The Division - officially announced for PC!

Switched out from AlphaBridge to DeadEye thanks to the chatter in here. That's been on my shortlist to try but you all tantalized me enough so here goes. ;)

EDIT: Pretty wimpy as is vs the A-B build I had. Going to need to do some work...

EDIT AGAIN: Mixing and matching some of that A-B with some of the DeadEye I've got... wow, I could have the best of both worlds here.

Yeah it's definitely squishy, I like how it forces you to change play styles. I use my turret to great effect, and pick a spot back from the NPCs. I do PVE 99% of the time.

Yeah it's definitely squishy, I like how it forces you to change play styles. I use my turret to great effect, and pick a spot back from the NPCs. I do PVE 99% of the time.

It's nutty but I ended up doing a 3 Dead Eyes and 3 AlphaBridge setup and I have this "best of both worlds" thing going... that's a helluva combo the way this is working for me at present. :)

I'm all about PvE myself, so I'm thinking of skipping Last Stand & waiting for Massive to actually make some new story-based PvE.

Yeah the end game for PvE is HVT missions that are timed it seems. I detest timed missions in games. DZ PvP is just terrible so no interest in it for me. I've taken the game as far as I like. For me its a dead end game. A shame too because they had a nice game concept but unless you're big on PvP its not that good IMHO. I'm just glad I got the game for free. No money lost.

Yeah the end game for PvE is HVT missions that are timed it seems. I detest timed missions in games. DZ PvP is just terrible so no interest in it for me. I've taken the game as far as I like. For me its a dead end game. A shame too because they had a nice game concept but unless you're big on PvP its not that good IMHO. I'm just glad I got the game for free. No money lost.

They need to continue the story with Aaron Keener, Amherst, & the rest of the 1st Wave rogue agents. I hate dead ends, which is why I'm trying to complete everything PvE wise before I call it quits.

They need to continue the story with Aaron Keener, Amherst, & the rest of the 1st Wave rogue agents. I hate dead ends, which is why I'm trying to complete everything PvE wise before I call it quits.

So they definitely aren't going to do this...or at least not yet?

I'm wondering if they have a Year 2 Pass planned, or Division 2? I hope they keep this franchise going because I really do love the game.

I'm wondering if they have a Year 2 Pass planned, or Division 2? I hope they keep this franchise going because I really do love the game.

Me, too.

I really do see a lot more potential mileage out of this if they play their cards right for both PVE and PVP sides.

All of you doing PTS? PLEASE drown them in feedback about the forthcoming 1.6 update because I am concerned about some of the feedback I've seen from some of you about it.

ugh... Guess i have a looong way to go in this game eh.. Just picked it up for 10 bucks at walmart, any tips to give a noob? Think im level 11 and DZ 8....

Last edited:
mainly enjoy it. if you want to level faster then there are +xp armor pieces. the game up to level 30 is very enjoyable, after that there are just continuing issues. The 1.6 patch will be coming out soon, and everything will change. don't bother with crafting, it is mostly a waste of time.

oh, and welcome to the DZ

https://gfycat.com/AdventurousDeadCrane

Last edited:
That's bullshit if Massive actually nerfs Deadeye after Marco says it's overpowered. People need to stop treating this guys words as gold on every single thing about this game. He admitted he didn't even try it. He watched a REALLY GOOD PLAYER (Widdz) just wreck people with this.

Let me get this straight. Deadeye was changed from hipfire to now zoom-in to be able to crit. No one used it after that and everyone was crying for them to change it back. Deadeye has not changed since then, but suddenly NOW it's overpowered?

Deadeye is a glass cannon build. You need to sacrifice armor (and now health) for crit damage. There are counters to it. I'll tell you what wrecked me in PTS4. The D3 guys with their SMGS. I'm trying to shoot their toes while they shred me. Again if you're up in my face I'm probably dead as well.

Now I'm mad because everyone's going to be running this because Marco gives it a 0 tier grade. It's only good in Last Stand. I can't kill anyone with it in the normal Dark Zone.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I don't really care about the SVD. Those have such lower base damages than the MK20 SSR, or Police MK 17 or even the Historian. I use the Steady Hands talent for extra stability. Btw there's a PRO red dot sight with 19% crit damage, accuracy, and stability for sale at one of the vendors this week. I never even had one with 19 crit damage, so I bought a few.

I went with mostly Nimble holster and either Tenacious mask or Reckless chest while using DeadEye in Last Stand. Screw that balanced build stuff. :)

Btw there's a PRO red dot sight with 19% crit damage, accuracy, and stability for sale at one of the vendors this week. I never even had one with 19 crit damage, so I bought a few.

If you remember or find out where this is, please let us know.

I don't really care about the SVD. Those have such lower base damages than the MK20 SSR, or Police MK 17 or even the Historian. I use the Steady Hands talent for extra stability. Btw there's a PRO red dot sight with 19% crit damage, accuracy, and stability for sale at one of the vendors this week. I never even had one with 19 crit damage, so I bought a few.

I went with mostly Nimble holster and either Tenacious mask or Reckless chest while using DeadEye in Last Stand. Screw that balanced build stuff. :)

I think the dead eye exploit had to do with the ability to quick-scope with no loss in field of view. the svd was used because of low recoil and high accuracy. it allows people to put out some really high and consistent numbers, afterall in the video showing it off dude gets 40 kills in one game session.

like this
It's a niche build. More people will be using it, yes, but how many will stick with it? It doesn't play like an AR or SMG, it takes a unique shooting style that takes time to get used too. I think it will see a rise in use, but I doubt it will become the next AlphaBridge. It's situational and picky, the spray and pray crowd will not like it.

As for Massive nerfing it, there is no way to tell that yet. They'll either do it based solely on Marco's video (and some 1.5 / PTS usage stats), or they will wait to see if enough people use it to an OP extent before they will touch it. The PTS is over and they have got to be finalized, or close to it, and focused on release. If a nerf makes it in now, it would be untested by the community and could cause backlash. We'll just have to wait and see.

Inevitably, something is going to rise up as a favorite and face a nerf. Unfortunately, sometimes it happens to stuff we like.

I think the dead eye exploit had to do with the ability to quick-scope with no loss in field of view. the svd was used because of low recoil and high accuracy. it allows people to put out some really high and consistent numbers, afterall in the video showing it off dude gets 40 kills in one game session.

I'm watching this video and he does have some nice 'time to kill', but if you watch his minimap, he also has 2-3 squad mates on his tail constantly that are also shooting his targets and taking some of the heat off him (survivability). The set is nice, but it requires you to ads to make the most of it. That's fine at distance, but up close if he were alone against more than one opponent, the reduced fov puts him at a disadvantage. You can practice some of the disadvantage down, but not to the point it replaces an AR.

I just think this problem will be a flash-fire. It's today's soap opera, but I don't see enough people using it to crimp diversity like AB or Sentry did.

So, since we're on the topic of builds... Is Tactician the only gear set that focuses on electronics? I found that AB gloves work great with my build but I haven't seen much else to support or mix & match for stronger results past 9K (would be great to hit 10K).

Not really sure what you mean by 9k or 10k... do you mean 90k or 100k?
Tacticians is the only one focused on electronics however there are many HE pieces that also work....
I think specialized backpack gives electronics based on firearms and stamina, barrets gives electronics if no skills on cooldown, also any mask can roll skill power

When you look at the count of Firearms, Toughness, & Electronics. My Electronics count is at 9K.

Strangely, most HE gear doesn't have great electronics built-in.

Last edited:
sorry, my brain is used to thinking in terms of skillpower. Electronics is mainly used for unlocking weapon talents, skillpower controls the breakpoints for skills....

Yep, I use skills all of the time against PvE, so that's why I'm hunting down that type of gear.

They need to fix underground matchmaking, at this poimt I am inviting random people and spamming local chat. I can solo hard no problem but I like being in a group.

They need to fix underground matchmaking, at this poimt I am inviting random people and spamming local chat. I can solo hard no problem but I like being in a group.

I've noticed that, too. I'm guessing it's more due to popularity and where the players are.

You can grind Lexington Challenging all day long with groups piece of cake but Matchmaking in Underground is noticeably harder to come by. Likely a lot less popular. I'm amazed I've gotten as much done in it solo as I have.

With Underground, I've been soloing 3 phase on hard. It can definitely be a bit boring but I think that once I've collected every item & hit level 40, I'll be done with it. Not enough variety.

I've noticed that, too. I'm guessing it's more due to popularity and where the players are.

You can grind Lexington Challenging all day long with groups piece of cake but Matchmaking in Underground is noticeably harder to come by. Likely a lot less popular. I'm amazed I've gotten as much done in it solo as I have.

I think it has to do with having to go with certain game options, just give me a matchmaker that I can select the difficulty and that's it.

like this
its is just poor DLC design. If they expanded the map then people would just play on the regular map and the expanded map. instead they gave us game modes. people get tired of game modes, matchmaking breaks, DLC becomes worthless.

Still no release date for 1.6 yet. My guess would be Tuesday after next.

They did nerf something with Deadeye. You can't use the red dot scopes with it, only the real sniper scopes, the 3.4x, 4x, 8x, etc.

I guess that's a fair trade off. I'll use the C79 scopes on the SVDs, and MK20, and go with 15x scopes for the bolt actions for long range shots.

There didn't seem to be alot of other relevant info from the SOTG today. Level 34 extended mags are now fixed, but not retroactively. What took so long on that one?

Guys, save your weekly assignment caches. Each will give you an exotic item come 1.6. Also buy as many named items as you can. Those should be improved in the patch. I'm also saving any field proficiency caches too. They are increasing phoenix credit cap to 5000, so why not max out now and then you have more to add right away.

Lol, I caught some of it. 1.6 will come out on all platforms together, so it is currently in certification process for xbox/ps3. People were like "Worst SotG ever"

The deadeye change seems very fair, it does not break deadeye and does not break SVD

They did nerf something with Deadeye. You can't use the red dot scopes with it, only the real sniper scopes, the 3.4x, 4x, 8x, etc.

I guess that's a fair trade off. I'll use the C79 scopes on the SVDs, and MK20, and go with 15x scopes for the bolt actions for long range shots.

nothing to get worked up over, but that's a bummer for me. i only run my deadeye set with red dot sights. oh well, adapt and move on i guess.

They sure do like nerfing the fun out of this game. I think they watch Youtube as much as Trump watches CNN.

I mean I'll get over it, but it's also funny to me that DeadEye has not changed one bit since 1.4 dropped. I've seen some posts on Reddit where a few people said they were running it. Yet during the PTS one famous YouTuber destroys people with it, and then another famous YouTuber says it needs to be nerfed without ever trying it out for himself.

And today they announce no more red dot sights will work with DeadEye. No one said a damn thing about this until Widdz posts his video and Marco tells them what to do. I still don't understand how this set has been out since 1.4 but all of a sudden right now it's overpowered. Why can't they only change things just for Last Stand if they don't want people going on 40+ kill streaks?

I was actually looking forward to running this in Last Stand. And yes most of the time I was gunning with my Socom MK20 with the red dot sight. I'll adapt, but my frustrations may linger on for a bit. Note to anyone here, if they find a powerful combination just keep it to yourself from now on. Or just post it here like I've been saying about DeadEye for weeks. :)

For a dev, Massive is very kneejerk-y :mad: No PvE in sight is not cool. They just keep burning away at the PvP focus, which will probably mean I'll go play other SP games for a long while.

So Alpha Bridge was the new meta so nerf that. Defence was to powerful so nerf that. DeadEye would be the new meta so nerf it. Turrets would be the new meta so we gotta kill that. Imagine if the new meta was having all these OP builds in the game and the hard part was choosing the one that was the most fun?

Back