The Division - officially announced for PC!

I had to split it into two posts since this is over 20,000 characters (this forum's limit per post, TIL):

Gear Sets
  • D3-FNC
    • 4 pieces: When used, your Ballistic Shield has no skill mod active. It will no longer remove Critical Chance from your weapon.
    • Characters will now automatically switch to their sidearm if the SMG runs out of ammo.
  • Reclaimer
    • 2 pieces: +30% Support Station range.
    • 3 pieces: +50% Support Station duration.
    • 4 pieces: All Support Station mods are active at the same time.
  • AlphaBridge
    • 4 pieces: Now only provides the 3rd (free) talent of the unused weapon instead of all three. All talents ignore unlock requirements.
  • Tactician’s Authority
    • 2 pieces: +15% Skill Haste.
    • 4 pieces: Now consumes the skill power buff on skill use instead of after 10 seconds.
  • Banshee’s Shadow
    • 4 pieces:
      • While Rogue, all ammo is completely refilled every 30 seconds. Damage taken from non-rogue players reduced by 10%. (no change)
      • While not Rogue, Damage to Rogue players is increased by 10%. This bonus is increased to 20% for 10 minutes after being killed by a rogue.
  • Deadeye
    • 4 pieces: Now only works with zoomed scopes.
Loot
  • High-End Named items become Exotic:
    • This quality comes with a new item color.
    • Exotic weapons have been removed from the Advanced Weaponry Vendor.
    • Updates sources for Exotics: Some sources have been moved around. We also added more sources with chances to drop any Exotic.
    • Exotics Caches have been added to the game. These guarantee an Exotic item when opened.
  • Phoenix Credits cap has been increased from 2000 to 5000.
  • The scavenger box in the Base of Operations will now properly scale with world tier.
  • Weekly Assignment Caches will now guarantee an Exotic item.
  • Exotic items sold at Vendors have had their prices slightly increased.
  • Gear Set items have been lowered to be equivalent to High End prices.
Crafting
  • Recalibrations are now unlimited. This means that once a stat is picked for recalibration, it can be recalibrated as many times at the player has currency to pay for it. The cost will increase at first but eventually cap and no longer increase.
Weapons
  • Base damage on all weapons has been reduced to balance correctly with the reduced damage mitigation from the change to Armor (note that NPC health and damage has also been adapted to preserve the Time to Kill and Time to be Killed values pre 1.6).
  • SMGs have been given back their Critical Hit Chance, with a maximum roll of around 22%.
  • Coolheaded will now have a small cooldown to not trigger repeatedly with automatic weapons.
  • L86
    • Base Damage increased by 4%.
    • Damage falloff at range reduced by 40%.
  • Provident talent: The last bullet of a magazine deals 10% more damage. (Instead of 60%)
Named Weapons

• All Named Weapons are now of Exotic Quality.
  • Exotic weapons now each have a unique talent in the 3rd free slot. The other 2 talents are rolled randomly from the list of talents available to this weapon type.
  • Exotic weapons owned pre-Update 1.6 will have the new unique talent added and their remaining talents randomly rerolled.
  • Exotic weapon talents are not transferred to the other weapon when using AlphaBridge.
  • Exotic talents cannot be recalibrated. See above for more information about how recalibration works for legacy items.
  • Exotic weapons each received a unique descriptive lore text in their UI.
  • Some Exotic Weapons now function as Gear Sets: The unique talent unlocks when two specific Exotic weapons are equipped.
  • FAMAS is now an Exotic weapon and Uncomplicated its unique talent. It has been renamed Bullfrog.
    • Base damage increased by 11.7%.
  • Tommy Gun
    • Carefree: Hipfire damage is increased by 11%.
  • Medved
    • Center Mass: Shoots heavy slugs instead of buckshot.
  • Hungry Hog
    • Glutton: Killing a target increases your damage dealt by 10% until you stop firing. Multiple kills stack this bonus up to 5 times.
  • Tenebrae
    • Lights out: Destroying an enemy weak point resets skill cooldowns for you and your nearby group members. This talent has a 10 second cooldown.
  • Pakhan
    • Pakhan: Each kill makes the next reload have 20% extra bullets compared to its base.
  • Liberator & Centurion (Weapon Gear Set)
    • Free Republic: Each shot with the Liberator grabts +5% to you next headshot damage with the Centurion. Max is 200%. Kills with the Centurion grant +10% RPM to all weapons for 10 seconds.
  • Valkyria becomes Hildr & Eir (Weapon Gear Set)
    • Valkyria: Each hit with Hildr increases critical hit damage by 1% to a max of 30. The bonus decreases by 1 every second. This bonus only applies to Eir.
    • Hildr cannot crit.
  • Cassidy
    • Boomstick: Double trigger fires off both barrels in short succession.
  • Urban MDR
    • Base damage increased by 65%.
    • Distracted: Your damage is increased by 18% against targets with status effects.
  • Warlord
    • Play rough: Damage taken is reduced by 20% while firing. The taken damage is applied when you stop firing.
  • Thompson M1928
    • Carefree: Hipfire damage is increased by 11%.
  • Damascus
    • Quickdraw: When drawn weapon damage is increased by 20% for 2 seconds. After that weapon damage is decreased by 20%.
  • Golden Rhino
    Golden Rhino: Increase stagger by 200%.
  • Historian
    History repeats: Each bullet embers itself in the target and detonates 2 seconds later for 700% of the user’s Firearms.
  • Caduceus
    • Caduceus: Each Critical Hit heals you and your group for 1% of the user’s Skill Power. This talent has a 0.2 seconds cooldown. A player can only be healed by one Caduceus at a time.
  • Midas
    • Midas: Each bullet you hit with reduces your damage by 1% and your target's damage by 1% to a max of 20%. The effect is reduced by 5% per second.
  • Showstopper
    • Base damage increased by 11%.
Open World
  • Civilians will now always drop Target Intel when helped.
  • Collectibles will now reward players with more XP when picked up at level 30.
Survival
  • Crafting High End pistols will no longer cost Division Tech
  • Updated Survival Cache content: it no longer has a specific drop that weights towards weapons introduced in Survival and has a more generic drop instead. Exotic items have a small chance to drop as a bonus.
  • Reviving players from downed state will now cost a Medkit.
  • When matchmaking in Solo PvP Survival, players will end up in a guaranteed Solo instance where grouping is not possible.
  • Players can no longer “loot and kill” other downed players in PvE Survival.
  • Supplies available around the different spawn hideouts have been rebalanced.
Underground
  • Killing NPCs will now grant Underground XP instead of normal XP. This means that players will no longer earn normal XP when playing Underground.
  • Underground Caches now guarantee two items instead of one. Exotic items have a small chance to drop as a bonus.
Incursions
  • Increased the Weekly Rewards on all Challenging and Heroic Incursions.
Gameplay
  • [PC Only] Several improvements and bug fixes made to gamepad support on PC.
Bug fixes
  • Fixed a bug where sometimes consumables would not be consumed when used in Survival mode or normal gameplay.
  • Fixed a bug where the game would return an incorrect out of playable map area error in DZ06.
  • Fixed a bug where the UI would incorrectly reflect the protection bonus from Hunter’s Faith. gear set talent when two or more players had the 4-piece bonus active while in close proximity.
  • Fixed a bug where players could accidentally use consumables while browsing the emote wheel.
  • Fixed a bug where the Pulse Master skill would not always trigger the early warning for hostile characters.
  • Fixed several instances of Ballistic Shield becoming unusable.
  • Fixed a bug where Recovery Link would not trigger correctly.
  • Fixed a bug where players would be unable to do anything for a few seconds after using a skill.
  • Fixed a bug where the UI QuickNav function would not work properly.
  • Fixed a bug where crafting material quality would not scale properly with world tier.
  • Fixed a bug on PlayStation 4 where players would be stuck in infinite loading.
  • Fixed a bug where weapon talents would not activate if the character attribute values were equal, but not higher than the requirements.
  • Fixed several instances of delay when using First Aid.
  • Fixed a bug where Vigorous talent would not work properly.
  • Fixed a bug where players would be able to use consumables infinitely.
  • Fixed a bug where the Competent weapon talent would not work for certain skills.
  • Fixed a bug where the Coolheaded weapon talent would reduce consumable duration.
  • Fixed a bug where the NPC audio would not work after ending a Survival game mode session.
  • Fixed a bug where a Favorited item could be accidentally marked as junk.
  • Fixed a bug where NPCs would often get perfect aim.
  • Fixed a bug where mods could be unequipped randomly when relogging into the game.
  • Fixed a bug with Mobile Cover where talents Adept, Competent and Capable would stay active until either the cover was destroyed or the player changed cover.
  • Fixed a bug where sometimes the player would lose input functionality after closing the stash.
  • Fixed a bug where the Signature skill cooldown would not update on the party’s UI if used outside of party range.
  • Fixed a bug with the Chromatic aberration graphical setting.
  • Fixed a bug where crafted level 34 extended magazines would roll with lower stats than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where the Nimble talent could revive the player from a downed/dead state.
  • Fixed a bug where enemies would be stuck behind a door during a mission in the Garment District.
  • Fixed a bug where Brycce Thompson would randomly repeat some of his lines even after the player completes the related mission.
  • Fixed several instances of FPS drops and freezes.

Here's something not in the patch notes:

They also added lore text to all gear sets, not just exotic items. Kinda silly, but I like the additional background.

Anywho, can't wait to try this out later. I don't think this is going to be ready before work, so it might have to be later on for me. The next thing they should focus on is LOADOUTS.

Especially with Last Stand and normalization, you don't have to worry about min maxing anything, just find the gear that has the right attributes for you.

My game is already patched but I have to wait another 45 minutes (I think) before I can jump on. Looking forward to seeing how my 9k electronic Tactician build goes & how much I need to optimize it before I get anywhere with beating up elites again.

ghostwich I was in the process of breaking it up & fixing up the text... then I noticed after posting that you had done the same thing. :LOL: Nuked my 2 posts quite fast... :eek:

I was half asleep and saying "WTF there's a character limit *grumble grumble grumble*"

Here's something not in the patch notes:

They also added lore text to all gear sets, not just exotic items. Kinda silly, but I like the additional background.

Anywho, can't wait to try this out later. I don't think this is going to be ready before work, so it might have to be later on for me. The next thing they should focus on is LOADOUTS.

Especially with Last Stand and normalization, you don't have to worry about min maxing anything, just find the gear that has the right attributes for you.

I thought this was a QOL thing they were going to put in with this one? That sucks. I just finished DX:MD's last DLC and was going to pop on and see how I fare (not well seeing as how I did zero Survival and my gear is weak as 1.3 or earlier).

Not sure if I understand correctly but does sound like the Predator's set has become somewhat useless if the player can survive long enough...
And Midas only seems useful in PVE in group play.
But rest does sound nice. Didn't get time to play last PTS so I stocked to get this update down and running.
So so many caches saved.

Most of us are at work but the update has been delayed until 09:00 EST or thereabouts (15:00 CET, 06:00 PST).

And FYI the update is about 8.5GB. This brings my total install to 45.4GB.

(R6 Siege is 76.6GB WTF!)

Most of us are at work but the update has been delayed until 09:00 EST or thereabouts (15:00 CET, 06:00 PST).

And FYI the update is about 8.5GB. This brings my total install to 45.4GB.

(R6 Siege is 76.6GB WTF!)

That's probably due to the Ultra HD texture pack, it's the same size as the game ;) (for R6)

My game is already patched but I have to wait another 45 minutes (I think) before I can jump on. Looking forward to seeing how my 9k electronic Tactician build goes & how much I need to optimize it before I get anywhere with beating up elites again.

Dude I want you on my team in Last Stand. At 9k electronics can you tell me later what tactical pulse scanner gives you for crit hit damage?

You run that, I'll run Deadeye and well become best friends. In the patch if I use the pulse, I barely get any extra crit damage from pulse now when I'm mostly firearms.

Anyway, are the servers up yet??

What a disaster everytime these guys release a major update.

Dude I want you on my team in Last Stand. At 9k electronics can you tell me later what tactical pulse scanner gives you for crit hit damage?

You run that, I'll run Deadeye and well become best friends. In the patch if I use the pulse, I barely get any extra crit damage from pulse now when I'm mostly firearms.

The patch is up but I think the DLC content is not?

I'll have to test the tactical pulse scanner out, but I don't own Last Stand... Maybe if I had fun with PvP I might get it but I'm such a soft target. Not sure how my specs will look once I get back in the game.

Last night I couldn't even get in even though it was past the 4 hour window.

Edit: Just got on to check my stats. Not much has changed, so I'll have to see how PvE gameplay goes later.

Last edited:
You all have fun, I'll be off playing Horizon Zero Dawn. Should be back about the time they are starting to fix all the new stuff they broke.

You all have fun, I'll be off playing Horizon Zero Dawn. Should be back about the time they are starting to fix all the new stuff they broke.

Booo this man. Come play Last Stand with me. I assure you it's a lot more fun than DZ PvP. It's not just me either, look on the reddit page. There's quite a few threads saying they actually like Last Stand. When was the last time anyone said anything positive about Division PvP?

So far so good. My AlphaBridge build is just as lethal as before so far as I can tell.

Only issue I'm having is every once in a while I go from a stead 144 FPS to like 8 then back up again. Weird stutter that never happened before, no idea why it's doing that.

I'm getting some weird flashing textures now. Never had that until now.

I am annoyed with the sticky bomb change. I liked being able to shoot it and mash the button so it would explode almost immediately upon hitting something... now there is a massive delay.

So far so good. My AlphaBridge build is just as lethal as before so far as I can tell.

Only issue I'm having is every once in a while I go from a stead 144 FPS to like 8 then back up again. Weird stutter that never happened before, no idea why it's doing that.

Cool, what do you have for your 4 talents then? I suspect people will still be running this setup. It can still be powerful with Barrets vest, and something like Tenacious mask.

So I spent the night playing Last Stand like I thought I would. Only tried it with Deadeye so far. There was some adjustment curve not using the Pro Red dot sight, and going only with the C79 scope (there's one for sale in DZ9 safehouse btw). My good old Socom MK20 may have to bite the dust. It has Destructive on it, which is pretty much useless now in PvP.

I do like those because they have higher base damage than the SVDs, but they kick like a mule. I was using an SVD I found later on that had Capable, Swift, and Deadly. I think Capable would work better with the MK20, and for SVD talents, I would probably want, Unforgiving, Deadly, and then Competent in the free slot.

You get so much gear playing Last Stand. I didn't even have time to open all those caches. The good thing I did notice was I got killed by a bunch of different weapons, so I'm glad for some diversity.

Cool, what do you have for your 4 talents then? I suspect people will still be running this setup. It can still be powerful with Barrets vest, and something like Tenacious mask.

So I spent the night playing Last Stand like I thought I would. Only tried it with Deadeye so far. There was some adjustment curve not using the Pro Red dot sight, and going only with the C79 scope (there's one for sale in DZ9 safehouse btw). My good old Socom MK20 may have to bite the dust. It has Destructive on it, which is pretty much useless now in PvP.

I do like those because they have higher base damage than the SVDs, but they kick like a mule. I was using an SVD I found later on that had Capable, Swift, and Deadly. I think Capable would work better with the MK20, and for SVD talents, I would probably want, Unforgiving, Deadly, and then Competent in the free slot.

You get so much gear playing Last Stand. I didn't even have time to open all those caches. The good thing I did notice was I got killed by a bunch of different weapons, so I'm glad for some diversity.

I was running that exact combo! Barrets + Tenacious.

I fixed the texture issue, seems that the game runs smoother when I activate my MSI Gaming App which sets my dual 1080s to OC mode. There is some kind of clock speed bug going on with factory overclocked cards and the latest nvidia drivers I think, so they think they should throttle down sometimes when they shouldn't.

Booo this man. Come play Last Stand with me. I assure you it's a lot more fun than DZ PvP. It's not just me either, look on the reddit page. There's quite a few threads saying they actually like Last Stand. When was the last time anyone said anything positive about Division PvP?

Lol. You know I'll be back, and I'll be happy to go shoot players with you.

Bring your shield guy to Last Stand. I hate those setups now. Also Strikers with BM SASG is strong.

Oh I forgot to mention my favorite thing so far in the patch. Go to DZ9 safe house and 2 jackets are for sale, the Anchorage and Tulip (which may be the former Cherry jacket) jackets!! I never found those before. Almost makes up for the insane premium vendor prices.

I'll post pics later if you e never seen those.

It's so dumb that they don't give you full previews of the appearance mods!! So frustrating....you have to blindly buy many of them.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
It's so dumb that they don't give you full previews of the appearance mods!! So frustrating....you have to blindly buy many of them.

Agreed. The only one I remember and liked from the pts was the co tractor outfit. I am not blindly buying these until I see what they look like.

If you want the Rikers outfit just equip Barrets vest, any police jacket, and those orange CBRN pants and a black beanie.

As someone who threw in the towel on the DZ I have to say I had a good first run in Last Stand.

I like the fact that something like this is even possible: I was a point C on defense and for whatever reasons everyone else took off for B and A.

I had a couple of stray rogue agents come through and was actually lucky enough to kill one of them... I had the turrets activated and all I did was kill rikers when they showed up and I just racked up "100 defense" over and over again in addition to those kills.

I came away with a hell of a lot of loot even though my side lost by a fairly small margin. If I can continue to have broadly experiences like that then I'm going to be happy with LS.

Seeing some of the old missions have legendary difficulty added is going to be a hoot. I wish everyone's favorite grinder, Lexington, had gotten Legendary as well. Can you imagine? ;)

Last edited:
Last Stand's PVP mode should have been in the game from day 1. FINALLY a sane PVP mode. And you can seemingly be at least vaguely useful no matter what retarded gear you have. I just jumped into it with a random mishmash of shit since I haven't played in a while and I could still fight people just fine.

Also, it seems absolutely paramount to stay with your fucking team and back your homies up. If there's 1 trends I notice, people get split up then fucked. We were getting absolutely reamed one game but suddenly decided to start rolling deep as a posse and fought it back to like 14700 to 15000. And I'm not sure if it's lag but sometimes the shooting feels janky. Occasionally I'll melt someone in like 2 seconds full health to dead and other times it'll be like 20 rounds do almost nothing. I can actually HEAR the bullets impacting the person but I'm just doing no damage. Like 80% of the shots mysteriously didn't register.

Mostly though it's probably the most fun (and by far, balanced) PVP has ever been in this game, I think. At least so far.

Yeah having 2 "roamers" per team is a valid strategy. They should guard the base, kill mpcs, and be the ones activating the tactical boosts.

And 6 others should be fighting at Bravo. If no one deviates from that you should win most rounds.

Or another strategy that worked well and was used against us last night was they had a 4 man squad kept attacking our base. Once they defeated our defenses it was difficult to kill them with a couple of guys. Eventually you'll retake your base, but by then they had accrued so many points. We were unable to catch back up.

If you haven't been through the new DZ areas I thought I should mention that it's not Disney World:
0Dldp38.png

NWF0QRS.png

Lots of new strongholds and rather vivid imagery. Looks like I'll actually be spending time in the DZ, finally.

If you haven't been through the new DZ areas I thought I should mention that it's not Disney World:
0Dldp38.png

NWF0QRS.png

Lots of new strongholds and rather vivid imagery. Looks like I'll actually be spending time in the DZ, finally.

that looks awesome. I wasn't able to play much last night. i just ran quickly to the DZ9 safehouse since i was looking for a C79 scope supposed to be for sale there, but it was not. i don't recall seeing any areas like your pics, i'll have to do some more exploring tonight.

Last Stand's PVP mode should have been in the game from day 1. FINALLY a sane PVP mode. And you can seemingly be at least vaguely useful no matter what retarded gear you have. I just jumped into it with a random mishmash of shit since I haven't played in a while and I could still fight people just fine.

Also, it seems absolutely paramount to stay with your fucking team and back your homies up. If there's 1 trends I notice, people get split up then fucked. We were getting absolutely reamed one game but suddenly decided to start rolling deep as a posse and fought it back to like 14700 to 15000. And I'm not sure if it's lag but sometimes the shooting feels janky. Occasionally I'll melt someone in like 2 seconds full health to dead and other times it'll be like 20 rounds do almost nothing. I can actually HEAR the bullets impacting the person but I'm just doing no damage. Like 80% of the shots mysteriously didn't register.

Mostly though it's probably the most fun (and by far, balanced) PVP has ever been in this game, I think. At least so far.

so how does last stand work exactly? is it always team based or some kind of free for all/team hybrid thing?

that looks awesome. I wasn't able to play much last night. i just ran quickly to the DZ9 safehouse since i was looking for a C79 scope supposed to be for sale there, but it was not. i don't recall seeing any areas like your pics, i'll have to do some more exploring tonight.

The first time I went to the back of DZ09 during the PTS, it gave me this eerie, overwhelming feeling of disaster, like I could see the real toll the disease had taken on NY. It is a tribute to the level designers to pull off that kind of emotion in a PvP area. I was impressed.

The first time I went to the back of DZ09 during the PTS, it gave me this eerie, overwhelming feeling of disaster, like I could see the real toll the disease had taken on NY. It is a tribute to the level designers to pull off that kind of emotion in a PvP area. I was impressed.

Agreed. There's a short audio recording of a JTF officer saying something about it which is another great touch, too; they don't have to add anything as far as lore is concerned and can just drop you into this area. The additional immersion is something I appreciate.

So Ubisoft moved Massive off the Division and onto the Avatar game today. Most of the articles surmise that's it for Division content until we get a Division 2. Could be a while before we find out what happened to Aaron Keener.:wtf:

Two times now I've tried with a random group to complete the Legendary warrengate...we get to the last room and get wiped over and over :(

If any of you guys would like to attempt it tonight around 6pm EST let me know, join my group in game! UPlay name is Spraying_Mango

Also, what is your go-to build for 1.6? I'm running more of a support build - 4 Tac w/ 2 HE (Barrets & Specialized backpack)

Something about my D3 build seems way off, i seem so much more squishy than I did before when I ran D3-FNC....

Back