The Division - officially announced for PC!

Do all preorders get access to the beta? I preordered from Best Buy, but I haven't gotten any email with an access code.

Anyone get a beta email who didn't pre-order? Or did they get enough pre-orders they aren't sending out betas to people who just signed up via email?

I called off Friday and Saturday to play the beta. My work owes me about 2 weeks worth anyways. Haha

Did anyone see the code "agentorigins"?
4 free gear sets to use at launch.

Also if anyone has Amazon Prime, check out "The Division Agent Origins" video. Pretty cool half hour(live actors) video of what's going on in the game.

cool...thanks!...nothing wrong with 4 additional skins

Lol yeah four extra sets/skins sounds good to me. Thanks to Xereck for the link.

They send you an email with an additional code to enter for full release. Beta won't work.

So star/archive that email/code until launch day.
And check out the Agent Origins flick. Not bad.

Lol yeah. Thanks to Xereck for the link.

They send you an email with an additional code to enter.
So star/archive that email or code until launch day.

they sent me 2 e-mails with 2 separate codes...I wonder if I got an extra one or if you need both to redeem all 4 skins

Huh interesting.

Not sure on the extra one. Lucky you, I only got one code. Lol

Could the other be a beta key?

I might have missed the post about it...but if anyone hasn't seen it and is interested in the game play. I'd suggest checking out the YouTube post by Angry Joe. It's pretty nice - shows the character creation....game play intro/starting area...and other details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpPLATt94n0

Sorry if it's been posted already....I am hoping this game turns out to be good.

I might have missed the post about it...but if anyone hasn't seen it and is interested in the game play. I'd suggest checking out the YouTube post by Angry Joe. It's pretty nice - shows the character creation....game play intro/starting area...and other details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpPLATt94n0

Sorry if it's been posted already....I am hoping this game turns out to be good.

everyone seems to be comparing this to Destiny- with a story...don't know what to make of that since I never played Destiny but I hear it was a disappointment after all the hype

everyone seems to be comparing this to Destiny- with a story...don't know what to make of that since I never played Destiny but I hear it was a disappointment after all the hype

Yeah, I haven't played it either...no PS4 yet..LoL. Even Joe said that there appeared to be many bugs..and with the release date so close...just hope it's not being rushed 'just because they've delayed it a few times already'.

At least they list the known issues - just hope they're all addressed before release..

hmm...maybe that was just Gamespot - Nope..it says on site Ubisoft did.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/these-are-the-division-closed-betas-known-issues/1100-6434181/

Last edited:

the comparisons are that it is an rpg with a loot system like destiny compared to other games that are just 3rd person action games

Are there going to be end game "raids" like Destiny has? Or for that matter, most MMOS have?

Also, I'm hearing talks of an auction house system for trading. Thoughts on this?

Last edited:
Just went to game stop to preorder something and the guy gave me three division beta keys for free. I'm giving them to friends but a heads up for anyone who doesn't wwnt to pay for the beta to go ask Gamestop for one.

I've just about forgotten everything about this game. I need to do some research before starting the beta tomorrow.

so the PC beta starts tomorrow at 7:00 AM EST...I think I got the conversion from GMT to EST correct

Well they give you the time in EST and PST so I would hope so....:p

Hmm, looks pretty interesting. I don't play console games, so I have no idea what Destiny is. But from what those guys were saying this game has a lot of features from Destinay along with a lot of different games, so it's actually a pretty new idea as an overall package. I know I've never played a shooter like this before with multiplayer aspects.

Also looks like a definite mouse and keyboard game. I use an X360 remote for a lot of games, but definitely not for shooters. That guy wasn't accurate at all, which is normal for trying to play a shooter with a controller.

I agree with the guys on the video. It looks great, and will look way better on a powerful PC. It has a lot of interesting gameplay. I like the RPG elements and the online team stuff. It looks very well done for a beta, and looked like a near finishted game. The loot and inventory system looked really nice.

My only worry, like the guys in the video, is if it's got enough content and stuff to be a game you can really invest time in. Or is it a lot of flash with little substance. I REALLY hope it turns out to be an amazing game that sets the bar really high, like The Witcher 3 did for open world RPGs.

Overall I'm excited to play the beta tomorrow on PC.

Yes. I didn't get my Beta email until yesterday, so keep an eye out.

I never received my beta codes from Best Buy as of 4:00 pm EST this afternoon so I called the customer service number. I figured they weren't going to know what I was talking about and I would have to keep running around in circles, but the first person I spoke to said I was the 12th person who had called and asked about getting a beta code. Then he put me through to someone else.

They said they'd email me the codes within 30 minutes, gave me a reference number, and his extension number. After an hour and a half I still hadn't received anything so I called back. I spoke to a person and told them I had an extension number and they said they couldn't patch me through to any one (so why'd the guy give me his extension number?). This person asked me for my information, apparently looked through some notes, and found that the person I had spoke to had some codes written down. So he read them to me over the phone. Any way, the codes worked and I'm downloading now.

Morning ladies! :)
About an hour till beta. I've got my Death Wish coffee all ready to go. Let's do this!

Beta keys are no longer being accepted.
Ubi has stated they've "reached maximum capacity" for the beta.

PC Gamers, could any of you take a couple screenshots of the game maxed out and post it here? Played the Xbox One Alpha for 5 hours last night and I love it. Looks great too. I would love to see some maxed-out graphics screenshots from the PC version.

Thanks!

Pre-loaded the beta last night! I just have to get through the work day and then I'll be playing. Hoping people can post screenshots throughout the day for those of us stuck at work.

Played the last three hours and must admit that I'm impressed. This beta has more content than i thought it would.

My buddies and I thought the ai were pretty lame and then we bumped the missions to hard and well, yeah.... Much more challenging.

I just discovered the Dark Zone too. I like the concept and so far only a fraction of the players I've come in contact with have been hostile.

Can anything be done about the awkward UI? It looks like there is a lot of UI customization in the menus, but I don't know what the hell any of it adjusts. I really, really hate whatever the shit is floating around to the right of the player. I don't know why it needs to be floating around my screen, but I'd much rather it be down in the corner.. like every game ever made.

Back