The Division - officially announced for PC!

Sounds like when DICE/EA brough out MoH beta, hackfest galore, but folks don't worry its just a Beta build............

Played in the DarkZone for a few hours today. Had lots of fun to be honest. Only encountered a couple Rogue's. Bounced around between the NPC encounter areas.

Was a tad disappointed with how spread out things are (lack of enemies to kill). But despite not being in a group, I had some serious teamwork situations happen.

I extracted so much loot I ran out of stash space.

I am disappointed the cleaners didn't make it into the DZ part. And I don't recall encountering any hacks. It's possible, but the lack of encounters with Rogue's made me less aware since they wouldn't be hacking against me.

I also got stuck in a blizzard. Very impressed with the fog and the snow effects of the engine.

Played in the DarkZone for a few hours today. Had lots of fun to be honest. Only encountered a couple Rogue's. Bounced around between the NPC encounter areas.

Was a tad disappointed with how spread out things are (lack of enemies to kill). But despite not being in a group, I had some serious teamwork situations happen.

I extracted so much loot I ran out of stash space.

I am disappointed the cleaners didn't make it into the DZ part. And I don't recall encountering any hacks. It's possible, but the lack of encounters with Rogue's made me less aware since they wouldn't be hacking against me.

I also got stuck in a blizzard. Very impressed with the fog and the snow effects of the engine.

Having the same experience here. I'm surprised at the amount of teamwork I'm seeing from random people. Having a lot of fun. And yeah the snow storms are awesome.

played for a bit just now, game looks decent and works in 21:9. I do have lower frame rates, 30-45 it seems when I am playing.
the division desk.jpg

You and I had very different experiences. Wasn't able to extract anything without being killed until after almost 10 attempts. Still a fun game, so far.

Mine was a mix. Initially I found some new friends, squaded up, farmed lots of NPCs and extracted a lot of loot. Then the Rogues started showing up in waves. They were always a full squad and always at or close to Manhunt status. People were also jumping infront of your gunfire to make you go Rogue and then ganging up on you. For about 40 minutes we could do nothing but die and lose loot / xp. I was one-shotted a few times at DZ level 8-9 (roughly 3500 health) but they were level 12 with High End (legendary) weapons, so can't say I saw any cheaters for sure.

Last edited:
I loved playing the missions. Dark Zone was alright but I don't care much for the PVP element. I'd rather hunt down high level mobs instead. I may wind up buying it once its on sale or someone sells a key for cheap.

Mine was a mix. Initially I found some new friends, squaded up, farmed lots of NPCs and extracted a lot of loot. Then the Rogues started showing up in waves. They were always a full squad and always at or close to Manhunt status. People were also jumping infront of your gunfire to make you go Rogue and then ganging up on you. For about 40 minutes we could do nothing but die and lose loot / xp. I was one-shotted a few times at DZ level 8-9 (roughly 3500 health) but they were level 12 with High End (legendary) weapons, so can't say I saw any cheaters for sure.

Yeah. I jumped in a second time later in the day and got instantly killed. I wasn't upset about it, except for the fact it had no motive. I had just entered and was idle checking my inventory when someone came up and mowed me down. You gain no loot, so why?

My guess, time of day may play a role in the rogue element. When I played early, it was 9-11am Pacific and only saw a handful of Rogue's, everyone teamed up and beat them down quickly. The second time was around 3pm Pacific.

Btw, in regards to people jumping into your line of fire to force you to go Rogue, there's an easier way - shoot their automated turret. It'll attack you in self defense and cause the owner to go Rogue. They over looked that one, hopefully they fix it.

The Division’s Exclusive PC Features & Settings

• More than a PC port and improved UI navigation feature
  • Customizable UI. Move, scale and adjust the opacity of a good portion of the HUD.
  • Invite your Steam friends and import them into your Uplay friends list
  • Group text chat
  • No mod support
  • No cross-platform
  • Parkour mode to continuously leap over barriers
  • Feature to get lined up with where your teammates are located on the map
  • Mouse, keyboard and controller support
  • Unlocked framerate
  • Multi-monitor support for triple-screen setups
  • Multi-GPU support
  • Multi-resolution support: “opt for 1080p or 4k and automatically adapt the resolution to fit multi-screen configurations with FOV correction”
  • LED keyboard support
The Division's Exclusive PC Features & Settings Unveiled / The Division Zone
------------------------------

making Parkour Mode exclusive to PC seems strange...having that enabled made a huge difference for me in terms of gameplay

• Customizable UI. Move, scale and adjust the opacity of a good portion of the HUD.
  • Group text chat
  • No mod support
  • No cross-platform
  • Unlocked framerate
  • Multi-GPU support
  • Multi-resolution support: “opt for 1080p or 4k and automatically adapt the resolution to fit multi-screen configurations with FOV correction”
  • LED keyboard support

making Parkour Mode exclusive to PC seems strange...having that enabled made a huge difference for me in terms of gameplay

Yeah, gonna believe that multi-GPU support only when I see it myself. While SLI worked in open beta I had more fps with a single card, and I'm not sure if they can change anything this close to release.

Yeah, gonna believe that multi-GPU support only when I see it myself. While SLI worked in open beta I had more fps with a single card, and I'm not sure if they can change anything this close to release.

SLI was definitely broken in beta. My 780 SLIs did nothing on or off. Might have to upgrade to a 980 TI for this one :( Was hopng to wait for Polaris or Pascal.

My son, his friend and I played this for a few hours this weekend, and it was pretty good. There were bugs, I think I reported 6, so not that bad for a beta. I'm on the fence, as I liked rolling around and questing but I need to see how much content there will be because I could see that running out pretty quick. We did the DZ for a few as well, and found most players to be helpful actually. I know that won't last though. The three of us found some hideout with NPC's that had just silly DPS and health, and when we killed them all, there were blues and oranges and stuff, so we had to extract. I was worried we were about to get owned because as soon as we popped the flare, three randoms came up from different angles, but in the end they helped defend and extracted their own stuffs. We did this a few times and never even purposely killed another player in like four hours....weird for a pvp thing...

• Group text chat
  • No mod support
  • No cross-platform
  • Unlocked framerate
  • Multi-GPU support
  • LED keyboard support

Is this list for real? It's clearly padded - as Keyboards / Mouse shouldn't even be mentioned (It's PC, it comes with the terroritory), let alone multiple times. I wouldn't call "No Mod Support" a feature.

How is no mod support a pc feature. more like it should HAVE mod support?

Given that it's essentially an MMO-type game with all hosted servers, I guess no mod support makes sense.

However, I do agree that the inclusion of that in that particular list didn't make sense.

Given that it's essentially an MMO-type game with all hosted servers, I guess no mod support makes sense.

However, I do agree that the inclusion of that in that particular list didn't make sense.

I guess it's because the list would look like this, if you remove the negatives and redundant/obvious. No "cross-platform" isn't a feature either. I don't see why "Parkour" mode is PC only either, that seems like it'd be available cross-platform. Group text chat and Uplay friends come with the PC software automatically. The "get lined up" - not sure what that is.

So the list essentially boils down to:

"It supports the things you expect it to support for a PC game". AKA We spent more than 30 minutes recompiling this for the PC. Your welcome.

"It supports the things you expect it to support for a PC game". AKA We spent more than 30 minutes recompiling this for the PC. Your welcome.

Many, many people (understandably so) take a look at the release platforms and assume the worst for the PC version. So I can understand why they would put some seemingly redundant 'features' in there.

Many, many people (understandably so) take a look at the release platforms and assume the worst for the PC version. So I can understand why they would put some seemingly redundant 'features' in there.

I know, I was more commenting on the fact the game industry has taken such liberties with the PC genre that this list of normal PC features (that should be expected) is even necessary in the first place. It's like them saying "hey, look, we actually did what we're supposed to! High-fives!"

This will likely be a week-one purchase for me. Going to wait to see what the reviews say (unbiased ones).

Division was pretty fun in the beta but I am worried about hackers so will wait till release and see if they clean it up.

Division was pretty fun in the beta but I am worried about hackers so will wait till release and see if they clean it up.

I planned on getting 90% of my gameplay outside of the Darkzone anyway, which is why I preordered.

I did not play Dark Zone in the beta but have a couple of questions. Are higher level people also running around in the same dark zone as newbies? If yes, I am sure they will one shot and kill the newbies; how does the game balance that? Reason I ask is that given my time allocated to gaming there will always be people spending more time and getting better and faster in PVP compared to me? Does that mean that Dark Zone will be off limits for people like me in a few days?

Does the campaign / SP levels carry over to Dark Zone? Does campaign offer decent gear to be productive in Dark Zone?

Are higher level people also running around in the same dark zone as newbies?

servers are segregated based on player brackets so you'll play with people of similar rank.

Does the campaign / SP levels carry over to Dark Zone?

no it's separate ranks and currency.

Does campaign offer decent gear to be productive in Dark Zone?

yeah it does. the best gear is found in the DZ but there is still plenty of high-level gear to be found in the campaign. that's my experience based on the closed/open betas anyway.

yeah it does. the best gear is found in the DZ but there is still plenty of high-level gear to be found in the campaign. that's my experience based on the closed/open betas anyway.

I didn't find any high end (purple, orange) gear outside of the Dark Zone...all the best stuff seemed to be in there, either through DZ vendors or drops...that's not to say that you can't complete the single player story without it...you can easily get through that without the best gear (even on Hard difficulty levels)...but for pvp I think all the best stuff will be found in the DZ...I hope I'm wrong though and there are good loot drops outside of it

Honestly I thought the whole game needs massive improvement. The control mechanics and gun-play aren't bad for a 3rd person, but the world is lifeless and boring. Reminds me of those 90KM DayZ maps with nothing on them. Taking away the zombies makes it even worse. Couldn't they have left in desperate, infected civilians trying to steal your food, water, meds? I think you should have to avoid them, fight them off, possibly even shoot them to preserve your equipment in an effort to save the majority. There's virtually no danger except for small isolated pockets, not really any roving danger to catch you off guard, and the Dark Zone was extremely meh. Playing 50 hours to get weapons that have fractions of a stat difference is the same reason I hate pretty much all MMOs.

There's not even much reason to rob anybody since 90% of the time they have crap in their pouches anyway. They should color code the little quarantine bag by rarity of what's inside so you know if someone has an orange you should be more motivated to go rogue on them.

the enemy AI was pretty aggressive in the game which I liked...they constantly seem to move forward and try and flank you as well...yes they're bullet sponges but it's better then being too easy

They should color code the little quarantine bag by rarity of what's inside so you know if someone has an orange you should be more motivated to go rogue on them.

yup they should do something to make going Rogue more worth the risk...color coding the bag is a good suggestion but maybe that would be too much like putting a target on certain players backs

Honestly I thought the whole game needs massive improvement. The control mechanics and gun-play aren't bad for a 3rd person, but the world is lifeless and boring. Reminds me of those 90KM DayZ maps with nothing on them. Taking away the zombies makes it even worse. Couldn't they have left in desperate, infected civilians trying to steal your food, water, meds? I think you should have to avoid them, fight them off, possibly even shoot them to preserve your equipment in an effort to save the majority. There's virtually no danger except for small isolated pockets, not really any roving danger to catch you off guard, and the Dark Zone was extremely meh. Playing 50 hours to get weapons that have fractions of a stat difference is the same reason I hate pretty much all MMOs.

There's not even much reason to rob anybody since 90% of the time they have crap in their pouches anyway. They should color code the little quarantine bag by rarity of what's inside so you know if someone has an orange you should be more motivated to go rogue on them.

Yeah it feels very much like a game made strictly from the ideas/feedback of a focus group.

I hope you submitted feedback to them. The more people do that, the better.

I agree with a lot of your criticisms. I like what I see but I think the game could be a lot better for what it is.

I hope you submitted feedback to them. The more people do that, the better.

I agree with a lot of your criticisms. I like what I see but I think the game could be a lot better for what it is.
I don't think I get to give them feedback. I heard the PC players don't get a survey to fill out.

It shouldn't be terribly hard to make it into something great, but with 2 weeks til release it feels way too empty to not be a day 1 bomb. I kept expecting I would run into something dark and scary in the contaminated zones, like going in the sewers in STALKER, but instead every dark hole is a build up to nothing.

Humans aren't scary, and the fact that everyone is a bullet sponge makes the Dark Zone have almost zero apprehension effect like you get in DayZ.

Last edited:
I don't think I get to give them feedback. I heard the PC players don't get a survey to fill out.

It shouldn't be terribly hard to make it into something great, but with 2 weeks til release it feels way too empty to not be a day 1 bomb. I kept expecting I would run into something dark and scary in the contaminated zones, like going in the sewers in STALKER, but instead every dark hole is a build up to nothing.

Humans aren't scary, and the fact that everyone is a bullet sponge makes the Dark Zone have almost zero apprehension effect like you get in DayZ.

Remember that it's a Tom Clancy game. It's supposed to have at least some semblance of realism. That's why this has absolutely NOTHING to do with zombies and monsters. Nowhere was this game ever advertised, promoted, or otherwise talked about as some kind of horror game.

Also, you are nuts if you think this is going to be a "day 1 bomb."

Yeah I'm not the biggest fan of the game, though I will ask some friends who pre-ordered how the endgame and the overall content is done on release. That said there is no way this is going to bomb financially. This is the next Destiny. Though I could see it having less than favorable reviews if they haven't added more flavor to the open world and the endgame content is barren.

Remember that it's a Tom Clancy game. It's supposed to have at least some semblance of realism. That's why this has absolutely NOTHING to do with zombies and monsters. Nowhere was this game ever advertised, promoted, or otherwise talked about as some kind of horror game.

Also, you are nuts if you think this is going to be a "day 1 bomb."
Oh I'm sure they'll sell a lot of copies. I'm not talking about a bomb from a money standpoint, I'm talking about from a user satisfaction standpoint. It'll get slaughtered by the users once they play it and see it's as empty on release as it was during the test.

You think a gun that shoots "healing power" is realistic? Or someone taking 30 bullets to the face is realistic? Or equipment being "contaminated" and needing to be airlifted out is realistic? lol

They could have just as easily put crazy sick people running around trying to tackle you and take your stuff. Equivalent to zombies, without the zombies.

Back