The Division - officially announced for PC!

Do weapons with >200 GS drop from named enemies? I know they sell some in the DZ shops and they require DZ level 75 to purchase. I just want a nice assault rifle.

They do not seem to currently. Even level 32 enemies in the DZ and Challenge missions are only dropping GS 163 items, same as level 30 enemies. Supposedly they have a "chance" to drop higher level items, but I've never seen anything higher than 182. Incursions are the only exception, and that is for Gear Sets only.

It is being debated whether this is intentional or bugged. To my knowledge Massive has not commented apart from the "has a chance" comment.

Your best option at the moment is grind DZ rank to 75 and buy the First Wave M1A & Aug blueprints. It is contrary to everything they said prior to release (Supply Drops were heavily nerfed also), but that's where we are. The outrage on REDDIT and the official forums has been... vocal.

Last edited:
I believe that 182 anything is the max, excluding the new gear drops. The first wave sniper rifle... expires in some 30 hours

I believe that 182 anything is the max, excluding the new gear drops. The first wave sniper rifle... expires in some 30 hours

Thanks for the correction.

As I understand it GS 163 = 30, 182 = 31 and 214 = 32. The Gear Sets do drop 214 for hard mode Incursions and 240 for Challenge. Despite what they said in the Livestreams, level 32 weapons and HE gear does not currently drop from bosses (or the drop rates are so small we haven't seen them yet).

Oh, you can try. I've dumped 80+ rounds from my M-60 into a rogue and, literally, nothing happened to him. His shield never dropped. He then put a 5 round burst from his vector into me and dropped me.

I had my one hour clusterfuck of being hunted by four rogues who were just griefing me, and I never once came close to even injuring one of them. Backslid two DZ levels before I finally did what I should have done back when I used to be level 25 and just fucking quit playing the goddamned game.

I'm at 159 gear score now, gonna stay here at the top of that bracket for a while because once I hit 161 it's back to April 11th again, basically. Bottom of the stack, easy prey for every asshole who just wants to prevent someone like me from having any fun at all.

Now factor in that someone like me, with a full-time night shift job, wife and three young kids will have to grind out phoenix credits for over a week just to get the 900+ credits they're now asking for a gun that went for like 167 credits a few days ago, and going back to Destiny is looking like a great fucking idea. For shits sake, by the time I earn enough credits to get that gun I want, the dealer's stock has refreshed and the gun I ground away for isn't for sale anymore.

I don't know if it's luck or not, but 0-160 dz has been easy to farm especially the dz04-dz06 area. A buddy of mine just hit level 30 and we haven't had any issues in the 0-160 dz. We maybe saw 1 rogue group since the patch and they were on the other side of the map and the div tech crates have always been available. I equipped a level 4 pistol and it dropped my gear score to 160 (everything else being high end 182 gs) in order to play in the same dz as him.

Hrm, interesting. I have had a couple of drops in the DZ, also purchased gloves I think to get 2 of the nomad set. Those are 191. I also crafted a couple of striker pieces in base, they are 214.

BTW, there is an exploit for the challenge mission. Involves the first room where you see the tank. pop a mobile shield as you run between 2 cabinets on the windows and it may pop you outside. Then you use sticky explosives on the tank and combat health to recharge it. Takes a long time but the enemies never spawn. I was able to get in there but you need a full team to run through the health and recharge the grenades. Which I have to wonder if the health recharge is going to get nerfed.

I have had similar times in the DZ as PNut, in that I have lost about 5 levels now, (back to DZ31) due to people camping the entrances and safe houses. It seems to be pretty constant. Walk into the DZ, get blasted in the face by two/three/four people a few times until I rage quit. So now I have just been doing the dailies trying to get some gear. Have not had a single piece of yellow gear drop yet, only mods. I did buy the vector blue print and made a few of those, so now I have a yellow pistol, vector, knees and gloves. GS of 149....

Look, you really need to hang in a team. Look for the list of names and friend everyone there. There are always people on. Even so, you can solo the DZ if you take some precautions. I do it all the time, it is just a lot slower going. Simply never go to an extract where there are other people around. Use pulse to check. Start the extract and run away. Leave the mobs alone. They are a warning system. if you put your line in the right place you can extract as the mobs hang around the circle. Come back when countdown is near 0 and pulse again. If no people then you should have enough time. Overheal or perhaps survivor link and send your stuff out. Also... never talk to teams. You are harder to shoot when moving. :) Consider yourself a loot boss. As an individual there are a lot of benefits to killing you.

Does anyone know if blue prints are rotating out of the BOO vendor for tomorrow's vendor reset? I had planned on buying the Strikers gear blue prints but I won't be able to play until after the reset.

Look, you really need to hang in a team. Look for the list of names and friend everyone there. There are always people on. Even so, you can solo the DZ if you take some precautions. I do it all the time, it is just a lot slower going. Simply never go to an extract where there are other people around. Use pulse to check. Start the extract and run away. Leave the mobs alone. They are a warning system. if you put your line in the right place you can extract as the mobs hang around the circle. Come back when countdown is near 0 and pulse again. If no people then you should have enough time. Overheal or perhaps survivor link and send your stuff out. Also... never talk to teams. You are harder to shoot when moving. :) Consider yourself a loot boss. As an individual there are a lot of benefits to killing you.

I'll also add if you see that you got a really good drop and other people/rogues are around, just leave it on the ground, come back to it later. Loot stays around for a long time.

I have had similar times in the DZ as PNut, in that I have lost about 5 levels now, (back to DZ31) due to people camping the entrances and safe houses. It seems to be pretty constant. Walk into the DZ, get blasted in the face by two/three/four people a few times until I rage quit. So now I have just been doing the dailies trying to get some gear. Have not had a single piece of yellow gear drop yet, only mods. I did buy the vector blue print and made a few of those, so now I have a yellow pistol, vector, knees and gloves. GS of 149....

What DZ checkpoint are you entering at? I always enter at DZ04 or 05. No one is ever there.

Does anyone know if blue prints are rotating out of the BOO vendor for tomorrow's vendor reset? I had planned on buying the Strikers gear blue prints but I won't be able to play until after the reset.

They are supposed too, but if history serves, some will still stay. I'd be surprised if they pulled all the gear sets with the set prices as high as they are.

Someone created a timer map for the DZ. Pretty bad ass, imo.

Maximize Your Farming - Dark Zone Respawn Timers • /r/thedivision

The Division Agent: Interactive Map

im kinda confused. i clicked on a boss icon on the map expecting it to show the respawn time for said boss, but it doesnt show anything. what am i missing here?

[–]gamegenius86

On the sidebar, you need to click the stopwatch icon and click enable timers. Then once you click the boss icon (or landmark / collectible) a timer will be added to the sidebar.

It had to be done this way as there are other actions that can happen when clicking on an icon, such as drawing custom paths.

oh so you have to do it manually (ie. kill boss, set timer, wait for him to respawn)? i thought it would just show the respawn times for each boss...

Edit: dont take my comment as any kind of discredit towards your efforts. nice job on the site regardless.

[–]gamegenius86

Sadly because there are thousands of DZ instances out there, there is no way to programmatically determine which DZ instance you are in, then communicate to a game server to find out the respawn time.

However because it is a "manual" process, you are the only one who knows when they respawn, give you the edge over other agents in the DZ with you.

The "manual" process is just a single click on the marker (boss, landmark, or collectible) to add the timer. And then once its in the sidebar and the timer ends, it will remain there for 2 minutes with a "reset" button so you can reset the timer after you kill / collect it again. This means you dont have to find it on the map and click on it again.

They are supposed too, but if history serves, some will still stay. I'd be surprised if they pulled all the gear sets with the set prices as high as they are.

it'll be interesting to see. the items that dropped for me last night on Falcon Lost hard mode were GS 191 (or 196, don't recall). they were not above 200. so crafting may still be the way to go. well that and Falcon Lost challenge mode. despite their efforts it's still a crafting-centric game at the moment. still fun as hell though.

Hmmmm...

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4eqxaf/incursion_loot_farm_explained/

In the interest of transparency this is an explanation of the loot farm in Falcon Lost. It's not exactly a big secret but people are trying to keep it hush-hush. As with other loot exploits, the casuals will suffer the most. This is why I make this post: in the interest of openness.

None of what I'm about to write is in any way exaggerated. It is all 100% true and tested.

I really hope this doesn't get deleted.

• Falcon Lost mission on Challenging.
Estimated time:

• 30 minutes the first few times.
  • 20 minutes or less once you get efficient.
Rewards per run (yes, it's for real):

• 40 phoenix credits.
  • One gear set item with a gear score of 240.
  • One gear set item with a gear score of 214.
  • Various other drops (eg: crappy high-end, etc)
Requirements:

• Four players. You must have four people for this to be efficient.
  • Each player must have at least 36,000 skill power. Nothing else matters.
How to do it:

• At the start of the mission, bypass the NPCs in the tunnels. Simply use your Survival Link to get through. If someone goes down it's okay because they'll respawn once you enter the main arena. As long as one person makes it through you're fine.
  • After rappelling up the rope you will see a set of double doors. These doors will be your entrance to the arena. STOP once you enter these doors. Opening the doors will respawn your dead teammates if there are any.
  • Now that you've entered the doors, you must glitch through the walls. DO NOT trigger the part where the APC blows up the wall because that will trigger the first wave. There is a new way to glitch through walls using a mobile cover. I'll let you figure that out for yourself. Hint: It's the same way you do it at the Police Academy post-patch.
  • Once every team member has glitched through the wall, you will enter the arena. None of the NPCs will shoot you. The APC also will not shoot you. Nothing at all will shoot you even if it's there.
  • Run the APC at the back of the arena and blow it up with sticky bombs. This will take 20-30 minutes (or less!) depending on how efficient your team is. There are ways to make cooldowns and such very efficient but I'll let you figure that out for yourself. The information isn't exactly a secret anyway.
The big deal:

• Right after the APC blows up, everyone will see their gear set items drop. These gear set items are gear score 214.
  • As soon as you see the items drop, THREE members of the group must exit the game immediately. One member MUST stay behind and wait for the rest to reconnect.
  • When the three members return, their backpack will contain one gear set item with gear score 240. They will also be rewarded with 40 phoenix credits.
  • The one member left behind will not receive the phoenix credits or the 240 item. The group should cycle who stays behind on every turn.
  • All members can now collect the drops left behind near the APC by teleporting to the player left behind.
It doesn't matter if you completed the weekly challenge mode or not. Everyone who exits the game as soon as the loot drops (ALT-F4?) will receive the 240 gear set item AND 40 phoenix credits.

At 20 minutes per run. Bananas.

That is all.

So what is the new mobile cover glitch? I thought they fixed that in the patch. Does no one even test what they allegedly fix?

So what is the new mobile cover glitch? I thought they fixed that in the patch. Does no one even test what they allegedly fix?

i did it last night because one of the guys in the random group i joined was talking about a wall glitch. only 2 of us were able to get through the wall the other two couldn't figure it out. basically you end up in the room and the NPC's and APC completely ignore you. the idea is you stand behind the APC and blast it over and over with the sticky bomb until it's destroyed. i had no intention of completing it that way so i left the group after getting the gist of it. it seems like it would take just as long as running through the incursion (if not longer) on hard mode and it would be boring as shit. i suppose it could be handy for Challenge mode but i'm not going to partake. not taking the moral high ground here, i just don't want to short-circuit the very reason i keep coming back for more - grinding for more loot! the grind is fun for me.

I got a nomad 212 backpack drop in DZ06. Sadly it is weaker than the nomad 182 pack I had... and nobody wanted it. So they can happen, they are just extremely rare.

Yeah I was with ghostwich last night in the DZ and I saw that he picked up the Tactician's gloves. We were only in DZ01, must have been from a named boss on the street. He said he had high scavenging, something over 100%.

Jiminator, what's your scavenging at? Maybe that really does help.

I have 2 pieces of the nomad set + some minor scavenging, so only about 120. I question whether it actually does anything.

Oh, I see you said high scavenging. Well, most armor pieces can do 80% or so. I would not invest too much there.

lol why is everyone so obsessed with gear score? i get kicked multiple times a day trying to play the stupid falcon mission.. i have 175 should be enough for hard but no all ubers think they are so cool with 185 and look down on everyone that has below them.. i hate this game system so flawed now.

lol why is everyone so obsessed with gear score? i get kicked multiple times a day trying to play the stupid falcon mission.. i have 175 should be enough for hard but no all ubers think they are so cool with 185 and look down on everyone that has below them.. i hate this game system so flawed now.

yeah i've read about people doing that, it's comically dumb. it hasn't happened to me yet but it's bound to happen. some of the items i've equipped that raise my gear score definitely do not raise my actual effectiveness. i'd chalk it up to ignorant people with a false sense of superiority.

It's The Division's Gjallarhorn

Hmmmm...

Incursion Loot Farm: Explained • /r/thedivision

In the interest of transparency this is an explanation of the loot farm in Falcon Lost. It's not exactly a big secret but people are trying to keep it hush-hush. As with other loot exploits, the casuals will suffer the most. This is why I make this post: in the interest of openness.

None of what I'm about to write is in any way exaggerated. It is all 100% true and tested.

I really hope this doesn't get deleted.

• Falcon Lost mission on Challenging.
Estimated time:

• 30 minutes the first few times.
  • 20 minutes or less once you get efficient.
Rewards per run (yes, it's for real):

• 40 phoenix credits.
  • One gear set item with a gear score of 240.
  • One gear set item with a gear score of 214.
  • Various other drops (eg: crappy high-end, etc)
Requirements:

• Four players. You must have four people for this to be efficient.
  • Each player must have at least 36,000 skill power. Nothing else matters.
How to do it:

• At the start of the mission, bypass the NPCs in the tunnels. Simply use your Survival Link to get through. If someone goes down it's okay because they'll respawn once you enter the main arena. As long as one person makes it through you're fine.
  • After rappelling up the rope you will see a set of double doors. These doors will be your entrance to the arena. STOP once you enter these doors. Opening the doors will respawn your dead teammates if there are any.
  • Now that you've entered the doors, you must glitch through the walls. DO NOT trigger the part where the APC blows up the wall because that will trigger the first wave. There is a new way to glitch through walls using a mobile cover. I'll let you figure that out for yourself. Hint: It's the same way you do it at the Police Academy post-patch.
  • Once every team member has glitched through the wall, you will enter the arena. None of the NPCs will shoot you. The APC also will not shoot you. Nothing at all will shoot you even if it's there.
  • Run the APC at the back of the arena and blow it up with sticky bombs. This will take 20-30 minutes (or less!) depending on how efficient your team is. There are ways to make cooldowns and such very efficient but I'll let you figure that out for yourself. The information isn't exactly a secret anyway.
The big deal:

• Right after the APC blows up, everyone will see their gear set items drop. These gear set items are gear score 214.
  • As soon as you see the items drop, THREE members of the group must exit the game immediately. One member MUST stay behind and wait for the rest to reconnect.
  • When the three members return, their backpack will contain one gear set item with gear score 240. They will also be rewarded with 40 phoenix credits.
  • The one member left behind will not receive the phoenix credits or the 240 item. The group should cycle who stays behind on every turn.
  • All members can now collect the drops left behind near the APC by teleporting to the player left behind.
It doesn't matter if you completed the weekly challenge mode or not. Everyone who exits the game as soon as the loot drops (ALT-F4?) will receive the 240 gear set item AND 40 phoenix credits.

At 20 minutes per run. Bananas.

That is all.

Wow I tried this with a group of randoms, and I don't think they read that post, because no one ever exited the game and came back because I only got one gear set item. I had to google that mobile cover wall walkthrough. I've done it twice now and it's just random luck how I got it to work.

With 4 people it took about 30 minutes. Super boring though. I can't see myself doing that any more than once or twice. Everybody just uses self heal with the Triage talent so cool downs are fast for your sticky bombs. I'd rather just play the mission. They do need to fix that quick though.

Yeah I was with ghostwich last night in the DZ and I saw that he picked up the Tactician's gloves. We were only in DZ01, must have been from a named boss on the street. He said he had high scavenging, something over 100%.

Jiminator, what's your scavenging at? Maybe that really does help.

Yeah mine was %160+ due to some mods I had equipped (silly me, I thought I would prioritize that over stuff like, um, stamina/DPS :) ).

I definitely don't have enough PC to buy any of the good blueprints yet, and it seems daily missions/assignments are in my immediate future for the time being!

I've had terrible luck with Falcon Lost...probably 0 for 10 attempts. Really bad luck MM. The furthest I've gotten is wave 10 after about an hour and when that wiped we had two leave the team. I'm GS 180 FWIW, 135dps (vector)/120(AR-74), 74k health.

We need to have a [H] FL run. I still haven't completed it, so my weekly loot is still available.

so apparently people are exploiting the challenge and getting lots of 240 gear. The internets is in an uproar...

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1433695-Exploiting-now-the-norm-rather-than-the-exception?p=11605679&viewfull=1#post11605679 said:
We are working on fixing the exploit. Obviously it is against our Code of Conduct and the team is looking into what can be done in terms of punishment for those who have exploited.

If you want to review our Code of Conduct: Announcement Code of Conduct | Forums

I've been a filthy casual this week due to my racing schedule, I'll be looking for a farming group tonight. DZ or FL runs, I don't care. Hit me up guys!!

UPLAY = DolanPlayGams

Also, I can't talk in game or else my game crashes for some reason, if I use the mic the game crashes so don't be upset if I dont talk! lol

I've had terrible luck with Falcon Lost...probably 0 for 10 attempts. Really bad luck MM. The furthest I've gotten is wave 10 after about an hour and when that wiped we had two leave the team. I'm GS 180 FWIW, 135dps (vector)/120(AR-74), 74k health.

We need to have a [H] FL run. I still haven't completed it, so my weekly loot is still available.

Check out my previous post quoted below. May help you get through it if you're wanting to do it legit. Also, I still have friends who haven't done it, so don't be afraid to ping me and see if I'm up for a run or two.

Anyway, for anyone interested, here is my run down of how to get through one. If you don't want to be spoiled, move on.

1. There are 15 waves, you must clear them all. Though you can mostly skip the last one. I'll get to that later.
  2. If someone goes down and you cannot get to them, don't sweat it too much, they will respawn after the APC is bombed (only on Hard mode). If the whole squad wipes you start the whole mission over.
  3. The APC will fire a steady bevy of missiles at you. These are one hit kills, double dodge away from them asap. Apart from that Drones are your highest priority, Snipers and Shotgun rushers your secondary.
  4. The safest place in the room is up some stairs to the right of where you drop in at the start. There are some generators over there, gather in this area as the APC's missiles hit the ceiling and cannot hit you here. Be aware every few rounds an LMB will come through a door behind you. A siren at the door forewarns you.
  5. Every 4 or 5 waves is a bomb carrier, he has an orange diamond above his head. You need to kill him, take his bomb and prepare to put it on the APC. To do this, clear all but one of that wave, then go get the bomb. If you leave one, the next wave will not spawn until after you've set the bomb. If you kill them all, the next wave can spawn while you are setting it, making it extremely difficult.
  6. After you get the bomb, clear all but one of the wave, then split up. Two go to the room left of the APC, two go right. There are panels there that disable the turrents for 5 seconds. Coordinate and activates these panels AT THE SAME TIME. The person with the bomb should run to the back of the APC as they are almost done deactivating the turrents. Set the bomb and get ready to run.
  7. While the bomb is being set, the other 3 players need to run to the underground area in the middle of the room. This is the ONLY place you will be safe from the APC's barrage of missiles. The bomb setters should join them as soon as the bomb is set. Once the APC finishes its little fit of missiles, run back to the generators and get ready to do it all over again.
  8. Repeat these steps 3 times until you progress to the last wave. On the last wave you can cheese a little. Ignore the wave and just kill the bomb carrier. Pop you Survivor Link and go straight for the bomb. Someone will probably have to pop a second one for you to make it to the APC and set the bomb before the Turrets kill you. Once the APC goes down, the mission ends no matter how much of the wave is left. We found this to be the fastest way to get theough the mission as a whole.
Or just watch this:

Last edited:
My little group of friends tried Falcon Lost on Challenging after more or less getting Hard mode down pat. We couldn't even get through the tunnels (might have been overconfident) and left very quickly after wiping.

Now I read people are exploiting FL on Challenging and I just don't get it at all. It was the same way when I played Destiny with the Vault of Glass. VoG was incredibly fun and at times difficult. Playing it straight up was fun anyways. Then the exploits came and it was no longer fun. But we get loot so the end justifies the means!

edit: Forgot to ask, is anyone getting game crashes in this new incursion? I've been crashing quite often, but just in the incursion. Usually seems to be around the time the APC starts spamming rockets after planting the bomb. Not sure if it is SLI related, or some of the graphics settings.

Last edited:
Not that it's relevant to the incursion or anything, but if anyone wants the appearance stuff from the having Rainbow Six Siege, you can get it if you install the free weekend preview. It counts to unlocking it.

Also, I can't talk in game or else my game crashes for some reason, if I use the mic the game crashes so don't be upset if I dont talk! lol
Could always try discord or t/s. To be honest, I rarely use the in game voip outside of the occasional times I've played with other [H] members.

It looks they're fixing that Incursion exploit with a hotfix today:

[Changelog] April 15, 2016 Maintenance | Forums

Here is the list of changes that will be implemented with the hotfix on April 15:
Falcon Lost
  • Fixed an exploit where players could attack the APC without triggering new waves of NPC
  • Fixed a bug where the Weekly Reward for Falcon Lost was not granted correctly
Also Kvothe, thanks for the heads up on the Rainbow Six: Siege preview. I've been meaning to play it. Going to get the gear for The Division too.

I joined the server as soon as it was back up and went on a Div Tech rampage. Hit about 12 chests and I set timers using that map. I'll go back and recheck the first chest in about an hour and a half, then work the trot line. Cool as hell.

Back