The Denver Broncos Will Use a Robotic Arm to Serve Beer at Mile High Stadium

cageymaru

Fully [H]
The Denver Broncos have enlisted the help of a robotic arm to pour beer. The "UR5e" robotic arm will work at the stadium and dispense Bud Light straight from the keg starting Saturday. It is manufactured by Universal Robots and is programmed by MSI TEC. According to the Washington Post, the Jacksonville Jaguars have a robotic arm that dispenses Bud Light also. Dilly Dilly.

The mechanical arm, manufactured by Universal Robots and programmed by MSI TEC, will serve beer from a machine that fills plastic cups from the bottom up using a special cut and magnet. The robot is programmed to have two people push a button at the same time to start dispensing beer.

Aww, was really hoping they sourced the robots from The Useless Duck Company.

Sounds great. No need to worry about tips.

Hmm, imagine if they replaced the whole food industry with robots. You wouldn't have to worry about tipping then either, because there wouldn't be any restaurants open.

Also, if you're worried about tipping then maybe you shouldn't spend $8-10 dollars on less than a dollar of beer.

The Anheuser-Busch Technology Division. We're coming up with industrial ways to dispense industrial beer. Lets work together to take the humanity out of beer drinking!

From the headline I was picturing a giant arm that gave you a beer at your seat in the stands.

Now that would be amazing.

If the arm works out, the Redskins plan to trade a first round draft pick for it to replace Mark Sanchez.

Hmm, imagine if they replaced the whole food industry with robots. You wouldn't have to worry about tipping then either, because there wouldn't be any restaurants open.

Also, if you're worried about tipping then maybe you shouldn't spend $8-10 dollars on less than a dollar of beer.

But we all know that no man, no problem.

Better to start out with Piss Light for testing purposes. Move up to regular Piss after the teething phase.

What about when we give the robots AI? Does the robot revolution start because you didn't tip the robot barista?

Robot is going to need a speed upgrade to fill beer cups a lot faster than it is doing now. That was pathetically slow. If a real life buxom beer attendant poured beer that slow, I wouldn't care how big her face slappers were, she'd not get a tip from me.

Interesting, I got invited to a game tomorrow. I'll have to go check it out.

When you charge $10 for a beer, you can afford the $200,000 robot to pour.

proxy-duckduckgo-com.jpg
upload pic

I am a CNC enthusiast so I enjoy that this is a FANUC robotic arm but .... it is really slow. The cups that fill from the bottom are much more efficient, and if you are a Denver fan you are going to need the beers coming fast and numerous. :p

Do the magnet caps get recycled some how, or do they just throw away thousands of magnets every game?

Back