The Division - officially announced for PC!

I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Remarkably detailed considering the scope of the game and I love how the atmosphere of it all, especially with the insanely good lighting effects the Snowdrop engine is capable of. For instance, I went down an alley facing towards the sun as it was setting and the sun went through the metal stairs on the side of an apartment building and cast shadows onto smoke that was billowing up from a vent in the ground in front of me. And running around at night during a snowstorm? Jesus, what an impressive sight. I seriously haven't stopped this many times and said "holy shit" in years.

i agree it's a great looking game.

Was excited to hit 30 DZ rank only to discover the DZ currency is basically useless by the time you hit 30. It's a random assortment of purple gear, all of which is worse than my current gear. I have about 75k DZ currency now, gotta find something to spend it on I guess.

The loot should be sold as "Randomized" to make it more enticing, at least then I have a shot to get something useful everytime.

Was excited to hit 30 DZ rank only to discover the DZ currency is basically useless by the time you hit 30. It's a random assortment of purple gear, all of which is worse than my current gear. I have about 75k DZ currency now, gotta find something to spend it on I guess.

The loot should be sold as "Randomized" to make it more enticing, at least then I have a shot to get something useful everytime.

Sounds like you beat the game. Time to shelf it.

idk if you're being sarcastic or not but this is one of those games you never really "beat", like Borderlands. Loot treadmills never end.

Yeah, now we gotta get all the way to DZ 50 :eek:

buy the gear and dismantle for crafting materials? I don't have th egame yet but I'm assuming you get better materials from higher end weapons/armor?

Ok playin ga bit more, is anyone else encountering these issues?

1. Doing grouped missions where do you get the rewards that's listed when you first start matchmaking? I have played on hard now THREE times and each time it shows a blue item as a reward and I NEVEr get this, the boss just drops green loot items and that's it. Someone said you automatically get this but I have checked my inventory and I don't have anything in there either.

2. Is the game automatically putting people on your friend list? I haven't sent anyone an invite yet my friend list in game is constantly growing, is there a way to turn this off?

Anyone know where to pick up the game on the cheap that gives a Steam key? Everywhere I can find is directly uPlay.

I know the game launches via uPlay regardless, just curious about Steam.

Only place I seen selling steam keys was cjs CD keys but the uplay codes are much cheaper.

Well I have dropped all the settings that pertain to the CPU and I still can't get my CPU usage below 100%. Stays pegged the whole time. I get high framerate but anytime i'm in my group the game feels stuttery because of the cpu usage.

Traded in Bravely Default (on my 3DS), I never played the game and never was going to to be honest. So gamestop gave me $25 off, and I got PC Division for $34.99 :) Downloading now, this game looks like something I would very much enjoy. I like reading that its sort of everything Destiny should have been for a MMO game like this. Understanding how the community in general tends to be very critical of Ubisoft the past few years, seeing some overwhelming positive responses has an even greater effect on my purchase decision.

I'm not sure why, or how but watching gameplay videos brings back the (few) good memories I had of Hellgate London. I know that game was a pile, but the core was there and when functional was great. The Division's core mechanics resemble Hellgate London to me more than any other game, but perhaps that'll change once I dig in. For the record, even though HL was a terrible game, I probably clocked over 200 hours in it with a few friends because there was great fun to be had if you overlooked the broken pieces.

Hoping I sink my teeth into this game the same way.

Well I have dropped all the settings that pertain to the CPU and I still can't get my CPU usage below 100%. Stays pegged the whole time. I get high framerate but anytime i'm in my group the game feels stuttery because of the cpu usage.
The game doesn't appear to scale very well. Either that, or their engine just dynamically adjusts itself regardless of what settings you use.

Lowest or highest settings, my CPU usage remains the same (70~90% average). Looking around, others are reporting similar usage regardless of CPU, including i7's. Normally I would say that's a sign of poor optimization but I don't know what to think about this game. Needless to say it does not look good enough to justify these kinds of demands.

This game is actually more demanding than GTA V, just based on my own CPU/GPU usage. In that game you had hundreds of pedestrians, cars, and of course debris all simulating at once... So I don't think Ubisoft/Massive get a pass here. This game has a fraction of the amount of peds GTA V had, plus all of the cars are stationary objects in The Division. I would say GTA V looks better, too.

I would say it's the most demanding game I've played to date (regardless of how good it looks.) If I want to keep a constant pegged 60fps at 1440p in ALL situations (including massive 4 player missions firefights with Cleaners) I need to turn down almost everything to medium. Of course in typical situations wandering around the streets or lighter action indoor areas the framerate can shoot MUCH higher, but to be truly consistent and NEVER drop below 60fps it's crazy how low I have to drop settings.

7 hours of game time so far -- 30% complete according to the main menu. While the story seems to be going quick, I'm having a great time. The game is gorgeous, and runs like a champ on my 6600k/Xire 290s @ 1440p

Haven't done any dark zone play yet - but for a shooter/rpg/mmo type thing.... I'm having a blast. Sounds to me like the people giving negative reviews had different expectations of what it actually the game is supposed to be. Personally I'm not big into games that require crafting/loot/etc but this works for me, I like to think of it as WoW:Lite it's easy to pickup and get into without having to learn a metric shit ton of stuff.

Played a mission or two with some higher ranked friends and it gets hard/impossible FAST - (which is a good thing I think) On top of that, the loot being independently dropped is nice, meaning I can't just tag along and get some crazy high powered stuff that would make the rest of the game too easy.

For $40 - there's a chance in a month I might not be as excited about it, but for the amount of money invested -- it's a great rate of return on fun factor.

Just played the dark zone for the first time since the beta. Seems to be a lot more NPCs running around than before. Had some tough battles with groups a few levels higher than me, and some random strangers joined the fight and helped us. Was then able to later extract a couple full bags to the chopper. Had an experience where someone shot me when i was about 75% done attaching my bag, only to revive me so I could finish instead of stealing my shit. It was refreshing, lol

What's the verdict? Is this a decent game? Does it bring anything genuinely new to the table?

Tempted to pick it up but mainly out of boredom...

What's the verdict? Is this a decent game? Does it bring anything genuinely new to the table?

Ya, I'm in the same boat. I have been holding my self back from buying it. But every one I know seems to like it. I'll probably try to hold off until I can get it for 40 or less. I just dont trust ubi any more, if I ever did, to deliver a product that has any kind of longevity.

I think it's fun as hell. I tend to get bored of certain games after awhile, but I had to force myself to go to sleep the past 2 nights.

I can't speak on anything new genuine to this game. I haven't played a lot of these types. The city/environment is amazing to look at.

shifty68
Ubi has done a fine job. I don't think there is anything else to say about them, at least with this game.

8.5 out of 10 in my book.
Pros-
Great graphics
Decent story line
Grindy
Very fun to play with friends.
Excellent PVP system
Good amount of content
Crafting system is decent
Loot system is fantastic
Plenty of options and builds to choose from
Shit loads of different clothing and gear
Good Matchmaking System

Cons-
Lots of running around
It may get boring to solo but that's where the good match making system comes in to change that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
shifty68
Ubi has done a fine job. I don't think there is anything else to say about them, at least with this game.

8.5 out of 10 in my book.
Pros-
Great graphics
Decent story line
Grindy
Very fun to play with friends.
Excellent PVP system
Good amount of content
Crafting system is decent
Loot system is fantastic
Plenty of options and builds to choose from
Shit loads of different clothing and gear
Good Matchmaking System

Cons-
Lots of running around
It may get boring to solo but that's where the good match making system comes in to change that.

Other than the hacking issues I'll go ahead and co-sign this.

I've put 9 hours into it, I'm a level 10 and that's all been solo no less. This weekend I expect to get more adventerous but I wanted to get my bearings before getting into all of that.

Played a mission or two with some higher ranked friends and it gets hard/impossible FAST - (which is a good thing I think)

Yeah, I saw you join and die pretty quickly. :p

I'm enjoying this game a lot more than I thought I would.

I am loving this game, it's probably one of the best coop experiences I have ever had. This game plays like Diablo meets Gears of War. Having PvP be optional is a great choice and allows you to play how you want. Sometimes when we feel like getting easy gear we'll risk the DZ and get some loots then go back to doing missions. We tackled a level 20 at 15 mission yesterday which took us 2 hours because snipers were taking us out in 1 hit. With enough determination and strategy we finally managed to bring down the boss which gave us almost 3 levels worth of XP and tons of loot making all the effort worth it.

I am loving this game, it's probably one of the best coop experiences I have ever had. This game plays like Diablo meets Gears of War. Having PvP be optional is a great choice and allows you to play how you want. Sometimes when we feel like getting easy gear we'll risk the DZ and get some loots then go back to doing missions. We tackled a level 20 at 15 mission yesterday which took us 2 hours because snipers were taking us out in 1 hit. With enough determination and strategy we finally managed to bring down the boss which gave us almost 3 levels worth of XP and tons of loot making all the effort worth it.

Very nice.

Just curious. So you're saying you get more XP from doing a mission above your level than being at the appropriate level for the mission? So the XP earned isn't fixed for that level/mission?

Example- Level 15 mission grants 15k xp and if you go in at level 12 you'll get more than 15k? (Example numbers, just to clarify)

If so, then I'll be doing this more often.

Seems there's a bit of controversy over the Midas gun, which reduces Signature cooldown everytime you crit hit. Devs have already said they are nerfing it soon.

Meanwhile here's my sniper, which is pretty similar.

5ypRUPn.png

Holy Head Shots Batman!!!! 45k +143% dmg!?!?!

On another note - How does one do the emotes on a PC? I know on Xbox it's down on the d-pad I think I read/heard.

Thanks

Ok grabbed this - Uplay copy not Steam - D'oh!

Just started playing but I seem to be suffering some input lag, specifically keyboard presses. Anyone else having this issue?

The Steam reviews for the game are absolutely ridiculous. Over 8000 reviews less than 24 hours after the game has released. Yet again one more reason I never read or care about reviews or what others have to say about games. Absolutely loving the shit out of this game. Glad I bought the Gold Edition. Looking forward to the DLC.

I'm currently at rank 15 after about 10hrs of play. Loving the game so far. I really like the fact that when you get tired of shooting things you can just take a break and wander around NY, which as they say, is the true star of this game.

At this point though, I'm always looking forward to my next mission.

Very nice.

Just curious. So you're saying you get more XP from doing a mission above your level than being at the appropriate level for the mission? So the XP earned isn't fixed for that level/mission?

Example- Level 15 mission grants 15k xp and if you go in at level 12 you'll get more than 15k? (Example numbers, just to clarify)

If so, then I'll be doing this more often.

Not sure how it works but I shot up from a fresh level 15 to 17 1/2 after completing the level 20 mission.

Are you guys seeing some weird hitching in the game? I'll be running around solo and the game will be perfectly smooth then just stall a bit. I'm wondering if this is being caused by the network code or the game streaming in assets. Is there a way to eliminate it?

Are you guys seeing some weird hitching in the game? I'll be running around solo and the game will be perfectly smooth then just stall a bit. I'm wondering if this is being caused by the network code or the game streaming in assets. Is there a way to eliminate it?

I get it too occasionally.

I actually had to flush my DNS after the last patch, and once before that as well.

Anyone having issues with things showing up in the Rewards Vendor that should be there but aren't?

Anyone else having problems with the game freezing? I'm running the 16.3 hotfix AMD drivers and this game randomly hard locks my entire PC or blue screens every 5-10 minutes.

I'm still getting the massive memory leaks that I was seeing in beta. The first time I played the live version, I didn't have the problem, so I assumed they had fixed it. Unfortunately, I was just lucky with that first launch. Even just opening the game, I can sit and watch my memory usage slowly go up while sitting on the log in screen. It will eventually max out my 16gb and crash the game most of the time. Sometimes it will eventually "dump" the memory and I can play for a bit longer, but that's the exception.

Knock on wood...I haven't had one problem running the game so far. I've played about 10 hours with no crashes or server disconnects.

Back