The Division - officially announced for PC!

How's the chat system on PC? Is there a general chat system(world chat, local chat) or is it all VOIP and private messaging?

How's the chat system on PC? Is there a general chat system or is it all VOIP and private messaging?

voip, as well as traditional mmo style text chat with channels and group chat ect.

ingame voip is all local but global everyone around you can hear you, so most non random groups will use TS or vent or some other voice chat most likely.

Game is unplayable for me for some reason. It causes my PC to stutter like crazy and eventually lock up. I have no idea what is going on since no other game does this.

My first impressions are that the game looks pretty good, fov is a little close but it runs smoothly for me with a single 290, did not try forced crossfire.

Beta is very limiting, so it is hard to get a feel how the game will progress later on, or what the story is really like, especially since i skipped all the cut scenes (going to watch them in the full game)

PVP was entertaining, not knowing if someone will jump you when waiting for your evac chopper, and we had a pretty interesting moment where one of my friends did not see the enemy that was hiding had his rogue timer expire right before my friend shot him, which then turned us rogue and it became a fight for out lives to get away from the other non rogues that were fighting the rogues, was a total razz your friend moment for screwing up lol.

I like it so far...but it is pretty limited in what you can do....once you finish the main/side and random quests in the area...nothing to do but repeat the "rescue the nurse" on hard mode a few times..then hit the DZ...which is fun for a bit...I hit lvl 8/dmz 8....(you get a different xp/lvl/coin for play in dz). I did find a vendor that sold some yellow(?) weapons...I think they were yellow. I forget the progression...grey/green/blue/yellow/orange?

All in all pretty fun - definitely some nice art/effects - Kudos to Ubisoft.

Last edited:
played a bit of Dark Zone...not sure what I'm supposed to be doing except shooting at other players...game reminds me a bit (in a good way) of Watch Dogs...just when I think the game is underwhelming something happens to pull me back in...hard game to judge but I think I like it more then I don't like it...

Not sure I care about the Dark Zone, but it seems like that is where most of the content is in the beta. It just punishes you for not being in a group, which is lame.

played a bit of Dark Zone...not sure what I'm supposed to be doing except shooting at other players...game reminds me a bit (in a good way) of Watch Dogs...just when I think the game is underwhelming something happens to pull me back in...hard game to judge but I think I like it more then I don't like it...

There are npc's in the darkzone and points of interest ect.

players are a secondary obective since you get keys for boxes and other stuff from the enemy npc's. and the higher your dark zone level the higher level box's you can open as well.

It is actually more beneficial to not pvp in the pvp zone, unless someone has crap luck and finds it easier to steal from people as they are close to extracting their loot.

players are a secondary obective since you get keys for boxes and other stuff from the enemy npc's. and the higher your dark zone level the higher level box's you can open as well.

It is actually more beneficial to not pvp in the pvp zone, unless someone has crap luck and finds it easier to steal from people as they are close to extracting their loot.

interesting...thanks for the tip...so how can you tell the NPC's from the players?

pretty damn fun. the main story is tough to judge because you get so little of it in the beta. looks like it will be good though. the Dark Zone is a shit ton of fun. the anxiety of not knowing whether or not a neutral player is going to fire on you is great. i'm playing solo and i stumbled on a group of 6 other solo players fighting NPC's. after getting our loot we all went to extract together. just as the chopper gets there another player came up and threw an incendiary grenade on us. chasing him down and killing him, with 4 of us unloading on him during his last 'kneel down and beg for your life' moment....was fantastic.

not sure if i'm missing objectives in the Dark Zone other than 'landmark' spots? some set objectives other than running around waiting to stumble on NPC's or rogue players would be nice.

ah, this answers my question about set objectives.

interesting...thanks for the tip...so how can you tell the NPC's from the players?

the NPC's i've seen have either yellow or purple tags.

Got 4-5 hours in today since they opened it up. Really enjoyed it. Got to level 8 and there's nothing else to do in the PvE area. Moved into the DZ and had fun there as well but had really pushed the game time today while being off work and trying to get stuff done around the house. I like that the combat is slowed down a bit. So much PvP now is so fast that it's not that enjoyable for me. I know that's totally personal preference though so I expect that to be really divisive.

I can safely say that I'll play whatever PvE content they put out for it if it just stays mostly the same as it is today. My only real complaint was that PvE felt too easy once you figure out each boss's trick but I didn't look for a difficulty setting either and lots of balancing obviously yet to do.

As for playing PvP in the future, that's almost always dependent on the community that exists in the game.

Overall, really happy with the game so far and hope they are able to push a ton of content to it but skeptical on that front.

the NPC's i've seen have either yellow or purple tags.[/QUOTE]

Yeah there's a high lvl yellow couple of npc's that were pwning me bad..(I've only been soloing so far...) I think it's Bonnie and Clyde? One of them lights me up with 1 or 2 hits and I'm almost dead..LoL. I have like 4k hp's too...

Got 4-5 hours in today since they opened it up. Really enjoyed it. Got to level 8 and there's nothing else to do in the PvE area. Moved into the DZ and had fun there as well but had really pushed the game time today while being off work and trying to get stuff done around the house. I like that the combat is slowed down a bit. So much PvP now is so fast that it's not that enjoyable for me. I know that's totally personal preference though so I expect that to be really divisive.

I can safely say that I'll play whatever PvE content they put out for it if it just stays mostly the same as it is today. My only real complaint was that PvE felt too easy once you figure out each boss's trick but I didn't look for a difficulty setting either and lots of balancing obviously yet to do.

As for playing PvP in the future, that's almost always dependent on the community that exists in the game.

Overall, really happy with the game so far and hope they are able to push a ton of content to it but skeptical on that front.

Before you enter a mission area there should be like a matchmaking/difficulty setting that you can adjust.

If you put the missions on hard, it becomes a lot more challenging. Way more enemies and bosses and they're much harder to kill too.

Before you enter a mission area there should be like a matchmaking/difficulty setting that you can adjust.

If you put the missions on hard, it becomes a lot more challenging. Way more enemies and bosses and they're much harder to kill too.

Ah, thanks. I missed that. Was there any other of those than the early one for the doc?

Honestly I have no idea. I could have sworn there is more than one mission that you can change difficulties.

Also, what's everyone doing as far as selecting weapons?
Is this DPS meter the primary stat one should consider?
For instance. My default M9 pistol is still the highest DPS pistol that I've come across(1500 DPS lvl 4). At level 8 now and I'm still finding pistols in the 1300 -1400 range.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this DPS is calculated based off all shots are hitting the target correct? So could one assume a more accurate weapon yet slower rate of fire and lower dps is probably as good if not better? Or visa versa.

Last edited:
weapon customization is pretty nice...I usually go for highest DPS but some weapons have high DPS but lower Levels...

Damage per shot matters, just as much if not more than dps depending on the weapon

like a 1500dps semi auto marksmen rifle, has a really high damage per shot but slower fire rate so it hits like a truck compared to other weapons and also does bonus damage for head shots, so it is also worth looking at the bonus that is actually on the weapon as well. like the Mp7 i have has 18.5% higher crit chance, but obviously lacks range ect.

Tho i would say if you are comparing 2 weapons of the same type you would likely always choose the higher dps one, but if you are comparing say an AK to an M4 it might come down to which you prefer higher damage per shot or a more stable weapon, i have not compared those 2 side by side tho.

I think it will really come down to personal preference but, i am liking the marksmen rifles since they fire at a decent rate and hit really hard with headshots being +120% ect,

holy shit, the amount of fun im having in the DZ... PvP is hella fun. Cant wait for servers to come back up I have over 6000 DZ currency and lvl capped in both PVE and PVP. I think this might be a day 1 purchase for me :|

you can get it 30% off on Greenmangaming until feb. 8th

30PERC-JANUAR-SAVING

Game seems pretty demanding to me. Even at low settings I'm getting 55-60fps. My GPU and CPU are pegged at almost 100% most of the time. I would've thought my HTPC (2500k and GTX 670) would be able to do medium settings easily. Looks like I'll probably have to get this one first on XB1 til I upgrade my HTPC.

But from what I've played this seems like a great game. I also felt the same way about destiny during the beta. Hopefully this holds up better then Destiny did for me.

Couldn't get into the beta but seems like I will love the shit out of this game. I loved destiny.

1) how come I always seem to be running around the Dark Zone area for awhile without running into a single player or NPC?...I thought the place would be filled with tons of players and NPC's?...2) is the only way to make $$ by selling your junk and other weapons, gear etc?...I'm up to Level 7 and barely have any $$ in my wallet...I thought the bodies, chests, areas I looted around the map would have plenty of $$

Game seems pretty demanding to me. Even at low settings I'm getting 55-60fps. My GPU and CPU are pegged at almost 100% most of the time. I would've thought my HTPC (2500k and GTX 670) would be able to do medium settings easily. Looks like I'll probably have to get this one first on XB1 til I upgrade my HTPC.

But from what I've played this seems like a great game. I also felt the same way about destiny during the beta. Hopefully this holds up better then Destiny did for me.

It is very demanding or it needs a lot of optimization. Or both. I've got a powerful rig, and I had to turn some shadow and AA stuff down to get a decent framerate. But once I got the settings like I wanted them, it's beautiful and engrossing.

I played for a few hours last night and really enjoyed it. People are complaining of the bullet sponge thing, but you can't have realistic bullet damage in a video game. Not to mention it's a RPG, so there needs to be progression. So you start out having to shoot a guy a few times to kill him, but when you get near max level with high end gear, you kill in a shot or two. There has to be progression or the loot system is dead from the get go. Same with people complaining about loose shooting mechanics. If it doesn't start out shitty, then there's no point in having loot progression and epic weapons. Everything should be shit in the beginning, and if you work and put the time in, you eventually have a weapon that has an extremely tight shot group and super high damage. I think people are forgetting this is an RPG and think this is a shooter where you know the shooting mechanics from the first 5 minutes in the game. This isn't Counter Strike or BF4.

Really liking what I'm seeing and looks like I'm gonna pick the game up. Not preorder, but I will probably buy it on release. The missions feel good and actually make me care about what I'm doing, unlike MMORPG's where it's cut and paste missions where you don't even need to read the dialogue. The Lau mission where you have to find the sister was really cool the way you used the Echo's to see what happened, and I felt like I actually wanted to know what happened to her.

For a beta, the game is very well done. I'm really surprised it's not an overhyped turd, but I'm happy with what they got going on. As long as there's enough loot and story to keep people busy and having fun, I think it could actually be a hit.

Now, it's time to go try the Dark Zone....

For those looking to try it, you can always preorder on Amazon. Should be able to get a beta key that way. I don't believe Amazon charges the card until a few hours before release, cancel anytime up until then.

after about a day playing the beta I'm definitely leaning towards buying the game...unlike the Titanfall and SW: Battlefront betas which were really fun but ultimately I knew I would not be buying the game...The Division (PC) has a few things going for it that those didn't- mainly a single player story, huge map, and possible staying power where I don't see myself getting bored after a few days or weeks

30 percent off from GMG for this and Far Cry Primal sweetens the pot on both.

this is an Nvidia sponsored game right?...meaning the game will most likely be bundled with Nvidia cards?...I hope so, that way I can snag a code for cheap making the game worth it even more

I've enjoyed it. I don't play a lot of games any more, especially full priced ones. My last 3 full price game purchases have been Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, and Star Wars Battlefront. So you can tell I'm not really into single player stuff any more.

But it's been nice running around and doing actual missions again. I like the lines telling me where I need to go so I don't feel lost.

However I did get that repetitive feeling while trying to rescue the doctor of just generic bad guy after generic bad guy to take down. And they just keep on coming. It wouldn't be so bad if a normal gun shot would take them down but I tire of having to empty a full round into someone to kill them. I think this was mentioned earlier in this thread. If it were something "special" about the enemy I could see it.

However I did get that repetitive feeling while trying to rescue the doctor of just generic bad guy after generic bad guy to take down. And they just keep on coming. It wouldn't be so bad if a normal gun shot would take them down but I tire of having to empty a full round into someone to kill them. I think this was mentioned earlier in this thread. If it were something "special" about the enemy I could see it.

The bullet sponge aspect is annoying. I just pretend they're high on PCP.

LOL, the same mental trick I came up with for myself.

I can see where things could get repetitive in this. I hope everyone has been submitting feedback for whatever good it may do.

There is enough here for me to like overall that I'm probably going to use that 30 percent GMG coupon for this.

Gotta go for burst/single fire headshots. It will take less time......

Use some tactic for PvP...

Me and a buddy unloaded onto another player. He still had enough health to strafe away behind cover. He healed, his gang came and headshotted the shit outta me and my buddy via burst/single tap.

Question for those playing beta:

In the DZ is a sports place/blue location on map - that shows you can get a special item there...any idea how? I helped take down the boss a few times...but not sure what all to do after that?

Yeah, I'm using the Skar that you can purchase in the DZ and I am taking mobs down with 4 or 5 hits..less if I head shot. I am now saving for the Yellow/Orange...that you can buy from the Safe House....that one looks to be fully auto though...

Gotta go for burst/single fire headshots. It will take less time......

Use some tactic for PvP...

Me and a buddy unloaded onto another player. He still had enough health to strafe away behind cover. He healed, his gang came and headshotted the shit outta me and my buddy via burst/single tap.

Back