The Division - officially announced for PC!

I was getting questions about the Last Stand DLC last night and thought I'd post this. This comes from the "General Assembly" mission (last story mission). I'll avoid any other spoilers for those who have not played it yet.

0T7SN0.jpg

This map can be found in the Auditorium right before the last boss battle. It shows an extended DZ, and possibly open world. If this teaser holds true, then we will be getting to go to Central Park for the Last Stand. Hopefully it will include Hunters and lots of new loot!

--

A mild update to my D3-FNC build:

K9YMne.jpg

Ditched the PP-19 for an MP-5. I still get a 67 round mag and the rate of fire is much higher, making for a vast improvement in burst damage and reduced time to kill.

4IP5Jl.jpg

The MP5 is modded for Critical Hit DAMAGE & Headshot damage, no Crit Hit Chance. Also a Loud Vent Brake to further increse my Threat level (pull more agro).

C4OssP.jpg

Found one with Responsive and Ferocious, and rerolled for Brutal. The only thing that would have been better would be Destructive instead of Ferocious (works in PvP and PvE).

--

jmaker this is just for you.

dU0PW2.jpg

iLmV4Y.jpg

ZGsK6t.jpg

RuozZX.jpg

D8V3TK.jpg

If only the Sharing mechanic didn't suck so much. ;):p:D

Last edited:
There is a tab on the inventory screen that shows the number of miscellaneous items you have including things like keys and intelligence and so forth
Yea when I go to that screen it'll show green and blue material but all the yellow mats don't exist.

Frrak, oh yeah but do you have a Bliss holster?? Huh, do ya? .....neither do I. I can't find one of those to save my life. :( I must have run GA like 5 hours the past couple days, and that jerk won't drop his holster. Always gets burned up in the wreckage I guess.

Still have never gotten one named thing in a field cache. I did Lincoln Tunnel for 2 hours straight earlier today and didn't get jack from about 14 caches.

Frrak, oh yeah but do you have a Bliss holster?? Huh, do ya? .....neither do I. I can't find one of those to save my life. :( I must have run GA like 5 hours the past couple days, and that jerk won't drop his holster. Always gets burned up in the wreckage I guess.

Still have never gotten one named thing in a field cache. I did Lincoln Tunnel for 2 hours straight earlier today and didn't get jack from about 14 caches.

How many Barret's Chest pieces do you have compared to me?

All of them, the answer is all of them. :p

Tried this game on the free weekend

Had fun so bought it. Leveled up to around 9 and then found it very boring. Picked it back up a few days ago and decided to try match making and holy shit it's infinitely more fun with a few decent guys who just want to do missions.

I've put in 15 hours since and I'm an adult with a family LOL.

I played the dark zone a. It and it was cool. Seems if no one hijacks the extraction things go off without a hitch. What is the point of the DZ besides PVP? Seems the loot is a lot better? How do you find orange. I've yet to find anything higher than blue. I did get a purple. Not sure what that is.

Tried this game on the free weekend

Had fun so bought it. Leveled up to around 9 and then found it very boring. Picked it back up a few days ago and decided to try match making and holy shit it's infinitely more fun with a few decent guys who just want to do missions.

I've put in 15 hours since and I'm an adult with a family LOL.

I played the dark zone a. It and it was cool. Seems if no one hijacks the extraction things go off without a hitch. What is the point of the DZ besides PVP? Seems the loot is a lot better? How do you find orange. I've yet to find anything higher than blue. I did get a purple. Not sure what that is.
You might have to change the world tier to a higher level, i didnt get very many gold drops until i was at lvl 30

the HE (orange) loot does not begin until endgame, level 30. The DZ is good because the bosses respawn every 10 minutes or so, making it possible to run a short loop from boss to boss. The loot also tends to be a bit better quality than the LZ. Purple is the step before HE.

Just a heads up for those who haven't seen it. The Blueprint Vendor in the Terminal (post level 30) has a Small Grip Blueprint. These roll Critial Hit Damage as their main stat. If you're wanting Crit on any of your builds; Sniper, AR, SMG, whatever, then this is a good blueprint to have. Since it is a main stat, there is less RNG when crafting.

Combine this with a Muzzle & Site that also has CHD for a nice boost. For example, the MP5 I'm using with my D3-FNC build now has 59% CHD just in weapon mods (19% Grip + 18% Muzzle + 18% Scope + 4% Mag).

--

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!

Going to jump back into this tonight. Haven't played since the first month the game came out, have a level 16, and I bought the season pass and everything day 1. Tried to jump back into BDO yesterday and it made me want to kill myself but I think I can make this one work. Anyone want to play? PM me user names and I'll add ya.

Going to jump back into this tonight. Haven't played since the first month the game came out, have a level 16, and I bought the season pass and everything day 1. Tried to jump back into BDO yesterday and it made me want to kill myself but I think I can make this one work. Anyone want to play? PM me user names and I'll add ya.

Not sure what time zone you're in, or what time frame you're looking at, but I'm on about midnight CST just about every night.

That said, if you are rank 16, you might be better off Matchmaking. Anyone at a higher rank than you, particularly if they are over 30, will cause your enemies to jump substantially in rank. The effect this will have would be painful; you'd barely scratch them with your weapons, yet they would one shot you with theirs. Whoever has joined you would have to do all the work while you basically hid. This works great when you want to power level, but not very fun for every day play.

I've made a lot of friends through Matchmaking, so that's not all bad. And once you do hit 30, there are loads of people here to help get you geared up. Don't rush it though, the 1-30 aspect of the game, is probably it's most fun aspect.

No, he's wrong about the most fun aspect. The most fun aspect is repeatedly doing one mission over and over(ala, Lexington, or GA) looking for one rare item which you probably could have done without in the first place, but only wanted it because it's rare and you need to feel better about yourself for collecting said rare items. :)

No, he's wrong about the most fun aspect. The most fun aspect is repeatedly doing one mission over and over(ala, Lexington, or GA) looking for one rare item which you probably could have done without in the first place, but only wanted it because it's rare and you need to feel better about yourself for collecting said rare items. :)

So what you're saying is, you're loving life right now? ;)

Anyone know why every couple days my game will start up in windowed mode and crash of I try to change it in game? I found a work around, if I delete state.cfg the game starts normally for a couple days before it randomly does the windowed mode shit

Here's another fun build to try out. Someone posted this in the official UBI division forums and thought I'd try it out.

3 Strikers /3 Predators

I actually have an LVOA w/ Vicious, Deadly, Destructive, but low EAD. And then just craft a low GS assault rifle with Competent, and Adept, and use a skill first while having that secondary equipped, then just swap to your primary, and you get 5 talents. I always forgot about that. Good PvP build.

Any other good PvP builds out there? I now love this one, Deadeye, Predators, and AlphaBridge.

I'm 29 now, and I'm about to do what I assume to be the last mission. What's the best way to gear up at 30? I have all the DLC, and I'm starting to get purple gear now.

best way is to do fast missions. just equip any gear > score than your gear. once you can change world tiers go up a tier. Repeat until you are WT5. (you set world tier in map mode). At WT5 you can decide what build you would like. Lexington event center is probably the fastest mission. most everyone runs alphabridge sets, so you should keep those, sell everything else. Weapons/mods you want to deconstruct. Buy the cheap weapon blueprints. For A/B you find a weapon with 2 good skills, upgrade for the 3rd, then craft the cheap blueprints looking for two good skills so you can upgrade the 3rd. The cheap blueprints cost less material to construct and less stats to unlock the skills, so that is why they are recommended.

In terms of weapon skills there are multiplicative skills and additive skills. Headshot and Crits were nerfed to become additive. Crits you probably want to ignore since they take tons of mod slots to unlock whereas they can probably be better used for other stuff. Good are things like destructive, prepared, unforgiving, etc

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I'm 29 now, and I'm about to do what I assume to be the last mission. What's the best way to gear up at 30? I have all the DLC, and I'm starting to get purple gear now.

So I hit 30 myself a few hours ago. Gear drops are pretty crazy after that. Went to world tier 2 and 100k dps in about 2 hours. Supply drop monthly thing gave me 3 yellows maybe? 50k crates from the weapon vendor gave me a few more. Two dailes were collect 5 tools and kill five guys with explosives so that was couple more yellows. Story missions dropped a bunch and the XP netted me another crate. Could go on but you get the idea.

What's the best way to gear up at 30?

So I hit 30 myself a few hours ago...

The DZ is my favorite place to gear up. There are some good routes to be found online if you do a little searching. This area is a double edged sword however. It is the best and fastest place to gear up, but it adds the potential for PvP, which can very quickly ruin your day. My advice, go to a checkpoint, matchmake for a full squad to improve your odds, if Rogues become too much of a problem, leave and join another group (if only temporarily) to get a new server.

If you prefer to DPS, then like Jiminator said, AlphaBridge is your best bet. This works best with an M4 + FAMAS assault rifle, but can also work with M44 or M700 Marksman rifles if you like to snipe. Predators Mark is a good alternative if you want to contribute to your squad more directly.

If you prefer to be a Healer, then collect Reclaimer gear and look up MarcoStyle's Healer build on YouTube.

If you want to tank, then look into the D3-FNC set and SkillUp's video on it.

There are loads of viable builds in this game, these are just the most documented and widely used. If you want to get off the beaten path, we can help you with that also. When I get a minute (at work now), I'll add a link to a post I made earlier with lots of useful info for new End Gamers like yourselves.

Last edited:

DIVISION INFO DUMP

The afore mentioned "one stop shop" for Division 1.5 important info. Using spoiler tags because this will be lengthy

JkSXGX.jpg

Max Stats you can roll on any Gear item. Which will go hand in hand with MacroStyle's "Best in Slot" video:

mIwMmQ.jpg

Best Open World Boss Location Map I've found so far

WL62LH.jpg

Dark Zone Boss & Crate Location Map, or if you'd prefer it in video form:

ZPJ0ZY.jpg

1.5 Named Gear Items.

Wobo's 1.5 Weapon Guide

SYNOPSIS:
AR: LVOA-C (M4 works too)
LMG: Pakhan / M60
SMG: MP7 for burst / PP19 for sustained (MP5 best compromise between the two, just avoid the burst fire version)
Shotgun: SASG for PvE / Super 90 for PvP
Marksman: SVD or SCAR-H for semi / M700 bolt action
Pistol: Rhino Special for max damage / First Wave X45 or 93r for ROF

Best overall weapon for:
PvP = LVOA-C
PvE = Pakhan

1.5 Signature Weapon Guide

SYNOPSIS:
Don't waste your time

This list is from 1.4, so it misses the new D3 FNC gear set, but is still accurate for the most part. This is a general guide line, not a concrete assessment. Many of the sets Marco lists as a lower tier, have been discovered to have strong niche builds.

Survival Mode Guide

Underground Guide

I may add more if I find some useful stuff, but this should get you started

I cannot seem to link to a specific post via Mobile, so I quoted the post above. Also, the forums restrict quotes to <10 pieces of media, so I had to remove a couple of the less useful videos (signature weapon related). Hope this helps.

Last edited:

So I hit 30 myself a few hours ago. Gear drops are pretty crazy after that. Went to world tier 2 and 100k dps in about 2 hours. Supply drop monthly thing gave me 3 yellows maybe? 50k crates from the weapon vendor gave me a few more. Two dailes were collect 5 tools and kill five guys with explosives so that was couple more yellows. Story missions dropped a bunch and the XP netted me another crate. Could go on but you get the idea.

I hit 30 and WT2 last night, you guys want to team up?

Thanks for the advice. The gearing is pretty damned fast, at least to get through the tiers. It only seems to need a few missions to get enough pieces to hit the next bracket. I just hit tier 5, and just passed 250 GS.

I kind of want to see what the DZ is all about. Should I wait until I'm 256, or just try and find a group?

Thanks for the advice. The gearing is pretty damned fast, at least to get through the tiers. It only seems to need a few missions to get enough pieces to hit the next bracket. I just hit tier 5, and just passed 250 GS.

I kind of want to see what the DZ is all about. Should I wait until I'm 256, or just try and find a group?
Find a group*. It's dangerous to go alone!

* And by a "group" I mean find jmaker :)

No way. I mean I'm in there all the time, but I'm still not great at PvP. But it really is fun if you can find a group of 3 others that you can trust.

I thought it was scary as hell the first time I ever stepped foot in the Dark Zone. PRO TIP: Turn on Neutral Lighting in your settings.

I've been rocking the Banshee set lately for worry-free solo DZ play. Pretty fun.

I'm only at 192, so I'm hoping to build up quickly enough to have more fun with PvE. My thanks to cageymaru & his friend for boosting me from 22 to 28. I got to 30 recently & rose to world tier 3 pretty quickly.

What would you guys think about planning an [H] night? A night we all get together and play The Division? I know we've talked about this before, but I want to set a date and time and make this happen. Here are some preliminary ideas:

reviews-awards-logo-hardocp.jpg
wvozcmb.gif

I propose: Saturday January 14th, 2017 at roughly 7pm CST (5pm Pacific, 6pm Mountain, 8pm Eastern) we gather in the Terminal so we can organize squads. There are 2 activities I have in mind, but would also like to hear requests if anyone has any (we can vote if needed). We can stick with the in-game VOIP, or use my Discord

FireCrest Pyromania

• Everyone equips FireCrest, EVERYONE! We go into the DZ and BURN EVERYTHING TO THE GROUND!!
Flame Turrets, "Intense" Weapon Talent, Airburst Mines, bring it all. Tonight you are an Arsonist!​
  • We can keep this all PvE, or we can designate a portion of the time to PvP (all Rogue, all the time), but we should decide before hand so there are no surprises.
  • If we get multiple Squads, we will have one Squad go into the DZ, and one person in the squad leave it so a new squad can join on them. We keep doing this through server transitions until all squads are in the same server (hopefully after a couple transitions we should have an empty server, or close).
  • Recording, Streaming and Screen caps are all welcome.

Survival of the [H]'est
  • We all jump into Survival Mode and test our steel. We can form Squads ahead of time.
  • We can make little competitions between one another, or we can just enjoy the experience as is. I've only played it in the Beta, and never extracted, so if there are other virgins here, let's stay that way so we can all experience it for the first time together.
Let me know what you think. If you've got ideas of your own, let me know. If this time frame is a problem, let me know. It is the only weekend I have off in Jan, so I'm hoping to make Sat or Sun work, but I am open to suggestions.

Count me in. Firecrest pyromania sounds fantastic :D

Yeah, I'm down for this. That sounds like fun and chaos with 4 Firecrest players. Do we all want to rock the same exact build? There's some variations here. You don't have to run Firecrest. You can always do a high skill Tacticians. You can do 3 Firecrest, 2 Tact, and Relentless (or whatever the one that heals you).

I'll be out of town that weekend, it does sound like fun though.

I just got running through my first DZ, it was fun. Did 4 full extractions, and got 2 AB pieces to go with the backpack I already had. Hopefully I get a 4th soon. I'm going to have to read up on that build, as well as recalibration, because I've no idea what to do.

I did have a question about loot. How do you decide what to keep? With only 9 slots, I was getting full fast. I couldn't figure out how to drop stuff after I looted it, so I had to be picky, mostly going for mods and attachments. What else should I be looking for?

I'll still pick up everything in the DZ. You can always use the credits for recalibration, or just for buying more basic sealed caches.

As far as what to keep or what to sell, here's a good post from Reddit describing it better than I could.

you will have a ubi login that is used. just go back a couple of pages here, lots of beginner tips have been posted. :)

I'm finding my DPS frustratingly low. I tried re-rolling a couple of my AB pieces to enemy armor damage, crafted a heavy mag spring to get a higher (9.9%) rate of fire, and a couple of others things I read, but nothing seems to really help. I'm running Lexington a lot for the Barret's chest and my last AB piece hopefully. I'm unloading full mags into the mobs and their bar barely goes down, whereas others in the group are absolutely shredding them. Then I look at builds online and see people with 400k DPS. I'm not even half that.

Back