The Dates for the Next 3 Steam Sales Have Been Leaked

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Speaking to three developer sources today, Kotaku UK has learned the dates and times of the next three Steam Sales. According to images provided by these developers, the next three sale dates are October 26th 2017 to November 1st 2017 (Halloween Sale), November 22nd 2017 to November 28th 2017 (Autumn Sale), and December 21st 2017 to January 4th 2018 (Winter Sale).

My problem is that you really get product overload at the sales, when over 9999 titles are on sale it makes it so you really only notice titles who paid the extra money to be featured in the first page of sales.

Surprise! Steam is going to have regular and predictable sales!

Granted this will surely cost them some money with a few people who don't realize this, but still.
giphy.gif

whens the next sale?

The sales only suck because I already own most of all the games I want anyway. lol

Amen to that! Regarding the sale time frames, how is this a surprise to anyone who's been using Steam for years? Maybe down to a day but overall sales usually occur around same time frames each year. If this showed actual games on sale and their prices then sure, it could be a problem.

Steam sales have lost their luster but I've also started not buying as many games on launch on purpose which I know I'm not going to play right away so I can buy it later during a sale...looking forward to buying Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice and SOMA which fits the Steam Halloween theme

Meh. I look forward to GOG sales more than anything now. Also, I pretty much own all the games I want to play now anyways. But good to know OP. I'll probably look for Shadow of Mordor since I never beat it on my friends PS4.

Look forward to the sales. Compare against my wish list to get the best deals. Try to fatten up my wallet with steam cards if I can find them on sale. ($40 for a $50 card)

Christmas sale will bring with it some card/ornament/collecting event with it.

GOG sales tend to have about the same prices. If given the option I buy them there and add to steam as no steam games, Mostly cuz Gabe is a jerk for not releasing HL3, and I like the idea that that must show up on some report.

GOG sales tend to have about the same prices. If given the option I buy them there and add to steam as no steam games, Mostly cuz Gabe is a jerk for not releasing HL3, and I like the idea that that must show up on some report.
So, pay the same through GOG to forego auto updates. That's all you accomplish.

Ever since steam stopped daily deals (during sales) I bought maybie few odd dlc as 99.99% of the time games could be found cheaper elsewhere and still be activated on steam (gone are days of -80% or -90% for first minutes after new deals roll out each day). Btw I'm sure wolfenstein 2 will be something like -20% and it is cheaper than that at cdkeys right now.

Not for me. I check it once, buy some games on my wishlist and I'm done.
The 'Good Old Days' was only happening because the economy stalled in 2008 due to the Mortgage and Credit fiasco. People had cut non-essential spending to the bone. The Industry was looking at a depression up to a collapse. I would say Steam's low cost high volume sales enabled from minimal overhead probably saved a good deal of the industry.

Ever since steam stopped daily deals (during sales) I bought maybie few odd dlc as 99.99% of the time games could be found cheaper elsewhere and still be activated on steam (gone are days of -80% or -90% for first minutes after new deals roll out each day). Btw I'm sure wolfenstein 2 will be something like -20% and it is cheaper than that at cdkeys right now.
Yup, I buy newer games mostly from cdkeys.com. You know you're getting a legit key and the prices are hard to beat. Support is also stellar.

Cool. I buy most of my games during these sales (or other vendors, but 99.9% of my games were bought on sale).

No big surprise, but still cool.

Back