The Division - officially announced for PC!

I played the PTS for a bit last night. Mainly I just explored the new areas (South Pier / North Pier), which were cool; possibly my favorite part of the expansion. Couldn't get on the Battleship yet, but that is coming (only as part of a new game mode unfortunately, I just want to explore!). That said, there is a Nighclub that is pretty sweet, some new sewer areas, lots of new rooftops and buildings you can go inside of. DivTech is a thing again. The mixed enemies were a nice change up and made for some new dynamics. I haven't played in over 6 months, so it took me a minute to get used to the controls again. I about went down to a group of 2 Flamer heavies with a couple Shotgunners and other various. Getting lit up by the flamers while getting rushed by shotgunners made for an intense moment for open world play. Hadn't had that in a while (they were level 33).

There is a new Optimization Bench that lets you basically level up your weapon. So if it's a 257, you can level it to 278 with DivTech and credits. Not cheap, but a nice addition.

I didn't do anything in the DZ because it was just me and I didn't have long. I didn't do any of the new PvP stuff either. They didn't offer any of the new Classified Gear or Weapons for free at the Vendors like they have in previous PTS', so couldn't check them out (they were in the game, but expensive AF). Hopefully this will change as the PTS gets updated.

All in all, I'm still 'meh' about this game, but that's largely because I still have a lot of burnout. I do have to admit I had fun playing it though. I may check more out later.

Im interested in the release of the new pve content im just burned out from the game. I will eventually give it a few hours just not right away

Im interested in the release of the new pve content im just burned out from the game. I will eventually give it a few hours just not right away

I am likely in the same boat. I'm interested... sort of... but once Wolfenstein New Colossus comes out next month I'll disappear again. I know I'll play more at some point, but it will probably be when I'm bored of everything else.

I am likely in the same boat. I'm interested... sort of... but once Wolfenstein New Colossus comes out next month I'll disappear again. I know I'll play more at some point, but it will probably be when I'm bored of everything else.

I've been playing regularly since the 1.5 patch so I'm definitely getting burned out. Once Destiny 2 releases next month I'll probably focus mostly on that game. In the meantime I'll play The Division periodically and put some time into BF1. The Division is still my favorite game from 2016 though and actually I think it's my most played game ever, hours-wise.

Do I need any additional DLC to play the new PvE areas? I'd love to jump back in the game to explore, which is my most favorite part to do (other than looting great gear when it happens rarely).

Okay, keep in mind this is still PTS, but if these changes go into effect those of you who are still regular will want to see this:

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
For those that don't know, Global Event Assault is happening right now. Assault with the LMB.

Also, PTS 2 is out with the missions,skirmishes, and resistance.

For those that don't know, Global Event Assault is happening right now. Assault with the LMB.

Also, PTS 2 is out with the missions,skirmishes, and resistance.

i haven't had much time to play this week but i was able to try out the Global Event on Wednesday for about an hour. good fun. I'll put more time into it this weekend. gotta grind those superior caches.

Did a bunch of farming so far, the rate of no exotic or classified in the caches is depressing. I’ve done around 40 caches in the last couple nights and almost have a Sentry set and about 4 other misc pieces that weren’t. My exotics have been a Caddy, Bullfrog, Damascus and Centurian. The grind is real.

sucks that there is no new SP stuff....

I don't want MP BS wave attack stuff. I really do like this game but I don't care for any of the MP/PVP content.

sucks that there is no new SP stuff....

I don't want MP BS wave attack stuff.

well they opened up a big new chunk of the PvE map. i don't know if it progresses the story (if that's what you mean by 'singleplayer') but it definitely adds some non-multiplayer content.

I am LOVING the new update!! Lots of fun. Wish there was more content but this is my favorite game of all time so I'll take whatever I can get. Made a new Firecrest build and it's fantastic.

omfg I was just in a good group at the last Resistance mission, we were doing great....BOOM "Division servers are not available right now" ugghhghghg

Thought about starting up again but why grind out gear for a game that wont be around for much longer? I figure grind time spent in Warframe will still have "value" a year from now.

I had to manually update the game- UPlay launched an update for RS6 Siege for me, but it wasn't until I clicked on The Division where I had to click the Update button to initialize my patch. Thought it was 5gb, but then found out it had to download another 10.55gb before finalizing. Just glad I was able to get that taken care of!

Server issues not a surprise given this kind of update and suddenly a bunch of people flushing back in to the play the game that hadn't bothered for months like me. Mine was a delta code.

I did the whole "repair files" process just for grins and recommend everyone else do that, too.

Last night I ran through all of the Resistence missions at least 2 times. I don't know if they ever actually finish? Each team I was on had a good run, made it to Tier 3 rewards at some point, then people just got bored and left the team.

They are massive loot grinds though. I left each one with no less than 6 crates each time and got some fantastic drops.

Yes the lvl1-30 story is where this game shines, the endgame grind is its downfall

This. I had absolutely no desire to touch this game after getting a couple of toons to 30. But the 15 or so ours it takes to get there are pretty fun.

Last night I ran through all of the Resistence missions at least 2 times. I don't know if they ever actually finish? Each team I was on had a good run, made it to Tier 3 rewards at some point, then people just got bored and left the team.

They are massive loot grinds though. I left each one with no less than 6 crates each time and got some fantastic drops.

they dont end. if you look when you start it says endless

my only problem now is the game crashes A LOT for me. and Alt+tab out is almost 100% a crash now.

they dont end. if you look when you start it says endless

my only problem now is the game crashes A LOT for me. and Alt+tab out is almost 100% a crash now.

It may be the Steam or Uplay overlay. Try disabling them to see if the problem goes away?

Looking forward to exploring more of NYC after I get finished with ACO (until more DLC arrive). :D

What's the best way to farm for Classified Gear? After all this Resistance I haven't had a single Classified drop. I guess farming world bosses and doing Underground missions?

What's the best way to farm for Classified Gear? After all this Resistance I haven't had a single Classified drop. I guess farming world bosses and doing Underground missions?

did they change the system with the new update? before 1.8 the only practical way to get classified gear was during Global Events. outside of that the drop rate for classified gear was extremely low (like 1% - 1.5%). did they change the drop rate?

did they change the system with the new update? before 1.8 the only practical way to get classified gear was during Global Events. outside of that the drop rate for classified gear was extremely low (like 1% - 1.5%). did they change the drop rate?

I thought I read 3%
Though they also stated that the drop rate will increase after the next global event, which will release the last of the classified stuff.
That was mentioned int he last SOTG I believe.

I think it’s at 3% now but I could be wrong. From what I’ve seen in YT vids you can get it from world boss drops, underground crates and high tier resistance crates. I just wanted to hear what you guys have heard about where to get it. I haven’t had a single piece of classified gear drop for me so far.

This is all anecdotal and too small a sample size to be scientific but it's what I can state for sure.

I do the ten easy to fast travel to LZ bosses in about an hour on all four characters and usually wind up with a 1-2 from that cycle (I don't bother with the few that you need to run a bit to get to). I can go two all four-character (80 named) runs without getting one but it usually balances back out after that. This has been consistent for me since it was introduced. I was doing this before classified to build credits and crafting materials anyway. Now I get a few Div Tech as well. Tons of the LZ exotics obviously as well. Wish I used any of those but they always seem to give Div Tech.

Since 1.8 I've picked up two from Underground in 11 total phases (two 3 phase and 2 1 phase) in which 14 hunters died and one of the drops came from one of them and one from a crate behind a locked door. Only one exotic drop (no classified) from 37 waves of resistance. Four Legendaries down and no classified from those. I've also done one challenging Lex just out of curiosity, no classified. These are from my entire group drops btw, not just my personal drops.

That's my experience so far.

ok, classified drop rate not getting increased until after GE4. Upcoming GE is only 3.
I lost track of GEs.
Though I also haven't even played since July.
And yeah, current classified drop rate is 3%

Back