The Division - officially announced for PC!

That's some lazy sounding shit right there......

Given what they have to go through to certify a client side patch on 3 platforms, not really. But, they still owe us 80-ish Phoenix Credits a day in missed opportunities, so I think some compensation should come with it for everyone who was active those days.

i was in dz for almost an hour a little bit ago and not one person.

Was it an empty server or were they doing the out of bounds rogue glitch? Guess that's getting pretty rampant. Two teams of rogues go outside and down each / revive until manhunt. Then wait out the timer. It's a % of DZXP bonus for surviving the manhunt, so it levels you up really quick.

I'm also an old school gamer, and I began this game feeling much the same way you do. I was drawn to the story, to the idea of being the good guys going back into to pull a city back from being swallowed up by evil. I avoided the DZ until I was level 30 and to this day have never gone Rogue on purpose (well once when I couldn't avoid being attacked). So, by and large I agree with you.

That doesn't mean I didn't farm Bullet King for a day, or Hornet for another day. That I don't make use of the backpack glitch to carry 20% more ammo & health packs. Why have I done this, because I hate wasting time, and I HATE getting Rogued. I've no real interest in PvP in this game, I don't go out wanting to go Rogue and typically only square off against Rogues when I have to or to support my squad. The inexperienced Rogues are not an issue, but they are also not the norm. Most the Rogues I run into are not accidental and not inexperienced. They are also using every advantage at their disposal, all the glitches I've mentioned, a few I'm aware of but have never tried... and likely a few I'm completely ignorant of. Does this make it right or "honorable? No. I won't even pretend I'm standing on the same moral ground you are lamenting. I do it to survive, to not hate the game before it gets fixed to the point these are less of an issue. Also, I would never do it to give myself an unfair advantage on an unwitting player. That may be the only thing separating me from the breed of Rogues I disrespect, but right or wrong, it's enough for me.

Yeah, the super rogues who glitched to near perfect gear are an issue because it went unchecked for so long. They should have been using a gear score system from the start to balance the DZ. From my understanding, those with the perfect gear from all of the farming will now be put into proper instances with other people with perfect gear, so they won't be able to down newbies like paper bags anymore. I think it'll slowdown the amount of people going Rogue.

The few times I've played in the DZ and killed by a Rogue, it was never for gear. It was to grief. I've yet to be Rogued to get my loot as I was carrying nothing at the time.

Last edited:
crafting is broken in the game, at an endgame stage it lacks "depth". if you take those 999 crafting materials, how many useful items would they generate? The answer is very few. I have crafted probably 100 items. You get "make do" shit but getting something you actually want is just rare. Pretty much all you are doing is blowing material and feeling stupid for doing it. so someone wants to exploit for materials that allows them to craft... shit.... more power to them.

There is a new trick BTW, involves a new mule character, getting a friend to run all the missions up to the helicopter transfer while you stay in base. Then they clear out post office. Voila, level 2 materials available, make liberators with the high character, sell for 40k with the mule then buy mats for 70-150 each. Still, just an ungodly amount of work considering how slow this game is to load.

There are some cool changes coming. It's cool that you will be able to spectate while down, and drop loot to others in your group.

crafting is broken in the game, at an endgame stage it lacks "depth". if you take those 999 crafting materials, how many useful items would they generate? The answer is very few. I have crafted probably 100 items. You get "make do" shit but getting something you actually want is just rare. Pretty much all you are doing is blowing material and feeling stupid for doing it. so someone wants to exploit for materials that allows them to craft... shit.... more power to them.

There is a new trick BTW, involves a new mule character, getting a friend to run all the missions up to the helicopter transfer while you stay in base. Then they clear out post office. Voila, level 2 materials available, make liberators with the high character, sell for 40k with the mule then buy mats for 70-150 each. Still, just an ungodly amount of work considering how slow this game is to load.

Yeah and how many HE weapons are there for which there are no blueprints? I was super pumped to get a gold M1A, and even then the talents were pretty crappy. Has anyone even seen a HE LVOA? I was doing the Police Academy run earlier and snagged a HE RPK, but again the talents were all garbage. I still get pumped when I see that gold beam, wondering what they dropped. I don't see it as cheating or dishonorable if someone found out how to use the mobile cover to glitch the door so you can roll through and skip most of that mission. I think it's clever people find these things out.

I have been in Alaska this last week for work, so I haven't played at all the last 7 days. The last time I played, the DZ was turning into a rogue fest where groups of them were clearing out all the players in the DZ. They were killing for fun/grief as not once did they get loot from me. It seemed they also knew the general layout well enough to know the two/three respawn points and would kill me again and again. I gave up going in without a group. Have things settled down in the last week?

I have been in Alaska this last week for work, so I haven't played at all the last 7 days. The last time I played, the DZ was turning into a rogue fest where groups of them were clearing out all the players in the DZ. They were killing for fun/grief as not once did they get loot from me. It seemed they also knew the general layout well enough to know the two/three respawn points and would kill me again and again. I gave up going in without a group. Have things settled down in the last week?

That is the entire point of the DZ. With supply drops and 100% HE drops from name elites, the DZ PVP (rogues/manhunts) will only increase. My guess is that DZ PVP is going to explode and be what the majority of servers will be.

Can't wait.

there are hacker squads and regular gank squads. We had fun a few nights ago clearing bosses in DZ4-6 before the gank squads could get to them. Still one of my buddies was describing how he encountered a foreign group today that was repeatedly killing him with hacks and so forth. They are kind of easy to avoid, They will appear on the map for a few seconds when the skulls light up. Just go elsewhere. Personally I am not interested in wasting my time playing their game. This is not a twitch shooter. A group geared for PvP will be extremely difficult for a PvE group to take down. Add hacks and forget about it. All the shit you collect is mostly crafting material, and that applies to most of the HE stuff also. So you lose some material. Big whoop.

The PvP has gotten really fun. We've been on manhunts for over fifteen minutes before people took us out.

What bothers me is that some of the people we're encountering are so ridiculously TANKY. Even with a ton of raw dps @ like 195k it is hard to cut through, then bc I only have like 47k hp they can mow me down.

Gonna have to rethink my gearing I guess.

Welp

Fired the game up for the first time in a week, hit up the DZ (literally the only thing you can do, at this point) and the place is infested with hackers/exploiters. I gave it an hour before it just became too much.

A shame.

Welp

Fired the game up for the first time in a week, hit up the DZ (literally the only thing you can do, at this point) and the place is infested with hackers/exploiters. I gave it an hour before it just became too much.

A shame.

Weird, I have no issues in the DZ..... ran there for a few hours last night and then did Lexington speed runs to farm PCs.

Ugh, I need to get into some CMs with you guys. I tried 3 times yesterday and all 3 times it just devolved into a mass of overwhelming stupid. 2 times I ended up in a group with a foreigner who wouldn't proceed into the session, 1 of those times the leader couldn't figure out how to kick them. 3rd time we got the boss down, but then the rest of the group quit clearing out the mobs to complete the objective. It was painful and aggravating and I got nothing out of it other than 2 hours of headaches.

I heard matchmaking wasn't so bad, but mid-afternoon on a Sunday is clearly the exception.

Ugh, I need to get into some CMs with you guys. I tried 3 times yesterday and all 3 times it just devolved into a mass of overwhelming stupid. 2 times I ended up in a group with a foreigner who wouldn't proceed into the session, 1 of those times the leader couldn't figure out how to kick them. 3rd time we got the boss down, but then the rest of the group quit clearing out the mobs to complete the objective. It was painful and aggravating and I got nothing out of it other than 2 hours of headaches.

I heard matchmaking wasn't so bad, but mid-afternoon on a Sunday is clearly the exception.

i've had good luck with matchmaking for challenge modes. coincidentally last night was the 'worst' experience i've had so far - on Lincoln Tunnel one guy dropped out after the first encounter then a second guy dropped out at the beginning of the final boss encounter. so it left two of us to clear the waves of the final boss which was tough but we managed. it sort of added a feeling of accomplishment to the whole thing.

feel free to join/invite me if you're ever on middle to late evenings pacific time - AnArrogantMoose

If that happens I just hit up my friends list to ping people to come in. People usually will (although slow due to loading). No reason to go it alone.

Welp

A shame.

I found someone fucking flying. Like, just gently wafting through the air and he put his loot on the chopper like 20 feet above us.

Our group was instagibbed moments later. His name was like Ubi.Sucks or something too.

The fact that people can just straight up teleport and fire at 9 million RPM is astonishing.

Has anyone even seen a HE LVOA?

I looted an HE LVOA in the DZ some time back. Decent talents, but nothing earth shaking. ROF is wicked, so up close it melts enemies with and extended mag and extra wep dmg. At range it needs lots of accuracy / stability and to be burst fired. It became obsolete after crafting an AK 74 (not 47) however. That weapon is the best of both worlds.

--

The DZ is going to change dramatically tomorrow. None of use really know exactly which way it's going to swing, but my guess is also that the Rogues are going to explode. Maybe only initially, but only time will tell. They split the DZ at Gear Score 160, but then quantified that as "2 or 3 golds and mostly purples". So with the new drop rates you'll surpass that your first couple hours in the DZ. With that in mind, consider the 3% that have 999 Pheonix Credits and HE crafting materials, and have been over DZ rank 90 since week 2. What do you supoose they are going to do with all that tomorrow? Buy and craft multiple level 32 items, thats what. Most will go check out Incursions, but all will end up in the DZ trying out their new gear. What is going to seperate these Gear Score 220 players (guesstimate) from all us level 31 / GS 180 players?

All I've been hearing from my high end friends is the widening gap between "normal" players with 2-8 hrs to play a week, and the Streamer / Youtuber crowd that fits that in in a day? I love the changes Massive is making, but I fear for the casual player. I hope I'm way off, but I think "catching up" is going to get exponentially more difficult starting tomorrow.

I'm not really worried about it. I think the regular HE will become the new purples. without actual "levels" to grow into you are kind of stuck with farming and crafting to grow. The bosses will probably have the low level HE gears, the crate drops a higher level and the incursions the highest levels.

It became obsolete after crafting an AK 74 (not 47) however.

the blueprint in the base of operations for the Black Market AK is the 74 right? i'm drawing a blank right now on whether it's the AK-47 or the AK-74, but that's the one i crafted.

Well, there is the bug where if you go down and the person who revives you keeps reviving you for a few extra seconds even after you've been revived, you kind of get an extra life. Then, the next time you're killed you will instamagically jump right back up on your feet. I happened to me yesterday, I got killed and I popped right back instantly. I've had used against me in the DZ, now that I think back. I downed a solo rogue, he instamagically pops right back up.

Then the is the gear perk, I think it's "rehabilitated", which is bugged. When you take minor damage the bugged perk becomes active and stays active until you die. It can be triggered by a flashbang, I saw people in my random matchmake at Lexington doing it.

I don't know that the pop back alive is an error as much as it is a server lag issue. I have noticed it happening to me several times also.

the blueprint in the base of operations for the Black Market AK is the 74 right? i'm drawing a blank right now on whether it's the AK-47 or the AK-74, but that's the one i crafted.

The BOO vendor sells the black market AK 47 Prints. All of the BOO HE prints are level 31 prints. The prints in DZ 5 an 6 are level 31. The prints in the rest of the DZ are level 30 prints. It makes a big difference when crafting gear especially, a very nice bump in potential stats.

Tomorrow's patch will introduce level 32 gear.

The BOO vendor sells the black market AK 47 Prints. All of the BOO HE prints are level 31 prints. The prints in DZ 5 an 6 are level 31. The prints in the rest of the DZ are level 30 prints. It makes a big difference when crafting gear especially, a very nice bump in potential stats.

Tomorrow's patch will introduce level 32 gear.

yeah i'm rocking mostly ilvl 31 gear. i just couldn't remember if the BOO vendor had the print for the AK-47 or AK-74.

As far as some of you guys getting upset with the game because of people killing you....well.... I mean its part of the game.

I actually have the most fun when I'm in a group of 4 and we start killing every person we see. We die a lot, yeah, but it definitely is fun because it is a challenge. There is nothing that gets the adrenaline going more than having 10+ people chasing you down trying to kill you lol.

I don't think anyone is pissed about losing a fair fight, it's just that right now fair fights are hit and miss in the DZ because so many people farmed god rolls and used the exploits. The patch might address much of that., or at least temporarily reset the cycle.

Do we have an Ask Mr. Robot equivalent for Division? I'm honestly not sure how to spec/gear up in a way where I can kill lvl 32 elites easily. I always aim for the head and am at 175-180k (I noticed it varies for some reason) dps with only 32k health. I have the Ak-74.

EDIT: Now it's 189k dps...

EDIT #2: What I'm asking is... what's the smart thing to do?

The BOO vendor sells the black market AK 47 Prints.

Minor correction. He sells the Black Market AK 74. Which does not have as high of damage potential as the AK47, but is much more stable and accurate. More shots on target = more damage imo.

Do we have an Ask Mr. Robot equivalent for Division? I'm honestly not sure how to spec/gear up in a way where I can kill lvl 32 elites easily. I always aim for the head and am at 175-180k (I noticed it varies for some reason) dps with only 32k health. I have the Ak-74.

Would have to see your items to give any real advice. I'm a tad below you on dps and have 48k hp and we pretty much roll through Challenging missions.

Would have to see your items to give any real advice. I'm a tad below you on dps and have 48k hp and we pretty much roll through Challenging missions.

And how do I do this? I don't see an option to show a summary of my stats other than screenshots

YVf40oY.jpg

Gonna type them out: (with the AK-74)

Crit Hit Chance: 21.50%
Crit Hit Damage: 104%
Headshot Damage: 68%
Accuracy: 52
Stability: 37
Range: 15m
Reload Time: 2.30 s
All Weapons Damage Bonus: +12.50%
Assault Rifle Damage Bonus: 0
LMG: 0
Pistol: 0
Shotgun: +514
SMG: 0
Damage to Elites: 0%
Health on Kill: 0
Enemy Armor Damage: 1%
Threat: 0%
Armor: 3193 (Mitigates 44.73% of weapon damage)
Health Regen: 1,671
Protection from Elites: 10%
All Damage Resilience: 10%
Exotic Damage Resilience: 13%
Bleed Resistance: 101%
Blind Deaf Resistance: 24%
Burn Resistance: 11%
Disorient Resistance: 22%
Disrupt Resistance: 0%
Shock Resistance: 0%

With the Vector:

Crit Hit Chance: 54.50%
Crit Hit Damage: 108%
Headshot Damage: 75%
Accuracy: 67
Stability: 55
Range: 26m
Reload Time: 3 s

Last edited:
Yeah, there isn't really a good way to do it at the moment....

What is your damage mitigation under your Character sheet? Are you having issues staying alive or killing lvl 32 guys?

Your stats based off that photo look realllllyyyyy close to where I'm at.

I would shift some of your firearms to stamina and also work towards full armor (65% damage mitigation). It will allow you to stay exposed out of cover longer, which means more rounds on target i.e. more overall damage dealt. Im currently at 152K DPS 81K health 65% armor and I do pretty well against level 32 elites. I'm only at 14K skill power though so that's where I fall short.

It seems attaining that 65% mitigation mark is almost a must for PvP. I know I'm out dps'ing some of these people I'm facing, but they just soak up clip after clip

And how do I do this? I don't see an option to show a summary of my stats other than screenshots

Gonna type them out: (with the AK-74)

Crit Hit Chance: 21.50%
Crit Hit Damage: 104%
Headshot Damage: 68%
Accuracy: 52
Stability: 37
Range: 15m
Reload Time: 2.30 s
All Weapons Damage Bonus: +12.50%
Assault Rifle Damage Bonus: 0
LMG: 0
Pistol: 0
Shotgun: +514
SMG: 0
Damage to Elites: 0%
Health on Kill: 0
Enemy Armor Damage: 1%
Threat: 0%
Armor: 3193 (Mitigates 44.73% of weapon damage)
Health Regen: 1,671
Protection from Elites: 10%
All Damage Resilience: 10%
Exotic Damage Resilience: 13%
Bleed Resistance: 101%
Blind Deaf Resistance: 24%
Burn Resistance: 11%
Disorient Resistance: 22%
Disrupt Resistance: 0%
Shock Resistance: 0%

With the Vector:

Crit Hit Chance: 54.50%
Crit Hit Damage: 108%
Headshot Damage: 75%
Accuracy: 67
Stability: 55
Range: 26m
Reload Time: 3 s

Low health/High DPS...wowzerz!

Recalibrate whatever has those shotgun points to SMG or AR..unless you use a shotgun :D

My DPS for my vector is ~138k and for my Sniper ~139K. I have ~74k+ HP though.

In a decent group on 4 on challenging, I run around w/ my Double Barrel and try to perform "One is None". Which I think i've had 5 shots in a row (on tanks) at the most so far. Normally 3-4 hits on normal yellows will kill em. Now w/ a real shotgun, that is a different story...which I need to craft one of those

I think my armor is around 60%

The firearms is cool and all that but you really need to move some things around for stamina, probably to 60k. Do you have weapons that heal on crits? That is the main one that allows you to go rambo style. with high crits you are just regenerating. 33k is just too low IMO, knocks you down 2 bars compared to 1 bar @ 60k. Much better margin for survival.

Quick thoghts on the new update, had to try it out before work.

Supply drop in DZ is fun. A decent level mob guards. I helped 2 other guys secure it. Got a a HE classic ak47. However I thought you didn't need to extract those. I still had to. Was there something I missed?

Every named boss did drop a gold item. I got a crappy holster and performance mod. Like you guys said everyone will be extracting golds now.

You can buy a HE M1A blueprint and the Valkyria blueprint from DZ3 vendor. Each around 250k DZ credits, and you need DZ level75 and 90 respectively.

They fixed PA door glitch. Damn.

You can buy Gear set items in BoO for a lot of phoenix credits. Recalibration does cost regular credits. Yay!

Back