The Division - officially announced for PC!

I won't purchase any more Ubisoft games until they completely dismantle their uPlay DRM. I have about 5 games that are unplayable because uPlay either wants to connect to the internet while i have no connection, or the games just crash after the Ubi logo...:mad:

I have tried everything to fix this issue. From fresh installs, to fresh installs on wiped drives... i had even tried contacting Ubisoft support (big mistake, btw)...

They need to realize that their DRM blows, and migrate back to Steam for the primary, or use GOG's Galaxy...

I fucking knew the graphics looked worse than the previous trailers...I thought I might have been imagining things but no, they are definitely way worse.

Notice also how everything in the 2015 trailer is way blurrier to detract away from the obviously lower-quality assets everywhere...fucking Ubisoft, man.

I really hope this is just a console version they showed the video from. Maybe since the PC version is releasing so much later that means they need more time for textures.

no more sunny skies with gorgeous lighting...now every day is cloudy

Basically what they did to Watch Dogs. "Oh those beautiful reflection? Yeah they're there.. under the blur and and clouds." Fuck you Ubisoft, fool me once, shame on you.

Would be nice, but big publishers will not go anywhere near GOG.

As a DRM Free advocate I agree with this and it is saddening. That being said I have tons of DRM Free games on my wishlist and am enjoying myself. My money awaits the AAA publishers if they choose to accept it on my terms.

Ok some guy said this game is going to be like Watch Dogs and you shouldn't pre order I have my doubts but he could be right.

You can pre order on Steam now...

Ok some guy said this game is going to be like Watch Dogs and you shouldn't pre order I have my doubts but he could be right.

I didn't even know the game had a release date of March 2016

After purchasing watch dogs I am not going to give them pre order money again. That was one of the biggest flops I have ever played. If everyone says this game is amazing I will purchase it after release but I seriously doubt that will happen.

The guess they'll have to put out another theworse mod to fix this washed out garbage downgrade just like they did with watch dogs lol ubi being ubi.

Blame the consoles. Hell a i3/750ti beats the PS4 in most multi-plats in IQ and fps....

....an i3 and a 750ti is more powerful than the fastest console on the market.

This is the reason we get these downgrades. In a couple years it will be even worse -- we will probably be down sampling games at 5k+ for the next 5-6years. I imagine most games, visually, will be about Mad Max level for the remainder of this gen.

...what a bunch of whiny holier-than-thou PC brats in here. Everybody already judging, hating, and comparing to consoles before the game is even remotely playable. I'd be more concerned about the actual game mechanics working the way it's been advertised.

...what a bunch of whiny holier-than-thou PC brats in here. Everybody already judging, hating, and comparing to consoles before the game is even remotely playable. I'd be more concerned about the actual game mechanics working the way it's been advertised.

We've had this argument before and I don't think I have seen a game this gen released with graphics better than the promotional material.

First off this is a PC forum. Second I don't see PC brats here. I see people who play a specific platform and have already been burned by Ubisoft.

Blame the consoles.

No, blame Ubisoft who has the audacity to say "We can't have such a gap" excuses that I don't hear from true AAA developers. That is one of 2 things, contempt for the PC platform or just plain laziness/bitching about spending on development.

That no one else does. Even Konami who doesn't give a shit about real games anymore gave us a PC enhanced release with MGS5 (with no bugs no less...).

Ubisoft makes excuses. That is all I ever hear out of them. I don't consider them a proper games developer because of their attitude. If you don't like making game for new technology, why the hell are you in the business of making games? Ubisoft is a pathetic example of a development house. Even some indies have more love for the art then they do.

Actually Ubisoft and the developer deserve to SKEWERED and ROASTED ON A FIRE for this one. A couple years back they had developer vlogs where they boasted about the gfx and the need for PC to set itself apart and how it would deliver great graphics. How they were developing two separate branches, one for console and one for PC. How PC was going to set itself apart, yada yada yada. Factor in Ubisoft saying they were also going to learn from past experiences. You get deservedly upset and frustrated fans/customers/gamers.

When they announced The Division I was truly amped up for a next gen title because thats what it seemed we were getting. Over the years it has changed into something that looks like a shell of its former self.

I don't know what is more amusing, your apparent faith in Ubisoft to deliver a functioning PC game on release or that you are completely oblivious to the fact that it has an established pattern of behavior when it comes to misrepresenting its games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7nfIu4Jo0g

No, blame Ubisoft who has the audacity to say "We can't have such a gap" excuses that I don't hear from true AAA developers. That is one of 2 things, contempt for the PC platform or just plain laziness/bitching about spending on development.

That no one else does. Even Konami who doesn't give a shit about real games anymore gave us a PC enhanced release with MGS5 (with no bugs no less...).

Ubisoft makes excuses. That is all I ever hear out of them. I don't consider them a proper games developer because of their attitude. If you don't like making game for new technology, why the hell are you in the business of making games? Ubisoft is a pathetic example of a development house. Even some indies have more love for the art then they do.

I suspect people would be more forgiving if Ubisoft was actually honest about the product they were delivering. In that instance you could fault it for lack of interest in actually delivering games that leverage PC hardware, but at least you could appreciate its position and candor. Instead Ubisoft would rather treat its customers like brainless simpletons by using dishonest marketing and going so far as to tell bold faced lies like these:

CYXZ5v0.jpg

eXF71yu.png

Get use to it.. The same 5 or 6 people on here jump on the hate bandwagon for everything.

Get use to it.. The same 5 or 6 people on here jump on the hate bandwagon for everything.

I'm not hating on the consoles, that's just stupid. I own a PS4 and play quite a bit of Destiny and Bloodborne on the machine. But I am also not blind and aware of the my consoles strengths and weaknesses. It is a woefully under-powered device for being only 2 years out of the gate. The fact that low end hardware can perform better in most multi-platform games is a testament to this. To think these consoles aren't already holding back IQ and the reason for downgrades would be foolish. In a year or 2 it would not surprise me at all if most PS4 games ran at 30fps 900p (like BF4,BFH,Battlefront, AssCreed, Uncharted 4, etc)...and I am not even talking about the Xbone -- which runs some newer games at 720p. Halo5 uses dynamic resolution and lowers the resolution to 720p during almost any gunfight.

These consoles are just simply too weak and I hope this gen doesn't last until 2020. But hey I guess on the bright side I can keep my 980ti for another 5 years because we certainly wont be seeing any drastic leaps in IQ for years.

I'm not hating on the consoles, that's just stupid. I own a PS4 and play quite a bit of Destiny and Bloodborne on the machine. But I am also not blind and aware of the my consoles strengths and weaknesses. It is a woefully under-powered device for being only 2 years out of the gate. The fact that low end hardware can perform better in most multi-platform games is a testament to this. To think these consoles aren't already holding back IQ and the reason for downgrades would be foolish. In a year or 2 it would not surprise me at all if most PS4 games ran at 30fps 900p (like BF4,BFH,Battlefront, AssCreed, Uncharted 4, etc)...and I am not even talking about the Xbone -- which runs some newer games at 720p. Halo5 uses dynamic resolution and lowers the resolution to 720p during almost any gunfight.

These consoles are just simply too weak and I hope this gen doesn't last until 2020. But hey I guess on the bright side I can keep my 980ti for another 5 years because we certainly wont be seeing any drastic leaps in IQ for years.

You know what is ironic and hilarious at the same time? That original E3 2013 reveal trailer was premised on the game being a next gen console exclusive release, initially Ubi had no plans for a PC version which was only confirmed almost 3 months later. So in reality its not a downgrade specific to PC, but to all platforms based on the expectations created by that original trailer :D

Last edited:
Ubi soft sucks for pc users. Can't trust them. Never preorder.

On the console side holding things back.

I have had the same cpu, a venerable 2500k, since 2011. That pretty much sums it up.

I know many Ubisoft games are starting to feel similar, but Ghost Recon Wildlands and this both seem exceptionally similar. Both action shooters, open world, co-op based set in modern times. Just a slightly different theme and maybe a few vehicles in Wildlands.

Even though there were some parallels in FC, Watch Dogs and Assassins Creed such as the "heavy/fat" enemies at least the settings and gameplay mechanics differed a good bit. These two just look so similar. Would have been nice if one was an SP based non-open world shooter. I am starting to miss regular shooters. Too many of them are open world, and that is becoming a bit tiresome for me.

i was super hyped when i saw the initial scripted trailer..... i watched a bit of the recent gameplay trailers... and the way they pitched the game is amazing, but at the same time doesn't seem like it will live up to my expectations... hopefully im wrong... if not.. no big deal....

Back