The Division - officially announced for PC!

Hell yes!!! I will be keeping a close eye on this but from what I have seen so far its looking like a day one buy for me.

Looks very promising. Now if I see GTA V for PC confirmed I'll really be giddy.

The game totally caught my eye. Was pretty bummed it was for consoles but this is fantastic news

Looks very promising. Now if I see GTA V for PC confirmed I'll really be giddy.

This +1000. I can't wait for that announcement, but this game looks spectacular. It's definitely on my list of 'must have' games this year.

After the debacle that was Future Soldier (and countless games before it), I'm leery of anything Ubisoft does in the Clancy franchises... but this game does look promising. I'll still be waiting for the reviews before I buy.

I've seen that 7min gameplay vid like 5 times, but I watched it again just now. Unless something horrible pops up in the news about this game, its going to be a preorder for me which is pretty rare these days.

It looks so ambitious, and I'm always leery of those games because they almost never (like 99.9% of the time) deliver fully.

Am I the only one that thought "duh"?

Like, who here really didn't think this wasn't coming to PC? Of course it was. Why wouldn't it?

Also...that companion video...that explosion at the end...holy fuck.

I can say that since the moment I watched the first game play trailer that this game is BY FAR my #1 game at this point in time. The online co-op, graphics, physics, exploration, etc...easily the best looking game I've ever seen and seem's to have everything I could want in a co-op shooter. With each day that passes I get more and more anxious...simply can't wait any longer.

Anyone know this game studios server passwords? I'd kill for another "leak" ala Half Life 2 back in the day... ;)

Ordinarily I would agree with you, but Massive are PC veterans. Hopefully they can deliver, notwithstanding that Assassin's Creed Revelations sucked ass and Farcry 3's UI on PC was rubbish.

Ubisoft's PC versions of games seem to be getting worse. Ghost Recon FS, Assassin's Creed III and Far Cry 3 (due to its rubbish UI indeed) all reeked of consolitis, and GRFS was just flatout broken. Considering how much extra effort the developers (under Ubisoft's iron hand) will be putting into the console versions due to it being on brand-new platforms, I expect that the PC version will suffer in the process more than usual.

Ubisoft's PC versions of games seem to be getting worse. Ghost Recon FS, Assassin's Creed III and Far Cry 3 (due to its rubbish UI indeed) all reeked of consolitis, and GRFS was just flatout broken. Considering how much extra effort the developers (under Ubisoft's iron hand) will be putting into the console versions due to it being on brand-new platforms, I expect that the PC version will suffer in the process more than usual.

I wouldn't say so. Considering it's a port of next-gen title which utilizes DX11 and x86 processing I see console ports getting a lot better. Even if they turn out not really doing much in PUSHING graphics for the PC platform they SHOULD still run better and be less buggy.

Plus Ubisoft has been doing better with console ports. Sure Future Soldier had a lot of issues with bugs but the graphics themselves got things like DX11 tessellation and what not.

Either way, Ubisoft won't screw the pooch on this one. It'll be amazing. I guarantee this.

L2DD7Oa.gif

I hope it looks and plays as amazing as it looks now, on release day. awesome news

The only issue I have with this game is the implementation of the UAV that can be controlled by
a tablet. So I could get 2 copies of this game and basically have a bird eyes view of everything around me. How are they going to get around this?

Other wise this game looks amazing.

Any mention of being able to play first-person? Not sure how I'll cope with another third-person game after Dead Space 3.

Graphically it looks...good...but the procedural destruction is what I'm more excited about. The problem with things like this in the past is that they usually only have certain items use the destruction, which makes it kind of lame.

The graphics in this are going to be something to behold. I couldn't believe the amount of detail when I first saw this at E3. The gameplay looks fun as hell too. Hopefully it'll play well. This is the only game i'm currently really wanting to play other than Metal Gear Solid 5. I was planning on getting the Division on PS4, but depending on which version looks/performs the best i'll choose it... PC or PS4.

Last edited:
Come on, when publishers show nice footage like this, you don't honestly expect to GET it in the final game, do you? Silly billy. :D

Yeah, it's really sad that we have to expect most of these "early gameplay" videos to end up being total bullshit these days... :(

Back