Yeah I think safe zones do count as part of the game, so you can't really play without seeing other players. I'm extremely antisocial about games, I can't stand random people standing around idling or doing stupid shit in the background.
We’re sorry your safe space isn’t safe from other players and triggered you.

I joke but seriously, get over yourself and just ignore the other idiots hanging about.....well one exception. I remember when the game first launched it was possibly for other random players to block you by just standing in the way that was a fucked up mistake to allow.

2070 seems the better choice actually. not super expensive new and seems to be between 1080 and 1080ti in terms of performance. hmmm....wonder how much I could sell my 980s for with the waterblocks :)

fuck with a 20% coupon I could get a 2070 for 500 bucks (coupon covers the tax :( )

Wonder if the wife would kill me :)

edit:
I wonder if they will end up with the AC:O problem where you needed a certain CPU extension at first but the patched it out pretty quick. Nothing on the spec sheet about that stuff.

Given that a 1060 6GB gives you the performance of a 980 and 1080 ti gives you double 980 (with SLI you don't get double and unfortunately many games don't even support SLI lately). I think 2060 should have no problem at all giving to 1080p@60 maxed out in all games. 2070 is certainly a better choice as it has more VRAM and will likely last you longer. Unless you can find a 1080ti for a good deal, I'd go for a current gen card. Your CPU is pretty old too, it may be a bottleneck with some games as is lack of PCIe3 for video card. I built a budget rig for a buddy with a first gen Core based Xeon (I forget model number but similar to yours, it's a 6 core from 2010 which was my gaming rig at the time) and a 1060 6GB perhaps a year and a half back and it happily runs everything at 1080p with max settings. With 2060 coming out shortly at $350, I don't think it really makes sense buying a 1000 series unless you get a cheap 1080ti.

The removal from Steam is a major issue in my mind. uPlay titles have always, even when activating on Steam, bundled in UPlay so I wouldn't necessarily mind them continuing to do so. However, I always liked that Ubi both sold titles that activated directly on UPlay AND via Steam. Now, it would be bad enough if they were simply removing Steam, but what really makes me frustrated is replacing Steam with the Epic Games Store/Launcher.

My distaste for Epic and their recent business practices could be a whole post in and of itself, but this is even more evidence that - much like their repugnant attempts to get 3rd party titles to be exclusive to their store and launcher - they're throwing around that Fortnite money and harming the overall ecosystem. Considering the amount of sales that recent Ubi titles - such as Assassin's Creed Odyssey - have made via Steam, they must have given a huge deal with dumptrucks of money to Ubi in order to get them to not like The Division 2 there as well. Honestly I expected more of Ubi, given that their games are now set up as longer-tail "live services" (ie updated and supported with content which is generally a good thing) so I can't imagine them purging Steam knowing the massive potential user base there, even if we take any ethics out of the situation.

The removal from Steam is a major issue in my mind. uPlay titles have always, even when activating on Steam, bundled in UPlay so I wouldn't necessarily mind them continuing to do so. However, I always liked that Ubi both sold titles that activated directly on UPlay AND via Steam. Now, it would be bad enough if they were simply removing Steam, but what really makes me frustrated is replacing Steam with the Epic Games Store/Launcher.

My distaste for Epic and their recent business practices could be a whole post in and of itself, but this is even more evidence that - much like their repugnant attempts to get 3rd party titles to be exclusive to their store and launcher - they're throwing around that Fortnite money and harming the overall ecosystem. Considering the amount of sales that recent Ubi titles - such as Assassin's Creed Odyssey - have made via Steam, they must have given a huge deal with dumptrucks of money to Ubi in order to get them to not like The Division 2 there as well. Honestly I expected more of Ubi, given that their games are now set up as longer-tail "live services" (ie updated and supported with content which is generally a good thing) so I can't imagine them purging Steam knowing the massive potential user base there, even if we take any ethics out of the situation.

Wait, it's not epic store exclusive, right? Meaning you can still buy it directly from uplay, and 3rd party sellers.

Any idea of required cpu extensions lime ac:eek: had at launch which kept people from being able to play?

They didnt even say untik it was too late and patched it out.
Going by the minimum specs I would expect that any CPU not matching the feature set of Vishera or Sandy Bridge will either not work or have a hard time.

But do keep complaining when newer software won't work with your 8-year old CPU that is using 11-year old microarchitecture.

Going by the minimum specs I would expect that any CPU not matching the feature set of Vishera or Sandy Bridge will either not work or have a hard time.

But do keep complaining when newer software won't work with your 8-year old CPU that is using 11-year old microarchitecture.

its only UBI soft games I worry about. nothing else seems to care. my 8 year CPU plays a game perfectly fine that apparently required it but no longer does so....

Wait, it's not epic store exclusive, right? Meaning you can still buy it directly from uplay, and 3rd party sellers.

This is true (for the moment), but I consider the removal of Steam and the insertion of Epic to be an issue on its own. Epic needs to fail at these gambits or else we're going to get more and more incompatible platforms that offer little for the player and policies such as "pay for exclusives by license agreement" will become more common, as all player-hostile but money-making elements of the gaming industry that are not squashed via large scale user objection. This is a big, blinking warning light of Epic's capacity to distort the market.

Back