cageymaru

Fully [H]
The Division 2 has a March 15, 2019 release date and Ubisoft has announced the PC specifications and features that will be in the game. The PC version of the game will feature an uncapped frame rate, uncapped display resolution, full UI and HUD customization, multiscreen and widescreen support, variable refresh rate support, and HDR support. As far as PC specifications go, Ubisoft and Massive have taken the time to create 4 theoretical PC builds ranging from minimum - 1080p | 30 FPS to Elite - 4K | 60 FPS. They are detailed in the chart below. There is a beta signup here.

Those of you eager to save Washington, DC from the brink of total collapse can pre-order the Standard, Gold, or Ultimate PC editions of The Division 2 from the Epic Games Store or Ubisoft Store. Additionally, players who pre-order the PC version of the game on the Epic Games Store, Ubisoft Store, or at select online or physical retailers will get access to the Private Beta, while all other players can register online for a chance to be selected for the beta. The Division 2 launches on March 15 on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

Removing it from the Steam store just un-preordered it for me. I suppose they can do that but it will not make me re-preorder it elsewhere.
You had to install the uPlay services to use the last one and will have to on this one as well, might as well buy it there too. I don’t pre order regardless of where it’s offered but I don’t understand this devoted following steam has.

I enjoyed the first Division game for awhile, but the lack of content and PvP being over run with hacks killed it quick. I'll give the beta a shot.

And who is going for 60 fps at 1080/1440p these days....everyone is shooting 120+. Though this is more mmo than fps so guess the lower targets make more sense.

Last edited:
they had to wait for AMDs CES to finish to announce the Elite specs. thats kind of funny.

I for one, am looking forward to this game. I really enjoyed The Division personally. It also made a great game to use for testing, was forward looking in graphics features, hard on GPUs, and was one of a handful of games that was actually faster under DX12 API. I am looking forward to The Division 2 to do the same.

so scared this is going to run like shit for me.

6 core xeon
24gb ram
980gtx (cause I suspect this WILL NOT support SLI) i only want 1080p and max graphics :(

Notice how it is comparing a Radeon 7 to a 2080 *Ti*.

Well amd videocards did well in the original division. While I don't expect it to reach 2080ti performance, I do expect to be faster than the 2080 and slower than the 2080 ti.

Reactions: DF-1
like this

6 core xeon
24gb ram
980gtx (cause I suspect this WILL NOT support SLI) i only want 1080p and max graphics :(

While I cannot fully comment, I did get SLi to work with Division 1.. tho the frames were fine for me in alpha running 2 1080 Ti's tho there was no way with telling if SLi was on given I only had a short time to play. Think you'll be fine. It was smooth as butter on the highest settings with my i7 4790K and a 1080 Ti during the Alpha.

Notice how it is comparing a Radeon 7 to a 2080 *Ti*.
I think that is because they have implemented a number of ATI specific optimizations, Division 2 will be a big PC release but it will be a larger Console release I have a feeling the port is easier transitioning to AMD based hardware than nVidia's.

6 core xeon
24gb ram
if it makes you feel better the 2060 should provide you with a 30%+ performance increase with that system and would probably do max settings at 1080p....

if it makes you feel better the 2060 should provide you with a 30%+ performance increase with that system and would probably do max settings at 1080p....

30% over SLI or a single 980?

know what my fear is though...going to a single card will hurt games that do support SLI....

I can't win :)

unless I get 2. althought I think I'd rather find 2 used 1080s

30% over SLI or a single 980?

know what my fear is though...going to a single card will hurt games that do support SLI....

I can't win :)

unless I get 2. althought I think I'd rather find 2 used 1080s
I doubt there will be a SLI profile for the game out the gate but I have read in a few places that other 980 SLI users have found upgrading to a single 2070 gave small increases in very well supported titles and obviously made non supported titles run great. That being the case a 2060 would be a sidegrade at best for supported titles.

You had to install the uPlay services to use the last one and will have to on this one as well, might as well buy it there too. I don’t pre order regardless of where it’s offered but I don’t understand this devoted following steam has.
I was more pissed at it canceling my preorder then what platform I was on.

I liked the first one till the hackers took over. Great to co-op with friends. Hopefully they’ve built on the security for 2 so it doesn’t get ruined.

Looking good though, will be interesting to see actual performance as I’m getting the 144hz 38” LG as soon as it’s out and I’d rather not upgrade from my 1080 Ti

Excited for the game. Put a lot of time I to the first, especially survival.

I'm curious where the outrage is from the AMD group with a game that appears to be highly optimized for AMD hardware?? Anytime the opposite happens it's nearly like the world ended...

Another good looking FPS game, that are not the kind of FPS game i am looking for.
Visuals sure change since i last played a FPS game ( COD modern warfare ) even more so since the last FPS game i played competitive that was based on the quake 2 engine with GHOUL.

Do they still market it as single player, when it is clearly not?

I doubt there will be a SLI profile for the game out the gate but I have read in a few places that other 980 SLI users have found upgrading to a single 2070 gave small increases in very well supported titles and obviously made non supported titles run great. That being the case a 2060 would be a sidegrade at best for supported titles.

2070 seems the better choice actually. not super expensive new and seems to be between 1080 and 1080ti in terms of performance. hmmm....wonder how much I could sell my 980s for with the waterblocks :)

fuck with a 20% coupon I could get a 2070 for 500 bucks (coupon covers the tax :( )

Wonder if the wife would kill me :)

edit:
I wonder if they will end up with the AC:O problem where you needed a certain CPU extension at first but the patched it out pretty quick. Nothing on the spec sheet about that stuff.

Last edited:
How? You can't play without logging in, and if you do you share the game world with other players.

I played through the entire game without playing with another human. Yes you need to log in but you don't need to play with others at all. You don't see other human players outside the safe zones.

I think the dark zone was the only exception and I never really went in there.

I had fun playing the orginal on the laptop I have in signature without any major issues (I was in the process of moving back home and was staying with family till my wife and I found a house)

I bought the RX590 put into my old system and to get the Division 2 and some other games for "free"

Never played the first, and usually don't play these type of AAA titles but willing to be convinced. Is it a true open world like Arma/PubG or are the maps limited to smaller load zones that fake the open world?

1080/60 isn't that bad for the 970. I think The Division 1 ran at 70-80 maxed out.... I guess I should start thinking about upgrading. Weird being forced to upgrade rather than wanting to upgrade, says a lot about current gen gpu offerings.

The 1st Division was open world but not PVP open world. Everywhere was PVE instanced for just you until you entered the "Dark Zone" which became multiplayer PVP IIRC.

I bought The Division when it launched and put it away after about an hour. A year or more later I got into it again and did the whole game solo, later learning how to do some of the online-runs during loot-crate events with Randos where I learned how to play the different maps, support the other players, and learned to embrace the repeititon of these types of games.

I'd grind away, get loot, and finally get that one gun I wanted................then when I got the guns I wanted......I quit. Seriously I found myself playing the same maps, over and over, the same way, with the same techniques, just to get those lootz........just to get the named weapons....just to find...I didn't want to actually use them. however this remains the only game I ever
invested any kind of grind-time it, so I have to give it props for hooking me in a way most games that involve grinding-away never, ever will.

Occasoinally I fire up the original game to revisit the dark, snowy Christmas-Infested Manhattan just to slaughter PVE enemies for a bit....and then I shut it off, the magic having passed. I'll enjoy Division 2 as a SP experience someday on the cheap but forget that whole grinding-away-events crap. Playing with Rando wasn't bad, good players would stick together, it was just after awhile I felt like I was playing a sport.
How quickly could we clear this level and get that loot only to do it again and again and again and....yeah its addictive, in that "Heroin Empty Death Awaits" way......and it was.

Will say this: After awhile perfecting builds became an absurd hobby that took more of the fun out of the game for me, you start to realize you're spending more time on stats than playing the game.......this isn't why I game :) That's more like work, and I gotta get paid to tolerate that.

I bought The Division when it launched and put it away after about an hour. A year or more later I got into it again and did the whole game solo, later learning how to do some of the online-runs during loot-crate events with Randos where I learned how to play the different maps, support the other players, and learned to embrace the repeititon of these types of games.

I'd grind away, get loot, and finally get that one gun I wanted................then when I got the guns I wanted......I quit. Seriously I found myself playing the same maps, over and over, the same way, with the same techniques, just to get those lootz........just to get the named weapons....just to find...I didn't want to actually use them. however this remains the only game I ever
invested any kind of grind-time it, so I have to give it props for hooking me in a way most games that involve grinding-away never, ever will.

Occasoinally I fire up the original game to revisit the dark, snowy Christmas-Infested Manhattan just to slaughter PVE enemies for a bit....and then I shut it off, the magic having passed. I'll enjoy Division 2 as a SP experience someday on the cheap but forget that whole grinding-away-events crap. Playing with Rando wasn't bad, good players would stick together, it was just after awhile I felt like I was playing a sport.
How quickly could we clear this level and get that loot only to do it again and again and again and....yeah its addictive, in that "Heroin Empty Death Awaits" way......and it was.

Will say this: After awhile perfecting builds became an absurd hobby that took more of the fun out of the game for me, you start to realize you're spending more time on stats than playing the game.......this isn't why I game :) That's more like work, and I gotta get paid to tolerate that.

I really enjoyed playing it through with a friend of mine, but didn't do much in the dark zone etc as it just wasn't fun for me.

Still looking forward to this. They fixed or modified a lot of clumsy mechanics (like having to craft 4000 Vectors hoping for that god roll) so here's hoping they don't pull a Destiny 2 and somehow fuck up and remove all the good changes they made over the 1st one and bring us back to step 1.

The PVE content is generally pretty good stuff. PVP is just a clunky unfun pile of shit. I spent a ton of time in the Dark Zone just for the loot and it had its moments, but fights always felt awkward as shit.

Also you were absolute fucking useless fodder against anyone with a decent set of gear. Don't know why they don't normalize you then add a bonus on top so gear still matters but starting out doesn't mean you literally cannot damage someone.

I have about 1k hours in the division. I really like the game and will probably buy the second one. For most of that 1k hours I played on an r9 fury@1440p. I really hope they worked on some of the bugginess. Nothing was more irritating when everytime they went to fix something. They broke something they just fixed, especially the healing shot...
Still looking forward to this. They fixed or modified a lot of clumsy mechanics (like having to craft 4000 Vectors hoping for that god roll) so here's hoping they don't pull a Destiny 2 and somehow fuck up and remove all the good changes they made over the 1st one and bring us back to step 1.

The PVE content is generally pretty good stuff. PVP is just a clunky unfun pile of shit. I spent a ton of time in the Dark Zone just for the loot and it had its moments, but fights always felt awkward as shit.

Also you were absolute fucking useless fodder against anyone with a decent set of gear. Don't know why they don't normalize you then add a bonus on top so gear still matters but starting out doesn't mean you literally cannot damage someone.

Yea pvp in the game was awkward. I really enjoyed the game.

Any idea of required cpu extensions lime ac:eek: had at launch which kept people from being able to play?

They didnt even say untik it was too late and patched it out.

I played through the entire game without playing with another human. Yes you need to log in but you don't need to play with others at all. You don't see other human players outside the safe zones.

I think the dark zone was the only exception and I never really went in there.
Yeah I think safe zones do count as part of the game, so you can't really play without seeing other players. I'm extremely antisocial about games, I can't stand random people standing around idling or doing stupid shit in the background.

Back