The Division - officially announced for PC!

I didn't expect much from the game but I'm actually impressed. The game looks good, runs well, and it's just fun. The gunplay feels so much better than I expected. I haven't messed around with the dark area yet, just did the main missions and some of the encounters before stopping.

How long did it take to get your key after registering your beta access? I got the email guaranteeing access but nothing else.

I fell asleep after playing Rise of the Tomb Raider late into the night so I wasn't able to play at 7:00 AM EST...will be starting it up in a few...good to hear the positive reviews

Great graphics....reminded me a bit of MGS V meets Witcher....ive seen destiny, but on xbone...so cant compare those graphics. Gameplay is interesting, something that will grow on me with more playtime. I got up at 4, baby woke me up..:D....,but noticed the time and hopped on. Played first mission,save the doc. Im looking forward to more game play today with buddies though.

Any one try to use q controller yet? Any luck?

How long did it take to get your key after registering your beta access? I got the email guaranteeing access but nothing else.

It just gets added to the uplay account you registered the first key with. You don't get another key. This is with the Nvidia giveaway, not sure about the other ways to get into beta.

I didn't expect much from the game but I'm actually impressed. The game looks good, runs well, and it's just fun. The gunplay feels so much better than I expected. I haven't messed around with the dark area yet, just did the main missions and some of the encounters before stopping.

Same reaction. I like it.

It just gets added to the uplay account you registered the first key with. You don't get another key. This is with the Nvidia giveaway, not sure about the other ways to get into beta.

Weird I registered the key then got an email saying:

You now have guaranteed access to the Tom Clancy's The Division™ Beta!
We will send you your key via email when the beta begins.

I have nothing in my uPlay account for The Division.

I'm early in the game but I can't say I'm loving it...it's not bad but it's not pulling me in...maxed out graphics with PCSS+ shadows, SMAA Ultra etc but they don't look all that amazing...I had to check a few times to make sure that the settings were applied correctly...it looks good but nowhere close to the E3 trailers...lots of low res textures...the game has the most keyboard controls I've seen in over 10 years...seems like the entire keyboard is bound to some action...had to do my typical remapping and found I was running out of keys

best thing so far is that I love seeing their version of Manhattan...I live in Midtown Manhattan and I was expecting a 1:1 recreation but it's more of an alternate universe Fringe version of actual Manhattan

Last edited:
my 4710QM and 850m play the game at 16:9 on low @ 40 fps. Time to build a PC :(

Last edited:
Weird I registered the key then got an email saying:

You now have guaranteed access to the Tom Clancy's The Division™ Beta!
We will send you your key via email when the beta begins.

I have nothing in my uPlay account for The Division.

I checked again and apparently you do get another e-mail saying you've been activated although no key is included. That e-mail was sent about a hour after I put in the code. I just noticed the game in my library and so didn't check e-mails.

It might be what a previous poster said in that they've suspended actually giving out more access for the time being.

what do these Echo locations on the map mean?...I activate some sort of vision but what do I need to do afterwards?...how do I get to the Dark Zone pvp area?...do I need to complete a bunch of main missions first before getting access?...I just activated the Base of Operations mission

starting to price out a all used parts PC for 800 bucks just for this fucking game... If i sell my GS60 That could net me another 700 X_X... WHYYYYY does this game have to be so fun

what do these Echo locations on the map mean?...I activate some sort of vision but what do I need to do afterwards?...how do I get to the Dark Zone pvp area?...do I need to complete a bunch of main missions first before getting access?...I just activated the Base of Operations mission

Do the mission to rescue the doctor. The Dark Zone will unlock after that. Make sure you have a group before going in though. The echo's you run across while wandering the map seem to be little scenes of things that happened before you got there or something. All the stuff you get on your map after talking to people or viewing the notice board are either side missions or encounters. Encounters give you resources for your base (you can only make use of resources for the med bay in the beta) as well as money.

game is growing on me...the day/night cycles and weather effects are nice...the depiction of Manhattan as a quarantine zone ravaged by a virus is also pretty impressive from a visual standpoint...gameplay and graphics aren't blowing me away but the sum of its parts makes for an interesting game...this is definitely Ubisoft's most ambitious game ever

Encountered some pretty lame bugs so far, once guns wouldn't work, and had to set the game to Windows 7 compatibility for it to even run.

My largest complaint is the narrow FOV. Needs to be loosened up, causes me a bit of motion sickness.

Damn, having trouble finding the optimal settings to get 50ish FPS on the rig in my sig. 2 x 980 ti SLI runs at 35ish FPS on Ultra.

Encountered some pretty lame bugs so far, once guns wouldn't work, and had to set the game to Windows 7 compatibility for it to even run.

My largest complaint is the narrow FOV. Needs to be loosened up, causes me a bit of motion sickness.

No FOV adjustment option? That would be a shame.

the level of detail in the city of Manhattan is really impressive...the cover system is also very well done...I also just realized that there were more graphics settings which I didn't see initially and some of them were not maxed out...game still doesn't look as photo-realistic as the earlier trailers but it's still a nice looking game considering all the detail they packed into the city

those smoke (or is it frag grenades) create the most realistic smoke effects I've ever seen in a game

Does the Beta have PvP?

Yes.

Is anyone else getting really low FPS on high end rigs? I dropped from ultra to high preset and still not hitting a solid 60 FPS. If a dual 980ti setup can't play at Ultra, then people with single cards are gonna be stuck at Medium settings. Lower end cards like 970's are gonna be low. I'm hoping this is an optimization problem or the game doesn't support SLI fully or something.

I get 70+ FPS in Witcher 3 on Ultra and only 30 FPS in this game on Ultra. Somethings up.

I'm liking the game the more I play. I'm still having to get used to everything. I get confused sometimes with the spacebar being cover and Ctrl being jump over something. I've been in cover in a firefight and then next thing I know I'm climbing up on top of a van in plain sight of every one shooting at me.

From what I've seen everyone is getting inconsistent frames.

That sucks.

I'm liking the game the more I play. I'm still having to get used to everything. I get confused sometimes with the spacebar being cover and Ctrl being jump over something. I've been in cover in a firefight and then next thing I know I'm climbing up on top of a van in plain sight of every one shooting at me.

Same here. Like the game but having the same thing happen to me. Just need to get used to it. I'm spending too much time trying to find a happy medium with the graphics settings to get used to anything right now though.

I use the "automatic" setting and it sets things so that I end up getting like 35 FPS. Really annoying, even with Gsync that's too low.

I hate games that don't let you adjust settings before the game launches.

It takes like 3 minutes to get to the options menu when you first launch your character. And then after that, it will always be available when ever you need it.

What's everyones load out so far? The skill trees are fairly limited in the beta. So I went with pulse and medic for my specials.
I'm using the AK47 (blue item from DZ)with Acog, silencer and some other goodies
M240b (blue item from DZ)
1911a pistol (blue item from DZ)

Last edited:
I checked again and apparently you do get another e-mail saying you've been activated although no key is included. That e-mail was sent about a hour after I put in the code. I just noticed the game in my library and so didn't check e-mails.

It might be what a previous poster said in that they've suspended actually giving out more access for the time being.

Guess so, I still have nothing. What a let down.

The bullet sponge, as I feared is a pretty big turn off, so I doubt I will pick this up any time soon. Combine this with the locked FOV and my interest has all but faded in the game.

It takes like 3 minutes to get to the options menu when you first launch your character. And then after that, it will always be available when ever you need it.

I couldn't get past the character creation screen since I couldn't see the options. It seemed like it thought I had a 640 x 480 monitor so I couldn't see anything to select. Finally after the third or fourth reboot of the game via task manager, it loaded in windowed mode at some custom resolution that let me get past it.

How long does it take for the code that you activate on the UPLAY website to show up in your UPLAY account? Preordered a physical copy on Amazon and got the beta code. But after registering, I have no access. Same thing with Rainbow Six Siege.

Finally got a chance to try it on my home PC rather than laptop.

I am getting around 30-45 fps outdoors on ultra, everything maxed out. Have to turn some stuff down to get it to 60 where I want it. 980ti's are trying so hard :(

Finally got a chance to try it on my home PC rather than laptop.

I am getting around 30-45 fps outdoors on ultra, everything maxed out. Have to turn some stuff down to get it to 60 where I want it. 980ti's are trying so hard :(

Same here. Hopefully they optimize it before release. If 2 x 980ti's can't run it at 50 -60 FPS then not many people will be able to play it with all the eye candy on.

So far that's my biggest complaint. Gonna get a lot of play time this weekend so I can get a better idea of if I'll like it or not.

I'm up to Level 6, finished the single story mission in the beta, did a bunch of side missions and I'm getting the typical Ubisoft vibe of tons of collectables, side missions etc...it's a nice looking area at times but it feels like a Ubisoft game in a prettier location...haven't tried the Dark Zone yet but that's going to have to really be amazing for me to end up purchasing this game

An Update on The Division Beta Access

Due to the unprecedented demand for access to The Division Closed Beta, we can no longer guarantee access...if you have already pre-ordered The Division and have yet to receive your key, we’re working closely with our partners to ensure that you receive it tomorrow when we send out the next batch of keys

For those of you that have not pre-ordered but are on the waiting list for The Division Beta, please know that we want to get as many people in the Beta as possible...however, space will be severely limited for the rest of the beta testing phase due to high-demand...

http://blog.ubi.com/an-update-on-the-division-beta-access/

Back