The Division - officially announced for PC!

Well, just ran through the DZ for the last hour to finish off my weekly and I was pleasantly surprised. I'm not sure if it's because it was early but I was able to run through, get my objective and extract a few times without any mystical gankings. So maybe some of what they've done has worked.

Yeah, we only saw one group of hackers last night, and they didn't stay long. Didn't get close enough to get screen shots and report them.

--

I'm working on an alternate character for a bit today (Sat). Would welcome anyone who wants to help me power level through the missions.

I've been off and on working on an alt character too - running around the city is a lot of fun and I miss that.

Agreed. Hopefully future DLC will address this in some way. It would be nice to see Faye recover from her injuries some, maybe make an appearance on a mission or incursion. It would be nice if we had compelling reasons to go back out into NY, and not just the DZ. There is so much detail and nuance that is just run past after you hit lvl 30.

Speaking of 30, I'm nearing it with my third character with #4 in tow. It occured to me I could be getting 4 pieces of 240 gear a week, instead of one. Motivation of sorts. At the same time, I have to admit it has been nice having the missions be difficult again, drops meaning something again, steady progression for your efforts. Massive really needs to make drops and crafting equally relevant and rewarding again. If they do not, the bugs, glitches and hacking are going to drive even their hardcore away before much longer. If their only answers to the issues are more nerfs I think they are going to be in trouble. Let's hope they are listening better than that.

At this point I'm sorry to say that I've lost all interest in TD. Even more so now that the next BF is imminent.

Imo, TD would have been a much better game if the entire city east of the DZ was a PVE only focused version of the DZ with neighborhood bosses and gangs.

DZ is only full of hackers and cheaters and its nice to see they put zero effort to even bother banning all who destroy for us that play legit..

As of now pretty much every hacker should be gone.

The hackers may be thinned out but the griefers are back in full force no matter how many times I logged in and out last night I couldn't get away from 3 and 4 man teams of rogue players that just descended on me and my buddy last night the worst part was we weren't carrying any infected gear at all we were just grinding for XP and DZ funds/. As a lot of people have said before the end game is broken and it forces you to deal with scenarios that are not fun in HOPES of getting better gear.

The hackers may be thinned out but the griefers are back in full force no matter how many times I logged in and out last night I couldn't get away from 3 and 4 man teams of rogue players that just descended on me and my buddy last night the worst part was we weren't carrying any infected gear at all we were just grinding for XP and DZ funds/. As a lot of people have said before the end game is broken and it forces you to deal with scenarios that are not fun in HOPES of getting better gear.

Yea, the hackers are def thinned out. I can agree to the griefers though. We were a group of 4 look for/to go rogue(s), we kept going back in forth with one team.....was essentially a battle of who had their Signature Ability ready to go. I am guessing they invited some of their buddies into the same server. They were running with 8 and continually followed us and trying to make us go Rogue rather than having a 4v4 like it was before. Obviously no chance at 4v8, but they insisted on following us around.

I've been on both sides of this fence. Typically I avoid going Rogue and only confront Rogues when I have too. When I'm with my clan however I am rarely the leader and it all depends on the group's mood. These are all GS210 or higher players (some 220+) that are simply bored looking for a challenge that isn't 40 tedious minutes of boring Incursion grind.

Even these guys are getting fed up with most PvP experiences being little more than a gankfest. They enjoy a good, even fight, light anyone would. But our current system rarely presents that, so they Rogue hunt, go Rogue, and gank if there's nothing else to do. I'm not trying to justify it. I don't tend to play long on these nights because I just don't enjoy the gank.

A lot rests on this next patch and how they choose to shape the gameplay in the near future. Player's patience has already been worn thin, and even us die hards are having second thoughts. A good night doing whatever with you guys makes it all worth it most the time, but other games near release. If Massive wants to keep its player base, they are going to have to make the game worth playing. For me that means more rewarding drops, less RNG crafting, equalized DZ, effective anti-cheat / glitch measures, and more creative end game content... at a minimum.

I truly want this game to succeed, and I'll have some patience for it, but I won't wait 6 months or more for it. Listening to them talk, it sounds like they are on the right track, but then 40% of what they actually implement goes completely against what they say, so time will tell.

I bought a copy of TD for my brother a few weeks ago, but he was way behind in progress so he didn't want to team up with me at the higher level. In the last week or so I've been playing less, but he's leveled up to 29 in the mean time. Finally spent some quality time running the DZ with him and setting him up with gold drops. This game is fun as hell when everything is going right. We even ran into multiple groups of 4 without getting attacked, which surprised the hell out of me. I'm sure they'll get this game right if they're given ample time.

Last edited:
I bought a copy of TD for my brother a few weeks ago, but he was way behind in progress so he didn't want to team up with me at the higher level. In the last week or so I've been playing less, but he's level up to 29 in the mean time. Finally spent some quality time running the DZ with him and setting him up with gold drops. This game is fun as hell when everything is going right. We even ran into multiple groups of 4 without getting attacked, which surprised the hell out of me. I'm sure they'll get this game right if they're given ample time.

Yep, myself and two other RL buddies are having an absolute blast. We don't care about any competitive bit in the DZ. We mostly go in for the weekly assignments now or just to mess around and grab a rare supply drop. When we get one-shotted or just legit rolled it's like, meh; whatever. We run the challenges as three man teams in 20 minutes and don't bother with a fourth man and likely to move into Hard Incs the same way or maybe pick up a matchmade character. We catch a bug here and there and just work around it. We just don't take it seriously enough to worry about all the problems. Frame of mind has a lot to do with it.

Really sorry to see there's so many people pissed to the point of not being able to enjoy it, I do get it; I certainly played other games at that focus level. It's especially unfortunate when Massive seems so lost on many issues.

Well, look what I found here just lying on the ground. Just in time for them to patch out Balanced....errr make it more balanced, or whatever they're doing to the weapons.

EDIT: damn, dont' know why I can't link an image. I found an M1A with balanced on it. I will be trying that out until patch to see what everyone's been talking about.

I have yet to play the Incursions without my game crashing with SLI. Does anyone have a fix for that?

I have yet to play the Incursions without my game crashing with SLI. Does anyone have a fix for that?

I'm also running SLI (2x 980 Ti's @ 4k 60hz) but thankfully have not had a problem so far. What is your setup and what have you tried so far?

Crazy how many people have stopped playing.

Q: Am I able to lower my DZ bracket if I equip lesser gear? I am having a hard time joining groups at DZ 161+ because my gear score is less than 200 (keep getting kicked).

Crazy how many people have stopped playing.

Q: Am I able to lower my DZ bracket if I equip lesser gear? I am having a hard time joining groups at DZ 161+ because my gear score is less than 200 (keep getting kicked).

You can, you've just gotta make a storage character. Get them out of Brooklyn and to the BoO and then send them your gear for them to keep in their backpack.

Or you know, just find some of us. I'm only 180-182 depending on loadout and haven't been shunned by any [H] 'ers yet.

i guess people are hitting a content wall. There is a lot to do in this game , but at 20hours im just a level 23 (i play slowly) and did just 1-2 hours or DZ.

the added DLC should bring lots of content

i guess people are hitting a content wall. There is a lot to do in this game , but at 20hours im just a level 23 (i play slowly) and did just 1-2 hours or DZ.

the added DLC should bring lots of content

I don't think it was a content wall as much as the core reward-feedback loop kind of sucked. Even going up to 30 I don't recall getting enough of the loot drops to make the near-constant running back and forth worth it.

I don't think it was a content wall as much as the core reward-feedback loop kind of sucked. Even going up to 30 I don't recall getting enough of the loot drops to make the near-constant running back and forth worth it.

This completely. I understand the nature of RNG but right now there's no incentive to bother hunting for drops. Everything is too low GS so crafting is still the way forward, but factor in the crafting mat requirements and it takes forever to get something even remotely considered an upgrade.

right now there's no incentive to bother hunting for drops.

it may be misplaced faith, but i have faith they'll keep evolving the game to the point that drops will be rewarding. last week i picked up a pretty nice HE holster (GS 204) in the DZ but other than that it's been mostly mediocre stuff (just about all of which was GS 163, a couple GS 182 pieces). i think i'm ready to bring up an alt character. so for me the game will feel fresh for a while and that'll probably take me up to the DLC.

Yeah, the thing I find more aggravating than anything is the crap the DZ drops give. Other than the HEs got get off the guard boss, it's probably going to be purples that you get. That alone is all the disincentive I need to bother. Then just knowing that I need to get to DZ 75 for the good BPs really makes it difficult to get excited for more than what I've got.

it may be misplaced faith, but i have faith they'll keep evolving the game to the point that drops will be rewarding.

Agreed. I've gotten both frustrated and bored with the state of the game currently, but it is still early all things considered. There is much yet to come, and still hope for positive changes.

In the interim I'm using the time to work my alts up to 30. I've 3 done, thanks to some help here and there, and the last up to lvl 24. Getting there little by little, but it will have me poised to make the most out of any future improvements, provided they do not eliminate shared stash.

Agreed. I've gotten both frustrated and bored with the state of the game currently, but it is still early all things considered. There is much yet to come, and still hope for positive changes.

In the interim I'm using the time to work my alts up to 30. I've 3 done, thanks to some help here and there, and the last up to lvl 24. Getting there little by little, but it will have me poised to make the most out of any future improvements, provided they do not eliminate shared stash.
They've got to make all of the stashes bigger, it's ridiculous how tiny it all is. As it stands you're already leaving the DZ way too frequently to clear out the trash you collect, and then the shared portion is barely larger than a backpack.

I'm convinced it's sheer hubris that gave the developers blinders - they just had to look over to Diablo 3 and it could have saved us all from a lot of the pain and suffering.

Has anyone else noticed how odd the enemy toughness is in this game? Yesterday my son and I were running around in the DZ and it was pretty empty so we ventured into the level 32 area and we were just shredding all the level 32 yellow enemies with full shields so we thought great we can do challenging now.... WRONG! The enemies are just bullet sponges and toss grenades like there is no tomorrow; we did beat the mission but it took 30 minutes and the reward was not worth the frustration but it felt good finishing the mission.

Has anyone else noticed how odd the enemy toughness is in this game? Yesterday my son and I were running around in the DZ and it was pretty empty so we ventured into the level 32 area and we were just shredding all the level 32 yellow enemies with full shields so we thought great we can do challenging now.... WRONG! The enemies are just bullet sponges and toss grenades like there is no tomorrow; we did beat the mission but it took 30 minutes and the reward was not worth the frustration but it felt good finishing the mission.

by 'challenging' do you me the incursion Falcon Lost on challenging? if so those enemies are level 34 and are much more difficult than level 32 enemies.

Looks like the next Incursion will involve the Rikers and disabling a SAM site for safe skies. Still requires a GS of 220, which I think is ridiculous. Of all the 240 I've gotten, most of it has been junk, worse then my average 214 pieces. They seem blind to what is actually driving their customers away, or maybe I'm just inpatient... or both.

Also, in the last State of the Game, Hamesh stated they are focused on "reinvigurating the PvE content" for 1.2. That would be a start.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-divisions-new-incursion-detailed-as-dev-teases/1100-6439447/

by 'challenging' do you me the incursion Falcon Lost on challenging? if so those enemies are level 34 and are much more difficult than level 32 enemies.

No I'm referring to the Challenging difficulty on the Lexington and Lincoln Tunnel missions. There were only 2 of us playing but man those guys just took punishment like no tomorrow.

Looks like the next Incursion will involve the Rikers and disabling a SAM site for safe skies. Still requires a GS of 220, which I think is ridiculous. Of all the 240 I've gotten, most of it has been junk, worse then my average 214 pieces. They seem blind to what is actually driving their customers away, or maybe I'm just inpatient... or both.

Also, in the last State of the Game, Hamesh stated they are focused on "reinvigurating the PvE content" for 1.2. That would be a start.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-divisions-new-incursion-detailed-as-dev-teases/1100-6439447/

I've given up until some things get fixed. I'll never have a GS that high.

The Division Player Base Collapsing?

I'm in this trend. I got a good 65 hours out of the game as is so I don't feel bad about it. We'll see what happens.

No I'm referring to the Challenging difficulty on the Lexington and Lincoln Tunnel missions. There were only 2 of us playing but man those guys just took punishment like no tomorrow.

Challenge mode, unlike the other difficulties, does not scale to group size. They are geared for a full squad of 4. This may be why they feel more spongey.

--

A good tutorial on how to get the highest, most consistent DPS... and it doesn't involve buffing your Firearms.

Frrak, are the 240 pieces really that garbage? I've completed the hard incursion now I think 3 or 4 times. That one is relatively easy with a competent group. Still not completed challenging yet.

I'm trying to get any 204 bps. I think there's only 4 currently? So I've been running dark zone as much as possible trying to get credits and any mats to extract. So please join me, because some random seem totally confused. Btw why is any 204 item so rare? It's easier to acquire a gear set piece.

Challenge mode, unlike the other difficulties, does not scale to group size. They are geared for a full squad of 4. This may be why they feel more spongey.

--

A good tutorial on how to get the highest, most consistent DPS... and it doesn't involve buffing your Firearms.

interesting video, thanks for the link. i'm not sure how well that would work for Falcon Lost as i've only really had success playing from the pit/trench. using smart cover down there would be worthless. i'm going to try out a skill power build on my alt character so i'll give this a try.

I enjoyed the fuck out of the original game but I just am not going to waste the time it takes to get to GS220.

How the fuck is it that the game has linear progression to level 30 then you smash into a wall where you have to take a sledgehammer to claw for each new bump in GS

The solo game disappears now you need to be part of a team to get anywhere, assuming you don't get kicked for having shitty gear

Back