The Division - officially announced for PC!

So Ubisoft moved Massive off the Division and onto the Avatar game today. Most of the articles surmise that's it for Division content until we get a Division 2. Could be a while before we find out what happened to Aaron Keener.:wtf:

Makes me sad since I enjoy the story just as much as my current favorite show, The Expanse.

So Ubisoft moved Massive off the Division and onto the Avatar game today. Most of the articles surmise that's it for Division content until we get a Division 2. Could be a while before we find out what happened to Aaron Keener.:wtf:

Yup, I saw that news and I knew that was the probably the end of the road for this. Won't surprise if Last Stand and 1.6 is it.

I really wish they would do/would have done at least one more DLC or update to buff out that single player and at least finish that particular part of the main story and if they needed to lay it up for the inevitable part 2? Fine.

As it is, it just feels left and incomplete.

the SotG today said little of interest, aside from that we may want to catch next weeks SotG. Which will be the one year anniversary. I would imagine if there is going to be a second season pass it will be announced then.

One thing though... it does seem like Red Storm has taken over ongoing development of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Ubisoft responds to shadow of doubt hanging over The Division's future (Division 2 cancelled?)

how will Massive Entertainment, a 400-person studio, take on the considerable Avatar project alongside The Division? Not only do online games require live operations teams, they require constant development and evolution. They are huge projects...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ow-of-doubt-hanging-over-the-divisions-future

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Honestly patch 1.6 feels like shit, especially in Survival. Even with all Superior gear and 2100 stamina I'm getting fucking rolled by veterans let alone elites before I even hit the DZ. Seems like they just pushed players towards requiring a sniper rifle to stay at distance because using any other weapon, with the lack of durability, is almost suicide.

Something about my D3 build seems way off, i seem so much more squishy than I did before when I ran D3-FNC....

If you were using the Assault Shield that provided knock back, extra damage, extra damage reduction, etc. that all got nerfed. Without speccing fairly heavily into Electronics, the shield itself lost a great deal of health with this patch. If you weren't already stacking the Damage Resilience mods, do so. If you were, add to Electronics where you can and know it's still never going to be the same. You can expect roughly half the life out of your shield as you used too. Since we have to sacrifice more for Electronics now, imo the build has lost a lot of utility... but I haven't played 1.6 final yet, so take that with a grain of salt.

I will be so sad if they don't do more updates or do a division 2..... :(

Supposedly they are expanding Massive with a new team dedicated to the Avatar game. We'll have to see, because I cannot see that happening 100%. They will doubtless pull key team leads and personal, but it depends on if their plan is to slap together a quick money grab game to coincide with the movie release, or if they want to establish ANOTHER new IP they can follow up with sequels. If the later, I don't know how it wouldn't end up affecting the Division. Like so many other things, only time will tell.

I tried Dual Cassidy Lone Star tonight in Last Stand. Gotta say it was pretty fun overall if you can actually land your shots. Really tough when everyone dances around you. You can kill people from both shots of each. The trick is to hit hem before then can heal. Very different, it just takes some patience. I bet players were like wtf did I just get killed by?? lol

I tried Dual Cassidy Lone Star tonight in Last Stand. Gotta say it was pretty fun overall if you can actually land your shots. Really tough when everyone dances around you. You can kill people from both shots of each. The trick is to hit hem before then can heal. Very different, it just takes some patience. I bet players were like wtf did I just get killed by?? lol

nice, i'm going to try it out

nice, i'm going to try it out

Yeah, there's definitely some rhythm and timing to it. So don't get discouraged right away, because I kept dying alot at first.

I'm not sure what the fastest way to switch weapons is. Mine has always been mouse wheel down, then mouse wheel up. I think the weapons are also bound to 1 and 2 on the keyboard.

My setup was 4 Firearms, 1 Stamina, with Savage gloves and Barrets chest for the other 2 pieces. And both my Cassidys had Vicious and Responsive on them.

Did this get fixed in the maintenance yesterday?

I hopped in right after 1.6 to get a supply cache and got murdered in WT5. I'm going to have to drop down and try to re-gear, but I kind of sighed to myself and wandered back to the BoO. I'm scared to go in the upper DZs alone, haha.

Has anyone completed the new incrusion, Stolen Signal? I tried last night for hours with random groups, man that boss battle is hard!! Not sure how to complete that....

Found an Urban MDR last night. They buffed it. I'm going Predators Mark and I have a Showstopper in Slot 2 to proc bleed if I have to on large elites. Other than that, I'll use a fire turret or something to keep status effects up.

Found an Urban MDR last night. They buffed it. I'm going Predators Mark and I have a Showstopper in Slot 2 to proc bleed if I have to on large elites. Other than that, I'll use a fire turret or something to keep status effects up.

nice! i'm jealous, i'm working on getting exotic caches in hopes of getting an Urban MDR.

Reactions: cvinh
like this
marco has found another awesome build... this may work well in PvE also

You beat me to posting it, lol.

Marco: breaking the game since launch. It's a good thing he's not on their payroll or he might have to censor what he says. I'm guessing consumables will be removed from Last Stand and some of the talents nerfed within it. Not sure what else they are going to do to fix without going retro on their Electronics scaling changes. The strafing glitch needs to go too, but we've known this.

I was watching a good friend of mine play last stand and he ended up opposite marco for a match, they got destroyed 15k to 6k and his team was mostly lvl 28+

I finally went into the dark zone.... The frantic combat is way nicer in there than outside. My only complaint is the way it seems to spawn shit all around you as soon as you think you are clear. I've died so many times because I'll clear out like 10 dudes. start to move and spawn in front of me, turn around, spawn behind me, go a third direction oh look more dudes...

SOmetimes the enemies in this game just have magic aim and ability to murder you almost instantly that and the wonky controls that just go nuts sometimes and get me killed.

I have tried to venture into other areas, staying in the lower level palce. Kind of sucks as I get no good gear but oh well.

I ran Marcos healer build last night, it was epic. Still can't find a competent group to do the Stolen Signal incursion though.....I keep getting in groups with idiots that don't know how to play as a team. ugghh

Very informative. I need to spend more time looking over his videos because I have long since hit a plateu of sorts.

I'm guessing consumables will be removed from Last Stand and some of the talents nerfed within it.

Didn't they say they were going to do this before the final patch got released? I always thought it was kinda strong that you get full consumables and medkits every time you spawn in.

If you're a DPS build, I don't know why you wouldn't run Tenacious all the time. Just pop a medkit one after the other. You can use them at full health now.

Thanks for the heads up man. Perfect timing, I was already planning on coming up with a healer build tonight.

Yeah I put a bunch of work into a Reclaimer build before the PTS because it looked like it was going to be a useful set (and it did help us get through a Legendary run during week 1), and now it's obsolete, lol. I do have some Tacticians tucked away with one of my Alts, so I'll have to dig them out.

Between Horizon Zero Dawn and Mass Effect Andromeda I'm not sure when I'm going good to get back to The Division. I think I'm another month or more out. Maybe I'll finally be off this ridiculous shift by the time I decide to get serious again. It would be nice to game with you grunts again.

Yes come try out Last Stand. It's super fun trying out a whole lot of different builds.

For most of tonight I went with all HE/Exotic build with the Skulls gloves. This is a pretty good damage dealer build. I had the typical LVOA thing going on. Also tried it with SMGs for a little bit as well, and then at the end of the night, I went back to Assault rifles and my Primary was a.....wait for it.........a SA-58! You know burst rifles nobody uses. Surprisingly it was kind of fun. Those things have major damage on them. I had Prepared, Deadly, and Self Preserved on it. I was killing a few players with it.

It's actually good at medium, long range, I would hit players and you would see them scamper to cover, trying to heal up. Hilarious. I have never seen anybody use one yet, so you heard it here first folks. The burst Assault rifles are now viable.

There's 2 other things they need to address promptly in Last Stand. The stagger mechanic is all wrong. Whenever you get staggered from a shotgun or MMR, your screen goes haywire. Stagger is fine, but this is something different.

And the second thing I saw tonight were these cheeseballs who are running the Burst Fire MP5 with macros, basically turning them into laser beams. It's impossible to kill them when they are running a shield build and their macro automatic burst fire mp5. Again those burst fire mp5s have higher damage so it's really hard when they hide behind their shield. It was one of those DZNUTS clan members.

I played Last Stand last night with the Marco 700k healer / support build last night. It was hilarious fun. I kept coming up as first or second on the team just from healing / reviving my team. I also would run and capture the point / kill buff stations since I was basically invincible. Even killed 3 or 4 guys! The only time I got dropped was from players running DeadEye with SVDs (pretty sure it was DE since I got dropped in only a few shots). Looking forward to playing more Last Stand tonight!

Another update incoming: sorry it's long!

Last night was one of those nights in The Division I will never forget. I had been trying since 1.6 Update released to finish Warrengate on Legendary. My buddy and I would always try finding 2 more and doing it together. It failed over and over....we would get to the timer level or the final battle and just not make it. I must have tried over 30 times....no joke.

Well last night I just did a random matchmaker without my usual gaming buddy. I got into a group with 3 French guys with bad english. First battle was a little rough but I asked in chat if they had done this before and they responded that "No only challenge" and I thought "uggh...this will be rough" but I didn't leave since we were holding our own. I was running the Marco healer build BTW.

Before we got to the next red door I typed out a quick warning of what would happen next, giving them a play by play each time as suggestions. These guys were AWESOME and actually listened, but the best part was when shit got rough they would all chat to each other in French and hold their own! I wish I could have communicated with them in French but still, they were just solid experienced players. I kept them healed and they mowed stuff down. When things would really get rough one guy would yell "WHAT THE PLAN???" to me and I would type something real quick, they would all move like a tactical machine!! We didn't wipe once and actually finished it on the first run!! They kept saying "Good heals good heals" as I would keep everyone topped up or revive them if needed, and it was just a magical night I will never forget. They were all cheering at the end...seriously a special night with 3 other random people from around the world. :) :)

Man I love this game.

Yeah, thanks for sharing Mango, I like reading anything positive about the game.

In other game related news, I guess there's some new XP farming exploit in Last Stand that hopefully should get patched tomorrow.

So Year 2 news leaked early (by about 9 hours) confirming 2 free expansions. Their description was very vague, but part of it sounds like rehashed missions with Underground like modifiers. It does not sound a if the story will be progressed, or they will spend much, if any, further energy on PvP

The one good thing I heard was Loadouts were coming. I would post SkillUp's new video on it, but it's a lot of fluff built around "we don't know much at this point".

Asking the community to wait 3 to 5 months for more remixed old content is going to hurt sales of the Division 2. Don't leave a bad taste in your customer's mouth and expect them to pony up for your next game.

Edit: Live stream confirms no new story or map expansion.

Last edited:
Asking the community to wait 3 to 5 months for more remixed old content is going to hurt sales of the Division 2. Don't leave a bad taste in your customer's mouth and expect them to pony up for your next game.

Edit: Live stream confirms no new story or map expansion.

No new story content is a no go for me. I'll be moving on to other games until they release something of interest sadly.

May everyone who's enjoying the game, get the most out of it! I appreciate reading feel good stories about it even if I'm not playing it anymore.

Massive said:
Happy birthday, The Division!
03.08.2017 09:00AM

Agents,

Today, on March 8, 2017, we are celebrating the one-year anniversary of the release of Tom Clancy’s The Division. We would like to take this moment to look back at the journey we have all shared during the last 12 months and how we are celebrating the anniversary, both outside and inside the game. We also want to take a first brief look at what the future holds for The Division!

First, we would like to extend a huge thanks to our community, to all the people that have stuck with us since the announcement of the game at E3 in 2013 and to all the players that have joined us since. Thank you to all the people who take part in the discussions on our official forums, on the Division subreddit, on Twitch, on Twitter and on Facebook. In addition, of course, a big thank you to all the content creators – all our fan sites, the cosplayers, fan artists, podcasters, video creators and streamers. Our community is amazing, and your passion and dedication have been – and continue to be - essential to us as we developed, launched and expanded the game.

There have been rough times, but as we look back at our first year with The Division, we are proud of what we have created and where we are right now. From the first betas to launch, from the first expansion to the game changing Update 1.4, Survival and Last Stand, The Division has come a long, long way. Our fantastic teams at Massive Entertainment, Reflections, Red Storm and Annecy have been working like crazy to make this game great and we want to thank everyone involved in its development.

Under the continued leadership of producer Cristian Pana, creative director Julian Gerighty and game director Mathias Karlson, we are ready to expand on The Division further. Cristian and Julian, together with senior game designer Drew Rechner, visited us on our special anniversary stream to talk about our dedication to The Division and its future. If you missed the stream, make sure to watch it below!

Come celebrate on Manhattan
Of course, we will celebrate the anniversary of The Division inside the game itself as well and we will be running special events all week! Starting at 1pm GMT+1 on March 9, and ending at 6pm GMT+1 on March 11, we’ll be giving out double rewards for High Value Targets. Straight after that, running until 10am GMT+1 on March 16, you will get double Field Proficiency caches whenever you fill out your Field Proficiency bar.

TCTD_YearAnniversary_final_286411.gif

As a special gift and thank you to our active players, we will be giving you the special Celebration emote! All you will have to do to get it is to log into the game at some point between 1pm GMT+1 on March 9 and 10am GMT+1 on March 16. At the same time as you get the emote, we will give you 200 premium credits to spend at the Premium Vendor in whatever way you like.

Join us on (our virtual version of) Manhattan and celebrate The Division’s first birthday!

Special soundtrack LP and Agent Figurine
One aspect of The Division that often gets a lot of (well-deserved) praise is the soundtrack, composed by our very own Ola Strandh. Just in time for our first anniversary, we have teamed up with record label Spacelab9 and will be releasing a double LP set featuring 20 never released before tracks by Ola! The set will be available exclusively at ThinkGeek.com, beginning on March 10, packaged in a beautiful gatefold jacket.

TheDivision_LPblack_286410.jpg

The%20Division_innerLP_286412.JPG

On March 16, together with Ubi Workshop and UbiCollectibles, we are releasing the new SHD Agent Figurine! The incredibly detailed, 24-centimeter tall figurine comes with three different backlighted elements – his watch, Seeker Mine and communicator all light up. Check it out here.

Oh, and one more thing
As we mentioned above, we are still very much dedicated to the future of The Division, and before we go, we want to give you an update on some of the things you can expect over the coming months. We will have a lot more information on the subject for you soon, but we do not want to celebrate our first year without giving you a couple of major spoilers!

During 2017, we will be releasing two major content updates to The Division. These updates will add new engaging activities to the game and we are excited to announce that they will be completely free to all of our players and released simultaneously on all platforms! Both are under heavy development right now and we cannot wait to share them with you. We will also keep releasing bug fixing and balancing updates throughout the year to support the game and as a part of our long-term commitment to The Division, we will be working to improve all current existing game activities at the same time as we are adding new content.

While we need to keep many details under wraps for now, we want to introduce some of the major features coming in the first content update, set to release this summer.

First up is our take on “Seasons”: special curated playlists of missions with a twist. Using special gameplay modifiers, these missions will force you to play differently to what you are used to – using weapons, skills and tactics you might not use normally. The better you perform, the more points you will get. After running for a limited time, the Season will end, the scores will be tallied and rewards will be given out, before a new Season starts a while later with a new playlist and new modifiers. The timing of the different Seasons, as well as their official name, will be confirmed later, as they are still under development.

Over the course of the year, we are planning for several separate Seasons, which will continuously bring breaths of fresh air and new challenges to The Division.

Secondly, we are adding Feats, special The Division achievements unlocked by performing challenges in the game including, but not limited to, kill challenges, helping other agents and exploring New York. They will also include unique challenges that will encourage you to experiment with different builds and playstyles. As you finish certain Feats, you will be rewarded with special cosmetic patches to put on your character’s uniform, so that you can show off your grand achievements to your fellow agents. There will be a wide range of Feats available when the feature launches, but we will also be adding new ones over time.

We are also implementing one of our most requested features to the game – loadouts. These will allow you to save your equipment builds and easily switch between them, which will be a huge quality of life improvement for many of our players.

The second year of The Division will be an exciting one. Stay tuned for more information, enjoy celebrating the first anniversary, and we will see you on Manhattan!

Again – thank you!

/The Division Dev Team

Back