The Division - officially announced for PC!

I was reading some early impressions of the game from different sites and they make some good points...they game really is 2 separate games- the Dark Zone and everything not in the Dark Zone...

"It’s a normal Ubisoft open world single player RPG with a separate AAA adaptation of Rust planted in the middle of it. It’s…kind of a weird pairing...Ideally, if your game is going to be two main modes, you want players to want to play both of them, rather than one or the other"

I think that's the issue Ubisoft is going to face with this...I don't see many people wanting to play both modes...

Just found my new favorite weapon, the M1A. Also, I just did one of the coop missions on Hard, it was a fkin blast!

Just hit level 30. Game is HARD at times. A few of the mission finales took me about 2 hours. Crazy final boss, too.

Storyline is complete shit. Couldn't even tell you 1 thing about the story. Absolutely clueless.

Just hit level 30. Game is HARD at times. A few of the mission finales took me about 2 hours. Crazy final boss, too.

Storyline is complete shit. Couldn't even tell you 1 thing about the story. Absolutely clueless.

Dollar bill virus...Black Friday epidemic, from what im picking up.

I was laughing at one of the cell phone recordings. Chick calls dood and says there is a dollar inn the fridge/freezer with a note from "Ross?". He screams at her not to touch it.

But damn, 30! I'm at 15 atm and had a tough time solo on an Apartment mission. Sniper kept shooting me dead...of course i was 2 levels under the req level at the time.

As to playing both modes, ill eventually hit the DZ, but there is still so much i want to do in the "main" game. By the time i get "bored", i will hit up the DZ for different action.

The game is a blast, even if some basic missions are simple and repetitive. Enjoyable content for me.

The game is a blast, even if some basic missions are simple and repetitive. Enjoyable content for me.
For me it's like this too - maybe it's the setting, or the graphics style appeals to me, or a disaster scenario *not* involving zombies... whatever it is, I'm having more fun than I should given all the pros and cons on paper.

from the betas it seems to me the city is the real star of the game...Ubisoft/Massive did a great job building out Manhattan

from the betas it seems to me the city is the real star of the game...Ubisoft/Massive did a great job building out Manhattan

Yeah, there's a few posts on Reddit that people have made of their workplaces in NY where Massive really nailed the detail. I wonder how long it took their scout team to take photos/material-scans of so many areas.

And these aren't landmark areas, they're just regular old buildings.

Yeah, there's a few posts on Reddit that people have made of their workplaces in NY where Massive really nailed the detail. I wonder how long it took their scout team to take photos/material-scans of so many areas.

And these aren't landmark areas, they're just regular old buildings.

yeah I live in Manhattan and they really nailed the overall look...the buildings and streets aren't exact replicas in most cases but they did nail the overall vibe...some buildings do look strikingly similar...if the gameworld had come a little further east it would have been in my neighborhood

Wow this game is a blast. I think I just played for about 4 hours non-stop. I haven't even ventured into the Dark Zone. I've played about 7 hours total and completed 18% of the main story so far.

Quick question, are you able to get back into Madison Square Garden after that initial mission. There was a locked door on the upper floor that had some loot I guess, but I didn't have a high enough containment level mask to enter that room. But when I tried to go back there the front door at MSG was locked. Woulda been cool if there was some bio weapon in that secret room.

Wow this game is a blast. I think I just played for about 4 hours non-stop. I haven't even ventured into the Dark Zone. I've played about 7 hours total and completed 18% of the main story so far.

Quick question, are you able to get back into Madison Square Garden after that initial mission. There was a locked door on the upper floor that had some loot I guess, but I didn't have a high enough containment level mask to enter that room. But when I tried to go back there the front door at MSG was locked. Woulda been cool if there was some bio weapon in that secret room.

Yes you can replay missions. And no you can't just walk back up there.. The game world and missions are seamless in this game. So restart the mission and go get it :)

And....the servers down again. Really enjoying the game. Been playing 4 player co-op. im curious if you loot an item then the other players dont get it, it can cause an issue if you have a greedy player. Do the items get shared?

And....the servers down again. Really enjoying the game. Been playing 4 player co-op. im curious if you loot an item then the other players dont get it, it can cause an issue if you have a greedy player. Do the items get shared?

loot is shared...it's not the same item either, I think it's random

At least they're down for maintenance (there was a thing about it in the main menu of the game.)

Loot is unique to each player so don't worry about "greedy" players.

loot is shared...it's not the same item either, I think it's random
I asked my friend I'm cooping with if he still got an item if I took it first, he always gets a different item of the same color. Like I'll open and get a blue holster, and he'll open and get a blue backpack.. etc.

Just started gaining XP again at level 30... what...

3KPGejY.png

I was reading some early impressions of the game from different sites and they make some good points...they game really is 2 separate games- the Dark Zone and everything not in the Dark Zone...

"It’s a normal Ubisoft open world single player RPG with a separate AAA adaptation of Rust planted in the middle of it. It’s…kind of a weird pairing...Ideally, if your game is going to be two main modes, you want players to want to play both of them, rather than one or the other"

I think that's the issue Ubisoft is going to face with this...I don't see many people wanting to play both modes...

That's completely false. Both are awesome in their own ways and they complement each other really well. I don't know how you would get to saying "I don't see many people wanting to play both modes." I mostly enjoy Single player stuff myself and they are both fantastic. The tension present in the Dark Zone is unlike anything i've ever experienced before.

I'm taking my sweet ass time with this game, I've been exploring every nook and back room.. wandering down every back alley and going inside nearly every building I come across. I think I've played for about 8 hours and I'm 18% through the main story and I'm level 7. Haven't touched the dark zone yet, but I enjoyed it when I was in the beta. The tension and the on edge encounters in the dark zone is something that just works for me.

I'm taking my sweet ass time with this game, I've been exploring every nook and back room.. wandering down every back alley and going inside nearly every building I come across. I think I've played for about 8 hours and I'm 18% through the main story and I'm level 7. Haven't touched the dark zone yet, but I enjoyed it when I was in the beta. The tension and the on edge encounters in the dark zone is something that just works for me.

Pretty much on par with you time and level wise. I didn't see the point of rushing through the entire game to 30, not really into that mess anymore. I knew this game was going to be short from the total number of missions, I'm the kinda person who likes to get my moneys worth on the investment, getting to max level in the span of 2 days is not my idea of a good time. Especially since hacking is still rampant on PC and once you hit 30, where do you think you're gonna go? Dark Zone. And where do you think all the hackers will be........Dark Zone.

I've been taking time too, it's such an amazing atmosphere! I love the random interactions. Don't listen to the haters on here, it's game of the year for me. I love every aspect of it. Cooping on missions, exploring interactions, etc. So far every group I've been on has been supportive and the players have really embraced the coop / team aspect. Very refreshing!!

I regret nothing. I am having a blast just like the open beta. I have around 13hrs into it and have only hit lvl 7. Playing with other people (pve) really makes the different aspects of the game stand out. Right now I am using a m249 bravo and the Mobile cover, that in turn lets me suppress the hell outa the npcs so our wabbit can flank and kill whilst our sniper/medic provides overwatch.

It's funny sometimes as I have to keep reminding people to think vertically and to also not follow the "gps" route all the time.

I regret nothing. I am having a blast just like the open beta. I have around 13hrs into it and have only hit lvl 7. Playing with other people (pve) really makes the different aspects of the game stand out. Right now I am using a m249 bravo and the Mobile cover, that in turn lets me suppress the hell outa the npcs so our wabbit can flank and kill whilst our sniper/medic provides overwatch.

It's funny sometimes as I have to keep reminding people to think vertically and to also not follow the "gps" route all the time.
Yeah I group with a lot of people who seem to just run to the closest cover and not use it effectively in the sense that there are a ton of places you can spread out to in most of the missions. Elevations, inside train cars, on top of shipping crates, etc., not just run to the closest cover and stay there the entire fight. Moving around and flanking actually works, as your teammates can draw the attention of the enemies and you can get behind them and start taking aimed headshots. So to anyone who would say the combat mechanics are blah, it's really not true. The AI is decent and Hard Mode is actually *very* freakin hard even on my current level 7-9 missions.

Adaption of Rust???

Just did the Challenge daily. Took 3 hours! It was very intense and yes very bullet-spongy.
For the time it took, it would be more efficient to just farm DZ and according to Reddit the Challenge Modes only giving out ilvl 30 High-end whereas you can find 31+ in the DZ.

So honestly I think it's safe to say Challenge Modes are NOT efficient for gear farming, at all. I won't bother doing more without a premade group.

I am at 25 hours total according to UPlay.

Last edited:
Just did the Challenge daily. Took 3 hours! It was very intense and yes very bullet-spongy.
For the time it took, it would be more efficient to just farm DZ and according to Reddit the Challenge Modes only giving out ilvl 30 High-end whereas you can find 31+ in the DZ.

So honestly I think it's safe to say Challenge Modes are NOT efficient for gear farming, at all. I won't bother doing more without a premade group.

I am at 25 hours total according to UPlay.

I have about 6 hours into the game and haven't made it into the Dark Zone yet.

As someone who is obviously a bit ahead of me in the game.... what say you about the status of the online and hacking complaints? Is this game headed for disaster or is this recoverable?

What are you all seeing?

Anyone feel free to answer of course.

You high levels better be posting dome spec pics. I want to know what my numbers are going to look like at lvl 30 :p

I'm at 115k sheet dps, hitting maybe 25k headshot crits.

Having a hard time unlocking the weapon/armor bonuses because they require specific health/tech values and I've just been stacking firearms.

Pro-tip on gear: Focus on superior quality (purple). Most of the yellows (high-end) you find will be GARBAGE.

Anyone feel free to answer of course.
I have done precisely zero PvP.
Everyone in the DZ has been very cooperative so far. Nobody has fired a single shot at another player, everyone I pass asks me to group up.

So yeah the DZ is not a PVP zone despite how it was marketed. Going Rogue is actually pretty stupid.

As for hacks -- from what I've read, nothing has changed from the beta. Even your ammo is still stored clientside. Just ridiculous, Ubisoft...

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
My character's specs are looking something like this:

20160310134906_1.jpg

Wow, nice damage and health.

The only thing I have a complaint about with the stat page is armor total isn't displayed. I personally think it should be one of the main stat points to display, maybe a smaller number displayed on the corner of that window.

You can still see your armor total and the % it mitigates damage, by going to your character info - But it would be nice to have them highlight an obvious main stat.

What percentage of damage does your armor mitigate at?

Or does armor not even matter?

Last edited:
Wow, nice damage and health.

The only thing I have a complaint about with the stat page is armor total isn't displayed. I personally think it should be one of the main stat points to display, maybe a smaller number displayed on the corner of that window.

You can still see your armor total and the % it mitigates damage, by going to your character info - But it would be nice to have them highlight an obvious main stat.

What percentage of damage does your armor mitigate at?

Or does armor not even matter?

Yeah i think armor should be on the main inventory view too.

it says i've got 45.33% weapon damage mitigation with the actual armor number at 3236

I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Remarkably detailed considering the scope of the game and I love how the atmosphere of it all, especially with the insanely good lighting effects the Snowdrop engine is capable of. For instance, I went down an alley facing towards the sun as it was setting and the sun went through the metal stairs on the side of an apartment building and cast shadows onto smoke that was billowing up from a vent in the ground in front of me. And running around at night during a snowstorm? Jesus, what an impressive sight. I seriously haven't stopped this many times and said "holy shit" in years.

Back