The Division - officially announced for PC!

we had a list of players in this thread...

I believe this is the most recent list:

Forum Name - Uplay Name

USMCGrunt - USMCGrunt0307
gentoo - Cutsmann
Spidey329 - Kael_29
Stryderxx - Stryderxx
AthlonXP - CSHawkeye81
aeonrevolution - aeonrevolution
TheNoid - superNoid
bud1974 - budd74
Wikidlad - WikidBoo
KickAssCop - KickAssCop
ghostwich - ghostwich
Bloodwulf - Wulfkilljoy
GOD'SlittleSERVANT - demgainzz
Frraksurred - Frraksurred
purebooyah - purebooyah
SprayingMango - DolanPlayGams
Kvothe - TheKurgan57
jmaker - jmaker
Smutacus - TomcatTech
jiminator - jiminatorX
Porter_ - AnArrogantMoose
Xerack - Xerack07
Adidas4275 - APU5263
ReconSniper - Hawkeye352
Sway - Jayse75
dR.Jester - J3ST3RM4A3
collegeboy69us - accelerus
VELKYN - kenkinniph
Marvel_Naunts - Kronos0418
Gabe3 - SeriesKGB
Kwaz - The-Kwaz
Solhokuten - Solhokuten
dR.Jester - J3ST3RM4A3
BroHamBone - BroHamBone
Lith1um - pR1mal_
Doom5003 - Doom5003
whrswoldo - whrswoldo
Arr4ws - Arr4ws
GT98 - Sherminator98
FrEaKy - insomnibyte
tonyftw - floppyftl
El Nacho - El__Nacho
BurningBeard484 - BurningBeard484
VF31Tomcatters - Agent_BauerCTU
Dirksquarejaw - Dirktheginger
lordlegend - Michigan87
Harvestor - harvest0r
Strelok - HCxStrelok

Unfortunately I haven't been active since my work schedule was moved to nights. I still keep up with news and the forums, but I have only been ingame a few times; generally to go buy something after the Vendor changes or to grab the Supply Drops. It's going to be months before my schedule goes back to normal, so I'm not going to be very reliable as a Player. Bums me out, but that's where it's at.

Last edited:
I just played some Underground solo, and it went well few times, but few times got frustrating.
My gear is pretty bad, I got about 130k dps with my assault rifle and 55k survivability, I drop things fast but die in a shot or two. I feel like I'm playing a roguelike when in Underground :p
I just got to lvl 30 and most my gear is even in low 20's so it's going to improve. Can't wait till weekend when I'll have more time to play :)

Did they restart the dark zone levels? I could have sworn after I logged in last night I was level 18 for main area and only level 1 for dark zone. I was at least level 15 last time I played.

happened upon this yesterday, it is a best in class weapons video

tl;dw:
Sniper: M1A
Shotgun: SASG pvp (SASG M870 Super 90 pve)
AR: G36
LMG: L86
Handgun: First wave X-45
SMG: PP-19 pve MP7 pvp

for dark zone levels, don't know anything about that, but if you get some decent gear you can probably get to 30 really fast

I still love playing this every night. I've just been doing Dragons Nest farming. Some guy on reddit posted a 5 minute speed run. I was in some groups last night that were pretty close to that.

Finally got to try out reclaimed. I'm trying out a build with signature ability resource gain on backpack and all mods. And then weapons with Skilled and Trained for talents. Anything to get the signature skill back as fast as possible.

And I still can't find Sentrys kneepads! Haven't used that set in a while. I do Falcon a couple times every night, but no luck yet. That thing is harder to find than Caduceus.

I still love playing this every night. I've just been doing Dragons Nest farming. Some guy on reddit posted a 5 minute speed run. I was in some groups last night that were pretty close to that.

Finally got to try out reclaimed. I'm trying out a build with signature ability resource gain on backpack and all mods. And then weapons with Skilled and Trained for talents. Anything to get the signature skill back as fast as possible.

And I still can't find Sentrys kneepads! Haven't used that set in a while. I do Falcon a couple times every night, but no luck yet. That thing is harder to find than Caduceus.
jmaker I'll try to be on at night when you are. Diablo's next season is up so that may take my time this weekend.

The Making of The Division: Underground

Interesting article but I have to say for all the "procedural"-ness they talk about, it's still only a handful of actual layouts. There are no surprises once you open up the map too, sadly you've seen it all before.

jmaker I'll try to be on at night when you are. Diablo's next season is up so that may take my time this weekend.

The Making of The Division: Underground

Interesting article but I have to say for all the "procedural"-ness they talk about, it's still only a handful of actual layouts. There are no surprises once you open up the map too, sadly you've seen it all before.

Cool I will be on here in a little bit. If we can, I'd like to do Dragons Nest seeing that's the fastest to gear up.

Which set pieces are most common for farming the 4H in dragons nest?

Everything drops there pretty evenly. And it's all random. Weapons drop there a ton. Not a lot of set pieces, but we got some good ones last night. Someone in my group got Sentrys kneepads, and he was kind enough to give them to me. Finally!

We farm it because it's fast and you can get whatever.

Everything drops there pretty evenly. And it's all random. Weapons drop there a ton. Not a lot of set pieces, but we got some good ones last night. Someone in my group got Sentrys kneepads, and he was kind enough to give them to me. Finally!

We farm it because it's fast and you can get whatever.

Ok good to know, i need better 229 weapons, my 204 m1a isnt cutting it anymore

Saw this today and thought his conclusion was fairly spot on :

I know this would make the game much less frustrating for my friends who rarely get to play, and when they do have to spend the whole time trying to catch up.

Yeah good video. He verbalizes and demonstrates the real problem with the endgame meta and just how flawed the gearscore part of the equation is (while still touching on the absurd difficulty spike).

I have an idea for a build. I need 5 of those perfirmance mods with smart cover range. And then equip the talent where you gain 2% damage per meter covered. You could move a long distance while still in smart cover.

It's like that reclaimer build marcostyle had with the crazy support station range. Except I can never find those performance mods.

Finally got me a good sentry build. I used 5 with vigorous chest, and damn was it strong in Dark Zone. I was only in dz1 but was taking down mobs pretty easily.

Weapons were m1a with Unforgivng, Steady and Brutal. And a Custom M870 with Deadly, Brutal and Competent. The shotgun is a beast. I got rogued on 3 times. First time I killed the guy running away with the m1a while a whole group was chasing him.

Second time a 2 man group downed me but a rando picked me up. And the last was a poor guy that got 2-3 shotted in the face with the M870.

Managed a full 30 extraction, plus someone left an 204 mp7 at the extract site that came with brutal and deadly and I rerolled the other one to responsive on first try. Great for AlphsBridge.

I finally received a Caduceus, been trying to get this damn rifle for weeks.

Caduceus_zps1t3wmd8y.png

congrats, the first one is the hard one, lol
the second, I was running the dailies and it just dropped. not that the stats were much different

I haven't played this game in a while, but it's always in the back of my head. For that reason it was encouraging to see the latest State of the Game. It sounds like they are ready to make some needed core changes, and at a place to do so now the first 3 promised DLC are done. NPC adjustment, possible dedicated PvP area, late game progression feeling as rewarding as the pre- 30 progression, etc.

What do you guys think?

Skill Up's "Real State of the Game" that covers the 10 biggest issues with the game right now

8-19-16 State of the Game highlights

Arrekz SotG Commentary that sounded about right to me

I haven't played this game in a while, but it's always in the back of my head. For that reason it was encouraging to see the latest State of the Game. It sounds like they are ready to make some needed core changes, and at a place to do so now the first 3 promised DLC are done. NPC adjustment, possible dedicated PvP area, late game progression feeling as rewarding as the pre- 30 progression, etc.

What do you guys think?

I have been playing diablo 3 and contrasting it with the division. I think a lot of the division is inspired by diablo series, just diablo has a lot longer to refine things. As for the 3 DLCs being done... where did you hear that? They have yet to give any type of dates for #2. I did listen to the SotG, and basically they were taking their lumps, acknowledging various problems. Nowhere near a solution though. I hope they can fix the scaling. That would allow them to add more difficulties without making the game more impossible.

I almost want to just stop playing and wait for them to fix/update many of these problems. I really love the core game, but it's just gotten a little stale for me lately. I think I now have all the 'good' sets. I've tried all of them. The only reason to keep playing is to find those 'god' roll items. Still can't find a Brutal/Deadly/whatever M1A., even farming Dragons Nest.

I almost want to just stop playing and wait for them to fix/update many of these problems. I really love the core game, but it's just gotten a little stale for me lately. I think I now have all the 'good' sets. I've tried all of them. The only reason to keep playing is to find those 'god' roll items. Still can't find a Brutal/Deadly/whatever M1A., even farming Dragons Nest.
I've stopped. I went and did other things. I'll keep an eye out for any changes, but even with the recent SotG I'm not sure they know how to go about correcting any of it. I'm almost certain I'll be jumping into Deus Ex this week.

You guys rock, had great fun with everyone.

i'm still playing quite a bit, still having fun. I can feel the burn-out coming though. lately i've been spending more time in the DZ which has kept me entertained. I also still find upgraded pieces pretty regularly (i have 3 different characters right now with different builds). i'm excited for the next DLC, but i have a feeling once BF1 launches i'll play this game a lot less.

As for the 3 DLCs being done... where did you hear that? They have yet to give any type of dates for #2.

There are 5 pieces total. There was a release 30 days after game release (May - 1st Incursion), another in June (2nd incursion) and third in July (3rd Incursion + Underground). Underground was the first paid DLC but technically the third DLC released. The next two, Survivor and Last Stand, were not given a time line apart from inside the first year. I think it will be a while before we see these, which I don't mind if they focus on fixing the game.

State of the Game today, notes:

1.4 update is not survival
coming in october, survival some time later (they were going to be together)
Want to correct core issues to make division fun again
bug fixing, balancing, quality of life
Good experience from 1 to 30 and then not so much afterward
Taking time to do big picture balancing
Issues: enemy scaling, ammo, level 35 enemies, etc
1.4 free update in Oct for everyone
bug fixes, skill issues, mobile cover, smart cover getting destroyed
Heal delays, no skills working, one is none glitches, performance issues
Making loot relevant and accessible in all locations
Will be moving weapon skins out of inventory
->Craft all button
->Adding buy back button
->Allowing to run to terminal from BoO
Improvements will start with 1.4 and continue for next updates (survival)
Focus is to make existing content better
Will have application (tomorrow) for people to go to sweden and join the process, all expenses paid trip
Will make new forum group where they ask for community feedback, theorycrafting, bugs, etc
Survival before end of the year, Last Stand early 2017
Does not know if blind rifle will be in 1.4
Changes in 1.4 will impact DZ, then will need to review DZ for more balancing
Balancing will cover all aspects of the game including skills

general sentiment is that it is a great game, very fun until level 30, then it breaks in various types of ways. you need high level gear to do activities that give you the same high level gear. Dark Zone was fun but unbalanced/mandatory PvP has ruined that. Underground is ok but grindy with same limited gear drops. Anyway I have been playing other stuff, will revisit once 1.4 is out.

Anyway I have been playing other stuff, will revisit once 1.4 is out.

Same. Did No Mans Sky and now I'm on Makind Divided. Still keeping an eye on The Division and hope to have a nice little reunion around October. ;)

Last edited:
Cool. I'm still all about this game. If anyone needs info, just ask. I play every day. Super excited that they are addressing all the issues that are facing the game currently. They created a new Agent Intel subforum on their Ubisoft forums. They want you to list your top 10 most annoying bugs. I made a post over there which was my first one.

I've never really played an RPG before. I was mostly just FPS guy, playing Call of Duty and the earlier Battlefields. What I really like about this game is the mix between RPG and shooter, always trying to level up your gear, doing the min/max thing. I just love the look and feel of the game. I like trying out all the gear sets, with different combinations. Like right now, I'm trying Deadeye. Not sure what 2 piece to pair it with, probably Hunters Faith, which I have none of. So I'm on the hunt for some of that. I'm going to try Deadeye with 2 Reclaimers that have max Signature Resource gain (5 gear mods plus Backpack major attribute). I liked that build where you get your sig back as fast as possible. So just trying to figure out what gear to use that with is fun for me.

I still have not leveled up any alternate characters. Maybe that's what I will do next, who knows. Or I still haven't reached UG level 40. I want the Blind outfit. But that's kinda gotten boring. I just do a mix of Dark Zone and Dragons Nest and the occasional Lexington for some Phoenix creds. I still don't have a good 229 M1A! I bet Frraksurred would have found one by now.

I still don't have a good 229 M1A! I bet Frraksurred would have found one by now.

lol. Heck no.... 4 maxed out characters and you'd think I would have found a 229 M1A to beat my 204, but NOOOO! I must have gotten a good one, because none of my 229's have better specs. Maybe by the time Last Stand comes out. :cool:

I've never really played an RPG before. I was mostly just FPS guy, playing Call of Duty and the earlier Battlefields. What I really like about this game is the mix between RPG and shooter, always trying to level up your gear, doing the min/max thing. I just love the look and feel of the game. I like trying out all the gear sets, with different combinations.

ditto same story here. i'm mostly just an FPS guy but the mix of shooter and RPG elements in this game has me hooked. I'm worried that from this point on standard FPS games will feel shallow and like they're missing something. i'm glad to hear they're addressing the current issues with this game but i'm also very anxious for more content. looking forward to the Survival DLC.

I have been leveling up an alt character just playing around enjoying the game again, once i have another lvl 30 character i will be putting this game on the back burner until the next dlc which i am really looking forward to

ditto same story here. i'm mostly just an FPS guy but the mix of shooter and RPG elements in this game has me hooked.

My story too. I started with Half-life and Unreal Tournament back in the day, and then I played the first Deus Ex. The mixture of FPS and RPG was a perfect fit for me. Still did a ton of Battlefield, CoD and the like, but my favs have always been from this genre.

I played till Level 30 and got bored...haven't touched it since...was a decent game but too grindy after awhile

It's Too Late For 'The Division' To Make A Comeback...

The Division probably would have been a pretty solid title, had it just existed as the level 1-30 story portion of the game...During that time, it’s a mechanically adept shooter, and features one of the most impressive environments in gaming history with its sprawling rendition of a plague-ravaged New York...But The Division didn’t want to be just the best rendition of Ubisoft Open World: The Game. Rather, The Division wanted to be Ubisoft’s Destiny. The Division wanted to be Ubisoft’s Diablo...

It's Too Late For 'The Division' To Make A Comeback

I just reinstalled this last week and have been having fun in the Underground and doing the HVT missions. Glad to see that getting good drops has increased, I have a few full sets of kit now. I loved the game at first but then it became so loaded with hackers and bugs it just wasn't worth it anymore. Hope they get it sorted out and it eventually becomes the great game we all know it could be.

the game could easily be turned into a lot more than what it currently is, they just need to make the after level 30 experience be similar to the up to level 30 experience. The big problem is the like the 4 month period between the next substantial update. That and the DZ has destroyed the game. I do believe it can recover but it will take a lot of effort and tuning.

I do believe it can recover but it will take a lot of effort and tuning.

at some point Ubisoft needs to decide how much more time and money to devote to the game rather then just focusing most of their efforts on Division 2

Well, they have two upcoming DLCs that people have paid for, so my guess is A LOT. This game has a lot of life left in it, and assuming they fix the issues they can probably get another 3 DLC season out of it. I believe this game was the biggest launch ever for a completely new IP. If they abandon it, they would decimate their D2 customer base. Nobody is going to buy the game at launch and certainly not pay for DLC in advance if the company has a track record of abusing customers. And I know the company likes to spit games out almost yearly with far cry series and assassins creed, but this is a bit different from those.

Last edited:
There seems to be a return of the hackers to the dark zone. There was some blatant ones a few days ago and last night guys were using rpm hacks trying to be coy but our group was getting one shot with mp7.

I was in a group doing speed runs of 4HM clearing it in about 4 minutes. Ideal group is 1 reclaimer with high skillpower and then 3 sentrys. I found a 204 M1A with 172% headshot bonus with Competent, Destructive, Ferocious. That gun destroys in PvE. I need to find 229 of that same weapon. I know it's not easy to acquire but a good sentry set can put out some damage.

So there was this BYOB event thing over the weekend for Incursions via Discord. I've never done any of the Incursions obviously I'd be starting on Hard Mode before taking on the other more challenging modes just so I can get a feel for it. Nobody wanted to help unless it was either CM or Heroic so I after a few hours of trying I just said F it. Then there's my build, 4 piece 24/268 Lone Star(PvE) and Sentry and Strikes 214/240,Tact 214/240. I haven't even finished a CM or HM in UG with a PUG cos nobody communicates and we wipe which is why I hate ingame MM PUGs.

Hackers in DZ(I hate cheaters) ,declining userbase, the Git Gud crowd and the elistest assholes who kick if not 255 GS, yeah I'll just see what's 1.4 has to offer, til then I won't play much anymore. I hope Survivor DLC when released can revive the game and bring back people.

That BYOB event was the last straw for me.

Back