The Darkness II

KillRoy X

Gawd
So I just recently purchaseed Darkness II for $12 on Amazon. Didn't see a thread other than the demo, so thought I'd start.

I'm not done, but so far I am suprised this hasn't been a topic. This game is suprisingly great. Not sure why I'm surprised though, the first which was only on consoles and was great as well.

I'm hearing the SP is short, hope it's not Homeland short, but so far the story/action is better than the first. Drawback I had at first was the cell shading, but it works in this case.

Graphics don't push the system, run everything highest level and no slow downs.

I want to buy and play it, but the demo hardlocked my system. Not sure why.

I wanted to get this game from the Amazon sale, sadly being out of the US I can't... I'll have to wait for a sale somewhere else. I heard they now added a FOV slider?

I wanted to get this game from the Amazon sale, sadly being out of the US I can't... I'll have to wait for a sale somewhere else. I heard they now added a FOV slider?

They do, I didn't know if that was added after a patch, but that was a good addition, because default was no good.

So I just recently purchaseed Darkness II for $12 on Amazon. Didn't see a thread other than the demo, so thought I'd start.

I'm not done, but so far I am suprised this hasn't been a topic. This game is suprisingly great. Not sure why I'm surprised though, the first which was only on consoles and was great as well.

I'm hearing the SP is short, hope it's not Homeland short, but so far the story/action is better than the first. Drawback I had at first was the cell shading, but it works in this case.

Graphics don't push the system, run everything highest level and no slow downs.

for $12...its a steal.

They do, I didn't know if that was added after a patch, but that was a good addition, because default was no good.
It was apparently added in a recent patch. There were a lot of complaints about the original FOV and is the reason I have been holding off.

I went through the co-op campaign as well as Hit List missions with a buddy and really enjoyed it. I hear the single player is even better.

I also picked it up during the sale and have been enjoying it. It's worth $12 if your looking for an fps with an interesting single player story and unique game play mechanics.

The game is satisfyingly brutal, you play a mafia crime lord who is holding "The Darkness" and has sprouted 2 demonic snake arms from his back. The arms almost act like the gravity gun in Half Life, where you can pick up, throw, and manipulate objects in your environment. You can also use your arms to perform some pretty graphic execution moves on your enemies.

The art style looks really good, has a sort of comic book, cell shaded look to it. The game has interesting characters, my favorite would be Johnny who is sort of Woody Allen if he lost his mind studying the occult. He also provides good back story for the relics you find.

Hmm, maybe I'm a slow player, but I'm still playing and have logged 7 hours so far. Nice variety in the levels and so much going on in the battles. Got to be a good mulitasker in this one.

I heard some players finishing this up under 5 hours? You have to be just trying to get through as quick as possible if that's the case.

7 hours was the most I got out of the SP and I thought I played that thing about as thoroughly as you could for a rail shooter.

A good game. I just wanted more of it. $20 or less and I can endorse it for folks.

Just make sure you use this: https://www.widescreenfixer.org/

The default FOV is hideous. This allows you to fix it.

Hey QBZ, apparently in a patch that came out earlier, they added the FOV slider, which takes care of the problem,

thx,

It lacks the variety and open ended nature of the first title and suffers from a lack of surprise (kind of like Bioshock 2, we already know the secrets and unknowns). And where did creeping dark go? I loved that power in the first game. Also, no side quests, and linear game play.

On the other hand, the action sequences play out better and of course it runs better since it is on PC. I rate the first one 9/10 and this one 8/10.

Biggles,

Nice assessment, I actually forgot all about the creeping dark, have no idea why they didn't bring this back. Agreed, the 2nd is more action oriented, but I find the story more compelling in DII. Can't give anything away, but it's kinda a mind f***

Back