their items as well as they went rogue and folks came out of the woodwork to drop the hammer.

Dark Zone is a whole different animal now, hard as shit, even in DZ01. And I love it

I've been playing since launch and I'm only GS 188 or so, *sad trombone*.

We are going to get you there one way or another!!

Interesting thing about those HVT missions is only the person in your group who gets the kill shot gets the Gear Set Drop. I kept getting the gear set drop on the first 2 we did, then I let me buddy do the 3rd one and he got it.

In one short 2 hour span I was able to pick up 6 gear set pieces and a bunch of 182 level weapons (still waiting on my first 204). One of my gear set drops was a 240, I think it was one of the ones in the sealed cache. One group tried to cut the rope during our extraction, but it wasn't too hard to keep them from doing it, we sat back enough to keep shooting them and making them start over. We eventually killed them and extracted their items as well as they went rogue and folks came out of the woodwork to drop the hammer.

Dark Zone is a whole different animal now, hard as shit, even in DZ01. And I love it

I agree about the DZ being hard again. That has been refreshing!

We had a couple people try to cut our rope tonight, but 204 M44 with explosive rounds will drop almost anyone with one to two shots. No one succeeded. Can't say either one was trying very hard though. They just ran in right in front of us, no Survivor Link, no clearing us out first, just "aw, wth" and going for it. It did not end well for them.

I've picked so much loot from the DZ already, I've had to go back and deconstruct / sell anything in my Stash that was under 214 / Gear; 204 / Weapon. I've got a nice start on a 240 Predators Mark set, but I'd still rather have Sentry / Striker. Doesn't matter too much. We're having fun again, that is what's important.

I've been playing since launch and I'm only GS 188 or so, *sad trombone*.

I feel your pain, I'm only GS 178 and only have HE sets(163.182,and 1 204) and weapons and no turquoise(whatever the gear set color) sets either.

Haven't done either Incursion missions on hard or challenging mode. And don't really farm the DZ.

Seems like the matchmaking some random people are so hung up on GS rather than skill,etc.

Thanks Frrak!

Yeah I’ve also found that I’m not getting quality gear in the DZ yet so maybe behind the scenes they are locking you in with DZ rank. I’m going to have to do some serious grinding to get viable set pieces to get into the 201+ range.

That said: how many times have they had to “fix” daily missions already?

Frrak, what talents do you like best on your M44, or what should be the 'god roll' talents? Best mods for it?? I crafted 5 of them last night when I went back to base, and kept 1 with a Swift, Prepared, Destructive combo, with 168% headshot damage.

Don't worry Ghost, we'll gear you up. Last night we had a blast in the DZ, got a bunch of good stuff, but also lost some too to rogues.

TIP: look at every purple item dropped now as some are sealed caches which contain DZ creds and some div tech. I'll just sell the purples that come with those.

My favorites are the Emerald sealed caches, 1 Gear set item, like 4000 creds, and I think 7 gold div tech..

messing around with the high value targets. the game has really needed this. unfortunately for soloing the 10s don't advance you any, and with my clusterfuck of gear shit I run out of ammo/time/die before I get to the boss on the 15s. Good times.

messing around with the high value targets. the game has really needed this. unfortunately for soloing the 10s don't advance you any, and with my clusterfuck of gear shit I run out of ammo/time/die before I get to the boss on the 15s. Good times.
I think soloing the big HVTs isn't really optimal unless you are geared to hell with tons of ammo (or do jmaker's trick above, use the Lone Star set + Police backpack).

Frrak, what talents do you like best on your M44, or what should be the 'god roll' talents? Best mods for it?? I crafted 5 of them last night when I went back to base, and kept 1 with a Swift, Prepared, Destructive combo, with 168% headshot damage.

That's a little bit subjective and I'm hardly and expert, but I'll tell you what I like. For a DPS build I like Balanced (even nerfed), Brutal and Toxic. For a Tech build I'd try Brutal, Capable and Toxic. I certainly wouldn't turn away Deadly, Fierce or Self-Preserved either.

First off I use 2 marksman rifles. An M1A for PvE and a Custom M44 for PvP. The reason is Explosive rounds wreck players, but it doesn't reliably proc after the first shot on semi-autos. Bolt Actions on the other hand proc almost every round, making them absolute destroyers in PvP.

The Destrucitve talent is great for PvE (bypasses armor) but does not work on Players, so it us useless for a PvP rifle. Anything that can prevent a Player from running or using a Healthkit is great. These are Toxic (blinds with headshot) and Harmful (bleeds with HS), though Harmful doesn't seem to work as consistently. There are lots of good talents really, these are just the ones I prefer.

Yeah I’ve also found that I’m not getting quality gear in the DZ yet so maybe behind the scenes they are locking you in with DZ rank. I’m going to have to do some serious grinding to get viable set pieces to get into the 201+ range.

We need to get up into DZ05 & 06 to get the good stuff. The problem is you need a healthy squad and to be prepared for Rougues because it's a lot more crowded up there now the loot is good. Apart from that, if you have more then one character up to lvl 30, you can run the Incursions for the "first time each week" with multiple characters to max your loot drops.

Since both those options are kind of over the top for most players, we'll just keep chipping away at it until we scrap together what we want. I still have a long ways to go until I get what I'm after.

New Blueprints for the week: key take away is 204 M44 & lvl 32 Extended Mag

--

So last night Jmaker, Porter and I were wrapping up some time in the DZ. We had extracted some 'ok' loot and lots of caches when we finally got a Turquoise Cache each. We had just thrown them on the rope when 4 players rolled in and started setting up around it. It was obvious what was about to go down and I always seem to choke in these situations, so I calmly loaded up my M44 with explosive rounds and prepared for the feces to hit the oscillating air mover. In one swift action they Ult'ed, started cutting the rope, flash banged us and took two of us down before were could get a shot off. It was both infuriating and humiliating at the same time. We pursued them after since they were at Manhunt but to no avail. I ran into the 4 of them on my way back from the Checkpoint, pulsed and started unloading explosive rounds into them in the hopes of at least downing one or two. They just ran around infront of me, eatting my rounds like they were nothing, and then one shot sticky bombed me when I went to reload. I wanted to make them all explode into misty bits with the pure power of my geek rage, but thankfully that only works in the movies.

The thing is, they were coordinated, communicating and much better geared then us. They were tanky, stacking exotic damage resilience, and at least 2 were Tech heavy. They had us beat in every area. They didn't stand over us clapping, or rubbing in their victory, they just owned us, stole our stuff and moved on. I'm not justifying it, but after laying awake dwelling on it for way too long, I can admit there is a lot I can learn from them. And that is how I'm going to have to deal with Rogues from now on. If I can't beat them, learn from them and move on.

Of course it would be nice if I could find some decent gear, or a large enough crew to effectively go farm the areas where the good gear is, but whining about it gets me no where. For those who haven't seen it yet, there is a new alternative to the Sentry / Striker / Savage gloves DPS king. It's a 500k Toughness Tech build:

And it kicked our @$$es last night.

EDIT: Here is his Reddit post: 500k Thoughness, Skill Power Build For the 1.2 Patch. • /r/thedivision
Lots of good info in that thread!

Last edited:
How about a quadruple post from yours truly? Huh, do you love me? (Don't answer that)

So I started ironing out exactly what my ideal build would be, and in so doing found a handy little utilty from Reddit user Solfolango77.

The basis of this build is 3 Striker, 2 Sentry and 204 HE Gloves with the Savage talent. (FYI, HE 204 gear actually rolls higher then Gear Set 214) This will be my DPS build, I will likely fashion my Tech build after the video in my previous post, with some tweaks.

Here is my "ideal" build: BUILD - The Division Gear builder

It boils down to this-

Chest: Armor & Exotic Damage Resilience (EDR), Mod Slot
Mask: Crit Hit Chance (CHC) & EDR or Mod Slot
Knee Pads: Armor, Crit Hit Damage (CHD)
Backpack: Armor, CHD
Gloves: CHC, CHD, SMG Dmg
Holster: Armor, Mod Slot

Aiming for 35-40% CHC & 200+ CHD between weapon and gear; 350k Toughness between Stamina and maxed 75% Armor. 200k DPS would be nice, but this stat is so inaccurate I'm not too bothered. So long as weapons have good base stats & fair HS, CHC & CHD Mods, I'm good.

Anyway, constructive input and ideas are welcome. What do you think and what would you preferm

Yeah I was pissed because at the end of the night last night, I managed to get a gear set cache. I said to Frrak, let's just extract that and I was going to call it a night. But somehow those 4 guys automatically knew what I had on the rope and it got cut.

But today was another day! I've just been random matchmaking all day farming DZ6 and managed to get a bunch of 240 gear for once.

Frrak, we have to go to Dark Zone 6 or 5 to get the gear you want. And yes we need a full 4 man squad. Plus, it was so much fun battling the mobs. Not one rogue group up there today. We were cooperating with another group a couple times at Pit, and Q building. I never saw so much emerald drops.

And I found a build that was a ton of fun to use. I was using 4 piece Tactician's gear. I certainly don't have 500k toughness like that guy above. The only way I could get to 75% armor mitigation was to equip a 204 Vest w/ Robust. So I always need to be in cover to get max armor. Big deal right? No one is standing out in the open up there.

And the only Holster I had that had armor on it was a Final Measure holster I think I got yesterday with Frrak. And the other 4 pieces were Tacticians. The 4 Piece bonus works great because the group is always dealing damage during the fight. The mobs take time to finish off.

So I have basically no Firearms whatsoever. I've actually equipped 2 LMGs. The free talent on one is Predatory (regain 13.5% health over 5 seconds after a kill), and the free talent on the other is Skilled (headshot kills regain 10.5% signature skill resource). So If I use the sig, I'll switch to that weapon and TRY to get headshot kills to get that back faster.

And the 2 skills I was using was Tactical Pulse w/ damage and then the fun one was Seeker Mine w/ incendiary. So I'm always behind everyone with both my skills nearly up all the time, and the damage dealers taking out most of the mobs, while trying to help with my LMGs in the back. I have to say, it sounds boring, but it was so much fun.

So Frrak, you build your DPS and I'll try to work on this build and we can venture forth into the North side of the Dark Zone.

Last edited:
Yeah I was using a 4 piece tatctician's set last night. With enough skill power, damage pulse, and a 4 man squad it works great.

Edit: also after finishing up with you guys last night I ran the DZ with a random group and got 2 green and 2 yellow caches. Not bad.

Last edited:

i got two Hungry Hogs tonight in the DZ. I didn't know this weapon existed, had to google it :D

Frrak, we have to go to Dark Zone 6 or 5 to get the gear you want...

So Frrak, you build your DPS and I'll try to work on this build and we can venture forth into the North side of the Dark Zone.

We had a good night last night didn't we? I hadn't seen that many 240 since launch, lol. I was amazed at how lucky we were getting with matchmaking randoms and empty servers. We eventually ran into some Rogues, but the number of times we were side by side with other squads and nobody purposefully ran in front of our fire or tried to sticky bomb us. I never relaxed completely, but it was cool.

Glad you're having fun with your new gear, that makes all the difference between looking forward to a game, or dreading the grind. I got enough pieces to start piecing together my next set. My Toughness took a nice leap, but I lost a fair amount in CHC & CHD. I'll have to do some testing tonight, but I've been using the same gear since the first week of 1.1, so it was nice to finally try on something else. I only have the Striker 4 piece bonus so far, I'm missing a Sentry Backpack to round out my set. Even then, some of the pieces have minor junk stats I'd like to improve on, but they are good enough for now. I'm still trying to roll the perfect Savage gloves, but I've a decent pair in reserve in the meantime.

I definitely need to figure out how to get my CHC & CHD back up there. I was at 36% CHC & 221% CHD, now I'm at 21% CHC & 148% CHD. So much for being a DPS build, lol. My headshot damage went through the roof though. It's over 240% now. Maybe I should swith to a Marksman focus. :p

Yeah if you get your crit hit chance up as high as possible every shot you land can be a critical hit with my pulse being capped at 40%CHC and 100%CHD. Good times.:)

my build is currently a mishmash of junk. Gonna try to make a tacticians build, just seems to be a long way off. It is all a balancing act trying to get there because you have to survive and deal enough damage to be useful. survival on the current build is ok, damage, not so much. we got rogued last extract. someone dropped a gearset. I just had junk. High end is now junk. :)

Yeah that was very disappointing. So much loot on the ground. I don't know where they came from.

I really like the Tacticinas set. Today I was using 3 Tacticians and 3 Final Measure. I would say try to get at least 2 Final Measure pieces for the 50% exotic damage resilience.

Everyone complained about not having enough Div Tech and getting too many crappy performance mods. I now have over 700 gold tech and like 30 electronics.

Experimenting with a tanky build. Got to 74% armor. 337k toughness. And with healing guns it is very potent. Don't do much damage (117k) but it is much harder to "screw up". I think I like it. Also finally replaced the 132 healing rifle I had been using forever. Found a healing AK and it is much more effective at range than SMG (duh) :)

my build is currently a mishmash of junk. Gonna try to make a tacticians build, just seems to be a long way off. It is all a balancing act trying to get there because you have to survive and deal enough damage to be useful. survival on the current build is ok, damage, not so much. we got rogued last extract. someone dropped a gearset. I just had junk. High end is now junk. :)

I was amazed at how much nice gear I accumulated in just one night of farming DZ05-06 in the GS 201+ zone. Results vary of course, but it was encouraging. I have a ways to go as well, but only to getting better versions of the gear I have now, not so much just finding pieces to build a good set.

I've also stopped tweaking each piece as I get it, instead waiting until I have a full set so I can calibrate the lot to suit my overall needs. I kept ending up being over weighted in Firearms or Stamina, and too weak in another. Unless a piece is 240 and has near max capable armor or best case stats, I'll sell / deconstruct / giveaway. It's nice to be able to be this picky.

im up for some farming tonight. Need to complete a Set and get a better SMG.

im up for some farming tonight.

Ditto. I still need a 240 Sentry Backpack with decent stats to complete my initial set. I need mats too, so I can start trying to roll a better Aug. My Vector is 25% CHC with decent base damage, Brutal & Deadly, so I've had a tough time giving it up. However the 20 round Mag is limiting even with 104% Extended Mag. When you consider I could have all that plus better stability on the Aug with a near 60 round Mag, there is no reason why I shouldn't be trying.

This video is roughly what I'm after, though I'd settle for 40% CHC & 200% CHD (before set bonuses). My Vector was getting 100+k Headshot Crits with Pulse with this setup before my latest set.

Well found a hella nice Backpack end of the night last night, so I was stoked. While tinkering I noticed my mask was still a 214, so I'll be on the hunt for a 240 Striker next, plus a better replacement for my Sentry Holster. Then I need to buy and craft some better Gear mods for those last couple Armor percentages and I should be good for this set. Still after the "god roll" on an Aug and M1A, but I'm about out of weapon parts after yesterday's attempt.

Oh the grind... but at least 1.2 has made it feel attainable again. I don't mind it so much now.

Well found a hella nice Backpack end of the night last night, so I was stoked. While tinkering I noticed my mask was still a 214, so I'll be on the hunt for a 240 Striker next, plus a better replacement for my Sentry Holster. Then I need to buy and craft some better Gear mods for those last couple Armor percentages and I should be good for this set. Still after the "god roll" on an Aug and M1A, but I'm about out of weapon parts after yesterday's attempt.

Oh the grind... but at least 1.2 has made it feel attainable again. I don't mind it so much now.
I gotta get in and join you guys. jmaker and I had a quick burst yesterday morning and I was able to squeeze into 201 :)

The Dark Zone is actually fun again since 1.2. Is there an easy way to make an all out stamina/tank gear person? Rushing in to some of those supply drops to capture them quickly is suicide even with survivor link.

The one in NW dz6 is utter chaos. There's no flanking it plus you have the mob with the sniper to the north of you. Some other crew managed to secure that one yesterday.

Are you guys doing any [H] groups? I pug as much as possible but would like to find regular people to play with.

Are you guys doing any [H] groups? I pug as much as possible but would like to find regular people to play with.

Pretty much every person that's posted on this last page still play regularly. I know it's dwindled a lot since launch but a few of us diehards still play most nights. Hopefully the latest update brings more people back into the fold.

I still play with randoms sometimes. And there's people that I've added from the randoms to my list that I still play with sometimes. But yeah it's cool playing with familiars so you can each complement each other's playstyle like Frrak and I have been doing lately. He's been trying to for pure damage/dps and I've been trying to get a skill guy powered up.

Is there an easy way to make an all out stamina/tank gear person? Rushing in to some of those supply drops to capture them quickly is suicide even with survivor link.

The one in NW dz6 is utter chaos. There's no flanking it plus you have the mob with the sniper to the north of you. Some other crew managed to secure that one yesterday.

Unless you're over 500K Toughness and stacking Exotic Damage Resilience, I don't think there is one build working better then another. I've been trying to at least take down any Heavys &/or Snipers, then running to the chest, popping Overdose and Survivor Link. This has gotten me through most situations. I'm about 350k Toughness with only 14% EDR.

--

Add any of us, we have a group of about 4-6 that are on regularly and as long as we have room, will gladly Squad up with you.

These are the guys I still see playing:

[H] Name - Uplay Name
aeonrevolution - aeonrevolution
ghostwich - ghostwich
Frraksurred - Frraksurred
Kvothe - TheKurgan57
jmaker - jmaker
Smutacus - TomcatTech
jiminator - jiminatorX
Porter_ - AnArrogantMoose
Arr4ws - Arr4ws

Last edited:
Here's what Im running so far, its sort of a mess. Mostly equipping what greens I have to boost my gear score.

CUCdGBb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CUCdGBb.jpg

Ubisoft name is J3ST3RM4A3

Last edited:
Add any of us, we have a group of about 4-6 that are on regularly and as long as we have room, will gladly Squad up with you.

These are the guys I still see playing:

[H] Name - Uplay Name
aeonrevolution - aeonrevolution
ghostwich - ghostwich
Frraksurred - Frraksurred
Kvothe - TheKurgan57
jmaker - jmaker
Smutacus - TomcatTech
jiminator - jiminatorX
Porter_ - AnArrogantMoose
Arr4ws - Arr4ws

Sounds good. I"ll add you guys in game. I'm under El__Nacho. I'm just now starting to fill out my gear. Sitting at 200 GS with my weapons only being 182

GS is a little deceptive. you can be capped on that and have a shit build if the pieces are mismatched. The 50% EDR is pretty key now for PvE, maybe PvP. There are a few videos here on how to get to 500k toughness but you have to sacrifice something, either damage or tech. With tech you can compensate somewhat with tacticians authority. It can be slow going getting there though.

Been a lurker at this forums for a while, decided to join in.

I've been concentrating of maintaining a higher skill power, which has been suitable since I never go into the DZ (nobody to group with + unsuccessful matchmaking).

As of now (can't post links) I have:

186 GS - 3 piece Tactician - 61% Armor

129,594 DPS @ 2220 Firearms

186,330 Tougness @ 2379 Stamina

29,644 Skill Power @ 1659 Electronics

The major gripe I have is that I wish weapon talents that are focused on Skills were based on Skill Power not Electronics or that Tactician gear boosted Electronics score rather than just adding to Skill Power. Reason being is I have a Vector that would complement a high skill power but I lack electronics to enable the talents.

I am looking to be more of a "gear in the rear" player than be on the front lines. I may have to start fresh to try and get a higher skill power via electronics rather than gear attributes.

eh, just add everyone as friends from the list above. we all do the same thing in the DZ, roam, killing bosses, looking for loot and avoiding rogues when possible. The more the better. I am guessing you need to get your armor up. That means to get/craft all your mods to include armor. That will make a big deal in toughness,

I will add you guys later on today but warning I have a low gear score which is only 176!

95k DPS(163 m4 is why its so low) 217k toughness and 10k skill

Right now I'm just doing S&D missions to gather intel points for HVT/HRT group missions

Uplay: Agent_BauerCTU

Edit: I do have a mic but don't talk much.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with doing the intel missions. I think the cap is 99 so don't keep collecting if you're close to that amount.

I wasn't able to log in last night (wifey wanted to play Diablo) but I did get an hour or so in this morning (half-asleep) and joined randos in the incursion. They dropped after about 10 minutes. Sigh.

Back