The Division - officially announced for PC!

Get back in frrak. Yeah you only need one skill guy in the group. The other 3 need to be pure damage dealers.

My build is not so good for pvp. I'm still going to die most times. I was in a group last night with 2 tact builds and we didn't fare too well against players.

But it's super fun in pve in dz6. I rarely die unless I stand in front of those big flamers.

hungry hog quick review - since people are getting drops. this probably applies to all LMGs

eh, I am sure they will come out with some sort of nerf/balance to even things out, even though the set is being used exactly as intended, not in any type of exploit fashion. which would suck really.

Let's hope not. We need more diversity, not less. When they take a build that is working well, is not OP, and nerf it... people just go back to their old standards. Experimentation dies.

I wouldn't be surprised if they at least partially nerfed the Armor cap increase, and / or the EDR cap. I'd prefer not, but there are more and more vids of people running around the DZ who cannot be killed. Thay have sacrificed everything for Toughness, EDR and Skill Power, and with how fast their Over-dose and Smart Cover regens, even 2 full squads with shock turrets and incediary ammo cannot down them. They cannot kill anything mind you, but they can aggro the Players so their Squad can down them for him. I watched MacroStyle do this in a confined area for 20 mins. Players were just giving up and leaving.

I can almost guarantee that will get addressed.

I don't know that it should, I mean if you really want to sacrifice everything for one specialized focus, it should be over the top in that ONE direction. If it breaks the game however, and deminishes your player base, then that is a different story.

they should keep a viable tank build in the game one way or the other. before the armor cap increase and Final Measure set it wasn't really all that viable.

The only thing I like about the hungry hog is that it feeds me credits. A quick 50k each time. I've gotten 5 of them but still have never gotten the Caduceus.

I am now trying out 2 sentrys pieces with 4 Tacticians. I rock 2 LMGs. One has predatory and ferocious unlocked on it. That's the main one. The other has skilled as the free talent. And I like using Tactical link for the signature for Q or the west side boys. Headshot kills with the help of sentrys gets the tac link back quickly.

I'm a little less tanky, so I need to stay in smart cover as much as possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if they at least partially nerfed the Armor cap increase, and / or the EDR cap. I'd prefer not, but there are more and more vids of people running around the DZ who cannot be killed. Thay have sacrificed everything for Toughness, EDR and Skill Power, and with how fast their Over-dose and Smart Cover regens, even 2 full squads with shock turrets and incediary ammo cannot down them. They cannot kill anything mind you, but they can aggro the Players so their Squad can down them for him. I watched MacroStyle do this in a confined area for 20 mins. Players were just giving up and leaving.

I can almost guarantee that will get addressed.

I don't know that it should, I mean if you really want to sacrifice everything for one specialized focus, it should be over the top in that ONE direction. If it breaks the game however, and deminishes your player base, then that is a different story.

I don't really have a problem with this. The tendency is going to be towards always more difficult enemies (expansions) so there has to be compensation. Somebody running around invulnerable, that has always been the case due to balancing and hacking. Compare that to getting one-shot all the time AND being unable to damage the players. That IMO was much worse. Personally I don't care for the rogue aspect of the game, those are always shit battles to me that never turn out well for my build. Rogue tanks that can't damage, simple, I would leave, but I would not waste 20 minutes before I did it.

I just want an Aug with 12k base damage, 25.5% CHC, Brutal, Deadly and Self-Preserved, is that so much to ask!?!

/rant

--

Anyway, good points all. With the first paid content coming up, I wouldn't be surprised if item GS increases as well. 260, 280? Who knows, but like you've each said, tanks will always be needed so maybe they will leave it alone.

looks like July 28th for the PC
Wow that's a long while from now.

I need to run with you guys and get some DZ05-06 gear. I've done some of the HVT stuff and gotten this weird mismosh of 214's and straight up garbage 182 weapons haha :(

Yes, please get on and do DZ 5-6. Sometimes it's ok running with randoms and other times not very fun at all. I actually have gotten a few Tacticians gear from DZ 6 supply drops and bosses and what not. The weapon drops have been decent. All the LMGs I'm using have been drops.

I think one decent Vector dropped, no good Augs yet. Really tough to find a gun like Frrak mentioned. I don't have an SMG blueprint either. I still have the BoO Aug in my arsenal. I finally sold the Pakhan I bought a long time ago. I bought the 204 Custom M870 blueprint yesterday, haven't crafted one yet.

I figure any weapon blueprints I'll try to acquire now, since DZ credits are a little easier to obtain. Nothing I have now is below 240 gear set, or 204 weapon (besides the paramedia and police backpack, still do that trick).

I still have some different ideas on which gear to suit up with, but it's so hard to either find exactly what you want, or even if you have the blueprint, to craft what you want with the exact talent and still get decent stats. Like combining a Vigorous chest with Refreshed mask, Steadfast holster, w/ First Aid Booster Shot and Smart Cover w/ Recharger. I'd like to see how that all plays together. Maybe run that with 3 Tacticians pieces.

Just some thoughts on where I'm at with the game.

Any concrete info on the "Underground" DLC? I imagine it has changed from it's concept since the actual game itself is being restructured as it goes. I hope it's more than something that will just end up being a redundant grind fest. I've yet to really find purpose or motivation in getting better gear other than to just get better gear. I don't know what I'm expecting, I'm new to this mmo-ish loot based gaming.

Not my pic, but thought I'd share. Hope it hasn't been posted already. :p

97ewbke.jpg

My build still sucks, so Im not worried.

Are you guys keeping any of the 214 greens or melting them?

My build still sucks, so Im not worried.

Are you guys keeping any of the 214 greens or melting them?

Since I spend most my time in DZ05-06, I sell / deconstruct them, UNLESS... they are an improvement over what I currently have while I hunt for good 240's.

--

I will likely be on tonight.

So they dropped crit chance to max 60%? Good now maybe more people will try out some different weapons.

You SMG guys just swap out your crit chance weapon mods for weapon damage or crit damage when running with us skill guys with pulse.

They said they nerfed skillpower slightly also. That's ok as long as your team is still doing damage for the tax bonus.

This happened last patch and no one even knew it changed until this hardcore division player dug a little deeper? Players will adapt, people just want to get so mad at anything and here's the next new thing to get mad about.

Maybe that was part of their weapon balancing strategy.

well, its all good unless you geared your build around it and then fury ensues. people have crafted/upgraded gear with the purpose of getting 35% on armor, +smg = 60, +pulse=100. Now all of that is bullshit. true you can replace some of those with +crit damage, which CURRENTLY is not capped, but who knows how long that will last.

As with any stealth nerf/buff/anything - it's the communication piece being omitted that's the biggest offense. Then again, seeing as how many things were straight up broken during the course of this game, maybe it's just someone introducing a new bug!

I'm with Ghost on this one. If it was "broke" they should have told us. If not as intended, communicate that so players are not wasting time and resources into builds that will be 40% less effective then they were led to believe they would be. Some stuff can be rerolled, but some will have to be replaced to min / max to an equivalent level. It's just a form of disrespect that rubs me personally the wrong way. I still love the game, don't get me wrong. But part of what I love is digging into the mechanics and optimizing my gear. It's hard to do that when you're working on faulty information.

I'm with Ghost on this one. If it was "broke" they should have told us. If not as intended, communicate that so players are not wasting time and resources into builds that will be 40% less effective then they were led to believe they would be. Some stuff can be rerolled, but some will have to be replaced to min / max to an equivalent level. It's just a form of disrespect that rubs me personally the wrong way. I still love the game, don't get me wrong. But part of what I love is digging into the mechanics and optimizing my gear. It's hard to do that when you're working on faulty information.
Scavenging, LOL.

from the reddit thread said:
Hi there,

The video is correct and I can confirm that the change is intended.

However, the fact that it was missing from the Patch Notes is clearly a mistake and we’re looking at how we can improve our process internally so this doesn’t happen again.

Yannick

Good to know Jim, thanks for posting. The fact they are acknowledging it is encouraging. I'll still believe it when I see it, marketing and all, but encouraging nonetheless.

--

This is a long video, but there is some interesting stuff in here around the 30-45 minute mark.

There have been more than one stealth nerfs. I wondered why I was able to gear up so quickly right after 1.2, but then the gear seemed to fall off to a degree. It seems the drop rates were quietly pulled back after week one. It also seems that certain Talents and items fall more abundantly on certain days / hours, no matter if your crafting or looting. I'm hoping a datamined spreadsheet comes out at some point, but not holding my breath (even if it does Massive will likely change it). Either way, this knowledge may change the way we play, even when we play, in the future.

--

I'm eager to see what 1.3 brings on the 28th. As the first paid DLC, above all, any new mission area or Incursion like raid will need to be much more creative and fun to play than the first 2 offerings. Weapons and Gear are going to need a GS increase. Calibration may need some expanding. Crafting materials will definitely need more avenues of access. And I think the Rogue meta will need changed. 1.2 has made well geared Rougues nearly impossible to kill, even for well geared Agents. It has also re-enforced the only worth while activity for them to be ganking Players, since it is faster to raid extractions then to actually farm the gear for yourself. By and large I think 1.2 was a step in the right direction, but for paid DLC, all these things will have to be kicked up a notch.

1.2 has made well geared Rougues nearly impossible to kill, even for well geared Agents.

yeah you hit the nail on the head here. the other night i was in a group of random players via matchmaking, so i don't know exactly how well geared the other guys were but from running the DZ for an hour we seemed pretty solid. we came upon a group of 4 rogues, our squad and another squad could not take them down in an 8 on 4 situation. they were well geared and worked really well together. we tried several times mostly out of stubbornness :D. we didn't come close to taking them down. much respect for that squad....until one of them started yelling the N word over and over after killing us. all respect went out the window. nothing more embarrassing to the human race than a squeaky voiced 120 lb guy screaming the N word into his mic.

Me, frrak and 2 others hijacked a hijack last night. We came across this clan of 4 just going rogue and manhunt all over the place. They killed us first by the west side flamers I thought for retaliation for us shooting at them in the middle of that firefight.

Nope. These guys were going straight jackass. We tried switching servers but couldn't do it. So we got back in and observed them in manhunt fighting against another clanned fireteam. They were clearly superior.

Ok fine,equip conceal and avoid them as much as possible. We make it to the extraction area just south of pit. We call for extract. The griefers were just south of us. We all knew they were headed our way....

Decoy extraction in place, we hustle up to dz6 rooftop and we were not leaving again. Kill the mobs call for chopper and watch the map and streets for our losers to come running.

Predictably they did with about 15 seconds remaining. They popped their survivor link and tried like hell to cut that rope but we blasted them with LMGs, nades, sticky bombs and even melee.

Hijacking aborted. That chopper pilot never flew so fast getting our loot to safety. We fought with them valiantly.

"You may take our lives, but you'll never take our green sealed caches!!"

Me, frrak and 2 others hijacked a hijack last night.

"You may take our lives, but you'll never take our green sealed caches!!"

That was probably my favorite part of last night, apart from hearing you over a mic for the first time. :ROFLMAO: You were emptying your LMG mag on him, I was wasting my explosive ammo on him and the other 2 in our squad were doing their darndest too. It was glorious! They still killed us all afterwards, but we didn't care. We had our loot.

They were manhunt more often then they weren't. They didn't even try to hide to run their timer off. This just goes to show the meta is broken. It's great we have effective tanks now, but if there is no checks and balances to it, then it needs to be reevaluated imo. There has to be a counter. When a whole Squad becomes impervious to equally well equipped, seasoned players then what point is there in doing anything else?

--

Maintenance tomorrow will bring a couple fixes and Challenge mode for Clear Sky.

Maintenance Server Maintenance - June 9th | Forums

Not sure what they are fixing for challenge mode in clear sky. I know there is a subway entrance from behind the snipers that can be camped. Ran the map about a dozen times today. You can do it fairly fast if you don't waste time killing mobs. It typically drops 2 212 items with a chance at a 240. I did get a 240 tacticians holster.... missing firearms. shit. lol.

FvU8IWm.jpg

Last edited:
New maintenance patch out last night along with state of the game.

Weekly Maintenance - June 9th - State of the Game • /r/thedivision

They are increasing stash size in 1.3 (max size unknown), and they are adding a bonus to all main weapons, like SMG and Marksmen rifles currently have.

Hey last night I was playing via streaming on the couch and wasn't able to type or mic. It... was less than optimal, haha. Had limited time to run with you anyway, and didn't even check my loot just signed off.

I rather read the summaries than watch the actual video - it's cringeworthy most of the time.

Some... meh-ish changes coming along... but E3, of course, going to steal the focus away from anything.

Not sure what they are fixing for challenge mode in clear sky.

The other fixes pertain to exploits unrelated to Clear Sky, such as Rogues being able to warp out of the DZ from certain places.

They are increasing stash size in 1.3 (max size unknown), and they are adding a bonus to all main weapons, like SMG and Marksmen rifles currently have.

Stash size is way over due, but glad to see this finally happening. The additional bonus sounds interesting, curious how that will affect gameplay.
I rather read the summaries than watch the actual video - it's cringeworthy most of the time.

Some... meh-ish changes coming along... but E3, of course, going to steal the focus away from anything.

Agreed on both accounts. I used to watch the whole State of the Game, but it's like... "can we just get to the point." They fumble around so much it's difficult to watch.

So far as E3 is concerned, there should be lots of goodies to geek over the next few days, lol. Most of what I'm looking forward to however, has nothing to do with The Division. Hopefully they release some compelling gameplay by mid August, otherwise I think Deus Ex Mankind Divided is going to steal all my attention. :wtf:

About time, my stash size is getting full

Good about increasing bonus to other weapons, not really a fan of SMGS. Always preferred ARs

Random thought, I would like the H&K G36C and all the other G36 variants put in the game.

For SMG and pistol, the FN 5-7 handgun and the P90

For bolt action sniper, the Artic Magnum aka AWP, was playing CS the other day :p

Yeah I'd love to see the P90 and AWP also, I've heard no rumors though. Hopefully some new weapons will come with one of the DLC's, but they've yet to get the existing weapons, particularly named weapons, figured out. So we'll see.

--

Clear Sky Challenge mode guide (spoiler = same as Hard mode):

actually I was not aware of the camping the back method. Those guys also have end game gear, I think anyone not investing huge hours in the game is going to have a hard time. :)

Those guys also have end game gear, I think anyone not investing huge hours in the game is going to have a hard time. :)

Agreed. I remember playing it on Hard and thinking (especially during the Boss) that with this open area, Challenge mode is going to be frustrating unless you can down enemies quickly. I've seen teams break into 2 groups of 2 and grab both relays at the same time, and just tank them in. Don't think that is going to work this time. When we did it, we kited all the enemies to one side of the map, then one guy split off and ran over to the other side to grab the relay. Then we just switched sides and tried to take down the Boss as fast as we could. The Boss was always the hardest part, because the waves don't seem to stop until he's down, and they seem to come faster as time wears on.

Where can I get some decent glass for the Aug? It seems like all the optics are large optics and for DMRs,ARs,LMGS. Currently using a green small optic from the mod vendor in BoO.

All mods are HE except for the glass, 122k dps but a HE optic would bump up the stats.

Where can I get some decent glass for the Aug? It seems like all the optics are large optics and for DMRs,ARs,LMGS. Currently using a green small optic from the mod vendor in BoO to ride you over.

All mods are HE except for the glass, 122k dps but a HE optic would bump up the stats.

Actually the best optics I've found for an SMG are the "advanced sites" (as far as bonuses). Unfortunately they don't have a high drop rate anymore. Outside of the DZ and a rare PvE drop you may be able to find a decent purple from one of your BoO Vendors to ride you over.

That is cool, but one thing I have noticed is that there is now latency when triggering things, examples, a heal. Part of the time nothing happens and another part of the time I am stuck aiming instead of triggering, usually when getting shot at

That is cool, but one thing I have noticed is that there is now latency when triggering things, examples, a heal. Part of the time nothing happens and another part of the time I am stuck aiming instead of triggering, usually when getting shot at
I have notice a bit longer than usual latency when triggering heals, even when using syringe heals. Caused me some issues in the dz when i need to pop a heal. I noticed this yesterday especially.

Back