The Crew 2 Will Be Released June 29th

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
DSOGaming is reporting that Ubisoft's The Crew 2 will launch on June 29th. The sequel is being developed by French studio, Ubisoft Ivory Tower, and sports a fully redesigned map of the USA, as well as boat and aircraft racing and exploration.

I was really excited for the original "The Crew," even bought the game with the season pass, but was quickly angered when Ubisoft didn't include Wild Run within the season pass, or even a discount for people who had purchased it. Hopefully the new map is substantially larger as well.

Players will find challenges and inspiration among four different motorsports families: street racing, off-road, pro racing and freestyle, and will be given a broad set of options among a wide selection of vehicle types.

But I didn't enjoy the first one. Even after I got it for free on their program.

It was the most boring racing game I ever played. I never felt like I knew what was happening in the game, and there were not enough side challenges to keep me distracted.

It's been forever since I found a UBI Soft game I liked. They're all EXTREMELY pretty games with zero depth.

But I didn't enjoy the first one. Even after I got it for free on their program.

It was the most boring racing game I ever played. I never felt like I knew what was happening in the game, and there were not enough side challenges to keep me distracted.

It's been forever since I found a UBI Soft game I liked. They're all EXTREMELY pretty games with zero depth.

It was enjoyable driving around and doing the challenges with friends. Like any other open world game, better with friends.

It was enjoyable driving around and doing the challenges with friends. Like any other open world game, better with friends.

If a driving "game" is only fun multiplayer, then it's not really a game, is it? It's just a driving simulator.

And it was a pretty poor simulator.

I just get bored with every crappy racing game whittling down to the same thing: If you don't have friends interested in playing it DAILY with you, then it's worthless. That's the reason why people pay $10 a month for iRacing: guaranteed "friends" to race with :D

I HOPED their take on an open-world racer would actually have some interesting single-player depth, like Burnout Paradise. But I was left bored.

Last edited:
I was all excited for a second and then I realized I was thinking of The Club from Bizarre Creations back in 2008.

Played the demo of The Crew, semi enjoyable I suppose but wasn’t my thing.

I actually liked the crew, and it was not boring. Played the whole game, and than I raced with some buddies. Also
If a driving "game" is only fun multiplayer, then it's not really a game, is it? It's just a driving simulator.

And it was a pretty poor simulator.

Nothing in common with simulator. Simulator games are the iRacing that you mentioned, Codemasters games and many others. But the last thing that an open world "racing" game that you can play with friends is simulator lol. Get your act together buddy :)

Anyway, I'm in the Alpha program for the Crew 2, and have signed my NDA and tonight after work i'll see if it is any good.

Yikes!!! I forgot I got it for free. I'll give it a try

Nothing in common with simulator. Simulator games are the iRacing that you mentioned, Codemasters games and many others. But the last thing that an open world "racing" game that you can play with friends is simulator lol. Get your act together buddy :)

I disagree slightly. Games like Forza Horizon and Test Drive Unlimited are/were certainly far closer to simulator than arcade racing.

The Crew, that Need For Speed game that was open world (rivals?), burnout paradise, those I’d certainly agree don’t have anything in common with a simulator.

I remember this game. Playing it alone, I thought it was mediocre game. If I played with friends, it probably would have been more enjoyable. Might give the Crew 2 a try.

I disagree slightly. Games like Forza Horizon and Test Drive Unlimited are/were certainly far closer to simulator than arcade racing.

The Crew, that Need For Speed game that was open world (rivals?), burnout paradise, those I’d certainly agree don’t have anything in common with a simulator.

And I honestly disagree with you. Forza is not even a slight simulator (for me personally) no damage? Oh come on, every arcade player knows to put the pedal to the metal and hit the reset once he ends the flight period. TDU? I loved TDU, I even fried a VC while overclocking my CPU to try and play it. But it's arcade all the way.

You see, a simulation game is one that actually has reality in it. When you make an error that you pay for it. This is one of the reasons I pretty much stick to Codemasters games, even though they are more 50/50 than pure simulation. Oh and I looove myself some Project Cars.

And I honestly disagree with you. Forza is not even a slight simulator (for me personally) no damage? Oh come on, every arcade player knows to put the pedal to the metal and hit the reset once he ends the flight period. TDU? I loved TDU, I even fried a VC while overclocking my CPU to try and play it. But it's arcade all the way.

You see, a simulation game is one that actually has reality in it. When you make an error that you pay for it. This is one of the reasons I pretty much stick to Codemasters games, even though they are more 50/50 than pure simulation. Oh and I looove myself some Project Cars.
Right......

I wasn't giving this "game" ANY credit of calling it a "simulation,"DTabakov

I'm poking at it's lack of foundation (as far as an actual game., THERE IS NO GAME.) Then taking pot-shots at the remnants (game's driving engine) and calling that out for the piece of shit it is.

I point out iRacing as a proper simulation, where you're guaranteed a pack of friends to play with you. Unlike this POS, where you bring friends, OR WE ALL AGREED THERE IS NO GAME :D

So we're back to my original post : THERE IS NO GAME HERE. Just a map you can drive you car over, and a mess of a main story.

The advertisements of the game sold it as an always-online co-op racing version of Borderlands 2, but unlike Borderlands 2 there is no depth to this game.

Last edited:
I was really excited for the original "The Crew," even bought the game with the season pass, but was quickly angered when Ubisoft didn't include Wild Run within the season pass, or even a discount for people who had purchased it. Hopefully the new map is substantially larger as well.

"You bought the season pass. That season was Spring, it's now Summer. Go f*** yourself." - Ubisoft

:)

Back