The Cynical Brit Passes

Shitty news, only 33. From what I've seen and heard he seemed to have deteoriated pretty quickly, his last few YouTube vids he didn't appear on camera and his voice was noticeably weaker and strained sounding. The only pic he did post he was partly obscured by his dog and even then you could tell he had lost a ton of weight. :(

Man, left us way too soon. I love his WTF is (game name) series. He's leaving a hell of a legacy though.

Last edited:
Yeah. Cancer just took my Mom. Was only 59. Crazy how expensive it gets fighting it and the tole ot takes on the person and family, but we can give a dude a vagina no sweat....

did not know this person, did a quick wiki read on him, RIP to him and sorry for his friends/family loss of him :(

Sad to hear he's gone. He fought hard until the end. But I'm glad he doesn't have to fight the pain anymore. I hope the hospitals left some for his family.

RIP.

I did not always agree with him, but the man sure had integrity and a knack for producing compelling and entertaining content.

Very sad to hear this news.

He was one of my favorite reviewers. He didn't follow the norm. And I really enjoyed that about him.

When I first heard he had cancer a few years ago my first thought was that how much he would miss gaming. Sad then and especially sad now.

RIP Totalbisquit

I wasn't aware of him, but obviously he was highly regarded here. So damned young to die.

I'm not a tinfoil hat kind of person, and I am definitely not bringing up politics, but I sometimes wonder if "Big Pharma" is really interested in preventing cancer.

I'm probably not seeing the "big picture" here. Whatever.

I wasn't aware of him, but obviously he was highly regarded here. So damned young to die.

I'm not a tinfoil hat kind of person, and I am definitely not bringing up politics, but I sometimes wonder if "Big Pharma" is really interested in preventing cancer.

I'm probably not seeing the "big picture" here. Whatever.

Big phrama is VERY interested in curing cancer. Curing any kind of cancer would mean 100s of billions of dollars in revenue for any company. Far more than the barely working methods now. The thing is there really can't be something that is a cure for cancer as a whole. There is not a singular type of cancer nor a singular cause. All cancers act differently and they spread differently in each person. No treatment is going to work the same on each person. Over 100 types of cancer have been identified so far and there are probably a lot more out there. Curing cancer is like curing the "common" cold, its not something you can develop a one-size cures all solution for, a real cure or truly nearly 100% reliable treatment is on a cancer-by-cancer (or patient-by-patient) basis.

My heart sunk when I found out. I was really rooting for him and was so happy when he went into remission a couple years ago. But unfortunately completely getting rid of EVERY cancerous cell is extremely difficult. Rest in peace.

It's impossible to prevent cancer. Cancer literally begins when your own cell performs an error during it's replication that isn't caught by the cell's own fail-safes that causes it to continuously replicate with no "stop" indicator (best way I can describe it in layman's terms). These cancerous cells then continue to replicate and spread at exponential rates. Very hard to fight especially in later stages.

As a PSA, I'm in clinical research and the latest statistics from 2017 show that the average US citizen now has a 40% chance of developing some form of cancer in their lifetime. (I can find the source tomorrow if anyone wants it) If you notice something different with your body, do not hesitate to get it checked out. Nearly every form of cancer is treatable/curable if found in it's very early stages.

I appreciate the post but he was completely against almost everything this forum community believes.

Really big loss here for the gaming community (not counting family, friends, of course). He was one of the funniest and most insightful reviewers out there.

I appreciate the post but he was completely against almost everything this forum community believes.

What? TB was very much aligned with what (I presume) this community is about: pc gaming, originality, quality, maturity, and reviewer integrity. He was also wicked smart and funny AF.

That is what the website does. This forum is an alt-right circlejerk.
Bugger off somewhere else then, i'm sure no-one will miss you. TB's reviews were awesome and very much part of what this forum stands for. RIP TB, my condolences to your friends and family you will be missed.

The loss of a sane voice within a mediums critical base is always a shame.

My god... He is free from his painful sickness but his wife and family must be going through hell right now. I was only occasional watcher of his content but I knew what he was about and this is a big blow for PC gaming community in general. RIP and I wish strength to your loved ones.

Just shitty, he was very young.

the only thing anyone can say for certain is that this forum believes in is PC hardware, technology, performance, and gaming. I think total biscuit hit that mark.

Last edited:
Wasn't a big follower of him, but very much aware of the impact that he's had on the PC gaming community. I watched his videos of indie games from time to time.

Someone very close to me personally is at bat for the second time against cancer, and it breaks my heart reading about this.

RIP to TB, and condolences to his loved ones. I can't imagine what it is like to lose someone, especially at that age.

That is really too bad, if inevitable. It is pretty rare someone escapes cancer after it has progressed so far. But, let it be a lesson, no matter who you are, and what you do, or what you believe; Do it as hard as you can, enjoy it as much as you can and never regret that you did. Life is fleeting, make the most of it.

The man's reviews were (are still) totally on-point IMO. I never regretted making buying decisions based on them.

Back